PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Land Owens in Trade

ALinChainz
03-16-2004, 01:27 PM
KFFL Breaking News
Eagles land Owens in Trade - 03/16/04

Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports WR Terrell Owens will become a member of the Philadelphia Eagles after all. The Owens fiasco has been settled with essentially a brand new trade. Owens will be traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for one of the Eagles' defensive starters -- who has yet to be named because the player has yet to be informed -- and the Baltimore Ravens will receive their second-round draft choice as well as a draft pick from the Eagles, likely a fifth-rounder, for their trouble in the matter.

POJO_Risin
03-16-2004, 05:31 PM
The Eagles get Owens...send a fifth rounder to Baltimore...jesus...a fifth rounder...

and the 49ers get Brandon Whiting in the deal...

shitty for the Ravens...now they still need a receiver...

ALinChainz
03-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Not sure on the NFL scheduling for the Eagles and Ravens, but would be cool to see them play.

The Raven players on defense would have to be frothing over a shot at Terrell. We can only hope.

They do still need a receiver and that 2nd round pick will be their first in this draft (last year moving up to take Boller). They should get a decent receiver in the draft, but no Owens.

POJO_Risin
03-16-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm amazed at this...totally amazed at this...

okay...let me get this shit straight...

Owens freakin' agent fucks up...and he can't become a free agent...

so San Fran trades him...Baltimore gets him for only a second round pick...great move for them...and Owens doesn't control his fate...beautiful...and it's his damn fault...

but no..he fucking whines and moans...until the NFL backs up and arbitrates the whole deal...and basically lets everyone know that the whining bitch is going to freaking get his way...and that if Baltimore doesn't agree to come up with a deal before it arbitrates...they'll be left in the lurch...

so they are forced to agree to a fifth round pick...SF makes out getting a starter on defense...and Philly ends up with that bitch of a wideout...

I hope he's every bit the fucking bitch everyone knows he can be...

ALinChainz
03-16-2004, 05:41 PM
The thing I don't get is that the NFL didn't have to make a ruling because the teams decided this course of action before a ruling was handed down. I wish it would have went to the decision to see what would have happened.

Baltimore gets their original 2nd rounder back (51) and a fifth they didnt have for their trouble.

POJO_Risin
03-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah...but they lose out on Terrell...which would have improved their team certainly...well...other than the fact that he didn't want to be there and would have been a pain in the ass...

so yeah...they get a free fifth rounder...

no Terrell...

I'm betting you that the arbitrator said...settle this to Baltimore...so they get something out of it...

Tony Soprano
03-16-2004, 09:23 PM
This says it all !!!;) The baby gets his bottle.

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=banghaha&file=index

Hecubus
03-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Here's the beauty of it tho, Poj....

When he was out here in SF, the beyotch whined & complained & said the media was always on his case when they thought he was dogging it.....

Just wait until the Philly fans smell a little blood in the water.

He won't last 4 fucking downs. Good riddance to bad trash I say. He's a helluva receiver, yes. But what a blight on the team...any team.

Cult of Roth
03-18-2004, 11:22 PM
What I wanna know is how'd the 49ers end up dropping T.O. and Garcia? What the hell kind of team are they gonna have next year?

Thank god I've been a Pats fans since 85. All those long-suffering years have finally paid off...

WARF
03-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Holy shit!

Cult Of Roth!!!

MikeVanHln
03-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Is there any doubt that the Eagles now have the strongest and most talented team in the league? They will win the Super Bowl in 2005 and there is a very good chance that they will do it again in 2006 if they keep the team together. It has finally happened here in Philly...we're going to win it all! GO BIRDS!

ALinChainz
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I got doubts still.

Is their running game going to be any good? Both Wetbrook and Buckhalter have been injury prone.

Is McNabb that much more accurate than Garcia? Better quarterback, absolutely, but that much more accurate? Terrell has be known to short arm passes if they aren't perfectly thrown. Freddie Mitchell just started to come on at the end of last season, he has to step for sure now.

Kearse stay healthy? His stats have been dropping since his rookie season. They need him to stay on the field and someone to play corner, they will have 2 new starters this season.

BuzinBad
03-21-2004, 07:18 PM
I can NOT wait to see the Eagles start their year just like they did last year and listen to TO cry like the fucking baby he is about not getting the ball!!!! Can't wait for the season to start!

MikeVanHln
03-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BuzinBad
I can NOT wait to see the Eagles start their year just like they did last year and listen to TO cry like the fucking baby he is about not getting the ball!!!! Can't wait for the season to start!

You must be a Cowboys fan. You're all the same.

Lou
03-21-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm worried about the RB position myself, because I don't think Buckhalter's that good, and losing Staley hurts their leadership there. I'm actually OK with letting Vincent and Taylor go, but I would have kept Staley. Westbrook is awesome when he's in there but he can't take a 20 carry a game pounding.

ALinChainz
03-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Seems like they should have a shot at someone solid at those positions (RB, CB) also coming up in the draft, picking at #28.

With all the receivers available in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add one more. I know they have signed Pinkston to an extension, but couldn't see why.

BuzinBad
03-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by MikeVanHln
You must be a Cowboys fan. You're all the same.

You must be a Philly fan. Like they ain't all the same? City of Brotherly Shove is just that. Boo Santa why don't ya? Here's wishing you another NFC championship loss.

Lou
03-21-2004, 10:26 PM
The Boo Santa thing was in the '60s, before a lot of us on this board were even born, get over it.

BuzinBad
03-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Lou
The Boo Santa thing was in the '60s, before a lot of us on this board were even born, get over it.

Get over it? I was never on it. Just don't start a Philly fans are "holier than thou" thing is all. You want to lump all Cowboy fans in one group then I guess you are all Santa booers, snowball with battery thowers, etc. BTW I was alive and remember the Santa booing quite well. As well as I remember 5 straight NFC East titles and 3 superbowls. Ah the good ole days indeed.