PDA

View Full Version : Americans Being Terrorized in TEXAS!

Nickdfresh
08-07-2005, 07:30 AM
TERROR PLAGUES BORDER

CORRUPTION, KIDNAPPING, CRIME RUINING TEXAS TOWN

rss202

By Richard Walker

Residents of Laredo on the U.S. side of the Rio Grande are experiencing terror, and it is not coming from Arab revolutionary groups but from Mexican criminals and drug cartels, one of them comprised of former members of Mexico’s special forces.

In Laredo, a city of 250,000, which has seen massive growth through cross-border trade over the past decade, there is a real fear that there are insufficient federal and local law enforcement personnel to protect Americans living there.

In recent years, aside from violent home invasions by illegal aliens and the spread of narco-trafficking by Mexican drug lords, the Laredo area has seen a spate of kidnappings followed by ransom demands and the disappearance of several dozen of its citizens.

Time and again, the Border Patrol there has warned Washington that neighboring Nuevo Laredo, which is just across the Mexican border, has been the source of violence and illicit drug running that has spread to Laredo and as far as Dallas.

To make matters worse, until a month ago, the DEA and the FBI had made it plain to lawmakers in Congress and in Texas that the entire Nuevo Laredo police force was in the pay of the drug cartels, especially the Zetas, a bloodthirsty group of heavily armed ex-Mexican special forces officers.

The Zetas made their mark along the Gulf of Mexico, waging gun battles with their rival, the Juarez Cartel. According to the FBI, which has been tracking Zeta hit men in the United States, the Zetas’ expertise is in assassination and moving drugs from Mexico into United States.

For the people of Laredo, the most frightening dimension to the violence that has engulfed their region has been the kidnapping of U.S. citizens, who are taken across the border into Nuevo Laredo, some of them never to reappear.

Official figures confirm that, in the past year alone, 30 to 40 Americans have been kidnapped or murdered on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande, in the vicinity of Nuevo Laredo.

Traditionally, the half-million inhabitants of Nuevo Laredo depended heavily on tourism from Texas, but with the arrival of the drug gangs and criminals from Mexico City, U.S. citizens have stayed away. As a result, the economic damage to ordinary shopkeepers has been considerable.

From a Border Patrol perspective, the real issue is that Nuevo Laredo poses a potent threat to U.S. security because of what could be hidden in the 10,000 trucks that daily carry goods across the border into the United States.

In early June, Mexican President Vicente Fox, under pressure from Washington, agreed that Nuevo Laredo had to be “cleaned up.” However, he failed to give immediate authorization to his security people to do that, and on June 8 a new police chief in the border town was assassinated.

Mexican agents from the Agencia Federal de Investigacion, AFI, the equivalent of the FBI, were dispatched to Nuevo Laredo to investigate the murder. However, when they arrived in the center of the town, they were stopped at a roadblock by local police, one of whom shot one of the AFI agents in the chest, claiming he had gone for his gun. As it turned out, the AFI agent who was shot was not even armed at the time.

Following the shooting, some 1,000 Mexican troops, special forces and scores of Mexican federal agents moved into Nuevo Laredo and sealed it off. Forty police officers were arrested and questioned about the assassination of the police chief and the shooting of the federal agent.

Those actions were followed by the arrest and questioning of all 700 members of the town’s police force. During the opening hours of the clean-up, Mexican troops found 43 kidnap victims in several different houses. Most of them were members of drug cartels.

That effectively dashed the hopes of American families who had prayed their loved ones would be freed when the town was liberated. No one was more shattered than William Slemaker, who had been holding out hope from September 2004 that his stepdaughter, Yvette Martinez, 27, and her friend, Brenda Cisneros, would be found. They had simply vanished on a trip to Nuevo Laredo and, unlike other kidnap victims, no ransom demands were ever received from their kidnappers.

Violence is a way of life in northern Mexican border towns, and much of that can be attributed to drug cartels and the movement of illegal aliens by organized crime syndicates.

According to the Border Patrol the fault lies with Mexico’s traditionally corrupt police force and judiciary.

The scale of the drug business can be seen in the fact that in four years there has been a 74 percent increase in the seizure of methamphetamine shipments at the border.

For some time, the Border Patrol, desperately in need of more staff, has highlighted the need to tighten security. For example, for years there has been a steady flow of illegals from Nuevo Laredo to the interstate that leads straight to Houston. In 2004, staff from Mexico’s immigration organization, the National Migration Institute, confirmed that among undocumented immigrants interviewed by them were people from China and eastern European countries as well as from Haiti, Cuba, Brazil, Guatemala, Venezuela, El Salvador and Honduras.

The range of countries appeared to indicate the presence of organized crime in moving people into the United States from many parts of the world, using the Mexican border. On July 19, the Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition met in Houston to express anger at the U.S. federal government’s failure to secure the border.

The group was highly critical of what it called the “catch and release program” whereby illegals are taken into custody and immediately released when it is established that they are not involved in terrorism. From the coalition’s standpoint, illegals taken into custody should also be subjected to criminal background checks and should be tested to ensure they are not carriers of infectious diseases.

(Issue #31, August 1, 2005)

Not Copyrighted. Readers can reprint and are free to redistribute - as long as full credit is given to American Free Press - 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Suite 100 Washington, D.C. 20003

Link (http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/terror_plagues_border.html)

So where is our National GUARD? Where are our paramilitary police, the FBI, U.S. Marshalls, DEA, ATF, CIA, and even the military? Chasing phantom terrorists? Over 40 people were abucted last year from this town and yet our military (including the reserves and militia) are pinned down in the middle east. Bullshit! They need to control the border now! And I'm not even talking about immigration...

Big Train
08-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I think what you mean to say is where are the Texas Rangers and local law enforcement in sufficient numbers, in tandem with an actual functioning Border Patrol, in tandem with an actual functioning Mexican government.

BigBadBrian
08-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
I think what you mean to say is where are the Texas Rangers and local law enforcement in sufficient numbers, in tandem with an actual functioning Border Patrol, in tandem with an actual functioning Mexican government.

Really. Thanks for the voice of reason.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
08-07-2005, 11:11 AM

I think there are only a few hundred TEXAS Rangers, local law enforcement and the Border Patrol are overrun. Obviously things is getting epidemic. The point is we spend billions on "Homeland Security" and to "build a new, democratic Iraq in order to prevent future terrorism":rolleyes:, yet we can't secure a small town in our own country. With 40, and possibly more, US Cirizens kidnapped/murdered, measures are needed. I saw on CNN this morning that a junk yard of abandoned cars is building up around that area from missing people.

Nickdfresh
08-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Really. Thanks for the voice of reason.

:gulp:

Yeah, lets hide our heads (in the Iraqi) sand...

Big Train
08-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Exactly how is dealing with seperate issues keeping my hand in the sand? I'm actully agreeing with you!!???

The point I'm trying to make is that is different tools for different jobs. You want to fund more law enforcement, then fine. I don't want to use troops however to solve a regional problem. I would like to use better law enforcement and stronger tactics with the Mexican government.

But I'll just go put my head back in the cool sand...

FORD
08-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Texas cops (and Secret Service) are too busy harassing and threatening veterans and mothers of dead soldiers to actually do their fucking jobs.

Nickdfresh
08-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Exactly how is dealing with seperate issues keeping my hand in the sand? I'm actully agreeing with you!!???

The point I'm trying to make is that is different tools for different jobs. You want to fund more law enforcement, then fine. I don't want to use troops however to solve a regional problem. I would like to use better law enforcement and stronger tactics with the Mexican government.

But I'll just go put my head back in the cool sand...

I was talking to BBB.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But corruption seems to be institutionalized in the Mexican police though. And I'm reading stories about renegade Mexican Army special ops. units turned drug dealers, stuff out of "Lethal Weapon." This may require more than just well funded police, a federal multi-agency task force should be looked at as well.

But I think it's funny that some here once wanted to invade SYRIA because foreign fighters were slipping into Iraq, well, we need to clean up our end of the world.

thome
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Yet another anti Irak thread and how it completly relates to Loredo Texas . Its rite next to Syria

Ben Laden is in Loredo thats what he must be saying .

Or is he using the trials and troubles of dead and kidnapped people
in Loredo Texas Further his War On Bush.

WT.....F

Not everything is Bushs fault

FORD
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
It certainly is Bush's fault. The motherfucker was governor of Texas before the Supreme Court made him pResident.

That Chimp has been in the position to do something about border security - at least in that state - since 1994, and he hasn't done shit.

The reason why has a lot to do with why he and Jeb were made governors of southern border states to begin with. Because it's easier to conduct the family business that way. And I ain't talking oil.....

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/abuse/images/coca.jpg

thome
08-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It certainly is Bush's fault. The motherfucker was governor of Texas before the Supreme Court made him pResident.

That Chimp has been in the position to do something about border security - at least in that state - since 1994, and he hasn't done shit.

The reason why has a lot to do with why he and Jeb were made governors of southern border states to begin with. Because it's easier to conduct the family business that way. And I ain't talking oil.....

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/abuse/images/coca.jpg

The Mexicans are our brothers you biggot
there will never be a berlin wall in this country
learn to realize there were Mexicans here before christopher columbus
landed on the shore of this country
Blame the mexican govt for not thinking of their people first
those people are in most every americans back heritage.
Indian mexican they are all americans

thome
08-07-2005, 07:06 PM
I want to edit out bigot i have those tendencies sometimes to
say stuff i dont always mean sorry
I really am sorryI apologize

thome
08-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Those people Illegals or work permit earn in a month in america what in mexico takes a year i have personally seen them mail back 3/4
of their paycheck .

I have never employed a illegal but i see no way else to solve a third
world issue rite hear in our ____Shpere of Influence .

Every one bitches about africa. Africa may be in Europes sphere
but we are expected to bail the world out. When there is basic third
world economies straight south of here i have argued this issue w/
every red blooded american in the world it seems like

All i can say is these people from mexico are takeing a liitle piece
of our pie and i dont perticually care.The money sent home must
help humanity as a whole

The murduring gang bangers can go to hell most of the mexicans
are just hungry.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Bump deux!

Dr. Love
03-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah, don't go to Laredo if you value your kidneys.

Sleeper Cell
03-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I live in Texas--it is pretty much all-mexican here anyways, so get used to it. The only way to fix this border problem is for the USA to absorb Mexico. Let their people run free throughout the States. We all know the reason that the Mexicans want to come here is for the jobs.

If there weren't so many lazy, deadbeat, tornado-bait, white trash sisterfuckers here in America that think they are too good to do menial labor, there would be no jobs here for the immigrants to take.
The problem starts in America...I love my Mexican brothers and sisters, as long as they don't steal my kidneys..

tsc

BigBadBrian
03-30-2006, 08:57 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/POLITICS/analysis/toons/2006/03/28/lang/cnnlangtoon032806.jpg

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Can you please try to keep this stuff in the politcal cartoon thread (bigbadbrian), thank you...

diamondD
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
So what you are saying now is, even if it's relevant to the thread, pictures and cartoons should only be posted in that one particular thread?

I gotta start writing all these new rules down. Before I thought it was just don't start a thread based on a cartoon. My bad.

BigBadBrian
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Can you please try to keep this stuff in the politcal cartoon thread (bigbadbrian), thank you...

Did you tell Savicki to keep his stuff in the cartoon thread in that other thread where he posted a pic?

I think not.

So the answer is NO.

:cool:

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Did you tell Savicki to keep his stuff in the cartoon thread in that other thread where he posted a pic?

I think not.

So the answer is NO.

Uhm, actually I did, right before I told you too:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=897737#post897737

Dude, are you stuck with a six-grade mentality of jilted unfairness? Did you get a lot of wedgies and lose your lunch money to "liberal-bullies" or something?

BigBadBrian
03-30-2006, 09:14 AM

Dude, are you stuck with a six-grade mentality of jilted unfairness? Did you get a lot of wedgies and lose your lunch money to "liberal-bullies" or something?

Be that as it may....... :cool:

You had not told him that before I looked at my screen again and wrote my post.

Probably one of those "the check is in the mail" type of thing.

Anyhow, I'll cease and desist, until..........

Someone else puts a pic in a thead without being told to put it in the cartoon thread......

Then the gloves are off.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
So what you are saying now is, even if it's relevant to the thread, pictures and cartoons should only be posted in that one particular thread?

I gotta start writing all these new rules down. Before I thought it was just don't start a thread based on a cartoon. My bad.

Um, that's what it's there for... Elvis started it for that very purpose...

And did I say it was a rule? It's more like a guideline. I mean usually discussion has words and stuff. And if an image is used to accentuate the point, fine. Other than that , please try to keep stuff in the political cartoon thread... There are no rules here other than no cock pics and no SPAMing.

Besides, I thought you didn't take this seriously. Funny how much you seem to care.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:18 AM

Then the gloves are off.

Brian. Grow the fuck up...

Cartoons generally (though not always) ruin discussion and stop threads cold, and I actually thought Steve's was more usless, dated, uncreative, and unfunny than yours was.

My God, your tit for tat mentality is seriously troubling. I think people go into therapy for that...

diamondD
03-30-2006, 09:18 AM
I just asked a question. It'll be alright Nick.

BigBadBrian
03-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Brian. Grow the fuck up...

Cartoons generally (though not always) ruin discussion and stop threads cold, and I actually thought Steve's was more usless, dated, uncreative, and unfunny than yours was.

My God, your tit for tat mentality is seriously troubling. I think people go into therapy for that...

You're the one whining about it.

All I want is an even hand in the modding.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
I just asked a question. It'll be alright Nick.

Actually, you asked a loaded question, and then made a cute little statement afterword.:)

BTW, yes I use pictures and cartoons in posts myself in case you didn't notice. Not just AS A POST...

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
You're the one whining about it.

All I want is an even hand in the modding.

Unless it's a thread you don't like...;)

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Sleeper Cell
...I love my Mexican brothers and sisters, as long as they don't steal my kidneys..

tsc

That's the second Texan (I presume) that has made the "kidney" comment...

Do Mexican gangs actually steal kidneys/internal organs? Or is this an urban myth?:confused: Oi vay!

Warham
03-30-2006, 06:27 PM

It's a rule that I started.

I'm allowing cartoons outside the cartoon thread from now on.

Who knows, they might spark some 'good debate'.

FORD
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Warham

So far, all it has sparked is douchebaggery from Vagina Beach.

The cartoon thread serves a valuable purpose, which is why it's been here, not just since the re-birth of this forum on New Years 2004, but before that in our "season in exile" at "The War Zone" and even in the previous incarnation of the Army, probably dating back to shortly after 9-11-01 itself. And it's funny how only one admitted button pushing asswipe has ever had a problem with the thread's existence.

Warham
03-30-2006, 06:57 PM
So far, all it has sparked is douchebaggery from Vagina Beach.

The cartoon thread serves a valuable purpose, which is why it's been here, not just since the re-birth of this forum on New Years 2004, but before that in our "season in exile" at "The War Zone" and even in the previous incarnation of the Army, probably dating back to shortly after 9-11-01 itself. And it's funny how only one admitted button pushing asswipe has ever had a problem with the thread's existence.

Well, since you allowed the 9/11 Tetris thread to continue on, and people suggested that it sparked 'good debate and discussion', I figured we should allow that freedom to everybody here, not just Kentuckylira. Free speech and all.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM

I rule you can blow me.:)

Openly starting shit just as POJO told you not too? Actually, that was my main "bitch" yesterday, you posturing for your Neo Con pals using you as their oven-mit-....

Guitar Shark
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
LOL @ Vagina Beach.

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I rule you can blow me.:)

Openly starting shit just as POJO told you not too? Actually, that was my main "bitch" yesterday, you posturing for your Neo Con pals using you as their oven-mit-....

You get your new rules, I get mine.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Well, since you allowed the 9/11 Tetris thread to continue on, and people suggested that it sparked 'good debate and discussion', I figured we should allow that freedom to everybody here, not just Kentuckylira. Free speech and all.

So why dump his thread? You're such a contradictory joke boy...

Try sticking to a position that's not completely derived from two-faced self interest, then hypocritically masking it as reform, flip-flopper...

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
You get your new rules, I get mine.

There are no rules...

You showed that yesterday...

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:37 PM
There are no rules...

You showed that yesterday...

Oh, yes there are.

Your new rules for what constitute as 'dupes' and 'SPAM' started off this firestorm.

I'm following suit, big boy.

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
So why dump his thread? You're such a contradictory joke boy...

Try sticking to a position that's not completely derived from two-faced self interest, then hypocritically masking it as reform, flip-flopper...

Try not to close threads that aren't 'dupes'.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Try not to close threads that aren't 'dupes'.

Okay, I'll try not too...

Let's try not to encourage people to post every possible article from another website, since we're not a "mirror" or clearing house, and we'll be okay, mmm'kay?

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Okay, I'll try not too...

Let's try not to encourage people to post every possible article from another website, since we're not a "mirror" or clearing house, and we'll be okay, mmm'kay?

That goes for articles from the NY and LA Times as well.

I agree.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
That goes for articles from the NY and LA Times as well.

I agree.

No. There's a difference between news articles and somebody writing a slant...

And I don't recall anybody posting the entire front page of either paper recently...

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
No. There's a difference between news articles and somebody writing a slant...

And I don't recall anybody posting the entire front page of either paper recently...

So the NY Times doesn't post ANY op-ed pieces with ANY slant to them, is that what you are saying? No hint of disliking the Bush administration?

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:00 PM
So the NY Times doesn't post ANY op-ed pieces with ANY slant to them, is that what you are saying? No hint of disliking the Bush administration?

Well, I rarely post them...

And the NY Times also employs George Will as an op-ed writer I believe, a noted and respected Conservative columnist...

Warham
03-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, I rarely post them...

And the NY Times also employs George Will as an op-ed writer I believe, a noted and respected Conservative columnist...

Every Northeastern paper has to have their token conservative. :)

LoungeMachine
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM

Gee, PIG...

I thought you said you couldnt answer my question because you were "taking care of real life"

Yet you keep your little fights going elsewhere....

Do you stand behind your POST that the Congresswoman should be LYNCHED, and doesn't deserve a trial, or not?

You're a liar, a hypocrite, and a fucking pussy.

Thought you were going to "call me to the carpet" :rolleyes:

Face it,, you were wrong, tried to be funny, and looked like an idiot,. again.

LoungeMachine
03-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh, yes there are.

Your new rules for what constitute as 'dupes' and 'SPAM' started off this firestorm.

I'm following suit, big boy.

You're an embarrassment to this forum , Pig.

Ally_Kat
03-31-2006, 12:17 AM
Goddamnit. Someone here has to be a grown-up and I guess only the youngest mod has the sense to do it.

Nick - don't be condescending or insult people when laying out guidelines you want them to follow. That's just asking for trouble, like you're getting right now and doesn't shine you in the leader-type role. Let what was done blow over and ignore anything brought up about it.

Warham - talk to Brian and DD and see if you can get them off edge a lil and tell them if they really have a problem with anything a frontline mod does to say something in feedback. Don't instigate Nick. Let what was done blow over and ignore anything brought up about it.

Lounge - don't instigate Warham. You're only asking for trouble, too, and not the way one of this forum's other mods should be acting. I don't care if Nick is your friend or if he's on the same side of the aisle as you; You should be the one saying this, not me from Non, and you should be trying to resolve it so the bickering doesn't clog up debates in here like it is, not making yourself a martyr in the mod room by resigning.

And if you boys can't help but bicker, then damnit, private posts. Or do it in the mod room. That's half the reason we have these things.

You're grown men for Christ's sake and picked to be an example for this part of the forum. Act like it.

Ally_Kat
03-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Sleeper Cell
I live in Texas--it is pretty much all-mexican here anyways, so get used to it. The only way to fix this border problem is for the USA to absorb Mexico. Let their people run free throughout the States. We all know the reason that the Mexicans want to come here is for the jobs.

If there weren't so many lazy, deadbeat, tornado-bait, white trash sisterfuckers here in America that think they are too good to do menial labor, there would be no jobs here for the immigrants to take.
The problem starts in America...I love my Mexican brothers and sisters, as long as they don't steal my kidneys..

tsc

Sad, really, isn't it? Too many people who refuse to work yet bitch they are poor. And then worse is when they use their kids to get the Social Security money.

Dr. Love
03-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Goddamnit. Someone here has to be a grown-up and I guess only the youngest mod has the sense to do it.

Nick - don't be condescending or insult people when laying out guidelines you want them to follow. That's just asking for trouble, like you're getting right now and doesn't shine you in the leader-type role. Let what was done blow over and ignore anything brought up about it.

Warham - talk to Brian and DD and see if you can get them off edge a lil and tell them if they really have a problem with anything a frontline mod does to say something in feedback. Don't instigate Nick. Let what was done blow over and ignore anything brought up about it.

Lounge - don't instigate Warham. You're only asking for trouble, too, and not the way one of this forum's other mods should be acting. I don't care if Nick is your friend or if he's on the same side of the aisle as you; You should be the one saying this, not me from Non, and you should be trying to resolve it so the bickering doesn't clog up debates in here like it is, not making yourself a martyr in the mod room by resigning.

And if you boys can't help but bicker, then damnit, private posts. Or do it in the mod room. That's half the reason we have these things.

You're grown men for Christ's sake and picked to be an example for this part of the forum. Act like it.

For the sake of my personal amusement, ignore this :D

LoungeMachine
03-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
For the sake of my personal amusement, ignore this :D

LMMFAO

I was half tempted to quote Ally's, and then "forget" to hit the green hide -a thingy :D

Let everyone know how she just bitchslapped the lot of us.

The cunt.:D

Nickdfresh
03-31-2006, 02:10 AM
I just wanted to hide a post from those peon "regular users.":)

Nickdfresh
03-31-2006, 02:15 AM
That's the second Texan (I presume) that has made the "kidney" comment...

Do Mexican gangs actually steal kidneys/internal organs? Or is this an urban myth?:confused: Oi vay!

Anyone gonna' answer my question!:mad:

FORD
03-31-2006, 03:18 AM

George Will is worth more than all the Town Hall shills combined. I certainly don't agree with him often, but at least he has a three digit IQ, and can give his views on issues without living in neo-con fairy land

(and no that wasn't a reference to all the closet cases in today's Republican party)

sisca
03-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Anyone gonna' answer my question!:mad: i have heard of it happening on the border towns. whether its true or not, i dont wanna know or find out. i need my kidneys to filter beer and liquor.

Warham
03-31-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

I've just been put in my place.

Warham
03-31-2006, 06:55 AM
George Will is worth more than all the Town Hall shills combined. I certainly don't agree with him often, but at least he has a three digit IQ, and can give his views on issues without living in neo-con fairy land

(and no that wasn't a reference to all the closet cases in today's Republican party)

George Will is a good man, and he loves baseball. Bonus points.