PDA

View Full Version : Al Jazeera Praises Kerry

John Ashcroft
03-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Al Jazeera, the Arab news network considered by Westerners to be the voice of al-Qaida, is praising likely Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry as "a popular mainstream Democrat with liberal tendencies, [who] has been widely seen as a good compromise candidate in a divided party."

"A decorated war hero, Kerry supported the attack on Iraq and wants to see a strong U.S. military," notes al Jazeera in a candidate profile on its Web site. "But that hawkish stance is balanced by his promotion of healthcare coverage, workers' rights and environment-friendly practices."

The network favored by Osama bin Laden as the chief venue for his propaganda tapes stressed that although Kerry initially supported the Iraq war, "he has suggested Bush's handling of the campaign is 'f****ed up.'"

Dwelling on Kerry's criticism of the White House, al Jazeera cites his complaints that "Bush misled Americans on the degree Iraq posed a threat," along with accusations from the Massachusetts Democrat that Bush isn't "working closely enough with the wider international community."

The al-Qaida-friendly network also notes, "[Kerry] says excluding France and Germany from rebuilding Iraq was 'dumb and insulting'" - and spotlighted Kerry's charge that the Bush Justice Department has stigmatized "innocent Muslims and Arabs who pose no danger."

Calling Kerry "a relatively liberal senator," al Jazeera explained that he "made a name for himself on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, where he ... exposed the role of President Ronald Reagan's aide Colonel Oliver North in smuggling guns to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua."

Stopping just short of an endorsement, al Jazeera concludes: "Kerry is well placed politically between his party's radical left and arch conservatives. And he has the funds to last the whole season if necessary."

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/16/132854.shtml)

knuckleboner
03-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Calling Kerry "a relatively liberal senator," al Jazeera explained that he "made a name for himself on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, where he ... exposed the role of President Ronald Reagan's aide Colonel Oliver North in smuggling guns to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua."

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/16/132854.shtml)

far be it for me to correct al-jazeera...(;)), but...i believe the gun sales were to iran. the proceeds went to the contras.

BigBadBrian
03-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Fuck that Islamic terrorist rag.

Viking
03-16-2004, 05:54 PM
First, North Korea, now the water boys for AQ. I'd imagine that Stalin will rise from the grave and endorse him next.

Satan
03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Viking
First, North Korea, now the water boys for AQ. I'd imagine that Stalin will rise from the grave and endorse him next.

Now see, the only problem with that scenario is if I let Stalin out, I'd also have to release Hitler and his personal banker Prescott Bush go up to campaign for Junior. Campaign finance laws in Hell don't have the kind of loopholes y'all have up there unfortunately.

Viking
03-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Go away, FORD. :rolleyes: