PDA

View Full Version : The Queensryche Thread

sammysucks65
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
i love these guys kickass arena rock...operation mindcrime for 3 dollars at my local cd store genius....like pink floyd meets judas preist or metallica

anyone like em?

anyone see em?

discuss! :D

SNIPER
08-07-2005, 06:56 PM
My band opened up for them in 97. Got to hang with them, kewl dudes but Im just not into the type of mechanical music. It just doesnt groove for me.

sammysucks65
08-07-2005, 07:08 PM
thats cool they opened for preist a few weeks ago sold out the time i heard about it

SNIPER
08-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Does JP have a new album out yet?

sammysucks65
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
no clue i just listened to them for the first time today

i bought operation mindcrime

i heard of them a while ago

but literly heard them today

bueno bob
08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
Does JP have a new album out yet?

"Angel of Retribution" has been out for quite a few months, guy. Good record, overall.

bueno bob
08-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
i love these guys kickass arena rock...operation mindcrime for 3 dollars at my local cd store genius....like pink floyd meets judas preist or metallica

anyone like em?

anyone see em?

discuss! :D

I saw them headlining in '91...Empire tour, I guess...good show, but IMO, everything they've recorded since then has been worse than what they recorded before it.

Hardrock69
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I am seeing them Sept. 29th.

It will be interesting to see if they play anything from OM:II

Mr Badguy
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I saw them headlining in '91...Empire tour, I guess...good show, but IMO, everything they've recorded since then has been worse than what they recorded before it.

No way, Dude.

94`s "Promised land" is a masterpiece although it isn`t easy listening.

I rate "Rage for order", "Operation:Mindcrime" and "Empire" as some of the best metal albums of the era, but I reckon "Promised land" is their best.

A brave record to make as the world probably expected "Empire" part 2.

muffinman14
08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
They're not fit to open for me ripping wet farts on stage. Just my opinion.

Warham
08-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of Geoff Tate's vocals. Too shrill.

Mezro
08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
94`s "Promised land" is a masterpiece although it isn`t easy listening.

I rate "Rage for order", "Operation:Mindcrime" and "Empire" as some of the best metal albums of the era,

Agreed.

Promised Land is an amazing listen that takes time to grow on you.

I always go with Rage for Order as my fav, followed by O:M, then PL, then Empire.

Mezro...all 4 are incredible...one of my favorite bands...

Keeyth
08-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Back in the early eighties, when their first album came out, I banged this chick on a one night stand who claimed she was his sister. She did kind of have a facial resemblance, and she showed me her drivers license which read Joy Tate.

Anyone know if he has a sister and what her name is? I've always wondered if she was just saying that to or if it was for real...

VonHalen
08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
their ok, OMC- and Empire are the only ones i own, may get the new one, saw them open for priest, rather good i might say

Mezro
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Anyone know if he has a sister and what her name is? I've always wondered if she was just saying that to or if it was for real...

Email their Webmaster - those geeks have nothing better to do than answer questions all day.

Mezro...try it... www.queensryche.com ...so Keeyth...did she take hold of your flame?...LOL...I hope it really is her...

Keeyth
08-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Email their Webmaster - those geeks have nothing better to do than answer questions all day.

Mezro...try it... www.queensryche.com ...so Keeyth...did she take hold of your flame?...LOL...I hope it really is her...

Oh yeah, I banged her like freebie form a Vegas callgirl! :D

Back then I was all Big Hair and tight pants and in a cool band, so I don't know if she was just saying it to impress me and get me into bed or what, but I was such a slut back then she needn't have bothered trying to impress! :D

I'll have to see if he really has a sis...

Seshmeister
08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Agreed.

Promised Land is an amazing listen that takes time to grow on you.

I always go with Rage for Order as my fav, followed by O:M, then PL, then Empire.

Mezro...all 4 are incredible...one of my favorite bands...

Wow I need to go back and try again.

QR are in my top 5 bands lists but I only like RFO, MC and Empire. I got Promised land and threw it in the corner after a couple of listenings.

So you guys think it's worth another try?

Cheers!

:gulp:

sammysucks65
08-08-2005, 10:02 PM
i like two QRs now...queensryche and quiet riot...say what you will about both but i reallly thought metal health was a good album

the early years with randy rhoads were great too.

plus how can you not like cum on feel the noize

quiet riots still touring...played a row of shows with firehouse cinderella and umm thats it ithink....good though

Hardrock69
08-08-2005, 11:27 PM
When they played Wichita, Kansas in June of 1994 on the Promised Land Tour, they allowed people who bought a special ticket at the box office to tape the show. Audio OR Video. Ticket was no extra money, just had to buy it at the box office.

A friend loaned me a pro grade stereo VHS Videocam, and I recorded the entire show from front to back. Got Type-O Negative as well.

I just recently upgraded my Computer to a mobo that has USB 2.0. I needed it, because last year I bought an interface called Instant DVD, that will allow me to record direct to my hard drive off my VCR. My last mobo did not have USB 2.0, so if I had done a digital recording the quality would have sucked.

SO...sometime in the near future, I will create a DVD of it.
The Taper section was right behind the soundboard. The stage cut the arena in half, and the sound board was backed up to one end. Therefore I was not very far away, and got incredible picture and sound.

I was going to bring a tripod, but the front office bitch on the phone said no tripods allowed, so I left it at home.

Fucking got to the gate, and security was letting guys bring tripods in.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Anyway, perhaps it was an advantage, as I knew when all the guitar solos were going to hit, and I knew who to zoom in on, etc. I had it resting on my shoulder the whole time, and it all turned out great.

As it was, in between acts I was standing in the hallway recharging my battery (plugged into the wall outlet) when this guy comes up from EMI Records and we start talking, and he just gives me an aftershow pass!

It was pretty cool...I had brought a piece of memorablilia with me: Geoff Tate's laminate pass from the Rage For Order Tour. I ended up getting him, Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson to sign it.

Geoff was blown away that I had it.

Someday when I get the DVD done, I will let you guys know.

bueno bob
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
That'd be very cool to see.

Mr Badguy
08-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Wow I need to go back and try again.

QR are in my top 5 bands lists but I only like RFO, MC and Empire. I got Promised land and threw it in the corner after a couple of listenings.

So you guys think it's worth another try?

Hell yes.

It`s less Maiden/Priest than their early stuff and a lot more trad metal meets Pink Floyd.

I always thought of it as a concept album a lot like "Dark side of the moon".

All the songs relate to aspects of life: "I am I" is about being born, "Damaged" about psychological problems, "Promised land" about failure, "Someone else?" about the mistakes we all make and how you have to try put the past behind you etc.

It may take a few spins but it`s well worth it.

Mr Badguy
08-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
When they played Wichita, Kansas in June of 1994 on the Promised Land Tour, they allowed people who bought a special ticket at the box office to tape the show. Audio OR Video. Ticket was no extra money, just had to buy it at the box office.

I`ve got the "Saints and sinners" boot from the PR tour, San Jose 24/5/95.

The play all of "Promised land", the big hitters from "Empire" and a mini "Operation:Mindcrime".

The only pisser is there`s only two tracks from "Rage for order".

The sound quality is amazing stereo so perhaps someone bought one of them special tickets.

Either that or QR taped it for a live album.

Bill Lumbergh
08-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Oh yeah, I banged her like freebie form a Vegas callgirl! :D

Back then I was all Big Hair and tight pants and in a cool band, so I don't know if she was just saying it to impress me and get me into bed or what, but I was such a slut back then she needn't have bothered trying to impress! :D

I'll have to see if he really has a sis...

That was just me sporting fake tits! Sorry 'bout that!!!!!!!!

superdave
08-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Even though I have always hated 'power ballads', Silent Lucidity is one of the FEW I can tolerate

Keeyth
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
That was just me sporting fake tits! Sorry 'bout that!!!!!!!!

Well then you give great head, and your cock looks just like a shaved pussy! :D

arastar
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Been a fan of theirs for a while and yea, some of the new stuff in recent years has been "ok" at best. Their latest album, TRIBE, is actually pretty good. DeGarmo came back and did a few songs and they sound damn good.

I saw them on this JP tour and they do 2 songs off of OM II. So far so good. Could be a real good album.

On another note, I've hung with those guys a bunch over the past few years and they are real cool guys. Great musicians too! Scott Rock is doing some drum customizations for me now. Great stuff!

sammysucks65
08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
cool ARASTAR but i dont agree with the new england patriots avatar....haha

drum customizations sounds cool