PDA

View Full Version : my former spanish teacher got arrested

Ally_Kat
03-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Teacher charged with misconduct
BY HERBERT LOWE

http://www.nynewsday.com/media/photo/2004-03/11847025.jpg

A Queens parochial high school teacher was arraigned Tuesday on charges of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl who was her student, authorities said.

Cheryl Reyna, 32, a Spanish teacher at Martin Luther High School in Maspeth, was arrested on Monday at her Queens home at 60-17 60th Place, authorities said.

"The defendant is accused of taking advantage of her friendship with the victim's family, betraying the innocence of the child and endangering her moral welfare," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

A teacher at the Lutheran parochial school for seven years, Reyna allegedly had sex with her student repeatedly at both of their homes between Aug. 2 and Oct. 7, officials said.

"She's denying all the charges and we're going to fight it," said Reyna's attorney, Richard Leff.

A law-enforcement source said the girl's mother "saw signs" and spoke of her suspicions to the victim's godparents.

"When the godparents confronted the girl, she admitted it," the source said.

Reyna was charged with third-degree criminal sexual act, sexual misconduct, endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree sexual abuse. If convicted, she faces up to four years in prison.

Reyna was freed on $5,000 bail set by Queens Criminal Court Judge Lenore Gerald. Her next court date is March 29.

The high school released a statement saying Reyna has been suspended pending the outcome of the case and that it is cooperating fully with authorities.

"Our prayers for healing go out to the those involved," the statement said.

"There's no good ending here," Leff said. "Even if these charges are thrown out, the woman's been devastated. It's sad for everybody."
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

Ally_Kat
03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
video (http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/manhattan/nyc-wbteach0317,0,2380214.realvideo?coll=nyc-moreny-headlines)

It's funny seeing people you know being interviewed.

Ally_Kat
03-17-2004, 12:06 AM
the one guy in the car is retarded cuz it's a private school and the board of ed has nothing to do with the school's teachers and their hiring/firing.

Panamark
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
So did she make a pass at you, Alley ? :)

Ally_Kat
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
nawh, she didn't like me too much. She set the room up where each row was made of three chairs and you had one side set up towards the windows, and the other side set up to face them. Was great cuz you could make faces at each other from across the room.

The seats set up facing the windows were by her desk and considered the good side. If she gave you a seat on that side she liked you. Even better ws if you got in the three chairs right in front of her desk. those were reserved for her favorites.

If you were put on the other side, the bad side, you weren't like. I was on the bad side.

Had the best time in that class with my two friends. And I still can't speak a word of Spanish.

Cult of Roth
03-18-2004, 01:45 AM
I think she looks sexy, in a Rosanne meets Ted Bundy kinda way...

Sarge's Little Helper
03-18-2004, 01:45 AM

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

Sarge
03-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Cult of Roth

She looks ass ugly!

Eyes of the Night
03-19-2004, 05:56 AM
That IS a trip AK ...

:gulp:

Elitest
03-19-2004, 03:47 PM
remarkable...

Ally_Kat
04-25-2004, 02:24 AM
followup --

She took a plea bargain, is a registered sex offender, and can never teach again.

found that out today at a fundraiser for my school

twonabomber
10-03-2011, 06:49 AM
wow, the bots are not only bumping old threads, they're even choosing custom avatars!

ashstralia
10-03-2011, 06:50 AM
is it really a bot? are they that clever now? crikey

twonabomber
10-03-2011, 07:41 AM
if it's not a bot, then it's a real stupid motherfucker for bumping a 7 year old thread.