PDA

View Full Version : Skid Row

Jahuli
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Anyone like skid row?
anyone have good stories about Skid row?
Favourie skid row song?

sammysucks65
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
ha i like skid row...i remeber you is my favorite song by them

BALLYJUNKIE
08-08-2005, 11:16 PM
youth gone wild .......... is sabastian bach getting back together with them?

Dave's Bitch
08-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
youth gone wild .......... is sabastian bach getting back together with them?

NOPE

I LOVE Skid Row,always have done and probably always will do.Sebastian Bach is a great frontman and has an amazing voice i think (plus he's really hot)

My Fav Skid Row album is there self titled album Skid Row
Fav song is 18 and life by far (then youth gone wild,wasted time,i remember you,sweet little sister and slave to the grind)

Bring Back Bach

Llama
08-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Yeah, i've heard a few of their songs and am starting to like them. I think i'll get one of their albums.

What are there albums called? Which is the best one?

VanJay011379
08-09-2005, 12:21 PM
"Slave to the Grind" was Skid Row's "Fair Warning". Yes, its that good.

Mr. Vengeance
08-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Monkey Business rocked pretty well.

The AIDS T-shirt kind of did them in....

Jesterstar
08-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by VanJay011379

Ummmmmmmmm Yes Skid row was all I listened to as a kid. It's a incredible CD with a good message.

Wasted time is one of the best songs ever.

FasterPussycat
08-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Although i think Bach is little too much of candy ass, I really
love his rendition of Little Wing originally by J/Hendrix(?maybe misspelled)..

Llama
08-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by VanJay011379

Awesome! I'll have to pick it up.

stringfelowhawk
08-11-2005, 02:39 AM
I used to think Sebastian Bach was a real badass then I saw, "I Married..........." on VH1. I was skimmin through I love the 70's and I figured WTF? Did not know he's been with the same chick for 20 years. Still love everything Skid Row did with him and have it all including the hits album but gotta say, the image they had and him being with the same chick kinda cheapens it somehow. I commend him for it to be sure but it just seemed like they were the only band other than Appetite era G-N-R that would fuck you up for disrespecting them. Can't really say that bout Bon Jovi or Autograph....... Even the Crue slowed down there for a while.
And the liner notes on the hits album gives a clue they liked "18 And Life" but didn't expect it to be what it is now. I know people who absolutely hate 80's music but can't help but sing a long when that comes on and it does here daily.
One of my oldest friends in the world had that hit really close to home. I've known these people from the day I took my first step and we literally grew up together. His older sister just graduated and got married to her high school sweetheart. He had a pretty good job and they were doin well, so we all thought. He had a drug habit and a few months after they were married he went to rob a guy to feed his habit. He beat him really bad and the guy ended up dying enrout to the hospital. This was late 1988. He was less than a month from his 19th birthday when his trial started and got 20 to life. His sister can't hear that song even now.
All in all, I think it would be completely unfair to have a list of "greatest vocalists ever" without giving him a mention. Should he be ahead of Mercury, Halford, Daltry, Dickenson, Rogers, or Plant? Probably not but for a guy with pipes that can crack drywall it would be an injustice to not give him a nod or Mike Matjevic for that matter also.

kentuckyklira
08-11-2005, 04:08 AM
My band plays 18 and life as an encore!

Susie Q
08-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I met them during their tour days with Bon Jovi in Syracuse. I partied with Sebastian Bach, Rachel Bolan, and Dave Sabo. I have their autographs tucked away some place. Sebastian Bach looks real hot in person and his voice is like honey. They did a impromptu unplugged in the hotel lobby where I was staying at. Of course, this was quite a long time ago. It was a night I will never forget! :)

ALMOSTsaved
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey Susie! Good to see you again! That's a cool story. I saw them open for Bon Jovi (GF at the time was in love with JBJ) in Biloxi, MS and at that point their debut album was JUST coming out. I bought it immediately and 6 mos later went to Mobile, Alabama to see the Bon Jovi / Skid Row package again...JUST to see Skid Row again. I was on the floor and have some phenomenal pics. Perhaps I'll post a few here later.

I recently bought "Subhuman Race"...I'm NOT quite sold on it yet...

My fave songs on the first 2 albums are:

"Big Guns"
"Piece Of Me"
"18 & Life"
"Rattlesnake Shake"
"Youth Gone Wild"
"Here I Am"
"Makin' A Mess"
"Monkey Business"
"Slave To The Grind"
"Quicksand Jesus"
"Get The Fuck Out"
"In A Darkened Room"
"Riot Act"
"Wasted Time"

The "B-Side Ourselves" covers EP is also quite good! Hope they re-master these albums soon!

Oh shit, I sense my very own "Best of" compilation happening this weekend.

sammysucks65
08-11-2005, 01:41 PM
i own 40 seasons the best of skid row and it is a good collection

good kickass band

i did see vh1s i married...(bach) (plus i saw the sammy hagar one hahah) ...and it surprised me he married only one chick in his life and hes still with her....not normal for your 80s rock band frontman...good for him really

Hoongood
08-13-2005, 10:08 AM
I had Slave to the Grind in my CD player this week.
Bach had the most amazing voice in history for about 2 albums. I haven't heard him lately, but after Slave, it was on the decline.

The three ballads on that album, Quicksand Jesus, In a Darkened Room, and Wasted Time, display some of the most awesome vocals ever!

Great band!

Terry
08-14-2005, 06:30 PM
They weren't too shabby. Kinda always set them somewhat apart from that other crap like Trixter, Warrant....the hair metal shit that was getting heavy airplay in the late 1980s.

Bach could sing, no doubt. Slave To The Grind was a killer track. Can't say I'd give a shit if they reunited with Bach or not; my interest level isn't quite that high. But they had some shit that rocked, no doubt.

BigBadBrian
08-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
My band plays 18 and life as an encore!

I'm surprised it doesn't play "18 and Under"

:D

BigBadBrian
08-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved

"Youth Gone Wild"

Heard that on the radio today.

:killer:

Dave's Bitch
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
They NEVER play stuff like Skid Row on the radio here :(

stringfelowhawk
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Skid Row is played several times a day on several stations in Va Bch. Now, if I could stop them from playing old Creed, and the other shit they substitute for the rest of the hour I'd be just fine.
Heard something funny the other day while I was station surfin. Apparently, on one of the 90. something or other stations someone requested Van Halen and they got "Finish What Ya Started". The guy called into the morning show and and lit them fuckers up. It made my day. He basically bitched out the morning show guys. I don't have that station programmed so I don't know its call letters but its one that says they play, "hits from the 80's, 90's, and today."
He let the morning show guys have it. My favorite quote was, "I requested Van Halen. Van Halen, not Van Hagar. You're the only station in the area that doesn't know the difference and that's why so few listen."

I admit, I cleaned that up. There were a few bleeps. That is pretty much the jist.

Dirty Duck
09-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I really liked Skid Row...used to think that Bas would be the next Dave..i was wrong.

Dave's Bitch
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
bach could have been the next dave

degüello
09-19-2005, 10:11 PM
The band I was in, in Gr. 11, did almost every fucking song off their first album. :D

degüello
09-19-2005, 10:12 PM
(By the time Slave to the Grind came out, we were doing our own stuff.)

degüello
09-19-2005, 10:13 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002IQW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

degüello
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Is that guy standing in line using an early cell phone? (The gigantic, boot-sized fuckers...)

Man, that fucking dates it...

VonHalen
09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
i have the first to records, along with bring em bach alive(solo)
pretty cool stuff

Hollywood Jesus
09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Bach was the best rock singer ever from a pure vocal standpoint. In line with Freddie Mercury, but much cooler.

I go through stretched where I have to listen to a certain CD for months on end. "Slave to the Grind" is that kind of CD. Read some article that said it was the baddest-ass album and "hair" band ever put out.

Got their 2003 release "Thickskin" and although it ain't quite the same, it has the same great Skid Row kick.

VanJay011379
09-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus

Got their 2003 release "Thickskin" and although it ain't quite the same, it has the same great Skid Row kick.

Yeah, Thickskin was ok. You can tell its the same songwriters (Snake/Bolan) but some of the songs are kinda bland. Overall, it was a dissapointment but "See You Around", "Ghost" were cool. They kinda stunk in 2000 opening for Kiss but I've heard better things recently.

Also, Sebastian Bach is great solo live. Saw him twice and would go see him again.

stringfelowhawk
09-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, according to that episode of "I Married........" it was a case of the band hearing about him and sent him the music for the first album. His wife straight up told him, his voice over that music would kick much ass..........

So, THANK YOU Mrs. Bach!

rustoffa
09-21-2005, 10:02 PM
One of the first shows I witnessed when I moved to the big city was Skid Row with Bad Brains in the opener role. It was really fucking loud...Bad Brains just killed, so it kinda stepped SR's effort up a bit probably. Bach was just going crazy....alot of fucking screaming. Really good show cuntplete with a huge pit....I got pretty drunk and twisted the shit out of my ankle....seriously, that's about all I remember.

Romeo Delight
09-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Saw Skid Row open for GNR at the very first show of the Use Your Illusions Tour. Roadtrip to Tacoma...girls I was with were searched "vigerously" by US border dudes.

I was not!! (Thankfully)

Skid Row was killer, Bach screaming like a f-ing banshee

I hated Axl...the most annoying cunt you will ever see onstage. I wanted to beat him with his mikestand. I was first row floor.

Dirty Duck
09-22-2005, 02:20 PM
The only downfall to me was that they were discovered by Bon Jovi..sorry not a fan of those guys. (What's with that HAVE A NICE DAY song?) Anyway...Skid Row was a pretty tight band back in the day. Never got to see them live although Sabastian has played solo here where I live on Long Island at a few bars. They are not getting back together anytime soon. Sab just formed a band called (and yes this is the lamest name for a band) Sabastian Bach and the Five Bachs ? ?

Dave's Bitch
10-01-2005, 08:31 PM
i just downloaded Skid Rows cover's of Crazy Train,C'mone and love me,Children of the Dammed and unchained and they kick ass

Dirty Duck
10-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Dave's bitch...those are some bitchin' songs.. : )

Sabastian (from what I've heard) is a real dick....but since I never met the guy and I don't listen to what anybody tells me...I liked them back in the day. From what I've heard, Bas still has a great set of pipes..

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2006, 05:07 AM
does anybody or does anyone know of anybody who liked "Thick Skin"?

that album sucks ass,i mean its really bad.Sebastian Bach IS Skid Row.how can they do an album without him???.I was so excited about a new Skid Row album. After all, they are only the greatest band of the 90's. However, not having Bach clearly killed this band. It had been what eight years since the last Skid Row release? and frankly they ought to waited eight more. There are no great tracks on this release and Skid Row sounds like a numetal want to be.

truely bad cd

Douglas T.
02-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Maybe Snake and Co. are this years ROCK STAR band! Thick Skin was o.k. but surley weak in vocals!:cool:

Douglas T.
02-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone have video of BAS doing any of the opera shows; Jeckyl & Hyde, Jesus Christ Superstar or rocky Horror?

BruinJer
02-26-2006, 10:27 AM
You know... I didn't like Skid Row at all when they were big (in the early 90's) but over the years they have grown on me. I like their sound... it was loud and Sabatian Bauch is a damn good singer. Good Band!

mako_kimura
02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Let's see, here are my favorite Skid Row songs:

1. Youth Gone Wild
2. Mudkicker
3. 18 and Life

Douglas T.
02-26-2006, 02:25 PM
^Firesign!
Piece o' me!
Quiksand jesus
Into Another
Face Against My soul!
...list goes on ...like VH too many kick ass tunes!

Douglas T.
02-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Midnight Tornado ... the ultimate Halloween song!

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2006, 03:09 PM
i love here i am from the first album.that song has a really good beat to it

Douglas T.
02-26-2006, 06:07 PM
...anyone seen any of the BACH OPERAs? I saw all but Rocky Horror! Went up to NYC three times to see the shows and meet BAS! one time went there with tickets in hand to see Rocky Horror and it was cancelled for a week. FLA to NYC walk up to the hall door with tickets to make sure show is on for that afternoon and the halls closed! $#&%$#@$
Went up to see J&H for our tenth anniversery and had shitty seats. Got a tip that told me to go to the box ofice and see if "house seats" were available and tell my story, came from FLA for Anniversery, and next thing ya know we go from back ROW to secnd row seats reserved for BAS friends etc. He walks out first thing and looks at these seats. As if to see who's in 'em. Hints a smile and starts his gig. GRATE nite! GAVE him an 8X10 I took of him at a show a few weeks earlier in FLA! He LOVES it asks his wife to put it in the limo! AWESOME GUY!

http://members.aol.com/Dougspage/Dougs_World/NICE_TO_MEET_x.html

here's the picture I gave him!
http://hometown.aol.com/dtskynyrd/myhomepage/tunes.html