PDA

View Full Version : Dean ties Madrid bombing to Iraq (and naturally blames Bush)

John Ashcroft
03-17-2004, 01:41 PM
WASHINGTON -- Former Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean said yesterday that President Bush's decision to send troops to Iraq appears to have contributed to the bombing deaths of 201 people in Spain.

A growing international investigation is focusing on Islamic militants possibly linked to Al Qaeda as those responsible for the Madrid train bombings on Thursday.

European intelligence agencies are trying to identify a purported Al Qaeda operative who claimed in a videotape that the group carried out the bombings to punish Spain for backing the US-led war in Iraq.

Dean referred to the videotape when asked whether he was linking US troops in Iraq to the deaths in Spain.

"That was what they said in the tape," Dean said. "They made that connection, I'm simply repeating it."

Dean made the remarks during a conference call with reporters as he was defending his former rival John F. Kerry, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, from a Bush campaign ad. The ad accused Kerry of turning his back on US soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Dean said it is the president who has not supported the troops. He said Bush sent soldiers to Iraq unequipped, misled the country on the reasons for war, and made the United States less safe by focusing on a target that wasn't a threat.

And, he said, "The president was the one who dragged our troops to Iraq, which apparently has been a factor in the death of 200 Spaniards over the weekend."

Dean issued a statement later to The Associated Press that said, "Let me be clear, there is no justification for terrorism. Today I was simply repeating what those who have claimed responsibility for the bombings in Spain said was the reason they carried out that despicable act."

Dean was speaking on a conference call arranged by Kerry's campaign. Campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter reiterated Dean's clarification of his remarks and added,

"It's clear that what happened in Spain is a painful reminder that the war on terror is far from over," said said, "and the nation would be better off if this administration took the time to rebuild our alliances rather than engaging in political attacks."

Link: here (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/bush/articles/2004/03/17/dean_ties_madrid_bombing_to_iraq?mode=PF)

So I guess he's blaming Clinton for 9/11 as well? Remember this little quote from Osama?

Originally spoken by Osama Bin Laden when declaring war on America in 1996
"You have been disgraced by Allah and you withdrew," he wrote. "The extent of your impotence and weaknesses became very clear."

So is Howie now willing to admit that Der Schlickster is responsible for 9/11? Come on peanut gallery, let's hear it.

Cathedral
03-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Is anyone still listening to that guy?
So, i guess it's Bush's fault that the tarrorists are taking the battle to Spain, then Britain, and then their gonna go to Asia, and Egypt. and then their gonna go to Mylasia, and Ireland, and then over to Nigeria and Africa...Yeeeeaahhhhh!!!

FORD
03-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Is anyone still listening to that guy?
So, i guess it's Bush's fault that the tarrorists are taking the battle to Spain, then Britain, and then their gonna go to Asia, and Egypt. and then their gonna go to Mylasia, and Ireland, and then over to Nigeria and Africa...

You forgot the most important part. .....and then they're going to Washington DC to help their bosses son stay in the White House!!! Yeeeeeeeaaarrrrrrrrgh!

FORD
03-17-2004, 04:46 PM
BTW, Dean was right, as usual. And Judas the fucking waffler pussy immediately denied agreeing with Dean's statement :rolleyes:

ELVIS
03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Dean's almost as retarted as you...

VHLINKS IS OKAY
03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Retards, everywhere, offended.

EAST COAST
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
FORD, GIVE YOUR UNDESERVED EGO A BREAK, YOU MINDLESS WORD DROOL SPEWING PUKE. YOU ARE LIKE CANCER YOU DONT GO AWAY. GO GET A JOB, AT LEAST BUSH WANTS TO GIVE EVERYBODY IN YOUR LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOOD A TAX BREAK.

Cathedral
03-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You forgot the most important part. .....and then they're going to Washington DC to help their bosses son stay in the White House!!! Yeeeeeeeaaarrrrrrrrgh!

Bush showed the world that America has the balls to stand up to the element of Terror. that apparently is a foreign concept to the nadless Democrats who would rather appease these criminals and wish for harmony than realise that anything less only makes them stronger.

They don't just want a country of their own, they want the world as their own.

And while you play the "Bush is the NEW Hitler" game, those nut cases are killing innocent people everyday acting more like Hitler, and worse, than anything Bush has ever done.
To me, that just proves 100% that all this talk of conspiracy is nothing but partisan, power grabbing politics.

But even a hurt dog will bite you if you try to help it......