PDA

View Full Version : Mick Jagger to Junior: "You're full of SHIT!"

FORD
08-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Jagger mauls Bush
(Tuesday August 09, 2005 10:14 AM)

The Rolling Stones accuse President George W Bush of being "full of shit" on their new album, it has emerged.

"Sweet Neo Con", one of the tracks on the band's forthcoming LP "A Bigger Bang", is known to be fiercely anti-Bush.

However, the full force of the lyrics and Mick Jagger's disdain for the American leader has now been confirmed, with The Stones singer revealing the lyrics in a new interview.

An extract from "Sweet Neo Con" features the following lines: "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of shit."

Speaking to Newsweek, Jagger explained the background to the track. "It is direct. Keith said (adopting Richards' voice), 'It's not really metaphorical.'

"I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S. But I don't," commented Sir Mick.

"A Bigger Bang" is released on September 5 and is preceded by the single, "Streets Of Love" on August 22. The band begin their forthcoming world tour in Boston on August 21.

link (http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/050809/340/fp7n1.html&e=l_news_dm)

Bob_R
08-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The Rolling Stones accuse President George W Bush of being "full of shit" on their new album

They're right! ** thumbs up **

Keeyth
08-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Right on Mick! Say it like it is.

Mezro
08-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Just when I thought the Stones had nothing left to say...

Mezro...Mick tells the truth through lips not attached to hips...

Guitar Shark
08-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Right on Mick. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
08-09-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.bobdylan.com/images/song_titles/subterranean.jpg
Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten

Maggie comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D. A.
Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't try "No Doz"
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows

Get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Ring bell, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail
Look out kid
You're gonna get hit
But users, cheaters
Six-time losers
Hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool
Lookin' for a new fool
Don't follow leaders
Watch the parkin' meters

Ah get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Look out kid
They keep it all hid

Better jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't wanna be a bum
You better chew gum
The pump don't work
'Cause the vandals took the handles

Copyright © 1965; renewed 1993 Special Rider Music

Steve Savicki
08-09-2005, 02:56 PM
So who's buyin' the album?

Warham
08-09-2005, 03:28 PM
I learned years ago to never digest political statements and beliefs from rich entertainers. 99% of the time, they sound foolish when they speak on politics, such as John Mellencamp saying in 2004 that his 30 year old daughter was going to be drafted if Bush was re-elected.

academic punk
08-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I learned years ago to never digest political beliefs from rich entertainers.

That's not the worst approach to political alignments I've ever heard.

That being said, YOU FUCKIN' GO, MICK!!!!

Nickdfresh
08-09-2005, 04:28 PM
I learned years ago to never digest political statements and beliefs from rich entertainers. 99% of the time, they sound foolish when they speak on politics, such as John Mellencamp saying in 2004 that his 30 year old daughter was going to be drafted if Bush was re-elected.

So what do you think of 'rich entertainers' ANN COULTER and RUSH LIMBAUGH?

Actually, I don't totally disagree though...But I weight it on education of the star and the context/forum they are making the statement in...It's always been art's job to pick at the establishment. Read any SHAKESPEARE and you see that if you compare to the history.

JAGGER is no bar band fool; he was educated at a prestigious UK economics school I believe. And he's not making grandiose statements in the media, he's writing a lyric...

academic punk
08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

JAGGER is no bar band fool; he was educated at a prestigious UK economics school I believe. And he's not making grandiose statements in the media, he's writing a lyric...

The London School of Economics. He's a drop-out.

Back in their day, the Stones were consistently making political statements. heck, even the length of their hair was once a political statement.

But look at "Street Fighting Man", "Gimme Shelter", even "Undercover", "Hang Fire" and "Highwaire", the political musings of a lyricist in action.

4moreyears
08-09-2005, 04:43 PM
The Stones have not put out a good song since 1981 Tatoo You. Who cares what they have to say. Who cares what that fat dyke Rosie has to say. Because you are an entertainer you are smarter than everyone else?

JH

FORD
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
The Stones have not put out a good song since 1981 Tatoo You. Who cares what they have to say. Who cares what that fat dyke Rosie has to say. Because you are an entertainer you are smarter than everyone else?

JH

Obviously you haven't heard the new Stones music. They're about to release their best album in 25 years.

Now on the other hand, you get Charlie Daniels or Ted Nugent out there, neither of whom have had a hit since Carter was in the White House, and all the Busheep bleat in agreement.

Warham
08-09-2005, 04:53 PM
So what do you think of 'rich entertainers' ANN COULTER and RUSH LIMBAUGH?

Actually, I don't totally disagree though...But I weight it on education of the star and the context/forum they are making the statement in...It's always been art's job to pick at the establishment. Read any SHAKESPEARE and you see that if you compare to the history.

Limbaugh's job is politics. I was speaking more about rich musicians like Jagger.

Seriously though, the pre-2004 election issue of Rolling Stone (which sucks) had many laughable statements by big-name stars on political topics like Bush, Kerry and Iraq. Such luminaries like Mellencamp and Blink-182's Tom Delonge were weighing in on the election: 'Don't vote for Bush, because he's one bad dude. Vote for Kerry, man, because he's hip and stuff.'

Guitar Shark
08-09-2005, 07:18 PM
You're right, celebrities should stay away from politics.

Guess this means Schwarzennegger and Charlton Heston should step down from their posts.

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't mean to go off on a rant here But Doesn't it seem like the stones are cashing in on yet another music fad, Bashing Bush, If I hear that fucking B.Y.O.B. song again I will personally tear my radio out of my car and thorw it out the fucking window, My God, whats fucking next a remake of "The Land OIf Cuntfusion" by Coldplay. I think to Qoute Alice Cooper ANYBODY (That Includes Nugent etc) who goes and takes political sides on something like elections is treasonus to Rock And Roll. True Rock And roll Spirit wouldn't take sides, No They would be against all government. Well Of course what are you going to do when you git fucking jackasses over at MTV and Clear Channel running music.

academic punk
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I don't mean to go off on a rant here But Doesn't it seem like the stones are cashing in on yet another music fad, Bashing Bush, If I hear that fucking B.Y.O.B. song again I will personally tear my radio out of my car and thorw it out the fucking window, My God, whats fucking next a remake of "The Land OIf Cuntfusion" by Coldplay. I think to Qoute Alice Cooper ANYBODY (That Includes Nugent etc) who goes and takes political sides on something like elections is treasonus to Rock And Roll. True Rock And roll Spirit wouldn't take sides, No They would be against all government. Well Of course what are you going to do when you git fucking jackasses over at MTV and Clear Channel running music.

Yeah, I guess John Lennon don't know shit about rock 'n' roll (Gimme Some Truth).

I guess The Who can't figure their assholes from their elbows when it comes to rock.

Same goes for the likes of Fugazi, the Stones, Springsteen, Bob Marley, Steve Earle, etc.

I fully support your - or anyone's loathing towards political stances in rock...but come on, Elvis swinging his hips, Chuck Berry getting out there and duckwalking his way into finding a white audience, even Madonna shaking her tits are all political statements and have had MASSIVE effects on youth, racial, and feminist movements.

Now, mind oyu, these things are even better when the artist isn't even aware that they're upsetting the status quo.

But if anyone doesn't need to cash in, it's the Stones. It would be SO much easier on them - and the ease of retaining their current sponsors to NOT do anything of this sort.

Like Springsteen's lyric about anal sex with a prostitute on his recent album - the presence of that song and lyric cost him haivng his album on sale at Starbucks. How easy would it have been for him if he'd listeend to his accountant and said, "Yeah, let's lose that song, we're talking a potential of $300,000 here, to hell with it."

Like Sheryl Crow refusing to remove her lyric criticizing Wal-Mart and losing the potential sales from them.

or Cobain refusing to change the title of the song "Rape Me" to appease Wal-Mart's demands. These are all artists who stuck to their guns and refused to deny their artisitc integrity for a few more dollars.

Oh, wait...what a world...Top 40 maven Sheryl Crow doesn't cave in, but the punk God Cobain does. slap me.

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 09:45 PM
editeted front it a put on

academic punk
08-09-2005, 09:50 PM
editeted front it a put on

uh.......what.......?

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
uh.......what.......?

sorry i didn't feel that the post i made was up to par.

squib
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Mick should go write a song about Tony Blair, too bad we didn't wipe out the Jagger clan in the Revolutionary war.

academic punk
08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
sorry i didn't feel that the post i made was up to par.

uh....and post #18's reinvention of the english language was? ;)

Nickdfresh
08-09-2005, 10:00 PM

You've just called most of the 60's rock acts "treasonous." What a ludicrous statement! Rock and roll is about rebellion, bans that sing only about pussy and parties tend to suck and be boring...

academic punk
08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
bans that sing only about pussy and parties tend to suck and be boring...

Careful. You're more or less talking about Dave here.

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 10:06 PM
i just feel basically there is two types of Rock. 1. Rock Against a Political Canadate, (B.Y.O.B.), And 2. Would be rock against everything (Censorship, etc.) (The Who, The Sex Pistols.), Which I completely in support of. The two I think should never be confused. I don't know, maybe I'm just sick of these Rock Against Bush CD's, They all sound the same, and there all pretty untalented (Excluding Green Day), I'm just sick of it, Sing About Something else other than a fucking PRESIDENT (Including GOP supporting artists.) And get back to being pissed of at everything.

Nickdfresh
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Careful. You're more or less talking about Dave here.

Dave is far more clever at it than most though.

His problem is that holds back...FAIRWARNING could have been a greater album than it was.

academic punk
08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
i just feel basically there is two types of Rock.

According to Sammy Hagar, there is only one way to rock.

The fact that you in your opening sentence already dispute his thesis proves that you're all-fuckin'-right.

Get into Rikk and Natra's and have a drink!

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM

The fact that you in your opening sentence already dispute his thesis proves that you're all-fuckin'-right.

Get into Rikk and Natra's and have a drink!

LMAO AP.

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Ya know my favoirte Politcal song is Dream Police by Cheap Trick, Oh no i just realized W is making a real life Dream Police oh-no

LOL :D, Just Teasin'

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 10:51 PM
who is sammy hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
who is sammy hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

Unchainme
Who is Bette Midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Who is Bette Midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

Unchainme
who is david lee roth?

Sarge's Little Helper
who is david lee roth?

Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

Unchainme
who is sarge?

Unchainme
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
damnit it deosn't work.

ashstralia
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
rock stars should STFU aboot politics!!!!!

that's our job.

heheheh

Big Train
08-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Ultimately, I don't give a fuck how an entertainer thinks or which way he/she thinks the wind blows.

I DO however see the INCREDIBLE irony in the fact that this single is what the Stones are hoping will put them on current rotation at Clear Channel stations (Huge Bush donors FYI..), so that they can make even MORE money selling it back to you at Clear Channel Venues which supply them with the filthy lucre needed to maintain his hypocritical lifestyle. And before anyone goes on a high minded rant about if They COULD play elsewhere, they WOULD. Believe me, they would not, considering the nationwide deals they cut with CC.

My Sweet Neocon indeed...

DLR'sCock
08-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Fuck it, I'll say, Bush and all the henchmen are all mother fuskers that are full of SHITE!!!!!

ashstralia
08-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Ultimately, I don't give a fuck how an entertainer thinks or which way he/she thinks the wind blows.

I DO however see the INCREDIBLE irony in the fact that this single is what the Stones are hoping will put them on current rotation at Clear Channel stations (Huge Bush donors FYI..), so that they can make even MORE money selling it back to you at Clear Channel Venues which supply them with the filthy lucre needed to maintain his hypocritical lifestyle. And before anyone goes on a high minded rant about if They COULD play elsewhere, they WOULD. Believe me, they would not, considering the nationwide deals they cut with CC.

grate point!!!!!!

like muso's who crap on about capitalism,

but still cash the cheques, and drive mercedes.....

Warham
08-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Great point, Big Train.

blueturk
08-10-2005, 07:30 AM
I think to Qoute Alice Cooper ANYBODY (That Includes Nugent etc) who goes and takes political sides on something like elections is treasonus to Rock And Roll. True Rock And roll Spirit wouldn't take sides, No They would be against all government.

Alice Cooper is an adamant supporter of Bush, and his remarks were directed at pro-Kerry musicians. No offense, but you might as well quote Toby Keith, Britney Spears, or the afore-mentioned Ted Nugent.

"If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything! If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything!" —George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

Nickdfresh
08-10-2005, 07:39 AM

The real irony is that clear channelk has fucked up repeatedly and has lost a lot of dough despite their links to the BUSH White House.

And why would JAGGER's lifestyle make him a hypocrite? Only unsocially conscious right-wing cunts are allowed to make money? The two richest men in AMERICA vote Democrat as best I can tell, (BILL GATES & WARREN BUFFET).;)

BigBadBrian
08-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Fuck it, I'll say, Bush and all the henchmen are all mother fuskers that are full of SHITE!!!!!

Cock, have you been hitting the sauce again?

Your spelling is abominable.

Tsk, Tsk.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Warham
08-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Mick Jagger is a motherfusker.

BigBadBrian
08-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Mick Jagger is a motherfusker.

A new term has been born.

I'll drink to that.

Coffee at this time of the morning, though.

:gulp:

Warham
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Mick's just preaching to the choir at this point. Most of the Stone's fan base is over 40. He's not going to win any new liberal converts at this point in the game. Most young kids think the Stones have always been a well-traveled oldies band. Hell, Keith Richards looks like he could have been playing the dulcimer back when Jesus was preaching in Galilee.

thome
08-10-2005, 09:29 AM
The most sell out bs ive ever heard of take a contemporary
controversy write a negative song about it (positive doesn't sell
cd's). Worked for farenheight 911 so the stones lost their Stones.
I see this bs all the time in the Entertainment industry kinda
on the lines of tom cruise talkin all Spacy just before his space
movie jiz is splashed on the silver screen.

Ill pass once again, get yer ya yas out thats a good political
statement.

Whip em out mick put em on the chopping block take a chance!

Micks fightin man days are over.

Ill reserve complete judgement till after the release.

Unchainme
08-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I still think B.Y.O.B. is one of the WORST Rock songs of all time, S.O.A.D. sucks cock.

thome
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
I still think B.Y.O.B. is one of the WORST Rock songs of all time, S.O.A.D. sucks cock.

Too bad the DKs arent around this era.

That was some good times and great music .

Fresh fruit for Rotting Vegetables .

Thats a political statement.

Big Train
08-10-2005, 10:39 AM
The real irony is that clear channelk has fucked up repeatedly and has lost a lot of dough despite their links to the BUSH White House.

And why would JAGGER's lifestyle make him a hypocrite? Only unsocially conscious right-wing cunts are allowed to make money? The two richest men in AMERICA vote Democrat as best I can tell, (BILL GATES & WARREN BUFFET).;)

Oh let's see, the man makes the majority of his wealth off of "neocons". He is really a citizen of no nation, for tax purposes of course, and I'm sure his investments read like a who's who of Neocons. VOTING democrat and living Neocon is being a hypocrite. Do what monkey say, not what monkey do.

Clear Channel can fuck up often, it's a business. I think their White House connections are about to pay off anyway, in this payola bullshit.

academic punk
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Mick's just preaching to the choir at this point. Most of the Stone's fan base is over 40. He's not going to win any new liberal converts at this point in the game. Most young kids think the Stones have always been a well-traveled oldies band. Hell, Keith Richards looks like he could have been playing the dulcimer back when Jesus was preaching in Galilee.

Actually, on the last tour I was surprised by the number of people from multiple generations in attendance.

And the most enthusiastic members of the audience? The teenagers - dancing, singing along, just having a great time. Heck, I only got into them with Keith's first solo album which came out in 1988.

In terms of BT's comments, valid and ironic. But that Jagger would still go out there and say these lyrics makes it all the more impressive.

And he's not criticizing the capitalist system (which is what Clear Channel is about) here: from what i can see with these particular lyrics, he's criticizing the public image and pronouncements of (what is apparently) our president, and how that contradicts what he is actually doing.

Again, the Stones are at a position in their career that they really don't need this kind of publicity: in fact, it can backfire on them enormously. They're taking a chance b/c that is their artisitic "need" at this time.

academic punk
08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh let's see, the man makes the majority of his wealth off of "neocons". He is really a citizen of no nation, for tax purposes of course, and I'm sure his investments read like a who's who of Neocons. VOTING democrat and living Neocon is being a hypocrite. Do what monkey say, not what monkey do.

Clear Channel can fuck up often, it's a business. I think their White House connections are about to pay off anyway, in this payola bullshit.

Again, so why would Jagger say this if it means he can get shut out of having all Stones material played and promoted on CC stations?

Doesn't make sense, BT. Usually we disagree (though, surprisingly, not on CAFTA), but your math is right on. This time I think it's a bit flawed.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Then so are the trailer park flunkies that vote mostly REPUBLICAN, I guess they're hypocrites too since the vast majority of middle class Americans vote against their interests when voting for the current crop of douche bags. 'Neo Con' has nothing to do with wealth, it's about policy...How is it a "conservative, patriotic" ideology to help destroy the US economy by outsourcing jobs to countries like INDIA? Yet many REPUBLICAN's give CHINA, our 'communist adversary', a helping hand every day...

Mick isn't setting government policy to do so, since he obviously doesn't contribute to special interests in order to manipulate gov't policy, hence, the market to his industry's interest...He sells tickets to those who want them.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually, on the last tour I was surprised by the number of people from multiple generations in attendance.

And the most enthusiastic members of the audience? The teenagers - dancing, singing along, just having a great time. Heck, I only got into them with Keith's first solo album which came out in 1988.

In terms of BT's comments, valid and ironic. But that Jagger would still go out there and say these lyrics makes it all the more impressive.

And he's not criticizing the capitalist system (which is what Clear Channel is about) here: from what i can see with these particular lyrics, he's criticizing the public image and pronouncements of (what is apparently) our president, and how that contradicts what he is actually doing.

Again, the Stones are at a position in their career that they really don't need this kind of publicity: in fact, it can backfire on them enormously. They're taking a chance b/c that is their artisitic "need" at this time.

Exactly, JAGGER's comments are political, not economic, hence, BT's comments are bullshit...If MICK is criticizing something that's in his best interest, then he's NOT A HYPOCRITE...

Warham
08-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Didn't Clinton get a donation from the Chinese during his election campaign? I don't remember him being a Republican.

Sammy Roy Hagar
08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

Hey, man, don't blame me.

The truth is in the music and the people out there, the redheads, the true Van Hagar fans, know it.

And aint that the truth.

I met Bette Midler a few times. She's a wild woman, lemmie tell ya!

She certianly knows that there's only one way to rock!

Quit the animosity towards me and just rock out bro.

Check out the Wabos on tour!

:)

Sammy Roy Hagar
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM

Thank you, my brother!

Its fans like you that make me go out there and give 110% every night.

Its my job to give you your money's worth.

See ya in Cabo!

Warham
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Alias

Nickdfresh
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Didn't Clinton get a donation from the Chinese during his election campaign? I don't remember him being a Republican.

Well, then you'd know about SAUDI oil money then...

DLR'sCock
08-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Cock, have you been hitting the sauce again?

Your spelling is abominable.

Tsk, Tsk.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I sauce it up when I can, I do, and I like it!!!!!!:fucku2: :gulp: :gulp:

academic punk
08-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I sauce it up when I can, I do, and I like it!!!!!!:fucku2: :gulp: :gulp:

I like it, like it, yes I do!

4moreyears
08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Obviously you haven't heard the new Stones music. They're about to release their best album in 25 years.

Now on the other hand, you get Charlie Daniels or Ted Nugent out there, neither of whom have had a hit since Carter was in the White House, and all the Busheep bleat in agreement.

I do not like either of those guys as artists. At least Ted gets educated unlike many liberal celebrities who just jump on some bandwagon. I don't think anyone should listen to Ted though just because he could play a guitar 25 years ago.

JH

thome
08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Roy Hagar
Thank you, my brother!

Its fans like you that make me go out there and give 110% every night.

Its my job to give you your money's worth.

See ya in Cabo!

If your scale is based on 10s if your baseing 100% as top its
immpossible to give 110% alone you would have to be two people.

So if your giving 110% your 10 scale must be 1000 as top so
you are Ripping off your fans of... 890%... of what they are supposed to
get from you Sir Giver .

Sounds about rite you RIP OFF ......SHUT UP!!!!!

Nickdfresh
08-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I do not like either of those guys as artists. At least Ted gets educated unlike many liberal celebrities who just jump on some bandwagon. I don't think anyone should listen to Ted though just because he could play a guitar 25 years ago.

JH

TED's educated huh? What's his level of education?

academic punk
08-10-2005, 10:36 PM

I myself - for fear of what response this question would elicit - chose to let this one slide....

thome
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Teds a pussy hound Rock Star and acomplished guitar master who
loves Freedom and is Free to speak his mind on any subject he
chooses.The Pervert!

Big Train
08-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Jagger Says Song Not an Anti-Bush Tirade

The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 10, 2005; 6:24 PM

NEW YORK -- The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release Sept. 6. There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston Aug. 21.

My Sweet Neocon indeed...someone at CC must have tipped him off to what the facts are in the game. HA HA...

Unchainme
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM

On how to play guitar biacth, i'm kidding http://imdb.com/name/nm0637823/bio

I love the guy, I even sorta agree with the guy politically, But Please Ted stick to playing STRANGLEHOLD (Kickass Song, Very underrated.) and hunting NO POLITICS. Auctually it seems like Ted and Dave kinda sound similiar If you think about it (Mentally, Although The Nuge is FAR more insane than Dave. at least Dave doesn't kill stuff lol), Both remind me a little of the other. You gotta love the guy, Didn't he tour with CVH from like 78-80?

Big Train
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Again, so why would Jagger say this if it means he can get shut out of having all Stones material played and promoted on CC stations?

Doesn't make sense, BT. Usually we disagree (though, surprisingly, not on CAFTA), but your math is right on. This time I think it's a bit flawed.

The math is on here Punk. Think about it. Radio isn't likely to make it a #1 single, Clear Channel or not. It has been 2 decades since they had a legit "new" hit. It ain't going to happen this time either (#29 this week on the New Rock Chart). However, you know and I know, controversy sells. Whether or not they play it, the controversy has given them millions of dollars of free advertising for the new album and song. People like Ford who agree with the sentiments are likely to buy it, or steal it, whatever their preference may be. But either way it generates a lot of free press and gives them a few more bumps up the radio ladder at least momentarily (the last few records, most of the stations dropped it after 3 weeks, ala Up for Breakfast).

academic punk
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM

My Sweet Neocon indeed...someone at CC must have tipped him off to what the facts are in the game. HA HA...

BT - go back earlier in the thread...I'd be interested in hearing your reaction (somewhere on the second page I responded to yr comments).

And I imagine all these interviews were done at the same time/on the same day...Jagger has enough $$$ he doesn't need to answer or explain himself to anyone...

thome
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Jagger Says Song Not an Anti-Bush Tirade

The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 10, 2005; 6:24 PM

NEW YORK -- The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release Sept. 6. There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston Aug. 21.

My Sweet Neocon indeed...someone at CC must have tipped him off to what the facts are in the game. HA HA... He must have read my post the puss.

academic punk
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
The math is on here Punk. Think about it. Radio isn't likely to make it a #1 single, Clear Channel or not. It has been 2 decades since they had a legit "new" hit. It ain't going to happen this time either (#29 this week on the New Rock Chart). However, you know and I know, controversy sells. Whether or not they play it, the controversy has given them millions of dollars of free advertising for the new album and song. People like Ford who agree with the sentiments are likely to buy it, or steal it, whatever their preference may be. But either way it generates a lot of free press and gives them a few more bumps up the radio ladder at least momentarily (the last few records, most of the stations dropped it after 3 weeks, ala Up for Breakfast).

Eek! Ask and ye shall receive indeed!

I see your point, and had already consiered it...but this is the kind of controversy that DOESN'T sell: it erodes sales.

The Stones get sufficient publicity just for releasing a new album and from sponsors. Thisis the sort of thing - and Jagger is WELL aware of this - that can jeaporidize some sponsorships. (the same happneed on the Voodoo tour when Keith called Sprint cell phones - the tour's sponsor - "shit".)

If the Stojes want controversy, they could have just written a song about the pleasures of anal sex. And in the first place, they're in a position where they can simply coats: the album only sells a bit, it's the tour that generates their income.

Big Train
08-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Then so are the trailer park flunkies that vote mostly REPUBLICAN, I guess they're hypocrites too since the vast majority of middle class Americans vote against their interests when voting for the current crop of douche bags. 'Neo Con' has nothing to do with wealth, it's about policy...How is it a "conservative, patriotic" ideology to help destroy the US economy by outsourcing jobs to countries like INDIA? Yet many REPUBLICAN's give CHINA, our 'communist adversary', a helping hand every day...

Mick isn't setting government policy to do so, since he obviously doesn't contribute to special interests in order to manipulate gov't policy, hence, the market to his industry's interest...He sells tickets to those who want them.

In your opinion they vote against their interests.

Let me ask you Nick, do you KNOW the guy? Do you know who he hangs out with and what he is vested in? He hangs out with a lot of so-called "Neo Cons'" and they watch his money. The companies he is invested in I'm sure qualify as "working against american interests".

Neocon IS about wealth. Policy IS about wealth, who has and who has not.

Big Train
08-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Eek! Ask and ye shall receive indeed!

I see your point, and had already consiered it...but this is the kind of controversy that DOESN'T sell: it erodes sales.

The Stones get sufficient publicity just for releasing a new album and from sponsors. Thisis the sort of thing - and Jagger is WELL aware of this - that can jeaporidize some sponsorships. (the same happneed on the Voodoo tour when Keith called Sprint cell phones - the tour's sponsor - "shit".)

If the Stojes want controversy, they could have just written a song about the pleasures of anal sex. And in the first place, they're in a position where they can simply coats: the album only sells a bit, it's the tour that generates their income.

Its a calculated risk and one they are willing to take. I'm sure it will give them some spike. Remember, the story on this album is about "artistic integrity" and a "return to form". That is the PR story and what they hope will sell more albums. To some people, controversy = integrity.

They know the tour is gonna do well, it is on autopilot and not their focus, but it is all about getting their album numbers up to keep getting their huge guaranteed advances. As I work in the business, the rumblings I'm hearing from the label is that they all want it to do much bigger numbers than the last one. Both sides need a "hit" album, on a superstar level. Gotta keep your status up.

blueturk
08-10-2005, 11:06 PM

Your flock is calling, BT.

"This is an impressive crowd - the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites; I call you my base."

George W. Bush at a New York campaign speech - October 19, 2000

academic punk
08-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Its a calculated risk and one they are willing to take. I'm sure it will give them some spike. Remember, the story on this album is about "artistic integrity" and a "return to form". That is the PR story and what they hope will sell more albums. To some people, controversy = integrity.

They know the tour is gonna do well, it is on autopilot and not their focus, but it is all about getting their album numbers up to keep getting their huge guaranteed advances. As I work in the business, the rumblings I'm hearing from the label is that they all want it to do much bigger numbers than the last one. Both sides need a "hit" album, on a superstar level. Gotta keep your status up.

"to keep getting huge advances"?

I've alwasy figured that this is the last, as Charlie is sure to retire now...he's over 65! (and at the Stones workrate, the next one wouldn't be out till Mick anbd keith are both in their 70's!)

Besides, just on the strength of potential box sets and collections, the Stones could generate contracts with huge advances.

But look at say Steve Earle or the Dixie Chicks: their songs and public statemtns re: the curretn administration have HURT their commercial potential and alienated HUGE parts of what had and could have been potenital audience. Mick is far too savvy for ANYTHIG not to have been a "calculated risk", but, really they could've even gone after Tony Blair and it would've been a "safer" gamble.

Nickdfresh
08-11-2005, 07:57 AM
In your opinion they vote against their interests.

Let me ask you Nick, do you KNOW the guy? Do you know who he hangs out with and what he is vested in? He hangs out with a lot of so-called "Neo Cons'" and they watch his money. The companies he is invested in I'm sure qualify as "working against american interests".

I don't know them anymore than you do. And as far as JAGGER, he doesn't vote here at all...But WARREN BUFFETT made several comments essentially saying BUSH was bad for the economy in the long run and that his policies were unsustainable (i.e. massive deficit spending).

No...no it's not. You fundamentally misunderstand the whole belief system of LEO STRAUSS, the worlds first NEOCON....It's about establishing a new American identity, and maybe making a lot of money doing it. But is seems to have morphed into making a quick buck and self-destructing in the long term.

Big Train
08-11-2005, 10:53 PM
"to keep getting huge advances"?

I've alwasy figured that this is the last, as Charlie is sure to retire now...he's over 65! (and at the Stones workrate, the next one wouldn't be out till Mick anbd keith are both in their 70's!)

Besides, just on the strength of potential box sets and collections, the Stones could generate contracts with huge advances.

But look at say Steve Earle or the Dixie Chicks: their songs and public statemtns re: the curretn administration have HURT their commercial potential and alienated HUGE parts of what had and could have been potenital audience. Mick is far too savvy for ANYTHIG not to have been a "calculated risk", but, really they could've even gone after Tony Blair and it would've been a "safer" gamble.

Your right, Mick IS far to savvy. Look at all the heat on this album now, that otherwise would have just been "the new Stones Album". As far as advances go, it is about having the OPTION to continue getting them. At their age, when it is over, it is over. Ask Neil Young, his next contract will be a fraction of his current one, just because he doesn't put up the numbers anymore.

The way they played it last week and then played coy this week tell you all you need to know. They did it for the publicity, got it and now want us to all let it slide.

Warham
08-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Mick's downplaying it now, saying it really isn't an attack on Bush, just policies.

academic punk
08-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm not so sure....it was publicity on a very small scale...not really worth the potential backlash.

And it turns out one of the tour sponsors IS a major contributor to the RNC. The article was in the Post today, and just as a side mention to the fact that the company is currently under investigation. I'll google it in the morning...

Big Train
08-11-2005, 11:03 PM
On a SMALL scale? It's been all over print/news media for the last 2-3 days, taking up serious priority real estate. How is that small?

And for further proof, check the Drude Report right now. Neocon Governator will be in a box @ Fenway Aug 21st. with a box full of Neocon donors, who paid several thousand dollars apiece for the tix (given by the Americorp/quest, the sponsor), with proceeds going to the RNC....HA HA HA HA

My sweet neocon indeed.

Warham
08-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Mick's just trying to get FORD to buy several copies to give to his liberal friends as Christmas gifts.

FORD
08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Mick's just trying to get FORD to buy several copies to give to his liberal friends as Christmas gifts.

Mick knows that I'll buy a Rolling Stones album the day it is released, even if I haven't heard ANY of the songs on it.

The fact that the songs (so far) on this one are so good is just a big plus. And lyrics against neocons and the BCE make it even better :cool:

diamondD
08-12-2005, 08:12 AM
For the last couple of morning, Brian Kilmeade on Fox and Friends keeps harping over and over about how it's anti-Bush and anti-American, even tho he doesn't offer any specifics on what exactly is anti-American about it. He keeps implying it is and gets emails supporting his position. He even contacted the NFL and they told him they are keeping them. I'm sure they aren't going to get political during the broadcasts before football.

They had one guy asking why we needed British artists at an American event, but then he couldn't answer why Paul McCartney was ok to have at the Superbowl.

The Stones have had controversial songs their whole career. Under My Thumb, Some Girls, Brown Sugar, Mother's Little Helper, and even the tepid High Wire. The NFL knew who they were getting and Kilmeade's trying to create something out of nothing. They need to take him off and put my girl Kiran Chetry in his spot full time.

academic punk
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Besides, the larger question here is should the New York Times not report on anything regarding oil b/c they accept ad dollars from BP and Volvo?

Should you have to think that everything that Warner Bros records does is wonderful (or at least turn a blind eye towards policies oyu strenuously disagree with) b/c they employ you?

The publicity the Stones have gotten out of this...I don't know, they get just as much just for existing. Really. And again, they can generate a pseudo controversy much easier without potentially alienating 50,000,000 Americans and losing retail space at Wal-Mart or FYE or whatever (and that DOES happen: look at Sheryl Crow or Prince).

Besides, the lyrics so far DO sound tongue-in-cheek, and for all we know it's an ersatz punk tune or a pardoy country tune. And as Mick himself said in response to Jesse Jackson calling for Some Girls for being banned b/c it featured the lyric "Black girls just wanna get fucked all night/I don't have that much jam!"

"Hey, fuck 'im if he can't take a joke"

Big Train
08-12-2005, 10:41 AM

Should you have to think that everything that Warner Bros records does is wonderful (or at least turn a blind eye towards policies oyu strenuously disagree with) b/c they employ you?

The publicity the Stones have gotten out of this...I don't know, they get just as much just for existing. Really. And again, they can generate a pseudo controversy much easier without potentially alienating 50,000,000 Americans and losing retail space at Wal-Mart or FYE or whatever (and that DOES happen: look at Sheryl Crow or Prince).

Besides, the lyrics so far DO sound tongue-in-cheek, and for all we know it's an ersatz punk tune or a pardoy country tune. And as Mick himself said in response to Jesse Jackson calling for Some Girls for being banned b/c it featured the lyric "Black girls just wanna get fucked all night/I don't have that much jam!"

All I'm saying is that I think it was a coy stunt they thought they could pull off and honestly, it is working brilliantly. Nobody is THAT outraged over an opinion and everyone seems to be rolling with it, although certain forms of media are obsessed with it.

Thank WB thing made me spit up my coffee, thank you for brightening my day. It has been some time since I have done anything with WB and watching them fall apart as I have, I think it could be a long time before I do, if ever.

FORD
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
For the last couple of morning, Brian Kilmeade on Fox and Friends keeps harping over and over about how it's anti-Bush and anti-American, even tho he doesn't offer any specifics on what exactly is anti-American about it. He keeps implying it is and gets emails supporting his position. He even contacted the NFL and they told him they are keeping them. I'm sure they aren't going to get political during the broadcasts before football.

They had one guy asking why we needed British artists at an American event, but then he couldn't answer why Paul McCartney was ok to have at the Superbowl.

The Stones have had controversial songs their whole career. Under My Thumb, Some Girls, Brown Sugar, Mother's Little Helper, and even the tepid High Wire. The NFL knew who they were getting and Kilmeade's trying to create something out of nothing. They need to take him off and put my girl Kiran Chetry in his spot full time.

Kilmeade is a fucking moron. I mean just look at this fucker........
http://www.foxnews.com/images/99403/353_23_350_kilmeade_brian.jpg
.....does this face say "I need a major fucking ass kicking" or what?

This fuckwad is so goddamned dumb he makes Hannity look like fucking Einstein by comparison.

And the only reason he gave Paul McCartney a pass was because of that useless "Freedom" song, no doubt.

academic punk
08-12-2005, 11:23 AM
All I'm saying is that I think it was a coy stunt they thought they could pull off and honestly, it is working brilliantly. Nobody is THAT outraged over an opinion and everyone seems to be rolling with it, although certain forms of media are obsessed with it.

Thank WB thing made me spit up my coffee, thank you for brightening my day. It has been some time since I have done anything with WB and watching them fall apart as I have, I think it could be a long time before I do, if ever.

I agree, it is certainly a coy stunt, but that doesn't mean it's not heartfelt. But all of your points have been valid - just a different perspective.

What the fuck did happen with WB??? Anything you'd like to divulge? They really once were an artist (and A&R) label...Van Dyke Parks, Randy Newman (produced by Waronker!), so many great artists who maybe didn't sell so well, but always had good music...then suddenly it all fell apart and now they're just another shitty corporate label.

Was it how radio has changed? how marketing has? shareholders making too much stink? what the hey?

Nickdfresh
08-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I agree, it is certainly a coy stunt, but that doesn't mean it's not heartfelt. But all of your points have been valid - just a different perspective.

What the fuck did happen with WB??? Anything you'd like to divulge? They really once were an artist (and A&R) label...Van Dyke Parks, Randy Newman (produced by Waronker!), so many great artists who maybe didn't sell so well, but always had good music...then suddenly it all fell apart and now they're just another shitty corporate label.

Was it how radio has changed? how marketing has? shareholders making too much stink? what the hey?

And would it kill WB to pry open ED's vault and release some good live VAN HALEN for a change?

diamondD
08-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Kilmeade is a fucking moron. I mean just look at this fucker........
http://www.foxnews.com/images/99403/353_23_350_kilmeade_brian.jpg
.....does this face say "I need a major fucking ass kicking" or what?

This fuckwad is so goddamned dumb he makes Hannity look like fucking Einstein by comparison.

And the only reason he gave Paul McCartney a pass was because of that useless "Freedom" song, no doubt.

They need to get rid of all the main ones they have and just give Kiran a 3 hour show every morning. :D

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/kiranchetry/January+2005/01-17-2005.jpg?bcSJN_CBynDqOMEh

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/kiranchetry/January+2005/5555555555555.jpg?bcSJN_CBtBksakL9

FORD
08-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
They need to get rid of all the main ones they have and just give Kiran a 3 hour show every morning. :D

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/kiranchetry/January+2005/01-17-2005.jpg?bcSJN_CBynDqOMEh

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/kiranchetry/January+2005/5555555555555.jpg?bcSJN_CBtBksakL9

If they did that I might actually watch FAUX ;)

Nickdfresh
08-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Oooof!

Guitar Shark
08-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Linkies no workies... :(

FORD
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Linkies no workies... :(

Which linkies is that? :confused:

academic punk
08-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Which linkies is that? :confused:

The one to the video of the guy in Seattle who died from a perforated colon b/c he was getting fucked in the ass by a horse, of course.

What the fuck is wrong with you people in the NorthWest? Christ, you're screwed up.

academic punk
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't believe me?

Perhaps you'll trust your very own Stranger then...

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/archives/2005/07/10-16.php

Nickdfresh
08-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm sure JESTERSTAR has the video, he likes horse cock!

academic punk
08-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm sure JESTERSTAR has the video, he likes horse cock!

You'd think so, but do you really think he's adept enough at navigating the net to find that?

JesterStar...HE'S GOT HIS HEAD UP HIS ASS...AND A HUNGER FOR THE COCK!!!

Big Train
08-12-2005, 10:39 PM

Long and short of it, in the case of WB, was TW. TW installed a guy named Bob Morgado in the early 90's who was a suit, in the true sense, who had no concept of the music business works (which is to say, there is no conventional business you can compare it to). Morgado understood nothing and basically broke up the Yankees, alienating or firing all the music guys who brought you all the music you just mentioned and nurtured the younger exec talent. He replaced them with suits, meaningless research and endless amounts of lawyers, ending all the fun and creativity. Which of course made WB the useless garbage it has been the last few years. They are trying to float it now, but on the basis of anything other than the catalogue, junk. A great book on it is Exploding, by Stan Coryn.

Ironically, all the guys they fired went to MCA, which became Universal, the largest by a wide margin (and gaining marketshare everyday).

academic punk
08-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Long and short of it, in the case of WB, was TW. TW installed a guy named Bob Morgado in the early 90's who was a suit, in the true sense, who had no concept of the music business works (which is to say, there is no conventional business you can compare it to). Morgado understood nothing and basically broke up the Yankees, alienating or firing all the music guys who brought you all the music you just mentioned and nurtured the younger exec talent. He replaced them with suits, meaningless research and endless amounts of lawyers, ending all the fun and creativity. Which of course made WB the useless garbage it has been the last few years. They are trying to float it now, but on the basis of anything other than the catalogue, junk. A great book on it is Exploding, by Stan Coryn.

Ironically, all the guys they fired went to MCA, which became Universal, the largest by a wide margin (and gaining marketshare everyday).

Yeah, what was once the Musicians Cemetary of America is suddenly really looking good...just give it a face lift and a new name!

I thumbed through Exploding when it first came out...is it good? It seemed like a whole bunch of personal anecdotes more so than anything else, but again, that was just a cursory glance.

I recently read about 4/5ths of the Jake Schlicter book...who also had a recent op-ed in the Times re: Spitzer and payola. Good read, better than average writing from a musician, though nothing terribly revelatory. he strikes me as too nice a guy to actually say anything out loud.

Big Train
08-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I highly recommend it. There are certainly lots of anecdotes, but he is very funny and it is all within the context of what was happening. His perspective really illustrates how things changed from an exec point of view from the 50's (When he was writing liner notes for Sinatra) to the mid-90's when the music stopped sort to speak.

The payola issue is such a non-issue it is funny. But not so, when you consider how many will burn at the stake so Spitz can become gov.

academic punk
08-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I highly recommend it. There are certainly lots of anecdotes, but he is very funny and it is all within the context of what was happening. His perspective really illustrates how things changed from an exec point of view from the 50's (When he was writing liner notes for Sinatra) to the mid-90's when the music stopped sort to speak.

The payola issue is such a non-issue it is funny. But not so, when you consider how many will burn at the stake so Spitz can become gov.

The payola thing IS interesting, b/c it's ultimately not really going to change a fucking thing. A whole lot of window dressing, with a whole lot of people getting burned for doing industry standard practices.

BUt ultimately that money that the record companies pay the independent promoters winds up being paid out of the musicians royalties, so it's complex.

Did you read Slichter's Op-Ed on the matter?

I was impressd that it was actually a pretty sophisticated piece of writing. Worth a read, and I'd be interested in hearing your reaction towards it.

Oh, one quote I do remember from Exploding is from Diamond Dave himself: "Rock'n'Roll has more to do with shoes you're wearing guitars." And I think there was a mention that Dave was so confident that VH would succeed that when he went to the WB offices to sign their first contract, he abandoned his car and left it behind for good.

academic punk
08-13-2005, 01:03 PM
BT -

I just printed Schlicter's Op-Ed piece in a new thread in the House of Music...take a glance if you have a minute...