PDA

View Full Version : Bush refuses to rule out force against Iran

BigBadBrian
08-12-2005, 04:18 PM
JERUSALEM (AFP) - US President George W. Bush refused to rule out the use of force against Iran over the Islamic Republic's resumption of nuclear activities, in an interview aired on Israeli television.

When asked if the use of force was an alternative to faltering diplomatic efforts, Bush said: "All options are on the table."

"The use of force is the last option for any president. You know we have used force in the recent past to secure our country," he said in a clear reference to Iraq, which the United States invaded in March 2003.

"I have been willing to do so as a last resort in order to secure the country and provide the opportunity for people to live in free societies," he added.

Bush was speaking from his ranch in Crawford, Texas to a reporter from Israeli public television. The Jewish state has accused Iran of seeking to acquire nuclear weapons and believes it is the prime target of the alleged arms programme.

The international community was waiting for Tehran's response after urging the Iranian government to halt its uranium conversion activities, which it resumed on Monday.

Bush expressed doubts that the European Union (EU) initiative to defuse the crisis through diplomatic means would succeed.

"The Iranians refused to comply with the demands of the free world which is: do not, in any way shape or form, have a program that could lead to a nuclear weapon," he said.

"In this particular instance the EU three -- Britain, France and Germany -- have taken the lead in helping to send the message, a unified message to the Iranians," Bush said.

The International Atomic Energy Agency on Thursday in Vienna passed a EU resolution expressing "serious concern" at Iran's resumption of uranium conversion activities, and set a September 3 date for an IAEA report on Iran's compliance.

"In all these instances we want diplomacy to work and so we are working feverishly on the diplomatic route and, you know, we will see if we are successful or not. As you know I'm skeptical," he said.

Bush's interview to Israeli television was a step up from his previous warning to Iran Thursday.

"If Iran doesn't take the steps described in the resolution, we would expect that the next step would be referral to the Security Council," he had said.

Israel has been prodding Washington to adopt a tough stance on Iran and charged that Iran resumed its uranium conversion activities because it had sensed the "weakness" of the international community.

"Iran made this decision because they are getting the impression that the United States and the Europeans are spineless," a senior official from Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office told AFP Tuesday.

Israel itself is believed to be the only nuclear power in the Middle East. Although it has never admitted to having nuclear weapons, it is believed to possess an arsenal of about 200 warheads.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050812/pl_afp/irannuclearusisrael_050812181507)

FORD
08-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Fuck those Likud pieces of shit. Let them fight their own goddamned wars.

Nickdfresh
08-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Has IRAN ruled out use of force against US troops in IRAQ?

Warham
08-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I say we give Iran a demonstration of just what a nuclear warhead is capable of, in case they aren't aware already.

:D

Redballjets88
08-12-2005, 06:34 PM
its time to evacuate the entire middle east except for the radical terroists and then drop a bomb.

jk but it would work

Guitar Shark
08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
That last point was quite an indictment of the Dallas school system.

FORD
08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
its time to evacuate the entire state of texas except for the radical terroist in crawford and red balls, then drop a bomb.

jk but it would work

FORD
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
That last point was quite an indictment of the Dallas school system.

Remember where "No Child Left Behind" started ;)

Unchainme
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Nukes!!!

Use 'em.

JK

FORD
08-12-2005, 08:06 PM
When did nuclear annihilation became a joking matter? :confused:

academic punk
08-12-2005, 08:09 PM
With Reagan, silly, remember?

Unchainme
08-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
When did nuclear annihilation became a joking matter? :confused:

"I have signed Legislation that Will Outlaw Russia Forever, The Bombing will begin in 5 minute."

Nickdfresh
08-12-2005, 09:44 PM
If we attack IRAN, I guarantee that US troops will suffer a massive increase in casualties as the IRANIANs arm the insurgents and send IRG special ops over to "advise" them.

And I am NOT joking...

academic punk
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
If we attack IRAN, I guarantee that US troops will suffer a massive increase in casualties as the IRANIANs arm the insurgents and send IRG special ops over to "advise" them.

And I am NOT joking...

Nick, how could you say such blasphemy?

Have you no faith in Rumsfeld and the administration's ability to plan out their battles thoroughly and extensively?

besides, the Iranians wil give us a HERO'S WELCOME....ROSES LINING THE STREETS AND EVERYTHING!!!

FORD
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
"I have signed Legislation that Will Outlaw Russia Forever, The Bombing will begin in 5 minute."

I didn't find that one very funny either. Reagan had a warped sense of humor. But at least he had one unlike that unfeeling zombie bitch in the White House now.

Unchainme
08-12-2005, 10:08 PM
gotta love ronnie, Well of course unless your FORD. Anyone else feel that Reagans and Bush administration are very similiar? (Protestors, Econonmy, War, etc.)?

FORD
08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
gotta love ronnie, Well of course unless your FORD. Anyone else feel that Reagans and Bush administration are very similiar? (Protestors, Econonmy, War, etc.)?

You forgot "Presidents who were complete puppets of the BCE machine". But at least Reagan could ACT the part. And speak English. I actually would take him back, even as a rotting corpse, over Junior.

blueturk
08-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
Nick, how could you say such blasphemy?

Have you no faith in Rumsfeld and the administration's ability to plan out their battles thoroughly and extensively?

besides, the Iranians wil give us a HERO'S WELCOME....ROSES LINING THE STREETS AND EVERYTHING!!!

And the Mission will be Accomplished in 7 weeks time!

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind." - George W. Bush, Feb. 7, 2004

kentuckyklira
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Donīt forget,

the Iranian army isnīt like the Iraqi army. Iran hasnīt been crippled by sanctions for over a decade. Iranīs anti aircraft defense hasnīt been a regular target for over a decade. Iran is full of Russian military advisors. Iran might already have nuclear weapons. Iran certainly has wmds, even if they arenīt nuclear. Iranīs population is about 5 times as large as Iraqīs, which means about 5 times as many resistance fighters.

Plus, the US invading other countries just for the hell of it would certainly lead to China finally helping itself to Taiwan.

Nickdfresh
08-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Donīt forget,

the Iranian army isnīt like the Iraqi army. Iran hasnīt been crippled by sanctions for over a decade. Iranīs anti aircraft defense hasnīt been a regular target for over a decade. Iran is full of Russian military advisors. Iran might already have nuclear weapons. Iran certainly has wmds, even if they arenīt nuclear. Iranīs population is about 5 times as large as Iraqīs, which means about 5 times as many resistance fighters.

Plus, the US invading other countries just for the hell of it would certainly lead to China finally helping itself to Taiwan.

Very true. In fact, we trained many of the senior IRANIAN command in the 70's. They know USAF and USN tactics...That's why they were smart enough not to turn on their radars when we began probing them with UAV's.

Warham
08-13-2005, 05:27 PM
They don't know all our secrets.

LoungeMachine
08-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Warham
They don't know all our secrets.

That's how low you've put the bar now?

They don't know all our secrets???

Well they sure know a hell of a lot more now thanks to the Neo-Con "curveball" Chalabi who gouged us for 300K a month while feeding us BULLSHIT and sending secrets to Iran.

Well done Warpig. You should be proud.:rolleyes:

fucking dumbass...."they dont know all our secrets"

you're un fucking believable

Unchainme
08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Well done Warpig.

HEY!!, Thats a Sabbath song :D