PDA

View Full Version : CAN SOMEONE PLEASE NAME ONE SONG WITH roy THAT SOUNDS LIKE VH

jcook11
08-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Respect the wind not included.

FUCK YOU roy!:hagar3: :hagar3: :hagar3: :hagar3: :hagar3:

DavidLeeNatra
08-13-2005, 04:03 AM
the instrumentals...

Unchainme
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
I always thought Poundcake was there bet impression of trying to do a VH song, It kinda sounds like a Song Dave would sing if he was with the band in 1991, except now with extremely cheesey lyrics,

Matt White
08-13-2005, 10:15 PM
NONE!!!:mad:

Not one of those BULLSHIT power Ballads sound like THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!

MAX
08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I know this is shaky ground but I feel there are a few songs that could have been epic had Dave been there. Otherwise, they are just mediocre "songs" with semi-decent guitar riffs.

For instance, "Summer Nights" was a fully completed song with Dave and it was called "Eat Thy Neighbor" and that's why Van Hagar used that song as their "go" point cos it was already done when the Round Rocker drove into 5150.

Honestly and as a guitar player I dig the riffage on Black and Blue, AFU, 5150, Cabo Wabo and BOBW. The songs suck dick but had Dave had a hand in them they would have been EPIC Halen tunes. IMO.

Rikk
08-14-2005, 01:43 AM
HUMANS BEING...sounds like the reunion songs from '96. I think it's actually a pretty good tune if I close my eyes and forget that it's Hagar.

DavidLeeNatra
08-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
HUMANS BEING...sounds like the reunion songs from '96. I think it's actually a pretty good tune if I close my eyes and forget that it's Hagar.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine on...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine ooooohoooon... :uck:

Big Fat Sammy
08-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rikk

If you really wanna get down to that song...dig one of the bootlegs from the VHIII tour w/ the other guy singing...much better!

Big Troubles
08-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Humans Being
Poundcake
Summer Nights
Its About Time
Black & Blue

what did I win?

DavidLeeNatra
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Humans Being
Poundcake
Summer Nights
Its About Time
Black & Blue

what did I win?

the sheep of the week award?

tjvhou812
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
the instrumentals...

you got a point their

DlocRoth
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
5150 does sound like it coulda been a Dave tune...

WOAHYEAH
08-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Eat Thy Neighbour.

Daz' it.

bigc
08-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I like the music behind Judgement Day

but to jump to the next trainwreck, I think Dave woulda made a stellar tune outta "Without You"

academic punk
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
It's sort of like asking if Ray Manzarrek had collaborated with Morrissey, would they have come up with Doors tunes...

Meaning, I think several of them could have. The thing is, the way Dave approaches fronting the band and organizing a melody is the complete opposite to sammy's approach.

Take Good Enough, for instance: No way would Dave have encouraged Al to use the drum pattern he did. Too stupid and "thud thud thud". Dave would have pursued an alternate arrangement and come up with a result that may have bore similarities, but were distinctly different.

In terms of melody and lyrics, Sam tends to be much more conventional and predictable (the only times he isn't is when his stupidity exceeds even what you thought he was capable of). Dave twisted things around, both melodically and lyrically.

So Ed could have easily presented many Hagar tunes to Dave: but the end results would have been significantly different.

ben halen
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Humans Being
Poundcake
Summer Nights
Its About Time
Black & Blue

what did I win?

I have to agree with It's About Time.
Ed's tone and riffs remind me of CVH more than any other Van Hagar crap.

I really think Dave's lyrics and swagger could have not only saved this one, but actually made it a great song.

zeronumber
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
What big troubles sad...That and Amsterdam.

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 10:44 PM
There's not a single second of VanHagar that sounds like Van Halen...Fuck eveyrthing done after Dave and VH split.

zeronumber
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
If you really wanna get down to that song...dig one of the bootlegs from the VHIII tour w/ the other guy singing...much better!

I searched the bootleg forums up and down...and I didn't find shit from this aussie tour.

Big Fat Sammy
08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
I searched the bootleg forums up and down...and I didn't find shit from this aussie tour.

Search here

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/forumindex.php

TONS of stuff to download :)