PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX

Soul Reaper
08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
at the risk of sounding like a video game freak...

they are my favourite video games especially Final Fantasy IX.

they're not very final are they?! there's been about 13 of them.

opinions on this serious ( ;) ) matter?!

Soul Reaper
08-14-2005, 02:10 PM
i should of just named this thread 'Final Fantasy'

Coyote
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I like 'em. Not the very first ones, mind you.

bueno bob
08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Frankly, I'm not a fan. I HATE RPG's that lead you around by the nose from encounter to encounter, plot twist to plot twist, and there's nothing you can do about it.

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the FF series (say, VII through X or so), but I'm more of a fan of open-ended RPG's that are non-linear with the storyline...Wild Arms (PS1) was a good one, as were the Elder Scrolls for PC (I'm STILL playing Morrowind and eagerly anticipating Oblivion).

Dr. Love
08-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I prefer the very first ones... FF, FFII and FFIII (to some extent), even a bit of FF VII. The problem with the later games (IMO) is that they sacrificed story and gameplay for graphics.

You plannin' on watching the FFVII movie that comes out next month or something?

Dr. Love
08-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
(I'm STILL playing Morrowind and eagerly anticipating Oblivion).

I've tried a few times to get into Morrowind... just haven't been able to do it for some reason. I'll give it another go I guess.

Anonymous
08-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Frankly, I'm not a fan. I HATE RPG's that lead you around by the nose from encounter to encounter, plot twist to plot twist, and there's nothing you can do about it.

That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the FF series (say, VII through X or so), but I'm more of a fan of open-ended RPG's that are non-linear with the storyline...Wild Arms (PS1) was a good one, as were the Elder Scrolls for PC (I'm STILL playing Morrowind and eagerly anticipating Oblivion).

Have you played Baldur's Gate? In my opinion the BEST RPG ever. quite open-ended... even more than the GTA series.

Cheers! :bottle:

Dr. Love
08-14-2005, 02:40 PM
BG was okay, as was NWN... the only problem for me was they were so damned long and every talked too damn much.

Coyote
08-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I prefer the very first ones... FF, FFII and FFIII (to some extent), even a bit of FF VII. The problem with the later games (IMO) is that they sacrificed story and gameplay for graphics.

You plannin' on watching the FFVII movie that comes out next month or something?

There's another movie?

Dr. Love
08-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah

bueno bob
08-14-2005, 02:49 PM
So far I've clocked in at 65 hours in Morrowind (THIS time around) and I'm not even half-way started with the whole "Become the Nevererine" quest yet.

The bigger it is, the more time I can waste with it, the more I like it, honestly...for $50, I want my money's worth, not a game I'm going to win in 2 hours and never play again...

bueno bob
08-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Yeah

Based on the whole "Cloud"/FFVII storyline?

That might be interesting, it was a good story...

Soul Reaper
08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
It's called Final Fantasy: Advent Children

There's so much involved in FFIX. I love the storyline. I still haven't completed it (I got it two years ago). The reason being is, that I deleted the game accidentally when I was on the last section.

I'm going to start it again for the third time now!

Great game!

Dave's Bitch
08-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
at the risk of sounding like a video game freak...

they are my favourite video games especially Final Fantasy IX.

they're not very final are they?! there's been about 13 of them.

opinions on this serious ( ;) ) matter?!

dunno if anyone has said this yet because i cant be botherd reading all the posts but there called final fantasy because in each game the world is going to end in some way or another,i think thats why anyway

my fav is 10 btw because that was the first one i played

smaz
08-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Final Fantasy VII was fantastic. It's my favourite one outta the series. VIII was ok, lacked side-plots and quests, you couldn't venture off from the main story line, or do something different to the plot. IX I borrowed from a friend, and completed. Was ok, nothing brilliant. X had great graphics... but the game played itself. Far too many cutscenes. X-2 I played once for half an hour. Not played it since. However, I love the series :D

Baldurs Gate 2 is great, there's so much variety in it, too much to do. I remeber once I got quite far in one go, but couln't save it because it said I was in a battle, which I wasn't. I played for hours, then died, and couldn't be bothered to start again.

You may like Guild Wars, the latest Mass Multi-Player Online RPG. It's online only, but you create a character, party with other people and play through quests. A little boring after a while I thought though.....

Soul Reaper
08-15-2005, 07:37 AM
well, I'm not taking anything away from FFVII (definitely not) but I just like IX more.

Dr. Love
08-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by smaz
You may like Guild Wars, the latest Mass Multi-Player Online RPG. It's online only, but you create a character, party with other people and play through quests. A little boring after a while I thought though.....

I play Eve Online (http://www.eve-online.com/) which is an online massive multiplayer game (space based). Very cool, but only for the patient.

It's very capitalistic, too. :D

Last_Child
08-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Diablo II is the only fucking RPG that Counts!

I don't have Final Fantasy (i don't have a playstation either), but I watched it to some of my friends...

Fuck, It looked boring.