PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Osbourne Is Looking For A New Guitarist

Hardrock69
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Ozzy Osbourne is looking for a guitar player to write his next studio album with. All interested parties should send a package showcasing their guitar skills to:

Ozzy Osbourne Guitar Player
P.O. Box 5249
Beverly Hills, CA 90209

SNIPER
08-17-2005, 10:48 AM
What about bass players?

Hardrock69
08-17-2005, 11:08 AM
What about em?

VanJay011379
08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Ozzy without Zakk = Washed up old man.

DLR_EngineRoom
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Ozzy Osbourne is looking for a guitar player to write his next studio album with. All interested parties should send a package showcasing their guitar skills to:

Ozzy Osbourne Guitar Player
P.O. Box 5249
Beverly Hills, CA 90209

Anyone know what happened to Zakk?

Matt White
08-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Maybe he's too busy with BLS...or too drunk!!!

Hardrock69
08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
All of the above?

LoungeMachine
08-17-2005, 03:08 PM
ZW is plenty busy [duh]

Oz is done. His voice is shot.

You're witnessing the death rattle w/ BS

Golden AWe
08-17-2005, 03:11 PM
i could sing for ozzy's band...

LoungeMachine
08-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
i could sing for ozzy's band...

You'd sell out Funland, no doubt;)

Shaun Ponsonby
08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
He should do what Badguy suggested-he should use ROY Z once the new Halford album is finished.

Phantom Blue
08-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Is this a joke, or its for real tha O.O is looking for a guitar player?
Anyone?

Hardrock69
08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
No it is for real I got this off of Blabbermouth.net

BrownSound1
08-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Ozzy is done, stick a fork in him. From what I'm hearing Iron Maiden is making mence meat out of Black Sabbath.

LoungeMachine
08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Ozzy is done, stick a fork in him. From what I'm hearing Iron Maiden is making mence meat out of Black Sabbath.

White River was a joke.

He IS done.

Mence meat?

Isn't that what JizzySTOOL is hungry for???;) Men's meat

zeronumber
08-18-2005, 02:02 AM
What ever happened with Jerry Cantrell being the new guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne? Or was that just for the 4 disc box set?

Hardrock69
08-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Hell, Iron Maiden would make mincemeat out of damn near any band on Earth these days.

Now THERE is a successful band, when they can still tour, draw large crowds, and all without the benefit of the lame, faggot, cocksucking Program Directed radio stations playing any of their stuff....

Ozzy needs to give it up.

The last 2 times I saw Black Sabbath (1999, 2004) I was very impressed.

He did very well vocally.

But he never had a durable voice, and most times I saw him solo in the 80s and early 90s he sounded like shit.

zeronumber
08-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I think Dio should get back with Black sabbath.
Seriously, who wouldn't want to here some Heaven and Hell tracks?
As well as Ozzy's solo songs..

If Black sabbath makes new material with Oz...fine..
But otherwise, he's just limiting his set list for nostolgic values.

Soul Reaper
08-18-2005, 07:23 AM
in an interview recently, Ozzy said that Buckethead was a very good choice, but then said 'but he's too weird'.

Buckethead too weird for Ozzy!!!

bueno bob
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
In related news, this from Zakk Wylde's management...

"Despite the "help wanted" ad posted at OZZY OSBOURNE's official website which states he's looking for a guitar player, ZAKK WYLDE's management told Billboard.com today that "Zakk will play with Ozzy until they are both in the grave." A spokesperson for Osbourne wouldn't reveal whether Ozzy's in need of a lead or rhythm guitarist.

As previously reported, those looking for a guitar gig with Ozzy can send a package showcasing their guitar skills to: Ozzy Osbourne Guitar Player, P.O. Box 5249, Beverly Hills, CA 90209."

bueno bob
08-18-2005, 11:37 AM
As far as Ronnie Dio rehitting the Sabbath gig, I couldn't possibly agree more. So much material could still be done with Ronnie at the helm...I could see AT LEAST another 2 good albums worth of studio material out of Ronnie, Tony, Geezer and Vinny (probably wouldn't be Bill, if Ozzy's gone, Bill's gone too, no doubt...and I wouldn't put it past Geezer to bolt, either, but fuck the both of them for all I care).

Ronnie and Tony just work WELL together. Period. Furthermore, Ronnie's got a voice left, which is, of course, an advantage in a lead singer.

Moreover, Ronnie's expressed interest in working with Tony again, be it a Sabbath deal or some kind of side project.

Based on how crappy Glenn Hughs is on Tony's newest solo album, and yet how outstanding Tony Iommi still is as a guitarist, I think the time is right and would LOVE to see it.

I don't even give a shit anymore, I'll say it - Ronnie and Tony were BORN to work together. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer were fucking brilliant albums, three of the best that Ronnie or Tony ever recorded with any lineup.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

I don't even give a shit anymore, I'll say it - Ronnie and Tony were BORN to work together. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer were fucking brilliant albums, three of the best that Ronnie or Tony ever recorded with any lineup.

A-MEN

bueno bob
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
A-MEN

And a whole fucking heapload of Larg in your direction, my friend :D

Hardrock69
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
BLACK SABBATH frontman Ozzy Osbourne announced earlier in the week that he is searching for a guitar player to collaborate with on his next solo album.

Even though he's made records with guitar legends including Tony Iommi, the late Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, and Zakk Wylde, Osbourne told Launch Radio Networks that he doesn't go looking for the flashiest player he can find. "When I audition guitar players, I go, 'I don't want to know how fast you can play, I don't want to know if you can stand on your head and play it through your butt, or whatever $B!=(B just give me a riff that'll make a kid want to go out and buy a guitar,'" Ozzy said. "Simple, but effective $B!=(B how (much) more simple can you get than (the KINKS song) 'You Really Got Me'? Just go (sings opening guitar part)."

No time frame has been announced for Osbourne to make a new album, and there's conflicting information about when it might happen. An official statement says that Osbourne and his wife and manager Sharon are either planning a BLACK SABBATH tour of Canada for early 2006, while the British tabloid The Sun quotes Sharon as saying the couple is getting ready for a two-year break from the music business, during which they'll spend some time in New Zealand.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
And a whole fucking heapload of Larg in your direction, my friend :D

Thankyou.

Please, help yourself to one of my chairs.

hankster
05-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't get it, I think that Zakk owes Ozzy his career, hell BLS wasn't even a forethought back in the 80s does anyone remember Pride & Glory, wow I do and it was different. I think that Zakk and Ozzy are together until the end, and BLS' new album Skullage rocks!

Seshmeister
05-22-2009, 06:49 PM
The advert should read.

Ozzy Osbourne is looking for a guitar player to write his next studio album for him. Please note that if you happen to write anything good it will be stolen by Gastric Band Witch Limited.

lesfunk
05-22-2009, 07:00 PM
I read half this thread before I realized it was from fucking 2005:pullinghair:

Seshmeister
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I never noticed at all. :)

Not that it makes a lot of difference...

FORD
05-22-2009, 07:46 PM

One of the serial necroposters. At least this one doesn't post gay things about how Ozzy's hair looks.

degüello
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM

Shit, me too. :D

ELVIS
05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Ozzy without Zakk = Washed up old man.

Zakk is washed up with or without Ozzy...

Hellraiser!!
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Me too....funny thing, after all Ozzy released that crap album called "Black Rain" with Zakk Wylde playing with him!!!

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Zakk is washed up with or without Ozzy...

True dat.

There was a rumour recently that Sharon was going to call Jake E. Lee to return and record a new album with Oz.

I'd say that's BS, but it would be interesting to see if anything comes out of it.

yah
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
It would be a good opp for Jake to team up with Ozzy again, I would go see that live.
Ozzy needs some rejuvinating though....

indeedido
05-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd love to see him with Jake E. Lee again too. That guy rocks

katie
05-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Ozzy is a spent force,

He knows it, we know it.