PDA

View Full Version : Young Man Marries Own Grandmother

Sarge
03-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Young Man Marries Own Grandmother
Fri Mar 19, 7:27 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Kamil Zaheer

PANCHPARA, India (Reuters) - A 25-year-old Indian man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

"I felt she needed extra care as she is old. I can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson," Narayan Biswas told Reuters.

"As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is "happy" with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 100 miles west of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

"I helped bring him up with my own hands and now he looks after me. He is a good husband and ensures I get my meals on time," said Premodas Biswas, a red vermilion streak on her forehead, the mark of a married Hindu woman.

Local officials say marrying a blood relation is illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, but they have no plans to take action against the couple.

"There has been no complaint against them and they are living as husband and wife after a temple ceremony. Their own family has accepted them so we have no plans to act as of now," Dilip Das, a local government official, told Reuters.

Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=4&u=/nm/20040319/od_nm/oddindia_marriage_dc

Sarge
03-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

What the fuck!

FreMustacheRide
03-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Now that's a fucked up family. Why did he have to marry her in order to take care of her.

alexpgrimes
03-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Damn I read the headline and thought it took place down south...lol

MAX
03-19-2004, 11:44 PM
wayne L. and his new bride!

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_movie/usa/haroldmaude_2.JPG

Unfortunately the camera didn't catch the rope with old PBR and Keystone cans tied behind it as they rode off into wedded bliss on the old road.

alexpgrimes
03-20-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm sure the honeymoon was very awkward...lol

Dave IS VH
03-20-2004, 03:12 AM
I don't even want to think what goes on in the hosue hold.

I got 2 words to say about this one

Jerry Springer!!!!!!!!!!

MAX
03-20-2004, 03:17 AM
wayneL. loves prunes, dried apricots and raisin teets. What a sick fucker!!!

MAX
03-20-2004, 03:18 AM
No wonder he worships Spam's old balls. He has a fetish for dead wrinkled up old shit.

Dave IS VH
03-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
I don't even want to think what goes on in the hosue hold.

I got 2 words to say about this one

Jerry Springer!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I meant to say house hold!!!!

My spelling really sucks.

Igosplut
03-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX
wayne L. and his new bride!

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_movie/usa/haroldmaude_2.JPG

Harold and Maude was a great movie.......

DLR7884
03-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Fucking crazy Indians!

DLR7884
They are a wacky flock of fucking people!