PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Kills Teen During Senior Photo Shoot

BigBadBrian
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Tiger Kills Teen During Senior Photo Shoot
Aug 18 5:29 PM US/Eastern

MOUND VALLEY, Kan.

A Bengal tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for her senior high school pictures at an animal sanctuary Thursday in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff's office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A news release said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for a photo with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal attacked her.

Officers and handlers killed the animal. Emergency personnel were not able to revive Hilderbrand.

LINK (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/18/D8C2FRJ02.html)

Nitro Express
08-18-2005, 08:01 PM
You would think people would learn from that Sigfried and Roy attack but no, that only happens to expert trainers with years of experience. High school chicks on the other hand, should be safe.

Dave's Bitch
08-18-2005, 08:18 PM
OMG thats bad

fryingdutchman
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Now THAT is fucked up!

What a shame.

Do you think they got any quality photos of the attack?

I'll take (1) 8 X 10, (3) 5 X 7, and (30) wallet size.

frets5150
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
One reason if she was having her period maybe that's why he attaked AND NO I'M NOT JOKIN I read where a playboy model was going to pose with a tiger and the first question they asked the girl are you menstuating." .Apparently the tiger get's exited by the scent and attacks.
But then again it could have just been just a plaine attack. But i bet she was menstuating.

fryingdutchman
08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
In all seriousness, though...

When will people learn that wild animals will always have an element of "wild" in them?

Domesticated my ass....

rustoffa
08-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
In all seriousness, though...

When will people learn that wild animals will always have an element of "wild" in them?

Domesticated my ass....

You're right.

I mean, it's risky business doing fucking raccoon rescue. Bottle feed that fucker for so long, sooner or later you'll be screaming in pain. Bobcats? I found a a little one once, the little fucker was dehydrated as shit and trying to hide....making noises like a baby crying. This is special because that's about all you ever experience is that baby screaming shit in the middle of the night while you're trying to sleep. Anyway, I contacted the DNR, and gained some valuable insight on how to go about rehabing the thing. "Just let us take it, it's you're choice....sooner or later it'll start acting wild and bite the shit out of you."

I took my chances and it eventually got wilder than a motherfucker...I started off with this enfamil formula...that sonofabitch didn't need fucking weening. The first red flag was some neighbors' cat I found...disemboweled and headless. I buried that fucking thing FAST. The little fucker was crazy...he was all jacked up....his back legs were considerably longer than the front, and he just fucking bounced and leaped and shit.

Point being, it was a WILD animal....a SMALL wild animal that would unleash hell for no reason.

Bengal fucking tigers are predatory HUNTERS by trade. They wait til firewood gathering dipshits fall asleep in their boats, then swim out and have a snack.

"Obladee-Oblada!...thee tiger took him and swam away!"

Too bad for the kid....somebody should feed the fucking handler to his own ticking time bomb.

Here's a generalized summary:

Bengal tigers are huge motherfuckers....leave them alone. Siberian ones are a little smaller.

ashstralia
08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
even a little 10lb housecat can do real damage if it's pissed off enough.

blonddgirl777
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Every creatures should stay where they belong... in their natural environment!
Too bad but, it's nature's way to say" "Don't fuck with me, I ain't your's to use and abuse"...

Seshmeister
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Domesticated my ass....

Not a good phrase to use in certain places...:)

Baby's On Fire
08-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Why the fuck did they kill the tiger? That makes me sick.

Like when a surfer gets eaten by a shark, they go kill all the fucking sharks!

I'm rooting for the sharks. Don't wanna get eaten, don't go in their environment.

Humans are FUCKED.

Dan
08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia

Tell me about it,My Cat gets crazy sometimes and boy he will fuck you up.

Dan Vs The Cat cage match,pay per veiw.

Baby's On Fire
08-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I vote for the cat. Go kitty!!

Ever try putting a cat IN the bag? Try it and you'll see what I mean..............

BenJammin
08-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia

No shit....

An ex of mine had 3 cats, anyway she tried to put one in a cage once (key word='once') to take to the vet, damn cat goes berserk and rips my girlfriends blouse to shreds!

I'm talking a good quality, cotton (almost linen tough) shirt/blouse. This thing looked like you ran it thru a paper shredder!

Declawing is not a bad thing in my book.

blonddgirl777
08-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Why the fuck did they kill the tiger? That makes me sick.

Like when a surfer gets eaten by a shark, they go kill all the fucking sharks!

I'm rooting for the sharks. Don't wanna get eaten, don't go in their environment.

Humans are FUCKED.

Agreed 200%... I always vote for the animal anyway!

blonddgirl777
08-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by BenJammin
No shit....

An ex of mine had 3 cats, anyway she tried to put one in a cage once (key word='once') to take to the vet, damn cat goes berserk and rips my girlfriends blouse to shreds!

I'm talking a good quality, cotton (almost linen tough) shirt/blouse. This thing looked like you ran it thru a paper shredder!

Declawing is not a bad thing in my book.

My cat got scared once and scratched my forearms to the point where it was infected and burned like hell...
I WAS against declawing before but I had to do it... to protect my own skin!
I feel bad but being a house cat, she doesn't really need them claws...

Now she bites but I don't mind.

Hardrock69
08-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I had a friend back in Kansas. Fine looking chick.

Somehow she started going out with this guy who was the Tiger & Lion trainer for a circus.

One day she was a little too close to the tiger cage as she was cleaning up around it. It reached out and grabbed her arm, and mangled it so bad it had to be amputated above the elbow.

I read something in the paper about it, but the name did not register until I saw her a few months later, and she was minus her forearm.

The lady who owned my present house used to have a Dachsund. She would let it roam around the property unsupervised (hey, how far is one of those litlle fuckers gonna roam, eh?).

So anyway she heard this big commotion and ran outside. A bobcat had killed it. Her husband came out with the rifle and BOOM!
Dead bobcat.

That is what happens when you live out in the stix....

And that is what happens when you get to close to an 800-pound tiger...

ashstralia
08-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
My cat got scared once and scratched my forearms to the point where it was infected and burned like hell...
I WAS against declawing before but I had to do it... to protect my own skin!
I feel bad but being a house cat, she doesn't really need them claws...

Now she bites but I don't mind.

i see your point, blondie & ben...

i had a similar thing happen to me.

we just moved house, and a car was coming up the drive,

i grabbed miss puss puss, and she freaked and went claw deep. (she didn't see me coming)

i had intra antibiotics for 3 days. just a survival thing for them, though.

de-clawing is illegal here, but done under a general anasthetic

on a purely indoors cat, i don't see the problem.

ashstralia
08-19-2005, 01:49 AM
that's pretty crazy, hr69!!!

rustoffa
08-19-2005, 02:33 AM
FINALLY!

Stimulating discussion regarding wild critters.....

You wanna really throw a monkey wrench in it?

One word: RABIES.

There's a fine line between love and hate, and it's not unlike the one between territorial and RABID.

I say this because I've experienced the scentsation.

Last early spring, there was this FOX that tended to terrorize me while I tried to walk my dog/dogs @ 5-o-clock in the morning. Just fucking coughing noises. The little fucker was stealthy...it'd cough over there, then appear over yonder (lightning quick).

I knew all too well how FOXES only made asses of themselves when cubs were present. The rest of the year, they hide in piles of leaves and shit. So I write it off like it's a momma.

BIG MISTAKE.

So I'm like eating fucking berry's and shit after I put the dogs up one morning...fucking gentle ben mode. Right as I was opening the door to my truck, this RABID FUCKING FOX ATTACKED ME!

I was like, WTF? why is a large cat clawing @ my carpenter jeans? That's about when it tried to sever my ACHILLES TENDON!

Everything was moving so fast....it was a blur. I beat the thing to a pulp with an axehandle from the gun rack in my truck and went about my day. When I got home later on, the dipshit next door had called the cops, who in turn called the DNR, who in turn informed me I had to get RABIES SHOTS!

Big fucking 22 gauge needles to the gut...a series over 3 weeks.

So I was @ the hospital, and some fat whore nurse is like, "lockjaw's no fun, be thankful." The little woman goes, "how long do the symptoms last?"

Hardrock69
08-19-2005, 03:09 AM
I have seen 2 foxes here over the past 2 years. And theoretically the coyote population in Tennessee is growing.

Dan
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
I vote for the cat. Go kitty!!

Ever try putting a cat IN the bag? Try it and you'll see what I mean..............

He's One mean cat,but he's a Grate Cat.

Soul Reaper
08-20-2005, 06:43 AM
i suppose people are stupid enough to pose with a tiger