PDA

View Full Version : What song(s) most reminds you of the '70's?

DLR_EngineRoom
08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Not necessarily any specific type of music....

Funny how in the 70's there wasn't 'Pop' music...

Just Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Easy Listening, Country and Disco....

Jazz and Classical are always there thru the ages....

Jérôme Frenchise
08-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes, there WAS pop music back then. But maybe it was just a little more presentable than that of today.:cool:

Alex Mogilny
08-18-2005, 10:23 PM
songs that were released in the 70s remind me of the 70s

i remember vividly riding to the beach with my mother and her cranking 'baracuda' on the radio...i can almost smell the surf when i hear that song

fret_buzz_blues
08-19-2005, 01:28 AM
^Yeah...kinda what he said in that first sentence. Obvioulsy, I wasn't there, but the way my dad describes it all so vividly to me...it seems like I saw those days. I don't know, I'd have to say like, songs by Fleetwood Mac...

DLR_EngineRoom
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Yes, there WAS pop music back then. But maybe it was just a little more presentable than that of today.:cool:

Beg ta differ with yuz, buddy... provide me with ANY example you can think of...and I'll show you how it belongs to a more specific brand of music - more notable 'disco' or 'easy listening'......

Unchainme
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Beg ta differ with yuz, buddy... provide me with ANY example you can think of...and I'll show you how it belongs to a more specific brand of music - more notable 'disco' or 'easy listening'......

captain and teneal, ABBA, Tony Orlando. Just to name a few.

DLR_EngineRoom
08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
captain and teneal, ABBA, Tony Orlando. Just to name a few.

OK....I stand corrected....thank you.....any others?

DlocRoth
08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Afternoon Delight!

ROFL

VonHalen
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
edgar winter- free ride

DLR_EngineRoom
08-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I just created a 75 song 70's only CD - without any disco of course.

Hey, have you ever noticed that the 'Kings Of Disco' - Bee Gees both started AND ended off as a rock n roll band?!

lol it goes to show you - it took a rock n roll band to master a flash in the pan craze like disco.

The Guinness World Book Of Records award to 'Rock n Roll band with the most successful disco phase' goes to the Bee Gees...

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 02:31 PM
BTW One of The Best eras music has got to be 1976-1980, You had KISS, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Fleetwood Mac, Zeppelin, The Who, Floyd, Ted Nugent, The Cars, Reo Speedwagon, Journey (Please Forgive me But I auctually do like some of journeys stuff.), Queen And The3 MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!, God It must have kicked ass to go to Concerts back then. FM Rock radio must have kicked ass back then too.

blueturk
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
My parents listened to Top 40 AM stations when I was a kid in Savannah. I remember hearing "Venus" by Shocking Blue at the beach and thinking it was the greatest song I'd ever heard.

Big Fat Sammy
08-21-2005, 05:20 PM
OK....I stand corrected....thank you.....any others?

Elton John. :) Olivia Newton John :)

"Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers has '70s all over it.

Mr. Vengeance
08-21-2005, 05:26 PM
BTW One of The Best eras music has got to be 1976-1980, You had KISS, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Fleetwood Mac, Zeppelin, The Who, Floyd, Ted Nugent, The Cars, Reo Speedwagon, Journey (Please Forgive me But I auctually do like some of journeys stuff.), Queen And The3 MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!, God It must have kicked ass to go to Concerts back then. FM Rock radio must have kicked ass back then too.

The 70's were the best when it came to rock and roll radio! Even bands that didn't get airplay like the mighty Ramones, started in the 70s..

One song that always makes me think of being young kid in the 70s is Wings "Band on the Run".

Warham
08-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Hotel California. It oozes 70's from it's every pore.

MAX
08-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Fuck, I LOVE 70's music!!!

All kinds, fuckin' disco and everything.

diamondsgirl
08-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Creedence :cool:

diamondsgirl
08-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Fuck, I LOVE 70's music!!!

All kinds, fuckin' disco and everything.

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? was #1 on Feb. 10, 1979!! :D

Cato
08-21-2005, 08:02 PM
any Partridge Family songs remind me of the 70's...

franksters
08-21-2005, 08:08 PM
any disco song is the ultimate for me!

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

lmao...

I was driving yesterday and it came on. I shoulda called someone so they could have heard me shakin' my booty (along with the chickens) in the car. :)

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 08:11 PM

I Love that song, Come think of I auctually kind of like Disco, At least in a lot of the songs they Auctually played their own music, Unlike today's Hip-Pop.

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 08:13 PM
For Me Real Music (Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, RN' B, Alternative) Began in 1967 and ended In 1997.

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:14 PM
I auctually kind of like Disco

I fucking love disco. There's a station heeya that has a "STUDIO 54" weekend with non-stop disco. I heard shit like "Brickhouse" by The Commodores today and it was awesome. I totally get down whilst driving.

"Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now..."

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I fucking love disco. There's a station heeya that has a "STUDIO 54" weekend with non-stop disco. I heard shit like "Brickhouse" by The Commodores today and it was awesome. I totally get down whilst driving.

"Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now..."

The Disco era in the 70s has always Fasicinated me For some reason, Especially Studio 54 just because of all the celebs I've heard that went there Including the Diamond One Himself (Though He got turned Down from going there after the First World Tour.)

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:39 PM
My Dad has told me stories about Studio 54. He said it was fucking insane in the mid 70's.

I wanna have a Club Maximus/Studio 54 night at Natra's. :)

http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/disco_profiles/saturday_night_fever/images/tony_manero_animated.gif

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MAX
My Dad has told me stories about Studio 54. He said it was fucking insane in the mid 70's.

http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/disco_profiles/saturday_night_fever/images/tony_manero_animated.gif

Did He meet any celebrities?

diamondsgirl
08-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by MAX
lmao...

I was driving yesterday and it came on. I shoulda called someone so they could have heard me shakin' my booty (along with the chickens) in the car. :)

if someone can hear you shakin' your booty...you got too much junk in your trunk :D

lol @ the chickens.

Farmer Joe taken the chickens for a ride :cool:

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Did He meet any celebrities?

You know, I've never really asked him about that? The only celeb that I ever gave a shit about that he met was Dave when he scored an autographed EEAS album for me in 1986. :cool:

I'll have to ask him cos he used to travel to Manhattan a shitload when I was a kid.

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
if someone can hear you shakin' your booty...you got too much junk in your trunk :D

lol @ the chickens.

Farmer Joe taken the chickens for a ride :cool:

Hahahaha!!!

Why are you so mean? :p

diamondsgirl
08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by MAX

I wanna see YOU in that white suit!

That suit is YOU!...

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:47 PM
That suit is YOU!...

Come on DG, give me a break... ;) lol.

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 08:47 PM
That suit is YOU!...

You'll Get Some Leg Tonight For sure
Tell Us How You Do!!!!

Rikk
08-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MAX

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=557272

MAX
08-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Fuck Rikk,

I had completely forgotten about that pic. Besides, that "maid" is actually supposed to be Imapus Sylicker and not me.

Rikk
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I had completely forgotten about that pic. Besides, that "maid" is actually supposed to be Imapus Sylicker and not me.

Gee, I'm sorry.

rustoffa
08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
For me, basically anything on top-40 radio @ the time. The disco stuff, Billy Joel, Abba, etc.

I remember riding somewhere in the back of a station wagon and hearing Bohemian Rhapsody....couldn't quite figure that out @ the time....

Definetely Frampton. You couldn't walk ten feet without tripping over a copy of that live record.

Stuff like Hot Chocolate, Wild Cherry, Nick Gilder...some of the one-hitter's were grate.

The old Don Kirshner show...that's about when the hard rock got my attention. I had the Kiss records and remember staying up to see 'em on that deal.

The next week Cheap Trick was the feature....after seeing that show, I forgot about Kiss for awhile.

Whoo-wee, I'm fucking OLD!

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The old Don Kirshner show...that's about when the hard rock got my attention. I had the Kiss records and remember staying up to see 'em on that deal.

The next week Cheap Trick was the feature....after seeing that show, I forgot about Kiss for awhile.

Did you discover Van Halen on their in '79?

Unchainme
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I wish they would bring back shows like that, (Rock Concert, The Midnight Special.) That'b grate and Not Shit bands please (Simple Plan etc.)

rustoffa
08-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Did you discover Van Halen on their in '79?

I didn't see that episode. I had Van Halen ingrained in my psyche at the local skatepark...they musta' left the eight-track of the first record in the system for months.

This old friend of mine always comments how "Jamies' Cryin'" was playing when he broke his wrist out there....LMFAO....he was cryin' bigtime.

You know how you place songs with where you were @ when you heard it? I remember hearing Sweet's "Love Is Like Oxygen" out there one night....it was fucking cold....by that time they had started playing this staticky rock station out of Savannah.

The static just added to the weirdness of that song.....

I'm gettin' misty....and scentimental.

Time for a beer!
:D

Three Lock Rock
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hahahaha!!!

Why are you so mean? :p

why are you such a fag, eh?

I here you're the dancing queen of all the rothfags

(Three lock Rock, kickin' the gladiators ass and takin names)

MAX
08-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
why are you such a fag, eh?

Just cuntfortable with my "feminine" side and don't have a problem with it either. :D I wore bronze lipstick last night and I'm hoping to have a manicure later this evening. :)

I here you're the dancing queen of all the rothfags

Yup. I'm young and sweet only not seventeen.

Hardrock69
08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Actually one song that is a time warp for me is "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty.

It came out in May of 1978, when I was in the Army and stationed just south of Seattle.

That was MY personal Summer Of Love. I tripped for the first time, got laid (finally), was in my first real rock band, and had an incredible time.

That song was played to death all summer, and anytime I hear it now, I am right back in my living room of the house I was living in.

According to the cool program Google Earth Pro, the house is still there!

Ahhh memories...

:cool:

DLR_EngineRoom
08-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Actually one song that is a time warp for me is "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty.

It came out in May of 1978, when I was in the Army and stationed just south of Seattle.

That was MY personal Summer Of Love. I tripped for the first time, got laid (finally), was in my first real rock band, and had an incredible time.

That song was played to death all summer, and anytime I hear it now, I am right back in my living room of the house I was living in.

According to the cool program Google Earth Pro, the house is still there!

Ahhh memories...

:cool:

lol OMG....that was one of the first songs on my "75 from 70's" CD I put together.....I freaking LOVE that song!!!

BTW, one of the coolest covers ever played is The Foo Fighters doing a cover of that song!!! Download it....buy it...makes no dif to me, but definitely listen to it!

guwapo_rocker
08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
The Logical Song(Supetramp).

Anything off Van Halen 1.

ELO.....etc....

Jack68
08-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Rhinestone Cowboy

Big Fat Sammy
08-25-2005, 02:33 PM
lol OMG....that was one of the first songs on my "75 from 70's" CD I put together.....I freaking LOVE that song!!!

BTW, one of the coolest covers ever played is The Foo Fighters doing a cover of that song!!! Download it....buy it...makes no dif to me, but definitely listen to it!

What about Dave's cover? :D

DLR_EngineRoom
08-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
What about Dave's cover? :D

haven't heard it yet, but I've already downloaded it.

Big Fat Sammy
08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
haven't heard it yet, but I've already downloaded it.

What ya waitin' for? Crank it! :D

blueturk
08-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

You know how you place songs with where you were @ when you heard it? I remember hearing Sweet's "Love Is Like Oxygen" out there one night....it was fucking cold....by that time they had started playing this staticky rock station out of Savannah.

The static just added to the weirdness of that song.....

I'm gettin' misty....and scentimental.

Time for a beer!
:D

That station in Savannah was probably the old WSGA. I grew up in Savannah ( as a matter of fact we're staying on Tybee next week) and WSGA could be a damn cool station. I heard "Iron Man" for the first time on WSGA...damn I'm old...

DLR_EngineRoom
08-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
What ya waitin' for? Crank it! :D

lol...long story...I emailed it to myself cuz my PC's out....

FasterPussycat
08-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
songs that were released in the 70s remind me of the 70s

Ahahaha.... True!!! I was too young to remember though!!!

The sound of P&F and ELO, Smokie remind me 70s...

sammysucks65
08-28-2005, 04:52 PM
the songs off dynasty by kiss....very disco very 70s to me