PDA

View Full Version : Maiden expected to land in UK Top 10

Shaun Ponsonby
08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
According to Virgin.net, heavy metal veterans IRON MAIDEN are expected to land in the U.K. Top 10 next week with their latest single, "The Trooper" (currently No. 5 on the Midweek single chart).

"The Trooper", taken from the classic IRON MAIDEN album "Piece of Mind", was originally released as a single in July 1983 and reached No. 12 on the U.K chart. It has long been a live favorite and is a particular highlight of the current tour which is based around the band's first four albums.

IRON MAIDEN have released "The Trooper" as a single to precede their hugely-anticipated headline appearances at the Reading and Leeds festivals and their double live album "Death On The Road". The single was released on August 15 as a maxi-CD, limited-edition blue 7" vinyl and 12" picture discs, all featuring a live recording of "The Trooper", taken from their forthcoming new album/DVD "Death On The Road", plus previously unavailable live tracks recorded on June 7, 2005 at Reykjavik Egishorllin Stadium.

IRON MAIDEN's last single, "The Number of the Beast", entered the U.K. chart at No 3 when it was released early this year.

IRON MAIDEN recently announced that they will play a special benefit concert in aid of former drummer Clive Burr MS Trust Fund at London's Hammersmith Carling Apollo on Friday, September 2 with special guests PIG IRON and VOODOO SIX.

Unchainme
08-19-2005, 01:10 PM
UP THE MOTHERFUCKIN' IRONS. God you brits are lucky your radio and everything must be better over there.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Actually, its uasaully full of dance, hip hop and boybands.

Its just Maiden's popularity.

Soul Reaper
08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
UP THE MOTHERFUCKIN' IRONS. God you brits are lucky your radio and everything must be better over there.

unfortuantely it's as good as having a firework up your ass

Shaun Ponsonby
08-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Erm...I probably wouldn't go to such extremes.

PHOENIX
08-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Good for Maiden. Finally getting the credit they deserve after all these years.

Mr Badguy
08-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah!

I bought it the other day.

Worth having just for the new live version of "Prowler".

Pity "Murders in the Rue Morgue" (live) is only on the 12 inch.

I would have liked that as well.

BrownSound1
08-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Metal...by that I mean REAL Metal is going to make a comeback of sorts. I hear Iron Maiden is handing Black Sabbath their asses on the Ozzfest tour.

Mr Grimsdale
08-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Maiden are always getting singles in the top 10 in the UK.

Good luck to them, but it only takes about 10000 sales to get there these days.

As Shaun said it's not down to airplay it's down to their fans.

Mr Badguy
08-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Exactly, exactly...

Shaun Ponsonby
08-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Cat