PDA

View Full Version : War Backers Set Up Camp Near Bush Ranch

BigBadBrian
08-22-2005, 10:53 AM
War Backers Set Up Camp Near Bush Ranch

By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer
Sun Aug 21,12:49 PM ET

CRAWFORD, Texas - A patriotic camp with a "God Bless Our President!" banner sprung up downtown Saturday, countering the anti-war demonstration started by a fallen soldier's mother two weeks ago near President Bush's ranch.

The camp is named "Fort Qualls," in memory of Marine Lance Cpl. Louis Wayne Qualls, 20, who died in Iraq last fall.

"If I have to sacrifice my whole family for the sake of our country and world, other countries that want freedom, I'll do that," said the soldier's father, Gary Qualls, a friend of the local business owner who started the pro-Bush camp. He said his 16-year-old son now wants to enlist, and he supports that decision.

Qualls' frustration with the anti-war demonstrators erupted last week when he removed a cross bearing his son's name that was among hundreds the group had put up along the road to Bush's ranch.

Qualls called the protesters' views disrespectful to soldiers, and said he had to yank out two more crosses after protesters kept replacing them.

Cindy Sheehan, whose 24-year-old son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, died last year in Iraq, started the anti-war demonstration along the roadside on Aug. 6. "Camp Casey" has since grown to about 100 core participants, and hundreds more from across the nation have visited.

Sheehan vowed to remain there until Bush agreed to meet with her or until his monthlong vacation ended, but she flew to Los Angeles last week after her 74-year-old mother had a stroke. Her mother has some paralysis but is in good spirits, and if she improves, Sheehan may return to Texas in a few days, some demonstrators said.

In her absence, the rest of the group will keep camping out for the unlikely chance to question the president about the war that has claimed the lives of about 1,850 U.S. soldiers.

Bush has said he sympathizes with Sheehan but won't change his schedule to meet with her. She and other families met with Bush about two months after Casey Sheehan died, before she became a vocal opponent of the war.

Large counter-protests were held in a ditch near Sheehan's site a week after she arrived, and since then, a few Bush supporters have stood in the sun holding signs for several hours each day.

Bill Johnson, a local gift shop owner who created "Fort Qualls," said he wanted to offer a larger, more convenient place for Bush supporters to gather.

He and others at "Fort Qualls" have asked for a debate with those at the Crawford Peace House, which is helping Sheehan.

It's unclear if that will happen. But a member of Gold Star Families for Peace, co-founded by Sheehan and comprised of relatives of fallen soldiers, said her group would not participate.

"We're asking for a meeting with the president, period," said Michelle DeFord, whose 37-year-old son, Sgt. David W. Johnson, was in the Army National Guard from Oregon when he was killed in Iraq last fall. "We don't want to debate with people who don't understand our point of view."

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050821/ap_on_re_us/peace_mom_8)

Unchainme
08-22-2005, 11:05 AM
So they set up a camp near the Ditch Bitch, Good for them.

Guitar Shark
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
"If I have to sacrifice my whole family for the sake of our country and world, other countries that want freedom, I'll do that," said the soldier's father, Gary Qualls, a friend of the local business owner who started the pro-Bush camp. He said his 16-year-old son now wants to enlist, and he supports that decision.

Qualls' frustration with the anti-war demonstrators erupted last week when he removed a cross bearing his son's name that was among hundreds the group had put up along the road to Bush's ranch.

Qualls called the protesters' views disrespectful to soldiers, and said he had to yank out two more crosses after protesters kept replacing them.

What an . . . uh . . . interesting point of view.

Nickdfresh
08-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, give your children till it hurts (or not).

NightProwler
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
"Qualls called the protesters' views disrespectful to soldiers"

Soldiers defend, among other things Freedom of Speech. Leave it to a chickenhawk follower of dumbya to object to Freedom of Speech.

If he truly supports bush and his war, why isn't he in iraq? He could go as a contractor.

BigBadBrian
08-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by NightProwler
"Qualls called the protesters' views disrespectful to soldiers"

Soldiers defend, among other things Freedom of Speech. Leave it to a chickenhawk follower of dumbya to object to Freedom of Speech.

If he truly supports bush and his war, why isn't he in iraq? He could go as a contractor.

Get off the fucking Internet!!! You're on company time, Bozo.

:gulp:

NightProwler
08-22-2005, 11:35 AM
bitchboybrian

Actually, I'm NOT on "company time", you fool.

By the way, you said you were "promptly" going to post your biographical info and military record.

What happened with that?

LMAO

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Get off the fucking Internet!!! You're on company time, Bozo.

He'll be waiting for you in front of the Yuma town Library, Bri

He'll be the one wearing the Iron Maiden T-Shirt :cool:

LMMFAO

Be there "promptly" at 10 am

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
So they set up a camp near the Ditch Bitch, Good for them.

Asshole:mad:

BigBadBrian
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
bitchboybrian

Actually, I'm NOT on "company time", you fool.

By the way, you said you were "promptly" going to post your biographical info and military record.

Did not, I commanded you to do it. Get hopping, clown boy. Just stating "USAF" is not good enough. I want to know your MOS and units of service.

Warham
08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yeah, give your children till it hurts (or not).

Did the government steal their children in the middle of the night while they were sleeping, or do I misunderstand what the word 'enlist' means?

Warham
08-22-2005, 05:10 PM
"This country is not worth dying for." - Cindy Sheehan

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Here's a thought.

Since we're losing good men and women on a DAILY basis over there, I wish just ONE of the mothers would step forward and tell America:

I'll ask Bush what our "noble cause is" for Cindy, and report back his answer.

This is just getting ugly on both sides, and it's a distraction from the real issues.

I missed CNN's "Dead Wrong", but I hear it was good. Maybe the Media is finally getting some balls to stand up to this administration.

NightProwler
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
bitchboybrian

When I was in the USAF they used AFSC, NOT "mos".

It is not hard to see why you haven't posted your military record yet.

LMAO

Warham
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
LMAO.

Where have you been the last five years?

blueturk
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Warham
"This country is not worth dying for." - Cindy Sheehan

"Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

Warham
08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
You can't defend that Sheehan quote.

blueturk
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
You can't defend that Sheehan quote.

You're right. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say. Can you defend this quote from Bush? It's been over 3 years since he said it and he obviously meant it. 3 years from now, will Sheehan's quote stand up like this one? Long after Cindy Sheehan is just a footnote, the policies of this administration will continue to haunt America.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

Ally_Kat
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM

See, that's what popped up at me and what I don't like. Should we respect her opinion of it all? Yes. But she should also the opinions of the family members before she uses other's names in a visual protest of something where people have different opinions.

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I thought Sheehan's quote was reffering to IRAQ

IRAQ is not worth dying for

Am I wrong??????

Sorry if I am. [ second time this year ]

Guitar Shark
08-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
See, that's what popped up at me and what I don't like. Should we respect her opinion of it all? Yes. But she should also the opinions of the family members before she uses other's names in a visual protest of something where people have different opinions.

Was she the one who put those crosses up, or was it just someone from the group? There are so many different talking heads out there it's hard to know.

Unchainme
08-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Asshole:mad:

:D, Thanks Lounger Thats what I was going for.

blueturk
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
I thought Sheehan's quote was reffering to IRAQ

IRAQ is not worth dying for

Am I wrong??????

Sorry if I am. [ second time this year ]

Well Lounge, the fact is that she was talking about America. She made these statements at a rally on April 27th of this year .The rally was held in support of Lynne Stewart.

"I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for."

"We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Not very bright. Even the fact that this war has nothing to do with defending America doesn't excuse the first quote, or the Bush-like ignorance of the second quote.

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, considering the amount of INSANE quotes [ well documented by you lately] from our "leader", I'll give her a pass on this ONE.

Unchainme
08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, considering the amount of INSANE quotes [ well documented by you lately] from our "leader", I'll give her a pass on this ONE.

Hey Lounger have you replied to my PM Yet?

blueturk
08-22-2005, 07:35 PM

Yeah, she said some stupid shit, but she's not the President, for God's sake. What she says and does only affects those who choose to listen. Dudya's greed and stupidity affect America, and the world.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey Lounger have you replied to my PM Yet?

No, I was about to when you fired off the "ditch bitch" post :mad:

No more posts like that, or you'll be in the same league as Joe Thunder

I'll tell you all about the lying, racist, pedophile in a pm later

:cool:

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 08:08 PM
One can only wonder how many lives were lost over his "bring 'em on" quote.

Warham
08-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I'd say the same thing, instead of cowering in fear like a tree hugger would do.

Guitar Shark
08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I'd say the same thing, instead of cowering in fear like a tree hugger would do.

LOL. Dude, enlist already.

Ally_Kat
08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Was she the one who put those crosses up, or was it just someone from the group? There are so many different talking heads out there it's hard to know.

I was under the impression that she was in charge of that

Unchainme
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
No, I was about to when you fired off the "ditch bitch" post :mad:

No more posts like that, or you'll be in the same league as Joe Thunder

I'll tell you all about the lying, racist, pedophile in a pm later

Ok, Sorry 'bout that, Heard it on the radio the other day, I just wanted to test it out, I will not make any posts like that again, Or You will probably own me in every post like thunder :), Thanks if you do PM me about him, Thanks I really appreciate being patient with me on these things Even though I am a Neocon :D.

LoungeMachine
08-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok, Sorry 'bout that, Heard it on the radio the other day, I just wanted to test it out, I will not make any posts like that again, Or You will probably own me in every post like thunder :), Thanks if you do PM me about him, Thanks I really appreciate being patient with me on these things Even though I am a Neocon :D.

Well for starters, stop listening to Rush, Hannity, and Savage:rolleyes:

It's all cool:cool:

There's still hope for you yet, grasshopper

blueturk
08-22-2005, 09:18 PM

Yes Warham,you would if you were Bush and you knew that your words and/or actions would not affect your family. After all, during the Vietnam War Dubya was flying over Alabama at the taxpayer's expense while those whose parents weren't rich were flying much less friendly skies. You and Bush share a chickenhawk mentality. But you might consider that to be a compliment...

"I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war." —George W. Bush, Charleston, West Virginia, Jan. 27, 2002

Unchainme
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Well for starters, stop listening to Rush, Hannity, and Savage:rolleyes:

It's all cool:cool:

There's still hope for you yet, grasshopper

Hey! I only listen to the first two :D, I want to listen to Al Franken and some of other libs, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, I listened to some girl on Air America once I think her name was like Miller or something, Anyways She di this really gay paroday about how Conservative are all Rich Apycopalians who have Mexican Servants, I didn't really like it, I wasn't a big fan of that one, I suppose there are others who are better than her, Hell maybe should quit listening to Talk Raido and Listen to The Rock Stations more, Maybe I'll hear a Song by you Loungemachine, (Was I even in close in my guess?)

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 12:44 AM

Maybe I'll hear a Song by you Loungemachine, (Was I even in close in my guess?)

No, but you're forgiven for the guess:rolleyes:

Check out Mike Malloy:cool:

Warham
08-23-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by blueturk

"I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war." —George W. Bush, Charleston, West Virginia, Jan. 27, 2002

I think this quote by Bush is funny.

Unchainme
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
No, but you're forgiven for the guess:rolleyes:

Check out Mike Malloy:cool:

Hmmm, I went to the website he seeems like a good guy to listen, I gotta check him out. Thanks Lounger :)

ODShowtime
08-23-2005, 01:34 PM
War Backers Set Up Camp Near Bush Ranch

"If I have to sacrifice my whole family for the sake of our country and world, other countries that want freedom, I'll do that," said the soldier's father, Gary Qualls,

Do you guys see how this sea of lies we're awash in deludes people?

This idiot is willing to sacrfice his whole family for the freedom of people in other countries? I bet he believes we fought WWII to free everyone!

What a moron!

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
But Cindy Sheehan's not a deluded cunt?

'This country is not worth dying for.'

I hope she has the ghosts of the hundreds of thousands of men who have died for this country to haunt her at night for the rest of her life.

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
I hope she has the ghosts of the hundreds of thousands of men who have died for this country to haunt her at night for the rest of her life.

Give me a break. If anything, she cares about these people far more than Bush does. He's the one who should be haunted, not her.

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
And how do you know that? Do you have some inside info about who or what he cares about?

If he didnt' give a damn about her kid, he wouldn't have met her to begin with, unlike previous presidents (no names need to be mentioned).

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
P.S. I realize you're trying to make this more than it is by referring to "hundreds of thousands" rather than just those lost in the Iraq war, but let's keep the focus on the topic at hand.

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Well, she said this country is not worth dying for and referred back two hundred years in our history. She said we've been killing since we landed on the Mayflower.

So, yes, I will include those vets who died in the Revolutionary, Spanish-American, Civil, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Gulf, and the Iraq War.

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, she said this country is not worth dying for and referred back two hundred years in our history. She said we've been killing since we landed on the Mayflower.

So, yes, I will include those vets who died in the Revolutionary, Spanish-American, Civil, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Gulf, and the Iraq War.

Well, if that's what she said, it's the first I've heard of it. It hasn't been mentioned in this thread before now. Where did you see this?

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:48 PM
And how do you know that? Do you have some inside info about who or what he cares about?

Are you even serious? Cindy Sheehan didn't start an ill-conceived war based on faulty intelligence, with rapidly evolving justifications, none of which have panned out. Bush, not Sheehan, is responsible for the deaths of American troops in Iraq.

Sheehan, not Bush, is the one asking that they be brought home before more lives are lost. While I disagree with her that this is wise, it at least shows that she cares about American troops being put in harm's way.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 02:50 PM

She said we've been killing since we landed on the Mayflower.

Well we DID wipe out almost an entire race of people here to get the land.

As well as built this great nation on the backs of slaves.

Unwrap yourself from the flag for a moment and ADMIT that we are NOT without sin, warmonger.

Your "my country, right or wrong" shtick erases all credibilty you might want in here.

In fact, I'd LOVE to hear you admit our mistakes in this war.

Just list the top 3 mistakes in YOUR opinion.

I'd respect that.

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Sheehan was against the first Gulf War. She's against ANY war, no matter what the reason or cost.

Some comments by Ms. Sheehan:

'I take responsibility partly for my son’s death, too. I was raised in a country by a public school system that taught us that America was good, that America was just. America has been killing people, like my sister over here says, since we first stepped on this continent, we have been responsible for death and destruction. I passed on that bullshit to my son and my son enlisted. I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq. {applause} We might not even have been attacked by Osama bin Laden if {applause}. 9/11 was their Pearl Harbor to get their neo-con agenda through and, if I would have known that before my son was killed, I would have taken him to Canada. I would never have let him go and try and defend this morally repugnant system we have. The people are good, the system is morally repugnant. {applause}"

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:54 PM

Unwrap yourself from the flag for a moment and ADMIT that we are NOT without sin, warmonger.

Your "my country, right or wrong" shtick erases all credibilty you might want in here.

I'd respect that.

We have made mistakes in this war.

I'll list three for you, treehugger, although I don't need your respect, and don't care to get it.

1. Needed more ground troops. 50,000 more maybe? I'm no expert.

2. Needed to bomb Fallujah (major bombing runs).

3. Needed to plan for the insurgency better before going in. A bit hasty declaring combat was over.

I've always said that, but you never listen. I've also said I disagree with Dubya on a few things too.

All you can do is go 'blah, blah, blah'.

We didn't build this nation on the backs of slaves. They picked cotton in the South on the backs of slaves.

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Sheehan was against the first Gulf War. She's against ANY war, no matter what the reason or cost.

'I take responsibility partly for my son’s death, too. I was raised in a country by a public school system that taught us that America was good, that America was just. America has been killing people, like my sister over here says, since we first stepped on this continent, we have been responsible for death and destruction. I passed on that bullshit to my son and my son enlisted. I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq. {applause} We might not even have been attacked by Osama bin Laden if {applause}. 9/11 was their Pearl Harbor to get their neo-con agenda through and, if I would have known that before my son was killed, I would have taken him to Canada. I would never have let him go and try and defend this morally repugnant system we have. The people are good, the system is morally repugnant. {applause}"

Thanks for that. Do you have a link?

You know, taken in its proper context, I really don't see much to quarrel about with her comments. I agree with most of them.

BigBadBrian
08-23-2005, 02:57 PM

If this bitch genuinely feels our system is morally repugnant, it is her duty to find one compatible with her beliefs.

That goes to all you other motherfuckers also. Just go.

Now. NOW.

Warham
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Here's the link to the transcript, GS...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

Brian, she feels this war is being run by a Jewish cabal. Does anything else need to be said about this deluded woman?

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
If this bitch genuinely feels our system is morally repugnant, it is her duty to find one compatible with her beliefs.

That goes to all you other motherfuckers also. Just go.

Now. NOW.

Aren't you one of the people who find certain laws morally repugnant, i.e., abortion being legal? I guess that means you need to leave as well.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
unbelievable.

In the time it took you to type that, you could have easily listed the mistakes.

I've searched for your reasons we went into Iraq in 2003 that HAVEN'T changed since then, and can't find them either.

You're full of shit.

Picked Cotton???????????

Jesus H. Christ you make me want to puke sometimes

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I did list mistakes.

Read it.

Yeah, what did slaves do, Lounge? Work as hotel staff? They picked cotton! Duh!

This country was made on the backs of the folks who came over here from England seeking religious and economic freedom from King George.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't find our system "morally repugnant" Brian

I find our ADMINISTRATION and it's agenda morally repugnant

I'm not leaving.

I'm staying, and voting to improve things.

Okay with you ???

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's the link to the transcript, GS...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

Brian, she feels this war is being run by a Jewish cabal. Does anything else need to be said about this deluded woman?

Reading the full transcript, I agree she's a bit wacky. But I'm willing to grant her a pass on this one since she lost her son in a stupid war with no end in sight, and she's going through normal emotions (grieving and anger). What's Bush's excuse for all his stupid comments?

By the way, I didn't see the Jewish cabal reference in there, but I don't really doubt she made such a comment.

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
I found the previous administration morally repugnant, and voted to get rid of it.

See, America does work!

BigBadBrian
08-23-2005, 03:05 PM

Big Fucking Deal. Dominant peoples have always subdued inferior cultures throughout the history of mankind. Deal with it. History...what a bitch. BTW - I think Sesh said something about not having to live down what our ancestors did. Or is that just him?

Started by the Dutch and British, ended by the Americans. Thank you very much.

I'd respect that.

I'd like to hear you say one GOOD thing about this country for once. ;)

Warham
Reading the full transcript, I agree she's a bit wacky. But I'm willing to grant her a pass on this one since she lost her son in a stupid war with no end in sight, and she's going through normal emotions (grieving and anger). What's Bush's excuse for all his stupid comments?

By the way, I didn't see the Jewish cabal reference in there, but I don't really doubt she made such a comment.

No, the Jewish cabal was mentioned in e-mail which she insists a 'friend' wrote. He's denied it.

I don't think she's going through normal emotions. I think she's always been like this.

Guitar Shark
I found the previous administration morally repugnant, and voted to get rid of it.

See, America does work!

Good thing you didn't leave like BBB suggests, eh? ;)

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Big Fucking Deal. Dominant peoples have always subdued inferior cultures throughout the history of mankind. Deal with it. History...what a bitch. BTW - I think Sesh said something about not having to live down what our ancestors did. Or is that just him?

Started by the Dutch and British, ended by the Americans. Thank you very much.

I'd like to hear you say one GOOD thing about this country for once. ;)

Lounge's career was built on the backs of slaves, but he won't return those checks he gets every month.

BigBadBrian
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Aren't you one of the people who find certain laws morally repugnant, i.e., abortion being legal? I guess that means you need to leave as well.

I think we need to differentiate between laws and system, counselor.

She's talking about the entire country. She needs to catch the first plane out.

I think the verdict goes to moi. ;)

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Good thing you didn't leave like BBB suggests, eh? ;)

No, and I don't think they should leave. Most of the time, these 'celebrities' say things like 'I'm moving to [name some third world country] if George W. Bush wins the election.

I haven't seen Alec Baldwin or anybody else leave yet, have you?

BigBadBrian
08-23-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't find our system "morally repugnant" Brian

I find our ADMINISTRATION and it's agenda morally repugnant

I'm not leaving.

I'm staying, and voting to improve things.

Okay with you ???

Good.

I'm glad you were able to distinguish between the two.

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I think we need to differentiate between laws and system, counselor.

She's talking about the entire country. She needs to catch the first plane out.

I think the verdict goes to moi. ;)

I think her comments are being taken out of context for improper purposes. She clearly has some wacky views though and isn't a great spokesperson. That being said, when you cut through to the heart of it she is raising some very, very legitimate questions. The jury's still out. ;)

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I haven't seen Alec Baldwin or anybody else leave yet, have you?

I'm still waiting for FORD and Keeyth to move to Canada, myself ;)

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Here's some more comments from Sheehan:

'Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.'

She says this is all about Israel. She has a problem with Jews, it seems.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:20 PM
AMERICA

I love our freedom above all else.

The freedom of speech, the freedom to assemble, the freedom to worship or not as we see fit.

I love our free market economy. I love the fact that we are a philathropic nation, always ready to help those less fortunate.

I love our checks and balances. I believe the only "term limits" should be free and fair elections.

I love the people who enlist to defend our freedoms.

I love our natural beauty and abundant resources, and feel it's incumbent upon all of us to protect them.

And I love the entrepenurial [sp?] spirit, and quest for exploration.

And I love when we can admit our faults, question authority, and work together to improve ourselves as a nation

-LM

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Lounge's career was built on the backs of slaves, but he won't return those checks he gets every month.

Slaves built ASCAP ??

who knew.:rolleyes:

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Yep, they built America, just like you said, pal.

Your words, not mine.

ASCAP was built on the backs of slaves.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:25 PM

And look what you replaced it with :rolleyes:

Mission Accomplished:(

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Yep, thank God. If we get Republicans for the next fifty years, I'll die happy. Judging by the way the Democratic Party looks nowadays, it's very feasible.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
When is Pat Roberton going to come out as the leader of the

AMERICAN TALIBAN ???

Isn't coming out for the murder of a country's leader by a religious leader what THEY do ?

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:29 PM
:D

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Yep, thank God. If we get Republicans for the next fifty years, I'll die happy. Judging by the way the Democratic Party looks nowadays, it's very feasible.

Judging by the way things are going, we'll be very lucky to survive another 50 years.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:30 PM

I love the fact you're that cocky about 2006:D :D

Keep reading / listening to FAUX et al

Nevermind that train approaching :cool:

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:36 PM
You gotta be cocky. ;)

We aren't going to lose any seats.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Wanna bet ???

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Wanna bet ???

I doubt he's willing to take any of that slave-earned ASCAP money :rolleyes:

;)

Warham
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Sure, but I'm not a millionaire like you are. :D

scamper
08-23-2005, 03:55 PM
If you don't believe in term limits Lounge, do you think Bush should be able to run again?

FORD
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by scamper
If you don't believe in term limits Lounge, do you think Bush should be able to run again?

That's a constitutional ammendment. And if it didn't exist, Bill Clinton would probably still be President. Also, the World Trade Center would still be standing and gas would be under $1.50 a gallon.

Guitar Shark
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Also, the World Trade Center would still be standing and gas would be under $1.50 a gallon.

Keep drinking that kool-ade, big guy. ;)

Warham
08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
The WTC would still be standing? Evidence suggests otherwise.

This crazy lunatic theory that it was all the Bush administration's fault is laughable. Those hijackers had been identified in the US when Clinton was still in office. They were well on their way to 9/11 before Bush was inaugurated.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Sure, but I'm not a millionaire like you are. :D

You should've taken better advantage of the Clinton '90s then ;)

LoungeMachine
08-23-2005, 04:52 PM
The WTC would still be standing? Evidence suggests otherwise.

This crazy lunatic theory that it was all the Bush administration's fault is laughable. Those hijackers had been identified in the US when Clinton was still in office. They were well on their way to 9/11 before Bush was inaugurated.

I agree with this 100%

However I think they had a damn good idea it was coming, and needed their "Peral Harbor" to instigate their PNAC plan to invade, occupy, and control Iraq, as well as replace their base of operations in the Middle East.

And what they've done SINCE 9/11 has been immoral, criminal, and reprehensible.

Nickdfresh
08-23-2005, 04:58 PM

I'm really wondering where that 'JEWISH CABAL' reference came from since I've seen no link to it, ever.

I agree with just about every one of her comments, and I think the part of her speech regarding "America not being worth dying for" is a bit of a misstatement since she clearly says that we have a right to use violence to protect ourselves and retaliate...(i.e. the roller analogy)

Nickdfresh
08-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Here's some more comments from Sheehan:

'Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.'

She says this is all about Israel. She has a problem with Jews, it seems.

She didn't mention JEWS or the JEWISH religion, she mentioned the nation-state of ISRAEL, again, you're quoting her out of context. She says it's about our foreign policy, which involves ISRAEL obviously...And she's quite right actually.

Warham
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Would that, by extension, mean that Clinton was part of the BCE?

;)

He does seem to be hanging around with Poppy quite a bit lately.

Warham
08-23-2005, 05:06 PM
So you believe Iraq is about Israel then, correct?

Warham
08-23-2005, 05:08 PM
"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog shit in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

A loon.

Nickdfresh
08-23-2005, 05:10 PM
So you believe Iraq is about Israel then, correct?

I believe it's about general stupidity of our president and his manipulative staff...

How the fuck can anyone sum this up as about one thing or another? I think it's just as much about SAUDI ARABIA, IRAN, SYRIA...etc. as it is about ISRAEL. And perhaps CHINA most of all...

Keeyth
08-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm still waiting for FORD and Keeyth to move to Canada, myself ;)

Too cold for my taste.

Besides, I love this country, and I've never said otherwise.

One of the great things about it is the fact that when an outright criminal is allowed to take office, and commit crimes against this countries people, I still have the right to speak out against that, no matter how hard it is to be heard over the FAUX news... ;)

Guitar Shark
08-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I agree Keeyth, I was just kidding around.

Keeyth
08-24-2005, 01:47 PM
I agree Keeyth, I was just kidding around.

OMG! We can agree on something???:p

ODShowtime
08-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Give me a break. If anything, she cares about these people far more than Bush does. He's the one who should be haunted, not her.

gw probably does see ghosts

ODShowtime
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM

'I take responsibility partly for my son’s death, too. I was raised in a country by a public school system that taught us that America was good, that America was just. America has been killing people, like my sister over here says, since we first stepped on this continent, we have been responsible for death and destruction. I passed on that bullshit to my son and my son enlisted. I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq.

I'm pretty sure she meant Iraq's not worth dying for. I'd agree.

NightProwler
08-24-2005, 08:11 PM
If those CHICKENHAWKS really support dumbya and hsi war they should be in iraq.

Nickdfresh
08-24-2005, 08:26 PM
If those CHICKENHAWKS really support dumbya and hsi war they should be in iraq.

Shouldn't you be doing your job guarding the border?

DLR'sCock
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Warfag and other rightwing losses of reality, please just shut the fuck up already and take your chances over in Iraq. Don't be a pussy a talk big when you are only just gambling with the life of another human being that may or may not want to be there.

Shut the fuck up, and go already, puhlease, ok???

FORD
08-24-2005, 08:34 PM
It's clear from the context of her statement that "this country" refers to IRAQ.

Once again....

I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq.

Anyone with functional eyes can see the clear distinction made here between Iraq and an attack on the US.

Jerry Falwell
08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Warfag and other rightwing losses of reality, please just shut the fuck up already and take your chances over in Iraq. Don't be a pussy a talk big when you are only just gambling with the life of another human being that may or may not want to be there.

You don't really want that do you? If we all left, you wouldn't have anyone to challenge your twisted mind. :D

ODShowtime
08-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Judging by the way things are going, we'll be very lucky to survive another 50 years.

I really don't know if it's wise to be saving money in any kind of financial instruments these days. It really is a house of cards. One of 9-11's many successes was proving that on a small scale.

Warham
08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock

Valium works wonders.

DrMaddVibe
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2005 9:01 a.m. EDT

Sheehan Calls Son's Killers 'Freedom Fighters'

In an interview earlier this month, Bush-bashing Gold Star mom Cindy Sheehan referred to terrorists allied with the Iraqi insurgents who killed her GI son Casey as "freedom fighters."

"Now that we have decimated [Iraq], the borders are open, freedom fighters from other countries are going in, and [U.S. troops] have created more terrorism by going to an Islamic country," Sheehan complained to CBS Newsman Mark Knoller.

Knoller, as well as other reporters who heard Sheehan's remarks, declined to include the outburst in his coverage.

But a video unearthed Tuesday by FreeRepublic.com captured Sheehan's comments on tape.

KNOLLER: You know that the president says Iraq is the central front in the war on terrorism, don't you believe that?

SHEEHAN: No, because it's not true. You know Iraq was no threat to the United States of America until we invaded. I mean they're not even a threat to the United States of America. Iraq was not involved in 9-11, Iraq was not a terrorist state.

But now that we have decimated the country, the borders are open, freedom fighters from other countries are going in, and [U.S. troops] have created more terrorism by going to an Islamic country, devastating the country and killing innocent people in that country. The terrorism is growing and people who never thought of being car bombers or suicide bombers are now doing it because they want the United States of America out of their country. [END OF EXCERPT]

Keeyth
08-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see what all you right-wingers would say the day you or one of your children get a draft notice and are required to go over there. If you or someone you loved had to go, you would change your story in a heartbeat, I'll bet. It would make you see how pointless this war really is once you had to give your life for this senselessness.

Warham
08-25-2005, 05:06 PM
If I was drafted, I would go, just like my father was drafted and went to Vietnam for that 'senseless war'. I wouldn't enlist, and I don't think my father would've ever enlisted. I'd consider it a disgrace to him if I was drafted and burned my card.

In short, I'd go.

DrMaddVibe
08-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Last I heard there wasn't a draft.

If THAT'S what you're opposed to then get over it. If a job requires you to be trained in automatic weapons...chances are you're going to use them.

Stop being a dolt. We have a volunteer army that trains for armed conflict. We had flawed intelligence that now the entire world knows(even though they said NOTHING during the ramp up!)and you want to Monday morning QB for your "team".

If you haven't served then you can't know the training involved that trains one to be a soldier.

Nickdfresh
08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

If THAT'S what you're opposed to then get over it. If a job requires you to be trained in automatic weapons...chances are you're going to use them.

Stop being a dolt. We have a volunteer army that trains for armed conflict. We had flawed intelligence that now the entire world knows(even though they said NOTHING during the ramp up!)and you want to Monday morning QB for your "team".

We need to fire the fucking coach and the general manager!

Satan
08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
So when the Chinese finally invade the United States and take it over, are you Busheep going to salute the new government and be good citizens, or are you going to be part of the "insurgency" against the occupation.

Consider your answer carefully. I'll be watching the whole thing on TV from my air conditioned office here in Hell.

blueturk
08-25-2005, 07:19 PM
If I was drafted, I would go, just like my father was drafted and went to Vietnam for that 'senseless war'. I wouldn't enlist, and I don't think my father would've ever enlisted. I'd consider it a disgrace to him if I was drafted and burned my card.

In short, I'd go.

What? You'd have to be drafted before you would help fight for this noble cause?

Keeyth
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM

REALLY ??!?!?? No kidding. It was a hypothetical situation to see if he would be honest about how he would feel if HE wa asked to go fight a war that is STRICTLY about one man's agenda, with no consideration or care as to how many innocents have to die for said man and his 'war'.

Satan
08-25-2005, 08:09 PM
No response to the Devil's question yet?

Take your time, boys. I'm here for eternity ;)

LoungeMachine
08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
If China invaded and occupied our country, I would take up arms, fight to the death by any means available, and give them hell.

Especially if they came saying it was "in our best interest" to get rid of our awful dictator and regime.

All this even though I hate my dictator, and his regime. But I love my country and am NOT about to be occupied by ANYONE

But that's just me.

LoungeMachine
08-25-2005, 08:31 PM

Tell that to the thousands being recalled against their will

Nickdfresh
08-25-2005, 08:53 PM
If China invaded and occupied our country, I would take up arms, fight to the death by any means available, and give them hell.

Especially if they came saying it was "in our best interest" to get rid of our awful dictator and regime.

All this even though I hate my dictator, and his regime. But I love my country and am NOT about to be occupied by ANYONE

But that's just me.

Ditto...

blueturk
08-25-2005, 09:12 PM

But that's just me.

Well said. What disgusts me is Bush constantly trying to draw non-existent parallels between this war and World War II in his attempts to justify his "policies". He is trying to spin something that was a huge tactical mistake (at best) into a grand and glorious war for our freedom. And as the anniversary of 9/11 approaches, Bush will try to make 9/11 the Pearl Harbor of this ludicrous comparison.

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

BigBadBrian
08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Satan

Consider your answer carefully. I'll be watching the whole thing on TV from my air conditioned office here in Hell.

Has Hell moved to Olympia, WA???

Satan
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM

I had to put the gate somewhere, didn't I? :cool:

BigBadBrian
08-25-2005, 10:50 PM
http://611.mystarband.net/images/ss.jpg

LoungeMachine
08-26-2005, 01:33 AM

Close.

Hell is actually 60 miles north on the north end of Lake Washington.

It's called Kenmore.

Coming in on lake City way at night the S is usually burned out on the SHELL station sign.

Approaching Kenmore is a 40ft tall sign reading HELL in big yellow letters

Olympia is the home to some pretty good indy rock.

LoungeMachine
08-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Of course should you ever want to give HELL an enema...........THAT part of the country is called YUMA

Warham
08-26-2005, 07:02 AM
What? You'd have to be drafted before you would help fight for this noble cause?

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. Our military is all volunteer. You're a little naive if you don't know the risks before you sign up.

blueturk
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. Our military is all volunteer. You're a little naive if you don't know the risks before you sign up.

So you don't think this war is worth the risk, and therefore you don't want to sign up? That's not what your leader wants to hear!

"I want to appreciate those of you who wear our nation's uniform for your sacrifice." —George W. Bush, Jacksonville, Fla., Jan. 14, 2005

Warham
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm not enthusiastic about any war, so the definition doesn't fit me. I only support war when I feel it's necessary. I probably would have been against the Vietnam War if I was around back then. It's not easy to pin somebody with a label so easily.

I support this cause, our president and our troops.

blueturk
08-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm not enthusiastic about any war, so the definition doesn't fit me. I only support war when I feel it's necessary. I probably would have been against the Vietnam War if I was around back then. It's not easy to pin somebody with a label so easily.

I support this cause, our president and our troops.

I won't bother to ask what "this cause" is...:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
08-26-2005, 09:00 AM

Neither will WARHAM.:)

Keeyth
08-26-2005, 11:59 AM

But that's just me.

Bravo! Well said LoungeMachine! That's exactly me too.

Why can't any of these brainwashed right-wingers see that is exactly what we are doing to Iraq???

LoungeMachine
08-26-2005, 12:26 PM
"this cause"

Which "cause"

cause we can ?

cause we want to?

cause we need the military bases?

cause we want the oil?

cause halliburton needs the money?

Keeyth
08-26-2005, 12:33 PM
'cause Bush wants to...

...and 'cause he can get away with it since America is filled with sheep who listen to media parrots.

BigBadBrian
08-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Bravo! Well said LoungeMachine! That's exactly me too.

Why can't any of these brainwashed right-wingers see that is exactly what we are doing to Iraq???

Because it's not, you Turd-in-a-Punchbowl.

And about the China thing....

I'll bet you'd both "French Out" at the first sight of the enemy. Probably would go looking for a bowl of Kung Pao Shrimp and a pair of chopsticks.

:gun:

Warham
08-26-2005, 04:18 PM

That wasn't the intent of my post.

The intent was to show you treehuggers that it's possible to be supportive of the troops without being enthusiastic about the prospects of getting involved in a war.

Nickdfresh
08-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh brother? You have such a hard on for this war and the prospect of bombing IRAN...:rolleyes:

Warham
08-26-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't think you liberals understand sarcastic humor when you see it.

Keeyth
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Because it's not, you Turd-in-a-Punchbowl.

And about the China thing....

I'll bet you'd both "French Out" at the first sight of the enemy. Probably would go looking for a bowl of Kung Pao Shrimp and a pair of chopsticks.

:gun:

Yes it is, you bloodwart-on-a-vagina. It's exactly the same.

And as far as the China thing...

Sorry, but you're way off base.
I would fight to the death for my country. Maybe not for it's current leader, but definitely to protect my country.

The only time I would "French out" would be with your sister, but in all honesty, off the topic, I do wish you a very Happy Birthday Brian! :D