PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhoads Honoured

Full Bug
03-20-2004, 10:34 PM
One for the Rhoads

By AP

LOS ANGELES -- Randy Rhoads, the guitarist behind Ozzy Osbourne's most acclaimed solo work, was posthumously honoured with a bronze bust on Hollywood's RockWalk. About 200 fans turned out to see the ceremony Thursday and hear from Osbourne himself, who praised Rhoads' virtuoso brand of heavy metal guitar playing.

"I will never forget Randy, he was a small guy with giant talent," Osbourne said. "Not a day goes by that my family doesn't think about him. He will never die in our hearts."

Added wife and manager Sharon Osbourne: "This is a testament to Randy after 22 years on how great his talent is that we don't forget him. We'll never forget him."

Barely into his 20s, Rhoads left the hard rock band Quiet Riot in 1979 and joined Osbourne, who was forming a group after leaving his former band, Black Sabbath. Rhoads' guitar prowess, particularly his solos, was compared to a fusion of classical, heavy metal and blues. During his time as Osbourne's guitarist, he recorded the albums The Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman.

He died in a plane crash in Santa Monica in 1982 at 25.
===================================
Very cool, its nice to see he hasnt been forgotten.....

Panamark
03-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Thats great. He deserves it. Had he lived longer, EVH's crown could have been stolen. His music is classic and timeless.

Mr Grimsdale
03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
shouldn't he have received some more flying lessons?

PHOENIX
03-21-2004, 07:45 PM
R.I.P.

Panamark
03-22-2004, 01:20 AM
Ive seen it before, but that pic fookin rocks !

WACF
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
What was and could of been.

A tragic loss...

Flash Bastard
03-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I wonder what he'd be doing today if he hadn't died.

I'd like to think he'd be retired from touring and now giving guitar lessons to some really lucky fuckers. I'd pay a year's salary for a few lessons, that's for sure.

HippieLettuce
03-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Randy dying was such a fucking shock. Ozzy's music hasn't been the same. Apparently it didn't affect Yngwies appetite any.

Mr Grimsdale
03-23-2004, 05:23 AM
where does yngwie get his 42 inch waist leather trousers from?

flappo
03-23-2004, 06:21 AM
..randy rhoads , taught keith floyd how to play air geetar

SilvioDante
03-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
One for the Rhoads

Added wife and manager Sharon Osbourne: "This is a testament to Randy after 22 years on how great his talent is that we don't forget him. We'll never forget him."

I bet Sharon that whore won't forget him!!

Full Bug
03-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I heard somewhere that Sharon fucked Randy, is that a true story or some bullshit story that people talk about? I guess only Sharon knows the truth....

Seshmeister
03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
She did.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=6831

Sharon Osbourne: Fling Was Before Marriage To Ozzy

Extra went straight to Sharon Osbourne to let her set the record straight on the excerpt in the family's new book where she talked about having a relationship with husband Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist, the late Randy Rhodes. She says, "Yes, I do want to set it straight. Before my husband and I actually were engaged, before we were married, I had a great friendship, as did my husband, with Randy." Osbourne admitted that in the Osbourne clan's new memoir, 'Ordinary People,' she and Randy did have a brief fling. However, she says, "I definitely wasn’t married to my husband at the time. Randy died before my husband and I were married."

Seshmeister
03-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Sharon Osbourne Cheated on Ozzy

Guess who has a new book coming out? The Osbournes, that’s why we are starting to get a barrage of salacious stories about them. Seems Sharon is using the late Randy Rhodes to stir up some juice in the book, which of course leads to publicity. From Blabbermouth: OZZY OSBOURNE's marriage nearly collapsed in the early 1980s — after wife Sharon Osbourne cheated on him with his band's guitarist Randy Rhoads.

The shocking revelation was made public by Sharon in the family's new tome "Ordinary People: Our Story", which charts their incredible lives through the eyes of all members of the Osbourne clan — including children Aimee, Kelly and Jack. And Sharon, 51, admits that the subject of her infidelity with Rhoads — who died in a plane crash in 1982 — is off limits as far as her husband is concerned, because he finds the incident too painful to deal with.

Sharon writes, "When I talk about the early days of the love affair between Ozzy and me, I have to be honest — it wasn't just the two of us. Randy was a vital part of the tale. When Ozzy and I weren't speaking we turned to Randy, and when we were on loving terms he was there too.

"On the road we often ended up in the back of the tour bus together, watching TV and dozing off without thinking anything of it. Not that we were having sex with each other. There was one time I was with Randy. Ozzy knows about it but has never wanted to discuss it. That's his way of dealing with it. But don't read any dissatisfaction into it. Ozzy knows the one-time occurrence was loving, not lustful. And he was just as in love with Randy as I was. He still cries when talking about Randy. So do I.

Mr Grimsdale
03-23-2004, 11:36 AM
there was this bird called sharon at school
you'd go round her place and learn "tricks"

fookin' ace

Full Bug
03-23-2004, 12:00 PM
When does this book of Sharon's come out? I can't stand her really, but the book might be a interesting read, only for the OZZY stories.....

Seshmeister
03-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Did she have a pal called Trace?

http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/picture_viz_library/dir_0/viz_character_7.gif

Seshmeister
03-23-2004, 12:25 PM
It's out

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743466209/qid=1080062609/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3299496-5670534?v=glance&s=books

Full Bug
03-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Might be hard to find in Canada/USA, unless it becomes a small bestseller, will look for it.....

Mr Grimsdale
03-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Did she have a pal called Trace?

http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/picture_viz_library/dir_0/viz_character_7.gif

HA!

ozzy makes about as much sense as terry fuckwit