Dire Straits

Warham
08-23-2005, 05:46 PM
'Money for nothing, get your chicks for free.'

'Yeah, they do the walk, do the walk of life, yeah the walk of life.'

'We are the sultans...the sultans of swing (geetar lick begins).'

Rikk
08-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I like all those bands except for STEVE MILLER. His stuff is agonizingly boring. Sting's solo stuff, apart from his first album and maybe his second, is also totally boring.

I'd have to say U2, only because I'm sick of 'em. Used to like 'em.

The biggest example I can think of is a Canadian band called the TRAGICALLY HIP. I fucking hate them with a passion. Tuneless, non-melodic, bad FM rock. No style, originality...all garbage. And they're big with working class Canadians...good for them. Thank Christ these idiots never made it in the States.

Warham
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
What do you think of the Barenaked Ladies, Rikk?

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 06:15 PM
U2 because I despise everything they every have done.

And of course, if a non-Dave VH song comes on, I change the station.

Big Fat Sammy
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
As far as Classic Rock radio goes...

THE NUMBER 1 SUCK award goes to .....

Bob Seger (fatter than Hagar, and sounds like he's got a charcoal brickette stuck in his throat)

The Eagles (They all suck it as solo artists too... yes, even the burnt out guitar surfer dude)

Ted Nugent (Boring soul-less songs and singing)

George Thorogood (unless I'm really drunk on whiskey) :D

...and fuck it, I'll throw Steve Miller in there too...:D :D :D

FasterPussycat
08-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Bon Jovi...

Rikk
08-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Warham
What do you think of the Barenaked Ladies, Rikk?

Ugh. Have to admit, I really don't like them either. They bug me.

You like 'em?

Warham
08-23-2005, 06:27 PM
I like a few of their tunes, like 'Brian Wilson' and 'Pinch Me'. Other than that, they are passable.

aesop
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I absolutely f'ing hate the CARS. Same bass drum beat in every song they ever did. And, with the release of Drive, they took cheese rock to a new level by adding way too many keyboard parts...

...Abosule dretch. And Rick O' is the ugliest singer in rock history.

Big Fat Sammy
08-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Cars...agreed.

Styx and REO too. :D

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
As far as Classic Rock radio goes...

THE NUMBER 1 SUCK award goes to .....

Bob Seger (fatter than Hagar, and sounds like he's got a charcoal brickette stuck in his throat)

The Eagles (They all suck it as solo artists too... yes, even the burnt out guitar surfer dude)

George Thorogood (unless I'm really drunk on whiskey) :D

...and fuck it, I'll throw Steve Miller in there too...:D :D :D

All those guys rock! And if you turn off George Thorogood, you be a madman!!!!!

Unchainme
08-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy

I like The Eagles, Hotel California has got to be one of the best 70's records out there. You gotta listen to some of Joe Walshs stuff, In The City is my fav ('Cuz It was used in The Warriors, One of my favorite Action Flicks of All Time). i also like the Nugent He is one of the best Guitarists of the 70's in my Mind, He has influnced everyone from GN'R To Pantera, He was one of my personal favorites.

Unchainme
08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by aesop
I absolutely f'ing hate the CARS. Same bass drum beat in every song they ever did. And, with the release of Drive, they took cheese rock to a new level by adding way too many keyboard parts...

...Abosule dretch. And Rick O' is the ugliest singer in rock history.

You fucking with me right, I Fucking Love The Cars, They sucked ass live, But kicked major ass on record.

guitarboy5150
08-23-2005, 09:05 PM
i cant stand...
steve miller
crosby stills and nash
bob seger
george thorogood
styx
jimmy buffett
u2
billy joel
elton john
and all of the new annoying shit thats out...to many to name

rustoffa
08-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't get the U2.

I mean, I just don't fucking get it. The guitar always sounds like a wind chime or some shit.

That fucking video of sunday bloody sunday where he's got the mullet and a surrender flag? That thing was on old MTV like every twenty minutes.

Everytime I see Blackhawk Down, I'm immediately reminded of how cool it'd have been if one of those helicopters just blasted the living fuck out of that building in the streets with no name video.

Mr. Vengeance
08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I don't get the U2.

I mean, I just don't fucking get it. The guitar always sounds like a wind chime or some shit.

That fucking video of sunday bloody sunday where he's got the mullet and a surrender flag? That thing was on old MTV like every twenty minutes.

Everytime I see Blackhawk Down, I'm immediately reminded of how cool it'd have been if one of those helicopters just blasted the living fuck out of that building in the streets with no name video.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this in U2 and their shitty albums/videos....

Northern Girl
08-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Off the top of my head:

The Doors

The Police/Sting

Steve Miller Band

Dire Straits

I totally forgot Rush. Hate 'em!

MAX
08-23-2005, 11:25 PM
I totally forgot Rush. Hate 'em!

Me too. I've NEVER understood peoples obsession with them just cos they're good musicians? Geddy Lee sounds like a fucking banshee. Saw them live once and it was just "there" cos their songs suck.

Another one I've never understood is people's fascination with Springsteen. Fine, maybe the guy has written one or two decently average tunes but WTF? The "Boss?" :rolleyes:

I don't get it? :confused:

Rikk
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Me too. I've NEVER understood peoples obsession with them just cos they're good musicians? Geddy Lee sounds like a fucking banshee. Saw them live once and it was just "there" cos their songs suck.

Another one I've never understood is people's fascination with Springsteen. Fine, maybe the guy has written one or two decently average tunes but WTF? The "Boss?" :rolleyes:

I don't get it? :confused:

I love the Boss. He's a helluva a performer, writer and thinker. Great arrangements in his songs too. I don't like EVERYTHING he's done, and the man has his filler. But he's a great artist.

As for RUSH, used to like 'em somewhat. Still kinda like their early stuff. But overall, they piss me off...very much because their fans piss me off alot.:p

MAX
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I get you Rikk and it's all just opinions and people's taste or lack there of. lol. :p

Just like I think Steve Miller is awesome. I saw him once and I thought he was stellar. Dig a ton of his tunes as well. :)

I agree about Rush and their fans as well. In fact, I have an old interview of Dave saying point blank that "Rush is a band that takes themeselves a little too seriously..." So do their fans. I mean fuck, we all get it that Neil Peart is a very talented and gifted drummer. However, who gives a fuck if the songs blow? You know? I'd always get (especially when I used to play in bands) this crap "How can you not like Rush? You play guitar, etc." I'd say cos they fucking suck. :)

Matt White
08-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Bob Segar pre-1981 is STELLAR...especially the Non-radio stuff...had a KILLER band back in the day. Local legends...played every dive bar in the State...and blew the doors off of many an established band back in the day...he's been recording since 1967!!!

Hate U2..never got it.

Dire Straits

Sting...totaly useless without Andy & Stuart

Never liked the Boss...must be a MICHIGAN thing...respect him though.

Hate almost ALL the late-70's New York punks...Television & their ilk...

Patty Smith...YUCK!:mad:

Fog Hat...otherwise known as Hog Fat!!!:D

REO, STYX, Foreigner....makes me shudder just thinking about them!!!

MAX
08-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I'm fuckin' in complete agreement with a lot of the aformentioned acts. Fuckin' Dire Straits, Foreigner, REO, Ted Nugent all blow. IMO. U2 have had a few semi-decent tunes but they're far from being legendary and extremely overrated.

Rikk
08-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I agree about Rush and their fans as well. In fact, I have an old interview of Dave saying point blank that "Rush is a band that takes themeselves a little too seriously..." So do their fans. I mean fuck, we all get it that Neil Peart is a very talented and gifted drummer. However, who gives a fuck if the songs blow? You know? I'd always get (especially when I used to play in bands) this crap "How can you not like Rush? You play guitar, etc." I'd say cos they fucking suck. :)

Yup.

I'm so tired of hearing about Rush because they can play. Big fucking deal? Yes, I think they have some good work. But nothing compared to so many other bands.

So many of my favorite bands were relatively okay musicians...not viruosos. THE STOOGES. NIRVANA. DEAD KENNEDYS. THE BEATLES. I mean, who cares if they're the greatest players in the world or not? It's the vibe...the mood...the groove. Sometimes I love hearing a great musician. Sometimes in my band, I wish the players could even better play the arrangements I'm trying to teach 'em. But a good musician does NOT make a good band.

Rikk
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Hate almost ALL the late-70's New York punks...Television & their ilk...

Grrrrrrr.............:mad:

MAX
08-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
But a good musician does NOT make a good band.

BINGO!!! Look at Edward Van Halen without David Lee Roth? The songs are useless even with his gift of the five-string.

rustoffa
08-24-2005, 12:09 AM
What about that James Taylor dipshit? He's sold millions and millions of albums to some demographic, and I don't understand why.

This shit is the worst of the worst. Some fucker told me he went to a James Taylor show for free...just because he wanted to get drunk or something. He said people jumped up and started rocking out when "going to carolina" was offered up.

He couldn't believe it, and neither can I.

What in the hell compels someone to think that shit is worth jumping out of a seat for?

Speaking of hell, that's exactly where those dipshits are going. They'll be seated right next to the "CHICAGO" horn section.

They can all roast in fucking hell.

MAX
08-24-2005, 12:29 AM
I actually used to like James Taylor cos my mom listened to him when I was a kid. However, at some point in time I just grew to loathe all of his shit and his voice. I dunno why?

Rikk
08-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I actually used to like James Taylor cos my mom listened to him when I was a kid. However, at some point in time I just grew to loathe all of his shit and his voice. I dunno why?

Quit trying to act cool. You just complimented Barry Manilow in the Sheep Pen and were talking about having a disco night at the bar.

Fuckin' fag.

BrownSound1
08-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Oh I'll piss some people off with this one...

I hate Lynyrd Skynyrd. If you motherfuckers had to hear Sweet Home Alabama every day of your fuckin' life you would too. Also, if I never hear Freebird again it'll be too soon. I didn't used to hate them, but radio here just overplays the fuck out of them.

REM...they can bite my ass.

Def Leppard post Pyromania...I'll change it in about 2 seconds if I hear anything post Pyromania come on...except for the song Women.

Molly Hatchet....too NASAL.

Jethro Tull.... I'm sorry folks, but that is the biggest horseshit of a band ever. Jimmy Page once came up with a live album name for them, if they had ever recorded in Los Angeles. "Jethro Tull: Bore 'em at The Forum" Seriously, I had rather listen to Sammy Hagar!

Neil Young....Don't understand the appeal. He sucks as a singer, and sucks as a guitarist.

I can go on and on.

Now to the person who said none of the Eagles were worth a shit. Well I have to disagree with that. Joe Walsh fuckin' rocks. Go back and dig into some James Gang. Hell I like the Eagles as a band so there you go.

Some of you have mentioned Rush. I like some Rush, but I can only take it in small doses. They are all great musicians, no doubt about that, and I respect them for that. Basically that is musician's music...the only people who can appreciate what they are doing are musicians.

Rikk
08-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Considering LYNYRD SKYNYRD is in some ways my favorite band (and this coming from a guy that usually prefers punk rock and garage rock), I take offense, sir.;)

I think SKYNYRD is WAY BEYOND those two songs. Those are the two FM radio never shuts up about. But their catalogue is rich with a ton of amazing songs. I just love 'em. Van Zant is a bit of a hero to me as a singer and lyricist.

I also love R.E.M. But to each his own.

Also love NEIL YOUNG.

That said, I find JETHRO TULL boring as hell.

Not crazy about DEF LEPPARD, but they have some good songs...usually PYROMANIA and earlier. I fucking hate LOVE BITES and POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME.

I like MOLLY HATCHET. Don't love 'em, but I like 'em.

Agree with you on the EAGLES.

Matt White
08-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Love me some SKYNRD!!! So much more than a singles band.

Have grown to dig Neil Young.

Jethro Tull?!? Jimmy Page said it best when they were gonna record a live album in L.A. "Call it BORE "EM AT THE FORUM."

DEF LEP? Anything after Pyro SUCKS!!!

Never listened to Molly Hatchet much......

EAGLES are STELLAR...especially the early stuff, more cuntry!!!

Now...R.E.M. grew on me....GREEN and back I dig...new stuff not at all...very influential on Alt-Cuntry bands....and rarely acknowledged....

BrownSound1
08-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Oh I'm very familiar with the Skynyrd catalog...you don't live in the Southeast US and not know your Skynyrd. The thing is, we are over exposed to them. I'll guaran-fuckin-tee that Skynyrd is played more down here than anywhere else in the world, and it isn't just those two songs. If I could go a few months without hearing them...say 9 or 10, then I might could actually sit down and dig the albums back out. However, I got a feeling that won't be happening soon...

Matt White
08-24-2005, 02:09 AM
LOLI can relate!

BOB SEGAR

GRAND FUNK

TED NUGENT

I think it's in all MICHIGAN radio station contracts that they have to play these artist 20 times a day each.......

But I feel that way about most classic rock!

I can't believe that their is somebody sitting at home each day thinking, "If I don't hear "OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY" for the Millionth time the sun won't shine as brightly today!"

I listen to public radio alot.....New music, even if it sucks, at least challenges you to form an opinion.....

MAX
08-24-2005, 02:20 AM
I forgot about REM. Shit, hasn't everyone? lol. Regardless, they were waaaaay too big for a time. Seriously, any fucking band that scores a hit with a song called "Shiny Happy People Holding Hands" needs to be shot.

Rikk
08-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I forgot about REM. Shit, hasn't everyone? lol. Regardless, they were waaaaay too big for a time. Seriously, any fucking band that scores a hit with a song called "Shiny Happy People Holding Hands" needs to be shot.

This coming from a fag that just complimented MANDY by BARRY MANILOW. What's next? MAXIMUS dancing up a storm at the COPACABANA?:D

That said, I think SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE is gay as hell (you SHOULD like it), and I think it's sad that quite a few people were turned off R.E.M. because of such an uncharacteristic piece of shit.

BrownSound1
08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah, even the mighty Led Zeppelin gets overplayed. However, I've got enough stuff of Led Zep that never gets airplay so that's usually what I listen to. ;)

AC/DC is another overplayed band. I love 'em, but I can stand not to hear Highway To Hell, Dirty Deeds, TNT, Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long, and Shoot To Thrill every day of the damn week.

I'll tell you a surprising song I'm hearing tons of and that is I'll Wait. They are playing it like crazy, and I'm wondering why. Not a VH song I'd pick for heavy rotation...hell it wasn't that big of a hit to begin with.

Rikk
08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Oh I'm very familiar with the Skynyrd catalog...you don't live in the Southeast US and not know your Skynyrd. The thing is, we are over exposed to them. I'll guaran-fuckin-tee that Skynyrd is played more down here than anywhere else in the world, and it isn't just those two songs. If I could go a few months without hearing them...say 9 or 10, then I might could actually sit down and dig the albums back out. However, I got a feeling that won't be happening soon...

You know, for a few years in the late 90s, FM radio worked hard to turn me off Zeppelin. Drives me nuts when I turn on the radio and hear the middle part of WHOLE LOTTA LOVE...it's like, "Christ, play something off PRESENCE!"

SKYNYRD are a classic band that wrote top-quality songs. But it really does suck when regionalism and unoriginality leads to overplay and turns people off. I do hope someday you manage to appreciate some of their work.

I consider them the finest rock 'n' roll band the States ever produced...(when I say rock 'n' roll, I mean a more classic-sounding music style, marrying country, blues, etc., and not the hard rock sound that VH would later master).

Matt White
08-24-2005, 02:26 AM
LIFE'S RICH PAGENT is an INCREDIBLE recording....

Yup...they got all cleaned up when they moved to a major label....killed many an Indie band......

Rikk
08-24-2005, 02:33 AM
LIFE'S RICH PAGENT is an INCREDIBLE recording....

Yup...they got all cleaned up when they moved to a major label....killed many an Indie band......

Yeah, but I think they did some great work on the major label. I really enjoy the UP album...very under-rated, with a Beach Boys sound on certain tracks.

Matt White
08-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah, but I think they did some great work on the major label. I really enjoy the UP album...very under-rated, with a Beach Boys sound on certain tracks.

Tell me that's not the one with "DAYSLEEPER" on it!!!:mad:

Rikk
08-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes. Yes it is. But that's not the best song on the record. Good song, though.

Matt White
08-24-2005, 02:51 AM
Yes. Yes it is. But that's not the best song on the record. Good song, though.

Wow! I HATED that cd!!!:mad:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And you called The Tragicly Hip "Tuneless"!!!:D

To be fair...MONSTER was alright....I just liked 'em better when they had a bit more cuntry goin' on!

Same with WILCO...LARVE A.M. & BEING THERE...not so much the next three....

Bet you dig SUMMER TEETH...Big BEACH BOYS influence going on there........

Ever listen to THE DRIVE BY TRUCKERS much?

Rikk
08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
NO COMPARISON with the TRAGICALLY SHIT and R.E.M. R.E.M. write tunes with great melodies and interesting instrumentation. THE TRAGICALLY SHIT always have the same sound, and they barely ever write a melody...it's just wailing with pretentious lyrics. Furthermore, they barely ever change keys and very rarely use interesting chords.

UP was a very good album. I also liked MONSTER, but it had some filler. NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI was really good, actually.

Matt White
08-24-2005, 03:11 AM
HAHA!!! But this is supposed to be about bands we hate!!!:p

Lets see.....

OH FUCK YEAH!!!:mad: THE GRATEFUL DEAD!!!:mad:

Worst Fucking dreck I've ever had to listen to!!!

I hate them more than BILL hates BOB!!!:mad:

Rikk
08-24-2005, 03:17 AM
The Dead? I don't hate 'em just so much as some of their stuff I'm indifferent to. But I don't mind 'em. Tell ya one thing, they're not half as good as THE BAND...a band they're often compared to.

I like so many classic bands. I tend to try to find the best in certain bands. But some bands just piss me off. A lot of the shit I hate is the over-rated commercial crap at the time. AVRIL LAVIGNE, NICKELBACK...

jero
08-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Every grunge band
And everything with rap on it.

Thats allmost 99%

Matt White
08-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Argh!!!

Limp Bisket, The Offspring, My Chemical Romance, Dave Matthews, Fiona Apple, Marcy's Playground, MatchBox 20, etc...

PHISH!!!:mad:

Rikk
Originally posted by jero
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Every grunge band
And everything with rap on it.

Thats allmost 99%

:mad:

Rikk
Argh!!!

Limp Bisket, The Offspring, My Chemical Romance, Dave Matthews, Fiona Apple, Marcy's Playground, MatchBox 20, etc...

PHISH!!!:mad:

Actually, being a fan of some rap, I don't mind LIMP BIZKIT. And I don't mind OFFSPRING. But I have everything else on that list.

Matt White
08-24-2005, 03:29 AM
There's just so much faceless, formula music made...and there always has been.

I always HATE when a new artist is proclaimed THE NEXT BIG THING before their debute is even out!!!

I remember reading how HUGE & IMPORTANT Norah Jones was...months before her cd was out....

Now...I think the fact that she was on CLIVE DAVIS' label might have played a part in that push! I mean...she's talented...but the overkill just turned me off!!!:D

Kinda like the STROKES....

Soul Reaper
08-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Coldplay, I don't know what the big deal is about them.

ThrillsNSpills
08-24-2005, 08:11 AM
The REM song Losing my Religion makes me want to jump out a window or destroy the radio. I would get off the john and walk bow-legged to the radio to destroy it, How does power whining for 3 minutes constitute entertainment?

But in their defense they have done some uptempo numbers before that that were tolerable.

I never got the U2 either. The guitarist uses his delay too much (jingly, probably good for Christmas time)

Melissa Ethridge (there is a place in the universe for bitching) leave music out of it, thanks.

Joe Walsh indeed was brilliant in the James Gang. I respect the Eagles for their harmonies and country sensibilites, I just don't get it. I like my tunage to be more dangerous or something, raw and underproduced

Metallica- This one frustrates me, because I want to love em (it's hard rock after all ) but they're almost too angry or something. (I get the feeling that someone throws Hetfield some raw meat and he knaws it off the bone growling) BUT, I thought they were great on the Queen tribute show, cos they weren't doing their songs.

I never considered how overplayed the Skynyrd would be in Alabama. Shame really, too much of a good thing spoils it.

Pearl Jam might be ok if they didn't have the Hamburgular singing for them. (robble robble robble) What is he saying?
Do they just prop him up to the microphone?

Soul Reaper
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
My Chemical Romance
Good Charlotte
Jimmy Eats World
G Unit
Linkin Park
Korn

aesop
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
You fucking with me right, I Fucking Love The Cars, They sucked ass live, But kicked major ass on record.

LOL. No, sorry dude. The Cars blow. :cheese:

BrownSound1
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Widespread Panic...now there's a band that sucks ass, but they don't get airplay so no biggie.

Poison..no explanation needed.

Steve Miller Band...zzzzzzzz

Supertramp...gay as George Michael in a dress.

ThrillsNSpills
08-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Steve Miller was the king of plagurism.

Rock N Me ripped off All Right Now

The Stake was Rocky Mountain Way.

And Space Cowboy was the riff from Lady Madonna.

His early stuff with Boz Scaggs was better than his you write it, I lift it period.

Mr. Vengeance
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
If I hear Creed or Staind or any of those downtuned bands, I'm hitting another station.

rustoffa
08-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Has Janis Joplin been mentioned? I guess it's some kind of blues rock/stinky acid whore fusion.

I can appreciate a primal rock and roll scream with the best of 'em, but that bitch just sounds like she's having her uterus ripped out with a toe truck.

I can also personally attest to the shit causing people to self-mutilate themselves.

This guy back home threw this huge bon fire party one night....moonshine...you know the deal.

Anyway, his wife put on some Janis Joplin thing and wouldn't turn it off...some metal head fucker started arguing with her and just demanded she change the music. The dude that threw the party was like, "dude, is it that fucking bad?....take it easy" or some shit.

The metal head fucker was like, "hell fucking yes it's that bad...it fucking sucks!" or some shit.

The dude that threw the party was like, "well why don't you do something about it motherfucker!?"

I thought there was gonna be a fight, but the metal head dude just THREW HIMSELF INTO THE FIRE!!!!!

Crystalline focus right there.

BrownSound1
08-25-2005, 02:12 AM
ROTFLMAO!!! If that had been in Alabama the guy throwing the party would have said, "well do something about it, sumbitch," instead of motherfucker.

Soul Reaper
08-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Franz Ferdinand anyone?

diamondsgirl
08-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I can't stand the Doobie Brothers.

Blech.

Three Lock Rock
08-25-2005, 02:30 PM
The doobiz?! Thats real rocknroll you stupidd bitcch.

Three Lock(Eatin alll tha pussy....and whutever else comes my way.)

Big Fat Sammy
08-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh I'll piss some people off with this one...

I hate Lynyrd Skynyrd. If you motherfuckers had to hear Sweet Home Alabama every day of your fuckin' life you would too. Also, if I never hear Freebird again it'll be too soon. I didn't used to hate them, but radio here just overplays the fuck out of them.

REM...they can bite my ass.

Def Leppard post Pyromania...I'll change it in about 2 seconds if I hear anything post Pyromania come on...except for the song Women.

Molly Hatchet....too NASAL.

Jethro Tull.... I'm sorry folks, but that is the biggest horseshit of a band ever. Jimmy Page once came up with a live album name for them, if they had ever recorded in Los Angeles. "Jethro Tull: Bore 'em at The Forum" Seriously, I had rather listen to Sammy Hagar!

Neil Young....Don't understand the appeal. He sucks as a singer, and sucks as a guitarist.

I can go on and on.

Now to the person who said none of the Eagles were worth a shit. Well I have to disagree with that. Joe Walsh fuckin' rocks. Go back and dig into some James Gang. Hell I like the Eagles as a band so there you go.

Some of you have mentioned Rush. I like some Rush, but I can only take it in small doses. They are all great musicians, no doubt about that, and I respect them for that. Basically that is musician's music...the only people who can appreciate what they are doing are musicians.

I just can't get to Joe Walsh at all. But I agree about Skynard...I'm from the South too...and it's so overplayed everywhere...radio, bar bands, etc...and I wanna like them...I love the singers voice and all...but would never play any on my own freewill. It's just a case of Skynard burnout....but if I was foced to choose, I would take the two songs you mentioned over "cuttin' the rug down at a place called the jug" ANYDAY! :D

Gimme Three Steps will make you lose your mind...runt duh nanana na na ..na na na.

Agree with the rest exept Neil Young. ALOT of his stuff does suck though. His solo on Down By The River is why I learned guitar...he had the nerve to play the same 36 notes in a row...it sounded cool to me, and I thought "I can do that!"

diamondsgirl
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock

The Doobies are about as boring as you are dumb.

dg...kickin ass and takin' names :D

Mr. Vengeance
08-25-2005, 03:12 PM

I'd imagine that;s a whole lotta fat, smelly, skanky, COCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
08-25-2005, 03:16 PM
BON JOVI
Indie bands
BON JOVI
So called "Pop-Punk" bands
BON JOVI
Busted/McFly/Noise Next Door
BON JOVI
Punk bands
BON JOVI
Maroon 5
BON JOVI
Guns N Roses after "Appetite..."
BON JOVI

Soul Reaper
08-25-2005, 03:43 PM

my, my, aren't you feeling liek a CUNT today?!!

Last_Child
08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
All that Crap Bands that comes from Britain (Indie Rock Like Bloc Party)..

:mad: BON JOVI:mad:

FUCK THEY BLOW!!:mad:

AAARGH!!

And we have all The Fucking One Hit Wonders That goes into the top 20 and gets overplayed by the radio stations and pisses everyone off (Except for some Teenagers with extremely bad Musical Taste).:mad: :mad:

Northern Girl
08-27-2005, 07:52 PM
OK. I just heard a Tom Petty song, and I have to say he bores me a lot. But I can't say I hate him, because he has had a couple tunes I like. Have never heard or owned a whole album though. Only heard the singles, so maybe I'm missing out???

thome
08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I dont hate ,well a little ,Elton John, anything after Yellow Brick Road.

1973 was that it, whats the deal since then .ZERO

Yet he is as popular as the freekin Stones.

The order of the Garter (knighthood) what is UP!

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I'll tell you right now....U2. I'm sorry but I cant stand Bono. Who the fuck is this guy anyway. ?? I loved them back in the day..you know..BOY/WAR/JOSHUA TREE....after RATTLE AND HUM I tuned out. Cant fucking stand them. I cannot believe they are known as one of the greatest rock acts right now...christ.

franksters
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
i fuckin hate the fuckin eagles, can't stand them:mad:

i also hate oasis and coldplay,doobie brothers, nazareth boston foreigner chilliwack loverboy

franksters
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
ccr bto elo :fyi I fuckin hate those too!

Fairwrning
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM

dude..come to Roanoke,Va....talk about overplayed..my god...every hour..you will hear Skynard..and then the local station plays only requests at lunch hour..and everyday some fucker calls in for Skynard..i can tolerate..but damn..gimme a break!!!

fe_lung
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
The big ones for me would be:
Train - God they suck
Greatful Dead - Hippies blow
Dave Matthews - only concert I've ever walked out of and I've seen some shit bands...
Smashing Bumpkins - Fucking whiner
Skynard - As Kilbourne once said, southern rock is for musicians that can't master the complexities of country.
Lennon & McCartney. - I grew up after the beatles when john made unlistenable albums and paul made records with michael jackson, so fuck both of them!
John Mayer - snore!
Kiss - Just never got it. Maybe it's me.. I do like Gene's vh1 show, though.

fe_lung
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by franksters
ccr bto elo :fyi I fuckin hate those too!

Dude, Credence? Really?

BITEYOASS
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Off the top of my head:

The Doors

The Police/Sting

Steve Miller Band

Dire Straits

Ok I'll agree with every band you mentioned except the Doors. Don't blame Jim if the damn radio stations play the same 5 songs from them all the time. I prefer to hear the Doors uncensored and unedited myself.

FORD
09-06-2005, 11:13 PM

The biggest example I can think of is a Canadian band called the TRAGICALLY HIP. I fucking hate them with a passion. Tuneless, non-melodic, bad FM rock. No style, originality...all garbage. And they're big with working class Canadians...good for them. Thank Christ these idiots never made it in the States.

They came close to a hit with a couple songs. Ironically, the biggest hit they had here was "New Orleans is Sinking". :(

And that one might be getting some airplay right about now. I've heard it at least once on the radio (after not hearing it for years)

FORD
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Let's see.....

Steely Dan, Reo Speedwagon, Steely Dan, Styx including and after Mr. Roboto, Steely Dan, Journey after Jonathan Cain joined the band, Steely Dan, Rod Stewart after the Faces broke up (disco, cheese, crap and now 40's shit???), Steely Dan, David Gilmour's Fake Floyd, Steely Dan, Sting without the Police, Ronnie Van Zant's little brother and the Skynyrd tribute band, Steely Dan, Any fucking cheese ballad writing hair band from the late 80's, Steely Dan, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, and all other boybands posing as "punk", Steely Dan, Chicago after Terry Kath died, Steely Dan, REM after Bill Berry almost died and quit the band anyway, Steely Dan, Coldplay (You aren't U2. Fucking get over it!), Steely Dan, The Darkness (Just can't get past the guy's fake voice shit), Creed with or without that fucking Vedder wannabe Stapp, and did I mention that I really really fucking despise Steely Dan?

OH, one more thing......

U2 haters can suck my ass! :mad:

fe_lung
09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
L

U2 haters can suck my ass! :mad:

I'm with you there, but how do you feel about Steely Dan?

FORD
09-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
I'm with you there, but how do you feel about Steely Dan?

They make Van Hagar look talented.

Hardrock69
09-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Any Lynyrd Skynyrd
Any Bob Seeger
Any Posin
Any van hagar
Any non Montrose Spambo The Flatulent...I dig the songs on the early Montrose albums, though these days even hearing Spambo fart irritates the shit out of me....

The REM song Losing my Religion makes me want to jump out a window or destroy the radio. I would get off the john and walk bow-legged to the radio to destroy it, How does power whining for 3 minutes constitute entertainment?

When I hear that goddamnable piece of fucking shit pussy music, it makes me want to find where he is playing, and remove the top of his skull with a rusty chainsaw, pour some powder made up of crumbled up old 4th o' Jew-lye sparklers on his brain and a wee bit of 10W-30, and add a lit match....

THAT would give that fucking crybaby something to cry about....fucking pathetic loser....

Nitro Express
09-07-2005, 01:08 AM
REM

U2 after the 80's

Sting as a solo artist

The Darkness (Worse than Spinal Tap, may I say a Saturday Night Life parody of a rock and roll band)

Dave Mathews Band (They dumped their shit in the Chicago River from their tour bus septic tank)

Shaun Ponsonby
09-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

The Darkness (Worse than Spinal Tap, may I say a Saturday Night Life parody of a rock and roll band)

The Darkness aren't a parody band. If that was the case, then they wouldn't have spent 3 or 4 years playing bars wearing catsuits. It would have been a fucking waste of their lives.

Last_Child
09-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Argh!

Supertramp!
I've heard The Logical Song & Goodbye Stranger Too Many fucking times.

Mezro
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Mezro..now this fucker I hate...talented?...sure...given a gift?...yeap...wasting her life all coked up and nutty?...snicker...guess that is her prerogative...

fe_lung
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Mezro..now this fucker I hate...talented?...sure...given a gift?...yeap...wasting her life all coked up and nutty?...snicker...guess that is her prerogative...

Hey now, you can't prove Whitney takes drugs. Like she said, show us the receipts for these so called crack purchases!

Mezro
09-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Mezro...crack is whack...LOL...she is pretty funny to watch...

franksters
09-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Dude, Credence? Really?

may sound stoopid but what do you mean?

fe_lung
09-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by franksters
may sound stoopid but what do you mean?

I mean I can't fathom somebody hating Creedence. I could understand not owning every album or something, but just flat out not liking them.... Shocked I am! Shocked!

FasterPussycat
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Motley Crue... ugh can't stand them!!!

Little Texan
09-08-2005, 12:31 AM
REM
U2
Bob Seger (can't stand his voice)
Rush (boring...zzzzzzzzzz)
Steve Miller (ditto)
Staind (can't stand that voice)
Eagles
James Taylor (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
Candlebox
Tesla
Limp Biscuit
Kid Rock
George Thoroughlybad
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen
Poison
Pearl Jam post-10
Metallica post-Black Album
many more that I can't think of off hand

diamondsgirl
09-08-2005, 02:27 AM
I mean I can't fathom somebody hating Creedence. I could understand not owning every album or something, but just flat out not liking them.... Shocked I am! Shocked!

me too

fucking love so many Creedence tunes :)

ThrillsNSpills
09-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I thought that Poison and Bon Jovi were too obvious to put in this thread.

Good call on post Terry Kath/Chicago era. Kath was a monster on guitar especially for the time.

Vinnie Velvet
09-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Nirvana.

Although not really a band anymore for obvious reasons, I hate this band with a passion! :mad:

They completely destroyed the 'guitar hero', the hard rock bands and heavy metal.

To the life of me, I can't see why this band was every successful in the first place.

Their music was uninspiring and boring. The lyrics were stupid and everything from the guitar playing to the singing FUCKING SUCKED BALLS!!

And people talk about Kurt's songwriting. Fucking SHIT. This guy was as bad as Hagar. Can't fucking write songs WORTH SHIT!

And of course, this band spawned another band that was even worse, the FOO FIGHTERS.

Dave Grohl is a fucking bitch.

Fuck him and his stupid band and lame music.

Dave's Bitch
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Queen
Pink Floyd
Greenday
Foo Fighters
Nirvana

Soul Reaper
09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
Queen
Pink Floyd
Greenday
Foo Fighters
Nirvana

Hey now!

I disagree with ALL of that list

Dave's Bitch
09-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Hey now!

I disagree with ALL of that list

just my opinion

Shaun Ponsonby
09-08-2005, 02:18 PM
I only totally disagree with the first 2, then again I don't think Queen and Pink Floyd care that you hate them, I mean, they are 2 of the biggest bands in the world.

I have nothing really against the Foo Fighters, but I do hate Green Day and Nirvana. I mean, Nirvana, talk about overrated, and Green Day, get Billy Elloit out of your fucking video.

Dave IS VH
09-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Successful Bands That You Hate

"Northern Girl", I don't know where to even fucking start!

All Rapers, (Because Rap Music sucks)

barbara Strastoin ,(I know the name is spelled wrong, but I don't give a shit).

of course there are Nysnc, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, J LO and etc.

Barry Matterloop, (spelled his name wrong also)

Dave matthews Band, (which I always thought wore overrated) " big time"

UB40 (never wrote any of their own songs)

some of this new rock/Metal like Slipnot, system of a Down, Limp Biscot, (they just scream to Guitar and can't sing)

Raping to Rock music, (they think their cool, but really aren't)

That is just a few of them, there are too many to name. ;)

Little Texan
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Dave Matthews Band...I knew I forgot one...they SUCK!!!!

And I hate ALL rap rock.

Northern Girl
09-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Dave Matthews Band...I knew I forgot one...they SUCK!!

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

Northern Girl
09-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Ok I'll agree with every band you mentioned except the Doors. Don't blame Jim if the damn radio stations play the same 5 songs from them all the time. I prefer to hear the Doors uncensored and unedited myself.

Yes, I seem to be the only one who mentioned the Doors. Maybe I'm missing something. But if what I hear on the radio is the cream of their crop, I say plow them under. LOL. If you can recommnd some songs that will change my mind, please enlighten me. I'm open.

A few other yawn inducers to add to my list that others have mentioned:

Eagles
Doobie Brothers
Boston

And those of you who don't like the Foo Fighters - Fuck You! ;)

SammySucks1984
09-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Green day

Little Texan
09-10-2005, 02:08 PM
And those of you who don't like the Foo Fighters - Fuck You! ;)

Amen

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Yes, I seem to be the only one who mentioned the Doors. Maybe I'm missing something. But if what I hear on the radio is the cream of their crop, I say plow them under. LOL. If you can recommnd some songs that will change my mind, please enlighten me. I'm open.

;)

Peace Frog :)

Figs
09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Without counting rap or top 40 crap.....

Springsteen
Seger
Styx
Bon Jovi
Steve Miller

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
where's the love for Steve Miller?

http://www.fortune3.com/~comp72048/32732992.gif

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 03:04 PM
The 2 that top my list are, hmmm--

Pink Floyd. The really haven't been close to relevant in 20 years or more, and Lenny Kravitz. His songs are 1 giant chorus, over and over and over and over.

I want to get away, I want to fly away, fly, fly, fly

I want to get away

I want to get away

American Woman

American Woman

American Woman

American Woman!

It's mind-numbing

Northern Girl
09-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Peace Frog :)

There's one. Anyone else?

Mezro? Didn't you say the Doors were one of your favorite bands?

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Crazy Frog is strangely successful....and I hate it

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
and Lenny Kravitz. His songs are 1 giant chorus, over and over and over and over.

I want to get away

I want to get away

that whole song sounds like a 6 year old wrote it

I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly

wtf?

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
that whole song sounds like a 6 year old wrote it

I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly

wtf?

probably on drugs when he wrote the song

FORD
09-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
The 2 that top my list are, hmmm--

Pink Floyd. The really haven't been close to relevant in 20 years or more,

That's because Pink Floyd broke up in 1982. The two Gilmour solo albums that followed that were NOT Pink Floyd.

and Lenny Kravitz. His songs are 1 giant chorus, over and over and over and over.

I want to get away

I want to get away

American Woman

American Woman

American Woman

American Woman!

It's mind-numbing

Kravitz didn't write American Woman.
http://www.techwebsound.com/The%20Guess%20Who%20-%20American%20Woman.jpg
These crazy Hosers did......

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Soundgarden did the best version of American Woman. 'Nuff said.

Nitro Express
09-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Like Edward Van Halen, Whitney pissed it all away.

thome
09-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Soundgarden did the best version of American Woman. 'Nuff said.

Never heard it, is it on a release? or some boot .

I dont have any sound garden Cds could you recomend one? Thanks.

Loons The Great
09-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by thome
Never heard it, is it on a release? or some boot .

I dont have any sound garden Cds could you recomend one? Thanks.

Some bootleg. Badmotorfinger is a pretty good place to start nah yez.

Loons The Great
09-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Like Edward Van Halen, Whitney pissed it all away.

That's her perogotive. I'd say she sniffed it all away.:D

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 09:43 AM
U2..now not in the 80's.

Dave's Bitch
09-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Nirvana.

Although not really a band anymore for obvious reasons, I hate this band with a passion! :mad:

They completely destroyed the 'guitar hero', the hard rock bands and heavy metal.

To the life of me, I can't see why this band was every successful in the first place.

Their music was uninspiring and boring. The lyrics were stupid and everything from the guitar playing to the singing FUCKING SUCKED BALLS!!

And people talk about Kurt's songwriting. Fucking SHIT. This guy was as bad as Hagar. Can't fucking write songs WORTH SHIT!

And of course, this band spawned another band that was even worse, the FOO FIGHTERS.

Dave Grohl is a fucking bitch.

Fuck him and his stupid band and lame music.

Amen VV

Sean'roth'
09-14-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd have to say ACDC and U2

DrMaddVibe
09-14-2005, 07:16 AM
ANY fucking rap bullshit.