Name him................or her.

ELVIS
03-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Bill Clinton

FORD
03-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Bill Clinton

Not eligible for the job, under the 22nd ammendment.

Kerry will either go with Wes Clark or else who ever his DLC (Republican) puppet masters tell him to put on the ticket.

BigBadBrian
03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Not eligible for the job, under the 22nd ammendment.

Kerry will either go with Wes Clark or else who ever his DLC (Republican) puppet masters tell him to put on the ticket.

C'mon dude, I posted this seriously so people could honestly post who they feel, whether they like Kerry or not, would give him the best shot. Clark may not be a bad choice, but I think alot of liberals would tire of that "war hero" schtick that would inevitably result.

lucky wilbury
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM
technically clinton is eligable since that only applies to a term limit on the same postion ie: pres. i say kerry nominates a bottle of ketchup or the guy that invented ego's.

BigBadBrian
03-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
technically clinton is eligable since that only applies to a term limit on the same postion ie: pres. i say kerry nominates a bottle of ketchup or the guy that invented ego's.

Nah, I think FORD's probably correct here. It would inevitably end up at the SCOTUS, taking attention away from the election itself. Maybe the Dems could hire that Boies character again. :gulp:

FORD
03-21-2004, 07:05 PM
The constitution says that the Vice President must be someone who is legally eligible to become President. That used to mean simply that the VP must be a born US citizen and over 35. But under the 22nd Ammendment, Bill Clinton isn't eligible to become President again, so he can't be VP either.

FORD
03-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
C'mon dude, I posted this seriously so people could honestly post who they feel, whether they like Kerry or not, would give him the best shot. Clark may not be a bad choice, but I think alot of liberals would tire of that "war hero" schtick that would inevitably result.

Actually, I was being completely serious. A lot of the Judasbots over at DU are pushing for Clark because they think it will elevate Judas' credibility on national security and war/defense related shit. And since the DLC chose Judas, they will likely pick another one of their own for his running mate.

Party unity my ass.

Cathedral
03-22-2004, 11:43 AM
The perfect team would be made up of 1 Democrat and 1 Republican, get rid of Corproate Support of the political process and we may have a shot at changing the course of our current path to the future.

I still say Kerry will go for John Edwards....The John-John Ticket...

FORD
03-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
The perfect team would be made up of 1 Democrat and 1 Republican, get rid of Corproate Support of the political process and we may have a shot at changing the course of our current path to the future.

I still say Kerry will go for John Edwards....The John-John Ticket...

There ARE rumors of a Kerry/McCain ticket, and McCain used to be against corporatism, as one of the authors of the campaign finance reform bill. But in recent years, he's supported Junior a little too often, and if I'm not mistaken is even the state co-chair of Junior's campaign. So obviously, it would be a huge conflict of interest for him to run with Judas.

BigBadBrian
03-22-2004, 12:16 PM
There ARE rumors of a Kerry/McCain ticket

.....and said publicly yesterday that he absolutely would not accept such a deal and will continue to campaign for Bush's reelection.

I could support a Kerry/McCain ticket as long as a fatal skiing accident on the former was involved. :gulp:

John Ashcroft
03-22-2004, 12:21 PM
There ARE rumors of a Kerry/McCain ticket, and McCain used to be against corporatism, as one of the authors of the campaign finance reform bill. But in recent years, he's supported Junior a little too often, and if I'm not mistaken is even the state co-chair of Junior's campaign. So obviously, it would be a huge conflict of interest for him to run with Judas.

You mean the richest, most bought man in the Senate as Pres, and the author of the "Incumbant Protection Act" (complete with built in loop holes that they are both pursuing) as VP running against "Corporatism"??? The mere mention invokes laughter

FORD
03-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
.....and said publicly yesterday that he absolutely would not accept such a deal and will continue to campaign for Bush's reelection.

I could support a Kerry/McCain ticket as long as a fatal skiing accident on the former was involved. :gulp:

Talk to the BCE. They managed to take out Sonny Bono and one of the Kennedys that way within the same week.

John Ashcroft
03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
And I've recently "contracted" a bone spur... That fuckin' BCE is crafty, I'll give them that!