PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with Page and Plant

Unchainme
08-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I was flipping through the tv the other day, and I flipped on PBs, and I saw Plant, and he was recording A ROCKABILLY, And page was with him in the studios, And I was like what the hell, Arn't you guys supposed to be recording I don't no maybe Zeppelin style song. Page your a fucking Guitar legend Fucking act like it. What the hell has happened to 'em?

DLR7884
08-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Zeppelin wasn't just a rock band.

DLR7884
They covered the entire spectrum of music, why does them doing a rockabilly song surprise you so much?

Mr. Vengeance
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
See "Hot Dog", from In Through The Out Door

Unchainme
08-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Zeppelin wasn't just a rock band.

DLR7884
They covered the entire spectrum of music, why does them doing a rockabilly song surprise you so much?

Its just completely opposite of what i'd expect, I mean all the stories I've heard with Page doing all this stuff, (EX. Playing The Guitar like a Viaolin Bow.). It just doesn't sound Zeppelin-esque to do a Rockabilly song, like that. I guess a point could be made that CVH did Happy Trails, That sounded nothing like any of their other stuff.

DLR7884
08-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Its just completely opposite of what i'd expect, I mean all the stories I've heard with Page doing all this stuff, (EX. Playing The Guitar like a Viaolin Bow.). It just doesn't sound Zeppelin-esque to do a Rockabilly song, like that. I guess a point could be made that CVH did Happy Trails, That sounded nothing like any of their other stuff.

You obviously aren't a huge Zep fan, so I won't hold it against you.

Go buy their records, they are as diverse as a rock band can get.

DLR7884
Seriously, do yourself a favor, BUY THEM ALL!

Redballjets88
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
i hate zepplin no offence i think they are great musicians and i respect them but i just cant stand them due to the fact that everyday i see the same old douche bags wearing thei lepplin shirts when i know they dont even listen to them

maybe i should just hate people even more than i already do

rustoffa
08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
What about that Honeydrippers deal?

FUCK! The whole thing is loosely connected to ROTH! Nile Rogers was in on that Honeydrippers deal where they did a Rockabilly number, and was also in on Dave's Vegas band!

Wot a twisted fucking web!

Rikk
08-25-2005, 11:33 PM
They did tons of rockabilly during their encores and middle-song jams. They grew up on Elvis and rockabilly.

Wawazat
08-26-2005, 02:08 AM
I love Zep and most of Page / Plant Solo Output.

If there will be new stuff iŽll try it anyway.

Loons The Great
08-28-2005, 07:54 PM
"My Bucket's Got A Hole In It" is the name of the tune they covered for a tribute to Sun records. Great version of this tune.

Loons The Great
08-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
They did tons of rockabilly during their encores and middle-song jams. They grew up on Elvis and rockabilly.

There it iz...there medleys always included Ricky Nelson, 'Vis, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, etc etc and so on and so forth ad infiniitim...