PDA

View Full Version : US Border Patrol Helicopter Downed By Thrown Rocks

LoungeMachine
08-25-2005, 08:45 PM
U.S. border patrol helicopter downed by illegals
Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:20 PM ET

By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A U.S. Border Patrol helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing after illegal immigrants pelted it with baseball-sized rocks, damaging a rotor, a spokesman for the agency said on Thursday.

There were no injuries as the helicopter's pilot was able to set the aircraft down just north of the All American Canal on the border between the U.S. and Mexico, Border Patrol spokesman Michael Gramley said.

Authorities say smugglers are becoming increasingly willing to use violence against border patrol agents as their trade becomes more profitable, with smugglers able to earn about $2,000 per person.

The helicopter pilot was responding to a call for help from agents on the ground on Tuesday evening when about 10 people on the south bank of the canal began hurling large rocks at the aircraft.

"One of the rocks struck one of the three rotors and the pilot instantly felt a bad vibration as he was flying," Gramley said. "He immediately made an emergency landing approximately 1 mile east of the incident."

Gramley said agents on the ground caught 17 people who had crossed to the north side of the canal but most of the 10 seen throwing rocks escaped back across the border. Mexican authorities were contacted but did not arrest them, he said.

"We believe these 10 subjects were involved in alien smuggling," he said. "We've seen an increased trend in the Yuma (Arizona) sector of violence by smugglers toward agents." The incident took place on the California-Mexico border close to the Arizona state line.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Nitro Express
08-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Time to use Apache helecopters on the border and open the guns up.

BigBadBrian
08-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

Exactly.

:gun:

Seshmeister
08-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Time to stop spending billions with shitty defence contractors that own our politicians.

Satan
08-26-2005, 08:07 PM
They must have let AssProwler fly the chopper. Bad move.... the rocks hit him because he was only 10 feet off the ground.

Nickdfresh
08-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Exactly.

:gun:

Sorry boys, they're all in IRAQ protecting their border...

Big Train
08-27-2005, 03:07 AM
Yea , that's it...let's gun them down. Of course, would solve ALL our problems.

Even smarter, let's stop the war, bring the boys home and have them shoot Mexicans, cuz it would protect your jobs and keep them away from your daughters.

Or we could let them in, pay them shit, then eat "Taquitos" in fun, low rent resturants, showing off our white guilt and college approved diversity training, discussing the merits of Cesar Chavez...

Libs and conservatives both are fucked up on this issue.

FORD
08-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Big Train

Even smarter, let's stop the war, bring the boys home and have them shoot Mexicans, cuz it would protect your jobs and keep them away from your daughters.

Or we could let them in, pay them shit, then eat "Taquitos" in fun, low rent resturants, showing off our white guilt and college approved diversity training, discussing the merits of Cesar Chavez...

Securing OUR borders would make a Hell of a lot more sense than wasting billions on an occupation of some fucking desert shithole that never had a goddamn thing to do with the security of THIS country.

Now this doesn't mean i'm ignorant of how the economy of many states (agriculture especially) is tied to illegal immigration. But the fact that the BCE is wasting hundreds of billions And killing Iraqi's for no goddamn good reason, while thousands of Mexicans (and God knows who else) walks across our swiss cheese border like it didn't exist is just the height of hypocrisy. Nothing against Hispanics.. hell I got Mexican punk rockers living next door and they're damn great people, but (as recent statistics indicate) the guys walking in might not be Pedro and Jose, but possibly Achmed and Osama as well.

Granted, some of these articles suggesting this could be PNAC propaganda, but the porous borders nonetheless are a bigger security risk to America than some fucking hellhole in the Middle East will ever be.

Nickdfresh
08-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

Amen...

**Holy fuck!** did I just say "amen" to a Big TRAIN post? Oh wait, I see four emaciated horsemen riding in over the horizon, that explains everything...

Nickdfresh
08-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Securing OUR borders would make a Hell of a lot more sense than wasting billions on an occupation of some fucking desert shithole that never had a goddamn thing to do with the security of THIS country.

Now this doesn't mean i'm ignorant of how the economy of many states (agriculture especially) is tied to illegal immigration. But the fact that the BCE is wasting hundreds of billions And killing Iraqi's for no goddamn good reason, while thousands of Mexicans (and God knows who else) walks across our swiss cheese border like it didn't exist is just the height of hypocrisy. Nothing against Hispanics.. hell I got Mexican punk rockers living next door and they're damn great people, but (as recent statistics indicate) the guys walking in might not be Pedro and Jose, but possibly Achmed and Osama as well.

Granted, some of these articles suggesting this could be PNAC propaganda, but the porous borders nonetheless are a bigger security risk to America than some fucking hellhole in the Middle East will ever be.

Good points as well.

I'm waiting for RUMMY's next "those goddamned Iranians and Syrians better secure their borders" article so I can use it as an example of irony (http://www.fas.org/asmp/library/articles/us-mexico.htm) if and when I get to teach English this fall...:)

LoungeMachine
08-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD

, but the porous borders nonetheless are a bigger security risk to America than some fucking hellhole in the Middle East will ever be.

Truer words have never been spoken.

When [not if] we are hit next, and we find that they came across the Mexican Border, what will the Neo-Cons say then ???

It was Clinton's fault?

Big Train
08-28-2005, 04:05 AM
OK, I'm NOT saying let's not secure our borders. I'm saying the ONLY way to secure our borders is to think a bit about it. Why are they coming here (Mexicans)? Why so many? What can we do to give them incentive to stay where they are? Answering that question is the only way we will ever be able to secure our borders. The scope of the job is too damn big, unless you where to put 2/3 of our armed forces on the border.

Giving them incentive to stay (My two key points have always been foreign investment in mexico and STRONG pressure on the government to get their house in order) is the only way to make the border manageable to be secured. Otherwise it's trying to keep water out with a broom...you can push it out, but it will keep coming back.