PDA

View Full Version : F@#%ED Up Rock Stories and Acedotes

Nickdfresh
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
First off: David BOWIE

I heard this today on a local station:

It was the mid-seventies, and a young CAMERON CROWE was just hired by ROLLINGSTONE Magazine. One of his early assignments was to interview the enigmatic David BOWIE...

During the middle of the interview, Crowe says that BOWIE becomes visibly upset, quickly gets up, and pulls down a shade over his hotel room window revealing an "ohm" symbol. He then lights a black candle and the lithe glam rocker begins to chant and beckons Crowe to do the same, which he does to humor David...

The interview resumes after about 20 minutes of this, and CROWE asks BOWIE what that was all about...DAVID tells him something to the effect that he saw a phantom body fall down from the ceiling and land on the floor, and that he often has disturbing visions like this...

BOWIE would later say that he was haunted by such eerie spectres into the early 1980's...

Romeo Delight
08-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Wasn't Bowie doing copious amount of blow during that time?

A very sad story about a former friend of mine...doing so much blow that he seriously thought that "the dinosaurs had come back and had taken a bite out of the World Trade Centre (9/11)"

Bad fucking news those coke-induced hallucinations :mad:

NAHTAN
08-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah, makes you wonder what EVH is seeing these days.........

Romeo Delight
08-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by NAHTAN
Yeah, makes you wonder what EVH is seeing these days.........

Fuck off dipshit, the only one hallucinating is that tub of lard Hagar, thinking Ed will join him on his Sammypalooza beach party wankfest with Montrose backing him up.

Take your own advice - go back to: http://redrocker.com/

Hardrock69
08-28-2005, 03:17 AM
I dunno...I am pretty sure that Ed thinks any bottle of alcohol he comes near is saying "DRINK ME ED! DRINKE ME!!!"

Romeo Delight
08-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I dunno...I am pretty sure that Ed thinks any bottle of alcohol he comes near is saying "DRINK ME ED! DRINKE ME!!!"

True...

I just don't like that little puke Nahhthhthtan.

Nickdfresh
08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Wasn't Bowie doing copious amount of blow during that time?

A very sad story about a former friend of mine...doing so much blow that he seriously thought that "the dinosaurs had come back and had taken a bite out of the World Trade Centre (9/11)"

Bad fucking news those coke-induced hallucinations :mad:

I dunno' about the blow stuff, I know he did acid like everyone else back then.

But he still has an intense interest in the occult and UFOs supposedly...

FasterPussycat
08-28-2005, 03:16 PM
I had a thread about this while ago!

Michael Sweet's(Stryper) the most embarrass moment on the stage.

I've found it on the website:
http://www.newsongonline.org/michaelsweet.htm#Kickers

Kickers: Tell me about your most embarassing moment on stage.
Michael: We were playing one time in Austrailia, roaring crowd, craxy night, a really fun time. There was this guy right in front of me, at my feet ,who was tattooed from head to toe, earrings in his ears, a red bandana on his head,beard stubble , missing teeeth , he looked like a pirate. This guy was just so into it, screamin and yelling...but after 3 or 4 songs, he wasn't as into it and he kept pointing and pointing at my foot and I kep looking down and I didn't see anything. This guy kept screaming at me and pinting, so I looked down and I finally saw something, what appeared to be a rolled up piece of chewed gum , kinda like rolled up into a ball, thats what it looked like to me. For some reason my brain registered that this guy is trying to warn me that there is a piece of gum by my foot, and I am gonna step in it, he is a nice guy and he is just trying to warn me about it. Dumb me. So, I hit a chord, then I bend down and flick this thing off of the stage and its like a rock..and it goes flying way back into the crowd, and it is gone forever. The second I do that, I stand up and start playing again, and this guy is just calling me every name in the book, screamin obcenities , ready to kill me. He is holding his eye open and there is no eye....

Kickers: OH NO!

Michael: So what it was , this guy was really getting into it, and he had a glass eye, and it popped out on the stage, and he wanted his eye back..and he was trying to tell me 'hey my eye!'. But I flicked his eye into the crowd. It was just so embarrassing, I didn't know what to say or do, I couldn't even look at the guy. So for the rest of the set...he just kept screaming at me.......So anyway that's my most embarrassing moment.

Read the rest of the Kicker's Interview from 9/99 at: http://kickers.tompyles.com/sweetinterview.htm
http://www.rocking.to/Kickers/ [/B][/QUOTE]

Golden AWe
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
I think this thread was about rock and not strypers and cunts...

diamondsgirl
08-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Similar to the eyeball story...when I saw Billy Idol live in 1983 ( I think...its blurry) I had one of those 14k gold pinky fingernails with a diamond chip in it. I used it for dippin' :cool:

Anyway, it came off my finger and fell onto the stage, and he stepped on it and it got stuck to the bottom of his boot

I tried to get it by lifting up his leg, and this big security guy told be I was misbehaving too much (I had been grabbin Idol's crotch) and carried me off over his shoulder and made me take a timeout. Just for a few minutes and then he let me back.

Well, maybe its not so similar to the eyeball story. :D

Big Fat Sammy
08-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I dunno' about the blow stuff, I know he did acid like everyone else back then.

But he still has an intense interest in the occult and UFOs supposedly...

Bowie did a shitload of BLOW.

Here's a related fucked up rock story.

There is a documentary on John Frusciante (of RHCP fame) during the time he wasn't in the band and severly strung out on smack. During this time his teeth were totally rotted out and he was talking to ghosts, crapping on the floor...etc....

In the film he talks openly of doing heroin and sings and plays a few bizzare songs on acoustic guitar....he was FULLY GONE.

There was a David Bowie book on a coffee table and the interviewer asked him about it. He said he doesn't read it but likes to look at the pictures. He told of when he was a teenager he would sometimes do blow, but when he would run out and couldn't afford anymore, he would go to the bookstore. In the bookstore he would find a book about Bowie and look up the word "cocaine" in the back index, as it would have all the pages numbered where Bowie would be doing coke. He would then read those passages and get off on that, since that was the closest thing he had to more blow.

If you've ever seen this...you would find it AMAZING that he lived, and ended up healthy and in the band again.

Here's a great article from that period...
http://www.invisible-movement.net/articles/1996-laweekly/

FasterPussycat
08-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
I think this thread was about rock and not strypers and cunts...

shut the fuck up already, bitch... oh make that faggot, ass kissing bitch!!!

rustoffa
08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Similar to the eyeball story...when I saw Billy Idol live in 1983 ( I think...its blurry) I had one of those 14k gold pinky fingernails with a diamond chip in it. I used it for dippin' :cool:

Anyway, it came off my finger and fell onto the stage, and he stepped on it and it got stuck to the bottom of his boot

I tried to get it by lifting up his leg, and this big security guy told be I was misbehaving too much (I had been grabbin Idol's crotch) and carried me off over his shoulder and made me take a timeout. Just for a few minutes and then he let me back.

Well, maybe its not so similar to the eyeball story. :D

Best one so far. By far!
:D

DlocRoth
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that Frusciante shit is fucked up.

He's all skinny and perched up on the back of his couch in a ball....

That was some serious dead man walkin shit right there....

Big Fat Sammy
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Yeah, that Frusciante shit is fucked up.

He's all skinny and perched up on the back of his couch in a ball....

That was some serious dead man walkin shit right there....

He was playng a show during that time, 96 I believe...and I was gonna go, but they actually anounced on the radio that he had died, so I didn't go but a friend did. He met John briefly outside the club, said his arms looked like fried chicken when you pull the skin off..wtf? And the tattoos were gone from so many injections.

But he survived...and released something like 6-7 solo albums just last year I believe. It's very weird stuff, but there are some cool songs though.