PDA

View Full Version : 39% Say Withdraw Troops From Iraq (46% Say NO)

BigBadBrian
08-28-2005, 10:24 PM
39% Say Withdraw Troops From Iraq
Survey of 1,000 Adults

August 17-18, 2005

Should the United States withdraw its troops from Iraq at this time?

Yes 39%
No 46%
RasmussenReports.com

August 21, 2005--Thirty-nine percent (39%) of Americans say the U.S. should "withdraw its troops from Iraq at this time." A Rasmussen Reports survey found that 46% disagree and 15% are not sure.

Among those with family members who have served in the military, 34% say it is time to bring home the troops. Most in military families, 56%, disagree.

As with most questions concerning the War, there are huge partisan differences. Democrats, by a 57% to 24% margin, say it is time to bring home the troops. Republicans, by a 71% to 20% margin, disagree. Those not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided.

An earlier survey, asking a related but distinct question, found that 44% placed a higher priority on getting troops home than "finishing the mission in Iraq." In that survey, 46% said finishing the mission was more important.

Related survey data showed that 35% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Cindy Sheehan and 38% have an unfavorable view.

Forty-three percent (43%) of women and 34% of men say it is time to bring home the troops. Thirty-eight percent (38%) of women and 54% of men disagree.

Married Americans say now is not the time to withdraw troops from Iraq by a 50% to 37% margin. Among those who are not married, opinion on this question is closely divided.

When it comes to the overall War on Terror, confidence that the U.S. and its allies are winning has fallen to the lowest level ever.

Demographic details available for Premium Members.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

Rasmussen Reports was the nation's most accurate polling firm during the Presidential election and the only one to project both Bush and Kerry's vote total within half a percentage point of the actual outcome.

During Election 2004, RasmussenReports.com was also the top-ranked public opinion research site on the web. We had twice as many visitors as our nearest competitor and nearly as many as all competitors combined.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

Link (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/Perspectives%20on%20Iraq_August%2021.htm)

FORD
08-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Sure would like to see the actual questions asked and a sampling of the actual answers on something like this.

I'd be willing to bet that the 39% was for immediate witdrawal of the troops and that at least half of the other number mentioned things like timetables and exit strategies. There's no fucking way that 46% are still drinking BCE/PNAC KoolAid when Junior's approval rating is at 36%.

Those numbers add up like a Diebold database.

blueturk
08-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Pulling the troops out now isn't even realistic at this point in time. There are conflicting reports on the number of Iraqi's who are properly trained, and now there's a constitution to fight over. Obviously we're going to be over there for a while, and most Americans realize that.But the majority of them are starting to realize that it was a crock of shit to invade Iraq in the first place. Of course, a lot of us knew that to start with. But who knows? 54 years from now Bush might be regarded as a great president. But I seriously doubt it...

http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/13485012p-14325711c.html

Polls slam Bush, but history has final say
By James Rosen -- Bee Washington Bureau

Published 2:15 am PDT Sunday, August 28, 2005

WASHINGTON - As his approval numbers sink during these dog days of August, President Bush might take solace by reflecting on the roller-coaster ride through history taken by one of his predecessors.
In April 1951, shortly after he removed Gen. Douglas MacArthur from command of U.S. troops in Korea, Harry Truman hit an all-time low in presidential popularity: Only 23 percent of his countrymen approved of the Missourian's job performance.

Yet today, Truman regularly shows up as a top 10 president in scholarly polls of historians and broad surveys of Americans alike, who recognize that the Marshall Plan and NATO, key marks of his administration, helped rebuild Europe and contributed to the Western allies' victory over the Soviet Union in the Cold War.
"History not yet written will determine how Bush will be viewed a half-century from now," said Charles Franklin, a political science professor at the University of Wisconsin. "But in the short run of politics that matters day to day, Iraq is clearly a big negative weight dragging him down and potentially threatening to drag down the Republican Party in midterm elections next year."

August is normally a slow, sultry month when political news grinds to a halt and U.S. presidents join other Americans in enjoying hard-earned vacations.

But this August has broken the mold, as Cindy Sheehan and like-minded anti-war protesters dominate the media spotlight amid continuing violence and political upheaval in Iraq.

In three opinion surveys last week, Bush's approval reached the nadir of his 67 months in office - 40 percent in the Gallup Poll and the Harris Poll, 36 percent according to the American Research Group. In two of the surveys, clear majorities of Americans now consider Bush's decision to invade Iraq in March 2003 to have been a mistake.

Having gained re-election in November by defeating Sen. John Kerry, Bush needn't worry about the judgment of American voters again. Many analysts, though, say his fellow Republicans, especially House members who face midterm election campaigns already under way in some districts, fear a reverse coattail drag from Bush and his stay-the-course defiance on Iraq.

In addition to the president's bad polling numbers, Sen. Chuck Hagel, a Nebraska Republican and possible 2008 presidential candidate, fanned those fears a week ago by comparing the Iraq war to Vietnam. And Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld didn't help matters Tuesday by committing more U.S. troops to Iraq in advance of October elections - and predicting that insurgents he once dismissed as "a few thugs" would likely step up their attacks in the coming weeks.

Alan Abramowitz, a political science professor at Emory University in Atlanta, said the results of a recent special congressional election in Ohio sent shock waves through GOP ranks across the country.

In the Buckeye State's heavily Republican 2nd District, which Bush carried overwhelmingly in November, GOP candidate Jean Schmidt narrowly defeated Democrat Paul Hackett, a Marine veteran who returned from combat duty in Iraq to run a vigorous anti-war campaign.

"That sends a frightening message to Republican congressmen across the country who have to face the voters next year," Abramowitz said.

"What's driving Bush's approval rating down is the perception that Bush's happy talk about progress in Iraq is becoming less and less credible. It contradicts what people see every day when they turn on the TV."

In the fickle vicissitudes of presidential ranking, Bush has already experienced some uncommon highs and lows.

During the days following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Bush's approval rating hit 90 percent, the highest recorded since Gallup began taking that opinion measure in 1939.

Yet, Bush's approval ratings in January 2001 and January this year - both in the mid-50s - were the lowest such marks of any newly elected president since the start of World War II.

Compared with the nine presidents who preceded him, Bush's average approval rating of around 50 percent puts him in the lower middle of the pack, with only Republicans Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford and Democrat Jimmy Carter behind him.

Yet most of those predecessors endured periods when their approval ratings sank lower than Bush's has hit yet, from his father's low of 29 percent to the 35 percent mark hit by both Democrat Lyndon Johnson and Republican Ronald Reagan.

During an abbreviated term cut short by assassination, Democrat John F. Kennedy holds the mark for both the highest average mark - 70 percent - and the highest low rating, 56 percent. Americans routinely count him as one of the country's greatest presidents, but historians and political scientists often rank him lower.

Despite his impeachment over the Monica Lewinsky scandal, President Clinton finished his two-term tenure at a 65 percent approval rating - the highest ever for an outgoing president.

Franklin, the University of Wisconsin political scientist, said Bush's current low approval numbers should be especially troubling to him because they come so soon after he enjoyed major legislative triumphs.

Before adjourning for the summer, Congress passed a massive energy bill and approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement, two key measures Bush had pushed since first taking office.

Bush is partly to blame for his failure to get political credit for those congressional votes, Franklin said, because he focused so much this year on adding private accounts to Social Security, a bold initiative that has made little headway on Capitol Hill.

Franklin compares Bush's push on Social Security to Clinton's unsuccessful drive early in his first term to overhaul the country's health care system. Both reform efforts enjoyed early support among Americans, Franklin said, but steadily lost ground as their details became known and opponents piled on.

Like other experts, Franklin also compares Bush's resolve on Iraq to Johnson's refusal to back down on the U.S. military venture in Vietnam. Iraq now presents Bush with a similar dilemma Johnson faced 40 years ago.

"If presidents compromise the credibility of our military commitments with short-term troop withdrawals and a Vietnam or an Iraq falls into chaos, then it becomes an utter failure of U.S. policy," Franklin said. "But if the troops remain and casualties mount, they face declining popularity and approval ratings."

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 12:53 AM
I have serious concerns that any Government that is installed there will not stand for long and for one reason, It's an American Puppet Regime.

Right now i don't think there is a timeline worth worrying about.
As soon as we pull out the entire country will errupt in a Civil War no matter when the troops leave.
It may even begin before a pull out which will just suck our troops in like a vacume, they'll be caught in the middle.
They'll have to fight for their lives just to try and stay neutral.

Although i strongly feel we could win this war, the lack of planning and preparation from the start has just made the job tougher, longer and more dangerous for our soldiers.
That in my mind will be Bush's Legacy, and right now i don't see him as a good President at all for anyone who actually works for a living and makes less than a Million per year.

He snowballed me, and i'm not happy about that at all.
But every person i vote for in the future will have that hurdle to jump to get my vote be them a Democrat or a Republican.

I took a couple of Bush's flipping the bird pics to show my Mom and her husband, then added the comment, "He's some Christian man of faith, ain't he?"

Would you believe it, they tried to make excuses for the man's behavior.
I wonder what flavor the kool aide was they choked on, lol.

Talk about sheep, I'm related by blood to a pretty hard core BushSheep who's mind is completely closed.
"God put him in office, son", lmmfao....BULLSHIT on that too.....

FORD
08-29-2005, 01:06 AM
So God works for Cruella Harris? :confused:

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 01:09 AM
LMMFAO @ Cruella Harris!

By the way, did that bitch get a face lift or something?
She looks a bit more shaggable these days, and i'm not just saying that because she reminds me of an old girlfriend either, lol.

My woman was prettier, but similar in features.

rustoffa
08-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
As soon as we pull out the entire country will errupt in a Civil War no matter when the troops leave.
It may even begin before a pull out which will just suck our troops in like a vacume, they'll be caught in the middle.
They'll have to fight for their lives just to try and stay neutral.

It's already happening. Got any of those old "HEY IRAN!" bumper stickers with the dude shooting the bird?

Fuck, I need to go talk to a screenprinter.

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Nope, I don't do bumper stickers on my cars, lol.

But i have been wanting to paint my van up in a theme of some sort.
Now you got my wheels spinning, rustoffa.

Now if i can just get Katherine Harris out of my head.
I came across this picture of here and man, she looks quite doable to me.
Just look at those tits, man!
And she's lookin mighty fine in those jeans, lol.

I'd do her..........

rustoffa
08-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Nope, I don't do bumper stickers on my cars, lol.

But i have been wanting to paint my van up in a theme of some sort.
Now you got my wheels spinning, rustoffa.

Now if i can just get Katherine Harris out of my head.
I came across this picture of here and man, she looks quite doable to me.
Just look at those tits, man!
And she's lookin mighty fine in those jeans, lol.

I'd do her..........

Keep the whore, lose the horse.
:D

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 02:45 AM
That's a given, I have no use for a horse these days, lol.

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 02:47 AM
I would do her (not the horse, that is Jesterstar's domain)....

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 02:48 AM
Well, the above numbers mean nothing. One can be against the war, yet realize "immediate withdrawal" would be the wrong thing to do.

BBB is grasping at straws.

DrMaddVibe
08-29-2005, 07:34 AM
John McCain to Chuck Hagel: Iraq Not Vietnam

Sen. John McCain rebuked his Senate colleague and good friend Chuck Hagel on Sunday, saying that the Nebraska Republican was wrong to claim last week that Iraq was becoming another Vietnam.

"Chuck Hagel is one of my dearest and best friends and will always be that," McCain told CBS's "Face the Nation." "We just have an honest disagreement here."

McCain said that in contrast to Iraq, South Vietnam "never had a legitimate government in Saigon that the people believed in and trusted."

The Vietnam war also featured "superpower engagement in a huge way," McCain added. "We have a problem [in Iraq] with the Syrians, but nothing like what the Chinese and Russians were doing with the North Vietnamese," he said

Another difference, said McCain: "If we fail in Iraq, the results will be cataclysmic. You'll see factionalization and eventual Muslim extremism and terrorist breeding grounds that I believe will pose a direct threat to the security of the United States."

"The whole situation is just very, very different," the Arizona Republican argued.

Last week, Sen. Hagel encouraged opponents of the Iraq war by claiming, "We are locked into a bogged down problem not unsimilar, dissimilar to where we were in Vietnam."

McCain also declined an invitation from "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer to repeat his earlier criticism of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

"It does not help in any way for me to get into some kind of a fight with the secretary of defense, since he is there," McCain said, after Schieffer asked about his statement last year that he had "lost confidence" in Rumsfeld.

"We're in a crucial time in our history," McCain said. "I think that I will do everything in my power to work with the secretary of defense. His continuance - or non-continuance in office - is up to the president. And I'll support the president."

Nickdfresh
08-29-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

Iraq

******Iraq

Polls listed
chronologically. All data are from nationwide surveys of
Americans 18 & older.

Associated Press/Ipsos poll conducted by
Ipsos-Public Affairs. Aug. 22-24, 2005.
N=1,001 adults nationwide. MoE ±

"Do you approve or disapprove
of the way the Bush Administration has conducted
the war in Iraq?"

Approve

Disapprove

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

6/20-22/05

"All in all, thinking about how
things have gone in Iraq since the United States went to war there in March
2003, do you think the United States made
the right decision in going to war in Iraq
or made a mistake in going to war in Iraq?"

Right

Decision

Mistake

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

6/20-22/05

"How likely is it that a
stable, democratic government will be established in Iraq?
Is it very likely, somewhat likely, not too likely, or not at all likely?"

Likely

Not Likely

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

2/7-9/05

"Has the military action in Iraq
increased the threat of terrorism around the world, decreased the threat of
terrorism around the world, or had no effect on the threat of terrorism?"

Increased

Decreased

No Effect

Unsure

%

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

4/16-18/04

4/5-7/04

"Should the United States keep
troops in Iraq until the situation has stabilized, or should the United
States bring its troops home from Iraq
immediately?"

Keep In
Iraq

Bring

Home

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

6/20-22/05

"Do you think it is okay for
people who oppose the war in Iraq to express their opposition publicly, or
not?"

Yes

No

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

"Do you have a friend,
colleague or family member who has served in the military effort in Iraq at
any time since March 2003?"

Yes

No

Unsure

%

%

%

8/22-24/05

The Harris Poll.
Aug. 9-16, 2005. N=1,217 adults nationwide. MoE ±

"Do you favor keeping a large number of U.S. troops in
Iraq until there is a stable government there OR bringing most of our troops
home in the next year?"

Wait for
Stable Govt.

Bring
Home In
Next Year

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

6/7-12/05

4/5-10/05

-

2/8-13/05

11/9-14/04

10/14-17/04

9/9-13/04

8/10-15/04

6/8-15/04

4/8-15/04

2/9-16/04

10/03

"Do you think the invasion of Iraq
strengthened or weakened the war on terrorism?"

Strength-
ened

Weakened

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

6/7-12/05

4/5-10/05

2/8-13/05

11/9-14/04

10/14-17/04

9/9-13/04

8/10-15/04

6/8-15/04

"Are
you confident that Iraq will be successful in developing a stable and
reasonably democratic government?"

Yes

No

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

6/7-12/05

4/5-10/05

"For
each of the following, please indicate whether you feel the situation is
getting much better, somewhat better, somewhat worse, or much worse.
. . ."

Better

Worse

Unsure

%

%

%

"Overall life for Iraqis"

* 8/9-16/05

* 6/7-12/05

"Overall infrastructure of Iraq"

* 8/9-16/05

* 6/7-12/05

"Security of Iraqi civilians"

* 8/9-16/05

* 6/7-12/05

"Do you believe the insurgents in Iraq are being
contained by security forces or are they getting the upper hand?"

Being
Contained

Getting

Upper
Hand

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

6/7-12/05

"Do you think the invasion of Iraq has helped to
protect the United States from another terrorist
attack or not?"

Has

Has Not

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

11/9-14/04

10/14-17/04

9/9-13/04

8/10-15/04

6/8-15/04

"Do you think the invasion of Iraq, and recent
events in Iraq, have made the United States much
more respected, somewhat more respected, somewhat less
respected, or much less respected around the world?"

More
Respected

Less
Respected

Unsure

%

%

%

8/9-16/05

8/10-15/04

6/8-15/04

CNN/USA
Today/Gallup
Poll. Aug. 5-7,
2005. Adults nationwide.

"In view of the developments since we first sent
our troops to Iraq, do you think the United States made a mistake in sending
troops to Iraq, or not?"
Form A (N=481,
MoE ±
5)

Made a

Mistake

Did Not
Make a
Mistake

Unsure

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

7/22-24/05

6/24-26/05

4/29 - 5/1/05

3/18-20/05

2/25-27/05

2/4-6/05

-

1/14-16/05

1/7-9/05

11/19-21/04

10/29-31/04

10/22-24/04

10/14-16/04

10/9-10/04

10/1-3/04

9/24-26/04

9/3-5/04

8/23-25/04

7/30 - 8/1/04

7/19-21/04

7/8-11/04

6/21-23/04

6/3-6/04

5/7-9/04

4/16-18/04

1/12-15/04

11/3-5/03

10/6-8/03

7/7-9/03

3/24-25/03

"All in all, do you think it was worth going to war in
Iraq, or not?"

Form B (N=523,
MoE ±
5)

Wording, 6/03-12/03:

"All in
all, do you think the situation in Iraq was worth going to war over, or not?"
Wording prior to 6/03:

"All
in all, do you think the current situation in Iraq is worth going to war
over, or not?"

Worth
Going
To War

Not
Worth

Going
To War

Unsure

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

7/7-10/05

6/29-30/05

6/6-8/05

4/29 - 5/1/05

4/1-2/05

2/7-10/05

1/3-5/05

10/9-10/04

9/3-5/04

8/23-25/04

8/9-11/04

7/8-11/04

6/21-23/04

6/3-6/04

5/21-23/04

5/7-9/04

5/2-4/04

4/16-18/04

4/5-8/04

3/26-28/04

3/5-7/04

1/29 - 2/1/04

1/9-11/04

12/15-16/03

12/5-7/03

11/14-16/03

11/3-5/03

10/24-26/03

10/6-8/03

9/19-21/03

9/8-10/03

8/25-26/03

7/25-27/03

7/18-20/03

6/27-29/03

4/14-16/03

4/9/03

4/7-8/03

3/24-25/03

1/3-5/03

"In general, how would you say things are going
for the U.S. in Iraq: very well, moderately well, moderately badly, or very
badly?"
Options rotated.
N=1,004,
MoE ±

Wording prior to 3/04: "How would you say
things are going for the U.S. in Iraq now that the major fighting has ended:
very well, moderately well, moderately badly, or very badly?"

Very
Well

Moderately

Well

Moderately
Badly

Very
Badly

Unsure

%

%

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

4/29 - 5/1/05

3/18-20/05

2/4-6/05

1/7-9/05

12/5-8/04

9/24-26/04

8/9-11/04

7/8-11/04

6/3-6/04

-

5/21-23/04

5/2-4/04

4/5-8/04

3/5-7/04

11/3-5/03

10/6-8/03

-

9/8-10/03

8/25-26/03

7/25-27/03

7/18-20/03

6/27-29/03

5/30 - 6/1/03

"Which
comes closest to your view about what the U.S. should now do about the
number of U.S. troops in Iraq?

The U.S. should send more troops to Iraq.
The U.S. should keep the number of troops as it is
now. The
U.S.
should withdraw some troops from Iraq.

OR, The U.S. should withdraw all of its troops
from Iraq."

Options rotated.

N=1,004,
MoE ±

Send
More

Same as
Now

Withdraw
Some

Withdraw
All

Unsure

%

%

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

6/6-8/05

2/4-6/05

1/14-16/05

9/24-26/04

6/3-6/04

5/7-9/04

4/16-18/04

4/5-8/04

1/2-5/04

12/15-16/03

12/5-7/03

"Do you think the war with Iraq has made the U.S.
safer or less safe from
terrorism?"

Form A (N=481,
MoE ±
5)

Safer

Less Safe

No Change
(vol.)

Unsure

%

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

7/7-10/05

6/29-30/05

6/24-26/05

10/1-3/04

6/21-23/04

3/5-7/04

12/15-16/03

11/14-16/03

10/24-26/03

"Do you think the war with Iraq will make the U.S.
safer or less safe from terrorism in the long run?"

Form B (N=523,
MoE ±
5)

Safer

Less Safe

No Change
(vol.)

Unsure

%

%

%

%

8/5-7/05

Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton
Survey Research Associates International.*Aug. 2-4, 2005.
N=1,004 adults nationwide.

MoE ±

"We'd
like your opinion of the way George W. Bush is handling certain aspects of
his job. Do you approve or
disapprove of the way Bush is handling the situation in Iraq?"

Approve

Disap-

prove

Unsure

%

%

%

8/2-4/05

3/17-18/05

5/13-14/04

4/8-9/04

3/25-26/04

2/19-20/04

1/8-9/04

12/18-19/03

12/11-12/03

11/6-7/03

10/23-24/03

10/9-10/03

9/25-26/03

9/18-19/03

9/11-12/03

8/21-22/03

7/24-25/03

7/10-11/03

5/29-30/03

5/1-2/03

"Now thinking about the situation in Iraq:
All in all, do you think the United States is making progress or losing
ground in its efforts to establish security and democracy in Iraq?"

Making
Progress

Losing
Ground

Unsure

%

%

%

8/2-4/05

"In
general, do you think the Iraq war has made Americans safer from terrorism,
or not?"

Has

Has Not

Unsure

%

%

%

8/2-4/05

"For how long would you personally support keeping
large numbers of U.S. military personnel in Iraq: less
than one more year, one to two years,
three to five years, six to 10 years,
more than 10 years, or as long as it takes
to achieve U.S. goals in Iraq?"

%

Less
than one more year

One
to two years

Three

to five years

Six to 10 years

More
than 10 years

-

As long as it takes

Bring them home now (vol.)

Unsure

Associated Press/Ipsos poll conducted by
Ipsos-Public Affairs. Aug. 1-3, 2005. N=1,000
adults nationwide. MoE ±

"When
it comes to handling the situation in Iraq, do you approve or disapprove or
have mixed feelings about the way George W. Bush is handling that issue?"

Approve

Disap-

prove

Mixed
Feelings

Unsure

%

%

%

%

8/1-3/05

7/11-13/05

-

6/6-8/05

5/2-4/05

-

4/4-6/05

-

3/7-9/05

-

2/7-9/05

-

1/3-5/05

-

Trend, among
registered voters:

12/6-8/04

-

11/3-5/04

-

CBS News
Poll. July 29-Aug. 2, 2005.
N=1,222 adults nationwide. MoE ±
(for all adults).
RV = registered voters

"Do
you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling the
situation with Iraq?"

Approve

Disap-
prove

Unsure

%

%

%

ALL adults

* Republicans

* Democrats

* Independents

Trend:

6/10-15/05

5/20-24/05

4/13-16/05

3/21-22/05

2/24-28/05

1/14-18/05

11/18-21/04

10/28-30/04

10/14-17/04

7/11-15/04

6/23-27/04

5/20-23/04

5/11/04

4/23-27/04

3/30 - 4/1/04

3/10-14/04

2/24-27/04

2/12-15/04

1/12-15/04

12/21-22/03

12/14-15/03

11/10-12/03

10/20-21/03

9/28 - 10/1/03

9/15-16/03

8/11-12/03

7/03

5/03

3/26-27/03

3/24/03

3/23/03

3/22/03

3/20-21/03

3/15-16/03

3/7-9/03

3/4-5/03

2/24-25/03

2/10-12/03

"Do you think the result of the war with Iraq
was worth the loss of American life and other costs of attacking Iraq, or
not worth it?"

Worth
It

Not
Worth It

Unsure

%

%

%

7/29 - 8/2/05

7/11-15/04

6/23-27/04

5/20-23/04

5/11/04

4/23-27/04

3/30 - 4/1/04

3/10-14/04

2/24-27/04

2/12-15/04

1/12-15/04

12/21-22/03

12/14-15/03

11/10-12/03

10/20-21/03

9/28 - 10/1/03

9/15-16/03

8/26-28/03

8/11-12/03

"Do you think removing Saddam Hussein from power
was worth the loss of American life and other costs of attacking Iraq, or
not?"

Worth
It

Not
Worth It

Unsure

%

%

%

7/29 - 8/2/05

"Looking back, do
you think the United States did the right thing in taking military action
against Iraq, or should the U.S. have stayed out?"

Did Right
Thing

Should
Have
Stayed Out

Unsure

%

%

%

7/29 - 8/2/05

6/10-15/05

5/20-24/05

4/13-16/05

2/24-28/05

1/14-18/05

11/18-21/04

10/28-30/04
RV

10/14-17/04
RV

7/11-15/04

6/23-27/04

5/20-23/04

5/11/04

4/23-27/04

3/30 - 4/1/04

3/10-14/04

2/24-27/04

2/12-15/04

12/21-22/03

12/14-15/03

"How would you say things are going for the U.S.
in its efforts to bring stability and order to Iraq? Would you say things
are going very well, somewhat well, somewhat badly, or very badly?"

Very
Well

Somewhat

Well

Somewhat
Badly

Very
Badly

Unsure

%

%

%

%

%

7/29 - 8/2/05

6/10-15/05

5/20-24/05

4/13-16/05

2/24-28/05

1/14-18/05

11/18-21/04

10/28-30/04
RV

10/14-17/04
RV

7/11-15/04

6/23-27/04

5/20-23/04

4/23-27/04

12/21-22/03

12/14-15/03

11/10-12/03

10/20-21/03

9/15-16/03

8/26-28/03

8/11-12/03

7/03

5/03

"From what you have
seen or heard about the situation in Iraq, what should the United States do? Should the U.S. increase the number of
U.S. troops in Iraq, keep the same
number of U.S. troops in Iraq as there are now, or decrease the number of
U.S. troops
in Iraq?"

Increase

Keep the
Same

Decrease

Unsure

%

%

%

%

7/29 - 8/2/05

9/28 - 10/1/03

8/26-28/03

CNN/USA
Today/Gallup

Poll. July 22-24,
2005. N=1,006 adults
nationwide. MoE ±

"Which comes closest to your view about the war in
Iraq? You think the U.S. will win the war in Iraq.
You think the U.S. can win the war in Iraq,
but you don't think it will win.

OR, You do not think the
U.S. can win the war in Iraq."
Options rotated

Will Win

Can Win,
But Won't

Can't Win

Unsure

%

%

%

%

7/22-24/05

"Do you think the United States will or will not
be able to establish a stable democratic government in Iraq?"

Will

Will Not

Unsure

%

%

%

7/22-24/05

11/19-21/04

4/16-18/04

"Do you think the Bush Administration deliberately
misled the American public about whether Iraq has weapons of mass
destruction, or not?"

Yes,
Misled

No,

Did Not

Unsure

%

%

%

7/22-24/05

4/1-2/05

10/9-10/04

7/19-21/04

1/29 - 2/1/04

7/18-20/03

6/27-29/03

6/9-10/03

5/30 - 6/1/03

Earlier polling on Iraq

HOME
| TABLE OF CONTENTS | SEARCH THE
SITE

Copyright © 2005 THE POLLING
REPORT, INC., and polling/sponsoring organizations

blueturk
08-29-2005, 08:10 AM
While I try to feel heartened by Bush's poll numbers, in the end they mean nothing. Bush will continue to do what he wants because of his stubbornness and inability to admit that he makes mistakes ( or his "resolve", as the sheep call it).

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I would do her (not the horse, that is Jesterstar's domain)....

Who wouldn't you do? :D

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, the above numbers mean nothing. One can be against the war, yet realize "immediate withdrawal" would be the wrong thing to do.

That's true.

However....

Most of you liberals are whining for immediate withdrawal.

It is not the thing to do.

ANYWAY you slice the issue.

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
While I try to feel heartened by Bush's poll numbers, in the end they mean nothing. Bush will continue to do what he wants because of his stubbornness and inability to admit that he makes mistakes ( or his "resolve", as the sheep call it).

Bush will continue to do as he wants because anyone who tries to stop him winds up dead or without a career.

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Who wouldn't you do? :D

That is a question for JizzyStool.

I am not, and never have been a "slut".

Phil theStalker
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Sure would like to see the actual questions asked and a sampling of the actual answers on something like this.

I'd be willing to bet that the 39% was for immediate witdrawal of the troops and that at least half of the other number mentioned things like timetables and exit strategies. There's no fucking way that 46% are still drinking BCE/PNAC KoolAid when Junior's approval rating is at 36%.

Those numbers add up like a Diebold database.
You don't set policy by somebody's polls. Do you all know why?

I researched Rasmussen and I found a radio host quote posted where he said (on July 22) a Rasmussen poll found "6 in 10 American think we need to withdraw some or all of our troops." But I can't find the Rasmussen poll the radio host was quoting from. I wish Rasmussen polls would make up their minds.

Obvously, this newer poll is flawed, or it says America is morally in decline and is nearer to Nazi Germany in the '30's in it's view of it's place in the world.

:spank:

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 12:41 PM
You got that last part correct. America IS morally in decline (WOOHOO!! :D ) and IS nearer to Nazi Germany in the 1930s thanks to ChimpZilla and the BCE band of merry murderers....

Warham
08-29-2005, 04:28 PM
John McCain is right. Iraq is NO Vietnam. It's not even a valid comparison.

blueturk
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Warham
John McCain is right. Iraq is NO Vietnam. It's not even a valid comparison.

Then why the hell did you once call Cindy Sheehan "the new Hanoi Jane"?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=656423#post656423

"I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget." —George W. Bush, Marlton, New Jersey, Oct. 18, 2004