PDA

View Full Version : Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan

To: National Desk

Contact: Capt. Hiram Lewis, 304-692-1236; William Greene, President of RightMarch.com, 877-266-6596

CRAWFORD, Texas, August 29 /Christian Wire Service/ -- Hiram Lewis IV, currently a Captain and JAG officer in the West Virginia Army National Guard and a GOP candidate for the U.S. Senate from West Virginia, has announced the new "Meet With Hiram" campaign targeting anti-Bush and anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.

"Together with the conservative activist organization RightMarch.com, I will be traveling to Crawford, Texas, to demand a meeting with Cindy Sheehan," said Lewis. "If she refuses to meet with me there, I will follow her on her bus tour and continue to demand a meeting until she agrees to talk with me face-to-face."

Pledging to "dog her steps" until she meets with him, Lewis stated, "My mission is to persuade Cindy Sheehan to meet with an Iraq War Veteran such as myself and answer my questions about why she is encouraging the terrorists, endangering our men and women in uniform, and lowering troop morale." What's more, he said, " I've been calling on Cindy Sheehan to meet with me for a few weeks now. If she leaves town just as I'm getting there, everyone will know why."

Capt. Hiram Lewis, a decorated veteran of the War in Iraq, will travel to Crawford, Texas, Aug. 31-Sept. 2 seeking a meeting with Cindy Sheehan, an anti-war protester he says is "determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." Capt. Lewis has three objectives: First, he wants to offer heart-felt condolences for the loss of her son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, who died as a hero in Baghdad on April 4, 2004. Second, Capt. Lewis wants to make sure Mrs. Sheehan supports what her son wanted to do -- see the job through in Iraq. Finally, Capt. Lewis wants to rally support to our continued success in Operation Iraqi Freedom while helping protesters understand how their efforts lower morale and endanger our troops' lives.

For more information, go to www.MeetWithHiram.com.

LINK (http://www.earnedmedia.org/sicm0829.htm)

Guitar Shark
08-29-2005, 02:55 PM
LOL! She should meet with him just to show how easy it is.

Nickdfresh
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Decorated Iraq War Veteran Challenges Cindy Sheehan
Pledging to "dog her steps" until she meets with him, Lewis stated, "My mission is to persuade Cindy Sheehan to meet with an Iraq War Veteran such as myself and answer my questions about why she is encouraging the terrorists, endangering our men and women in uniform, and lowering troop morale." What's more, he said, " I've been calling on Cindy Sheehan to meet with me for a few weeks now. If she leaves town just as I'm getting there, everyone will know why."

Oh, for a second there I thought he was talking about DONALD RUMSFELD or PAUL WOLFOWITZ...

I wonder what he thinks of PRES. Bush never going to a funeral?

FORD
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
LOL! She should meet with him just to show how easy it is.

She probably would. And she'd probably slap him upside the head too.

What a fucking asshole. Wonder how much Rove's paying him for this stunt?

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD
She probably would. And she'd probably slap him upside the head too.

What a fucking asshole. Wonder how much Rove's paying him for this stunt?

Asshole, huh?

A decorated veteran is an asshole for wanting to speak to this woman?

I think you're feeling a little inadequate because you're entire set of beliefs are being challenged.

Asshole.

:gulp:

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
OOOh so protesting against the war is going to endanger our soldier's lives???

How?

If one were to ask this moron to explain in great detail how our troop's lives are endangered by people back home protesting, he would be unable to come up with a coherent and believable answer.

Our soldiers are trained to the highest standards on Earth. The activities of an anti-war protestor 12,000 fucking miles away will not nullify any of the training our soldiers have had, nor is it going to endanger our troops any more than they already are.

To claim otherwise is an insult to the soldiers of the Armed Forces Of The United States Of America!

That said, the main detriment to the morale of our soldiers is not knowing when they will be coming home.
Indeed, the one thing that would depress ANY human being would be having to go to war based on a pack of lies by a corrupt and evil herd of criminals in Washington D.C.!!!!

If ANYONE is doing damage to the morale of our soldiers it is the BCE and all it's sycophant cocksuckers responsible for sending them over there in the first place, as well as namby-pamby do-gooders who insult the soldiers of our armed forces by making claims that their lives are endangered by Cindy Sheehan.

Fuck that fucking asshole, he is a fucking idiot and should be sent to the White House to suck the cocks and lick the asses of Chimpzilla's entire cabinet!!!!
:mad:

He is apparently attempting to be afforded that "honor" by the moronic statements he has made in the press release above.

:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian, it is a useless wish, but it would be nice if you would pull your head out of The 16th Assistant-Undersecretary To The White House Toilet Bowl Scrubber's ass.

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69 OOOh so protesting against the war is going to endanger our soldier's lives???

How?

If one were to ask this moron to explain in great detail how our troop's lives are endangered by people back home protesting, he would be unable to come up with a coherent and believable answer.

Our soldiers are trained to the highest standards on Earth. The activities of an anti-war protestor 12,000 fucking miles away will not nullify any of the training our soldiers have had, nor is it going to endanger our troops any more than they already are.

To claim otherwise is an insult to the soldiers of the Armed Forces Of The United States Of America!

Not true. Ask the soldiers who are there, as referenced in the thread where Matt Lauer got dinged by the soldier who let him have it straight with brutal honesty.

It's not good for morale when you know the populace is not behind you. When they don't support your mission. When the media doesn't mention any of the good stuff that is happening over there the Armed Forces are doing but sure as shit mentions every little piddly fucking crime some buck private commits against some Iraqi street walker.

You're an ignorant-ass if you don't think it matters to them.

Fuck that fucking asshole, he is a fucking idiot and should be sent to the White House to suck the cocks and lick the asses of Chimpzilla's entire cabinet!!!!

BigBadBrian, it is a useless wish, but it would be nice if you would pull your head out of The 16th Assistant-Undersecretary To The White House Toilet Bowl Scrubber's ass.

Geez, you put together a great argument there. I don't know if I can beat that. Did you get a second-grader to help you with that? :rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Stupid question, but what exactly does it mean to be "decorated"? Is this a rare thing or is it common?

Warham
08-29-2005, 04:22 PM
FORD, pretty low of you to call a decorated veteran an asshole.

It just proves that liberals really don't support veterans, if they speak out against the left's position on anything.

Most vets do NOT agree with her position. I'd go so far as to say probably over 90% do not.

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM
BigBadBozo:
Sorry you were unable to comprehend it with your 1st-grade education.

You better get back to your "See Spot Run" books.

Whether the opinion of one woman and her followers and/or the media matters to them or not is irrelevant.

If they are SO demoralized by the press over here, as you claim, then you are stating that they are weak pussies.

I will NOT STAND FOR YOU TO BADMOUTH OUR SOLDIERS WHO ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES OVERSEAS, DUMBASS!!!

As has been pointed out many times before, the SOLDIERS see what good they are doing over there.

They KNOW they are making a difference.

The point I made is that Cindy Sheehan and her opinions are not going to endanger their lives.

To claim otherwise is the mark of an ignorant ass.

A creature you have continually demonstrated yourself to be on these forums.

I am a veteran, and know whereof I speak.

If you cannot handle it, go cry to your mommy.

If you were to ask ANY of those soldiers whether they would prefer to go to Iraq to fight a fraudulent war created by a corrupt administration, or to stay home and live a relatively stress-free existence with their families, free from Iraqi butt-lickers trying to kill them, I guarantee you an overwhelming majority of them would prefer to be here in the USA.

For you to claim otherwise would be sheer idiocy, but then that is your trademark.

They are making the best of a fucked up situation over there. And I support them 100%.

For you to imply they are anything less than the finest fighting force on Earth is retarded.

So come on. Open your mouth and let that river of Grade A, Moronic, Republican SHIT come roaring out. It never ends.

You have been brainwashed so heavily that all you can do is spout moronic propaganda that has been spoon-fed to you for the past 5 years (since you were a drooling baby).

And Warham, I do not care who it is...whoever insults our fighting men and women will be called an asshole as well!!

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Stupid question, but what exactly does it mean to be "decorated"? Is this a rare thing or is it common?

It usually means you have been given a medal or decoration, for service to your country.

Highly decorated usually means you have risked your life to safe others, etc.

Audie Murphy, the film star from back in the day, was the most highly decorated veteran of WWII.

Audie Murphy was the most decorated American Army soldier of World War II. The orphaned son of Texas sharecroppers, he enlisted at age 18 and went on to win two dozen military medals for valor, including the coveted Congressional Medal of Honor. After the war Murphy parlayed his wartime fame into an up-and-down career as a movie actor, songwriter, and businessman. He wrote his war memoirs, To Hell And Back, and played himself in the 1955 movie of the same name.

June 20th is officially Audie Murphy Day in Texas... Murphy originally tried to join the Marines but was turned down for being too short.

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Here is his tombstone in Arlington National Cemetery, which is CERTAINLY where he deserves to be buried.

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM

It means he has been awarded military commendations.

Bronze Star, Silver Star, etc.

I'll look up this guy and see what he got.

:gulp:

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Audie Leon Murphy, son of poor Texas sharecroppers, rose to national fame as the most decorated U.S. combat soldier of World War II. Among his 33 awards and decorations was the Medal of Honor, the highest military award for bravery that can be given to any individual in the United States of America, for "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty." He also received every decoration for valor that his country had to offer, some of them more than once, including 5 decorations by France and Belgium. Credited with either killing over 240 of the enemy while wounding and capturing many others, he became a legend within the 3rd Infantry Division. Beginning his service as an Army Private, Audie quickly rose to the enlisted rank of Staff Sergeant, was given a "battle field" commission as 2nd Lieutenant, was wounded three times, fought in 9 major campaigns across the European Theater, and survived the war.

During Murphy's 3 years active service as a combat soldier in World War II, Audie became one of the best fighting combat soldiers of this or any other century. What Audie accomplished during this period is most significant and probably will never be repeated by another soldier, given today's high-tech type of warfare. The U.S. Army has always declared that there will never be another Audie Murphy.

On 21 September, 1945, Audie was released from the Army as an active member and reassigned to inactive status. During this same time, actor James Cagney invited Murphy to Hollywood in September 1945, when he saw Murphy's photo on the cover of Life Magazine. The next couple of years in California were hard times for Audie Murphy. Struggling and becoming disillusioned from lack of work while sleeping in a local gymnasium, he finally received token acting parts in his first two films.

His first starring role came in a 1949 released film by Allied Artists called, Bad Boy. In 1950 Murphy eventually got a contract with Universal-International (later called Universal) where he starred in 26 films, 23 of them westerns over the next 15 years. His 1949 autobiography To Hell And Back was a best seller. Murphy starred as himself in a film biography released by Universal-International in 1955 with the same title. The movie, To Hell and Back, held the record as Universal's highest grossing picture until 1975 when it was finally surpassed by the movie Jaws. In the mid-60s the studios switched from contract players to hiring actors on a picture-by-picture basis. Consequently, when his contract expired in 1965 Universal did not renew. This gave him the opportunity to work with other studios and independent film producers. In the 25 years that Audie spent in Hollywood, he made a total of 44 feature films.

Despite his success in Hollywood, Audie never forgot his rural Texas roots. He returned frequently to the Dallas area where he owned a small ranch for a while. He also had ranches in Perris, California and near Tucson, Arizona. He was a successful Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racehorse owner and breeder, having interests in such great horses as "Depth Charge." His films earned him close to 3 million dollars in 23 years as an actor. Audie loved to gamble, and he bet on horses and different sporting events. He was also a great poker player. In his role as a prodigious gambler, he won and lost fortunes.

Audie Murphy wrote some poetry and was quite successful as a songwriter. He usually teamed up with talented artists and composers such as Guy Mitchell, Jimmy Bryant, Scott Turner, Coy Ziegler, or Terri Eddleman. Dozens of Audie Murphy's songs were recorded and released by such great performers as Dean Martin, Eddy Arnold, Charley Pride, Jimmy Bryant, Porter Waggoner, Jerry Wallace, Roy Clark, Harry Nilsson and many, many others. His two biggest hits were Shutters and Boards and When the Wind Blows in Chicago. Eddy Arnold recorded When the Wind Blows in Chicago for his 1993 album Last of the Love Song Singers which is currently in release by RCA.

Audie sufferred from what is now known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)and was plagued by insomnia and depression. During the mid-60's he became dependent for a time on doctor prescribed sleeping pills called Placidyl. When he recognized that he had become addicted to this prescription drug, he locked himself in a motel room, stopped taking the sleeping pills and went through withdrawal symptoms for a week. Always an advocate for the needs of veterans, he broke the taboo about discussing war related mental problems after this experience. In a effort to draw attention to the problems of returning Korean and Vietnam War veterans, Audie Murphy spoke-out candidly about his personal problems with PTSD, then known as "Battle Fatigue". He publicly called for United States government to give more consideration and study to the emotional impact war has on veterans and to extend health care benefits to address PTSD and other mental health problems of returning war vets.

While on a business trip on May 28, 1971, (Memorial Day Weekend) he was killed at the age of 46. A private plane flying in fog and rain crashed in the side of a mountain near Roanoke, Virginia. Five others including the pilot were also killed. Although Audie owned and flew his own plane earlier in his career at Hollywood, he was among the passengers that tragic day.

On June 7th, Audie Murphy was buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery. His gravesite, near the Amphitheater, is second most visited gravesite year round. President Kennedy's grave is the most visited.

In 1996 the Texas Legislature officially designated his birthday, June 20th, as Audie Murphy Day. On June 9, 1999 Governor George W. Bush, Texas made a similar proclation declaring June 20th to officially be Audie Murphy Day in the state of Texas.

* Medal of Honor
* Distinguished Service Cross
* Silver Star with First Oak Leaf Cluster
* Legion of Merit
* Bronze Star Medal with "V" Device and First Oak Leaf Cluster
* Purple Heart with Second Oak Leaf Cluster
* U.S. Army Outstanding Civilian Service Medal
* Good Conduct Medal
* Presidential Unit Citation with First Oak Leaf Cluster
* American Campaign Medal
* European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with One Silver Star, Four Bronze Service Stars (representing nine campaigns) and one Bronze Arrowhead (representing assault landing at Sicily and Southern France)
* World War II Victory Medal
* Army of Occupation Medal with Germany Clasp
* Armed Forces Reserve Medal
* Combat Infantry Badge
* Marksman Badge with Rifle Bar
* Expert Badge with Bayonet Bar
* French Fourragere in Colors of the Croix de Guerre
* French Legion of Honor, Grade of Chevalier
* French Croix de Guerre With Silver Star
* French Croix de Guerre with Palm
* Medal of Liberated France
* Belgian Croix de Guerre 1940 Palm

Guitar Shark
08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys, I guess what I really want to know is whether *most* honorably discharged veterans are "decorated" in some way, or whether it's a rare honor. In other words, is it a feather in this guy's cap to say that he's decorated, or is it a pretty common thing.

BigBadBrian
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
BigBadBozo:
Sorry you were unable to comprehend it with your 1st-grade education.

You better get back to your "See Spot Run" books.

Whether the opinion of one woman and her followers and/or the media matters to them or not is irrelevant.

If they are SO demoralized by the press over here, as you claim, then you are stating that they are weak pussies.

I will NOT STAND FOR YOU TO BADMOUTH OUR SOLDIERS WHO ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES OVERSEAS, DUMBASS!!!

As has been pointed out many times before, the SOLDIERS see what good they are doing over there.

They KNOW they are making a difference.

The point I made is that Cindy Sheehan and her opinions are not going to endanger their lives.

To claim otherwise is the mark of an ignorant ass.

A creature you have continually demonstrated yourself to be on these forums.

I am a veteran, and know whereof I speak.

Cleaning toilets does not count, and you do not know what you are talking about...as usual. You are not a veteran, you are an IDIOT, and a first rate one at that.

I am a veteran, retired from the military, so bend down, grab your ankles, reach around, and KISS YOUR OWN ASS.

You, motherfucker, don't have any fucking corner on the market to military knowledge around here. You're just pissing in the wind.

Rightful dissent is one thing, but being used by the media and Far Leftist Political organizations like this woman is being used for is another. She is a tool of the anti-Bush establishment...nothing else.

:gun:

Warham
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
He shouldn't have to be decorated to speak out against her.

FORD
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Warham
FORD, pretty low of you to call a decorated veteran an asshole.

It just proves that liberals really don't support veterans, if they speak out against the left's position on anything.

Most vets do NOT agree with her position. I'd go so far as to say probably over 90% do not.

It's one thing to disagree with her position. It's another thing entirely to slander the woman and mock her mission to hold that criminal piece of shit chimp accountable for his lies.

A uniform doesn't prevent someone from being a fucking tool, and this guy certainly is one.

Guitar Shark
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
He shouldn't have to be decorated to speak out against her.

No one is arguing that he should.

Warham
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't think he's slandering her at all, FORD.

He just wants to meet with her so he can ask her a few questions.

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't think he's slandering her at all, FORD.

He just wants to meet with her so he can ask her a few questions.

I agree, I didn't see anything slanderous in that article.
Capt. Lewis, from what i gather, is troubled by the way Mrs. Sheehan is ignoring her son's choice to serve and die for his country.

It doesn't directly say it, so i want to know if Capt. Lewis knew her son personally.
If he does, then chances are that he knew first hand that Army Spc. Casey Sheehan believed in what he was doing and would not be proud of the way his mother is allowing herself to be used as a political pawn.

I also want to add that pointing out that the morale of our troops is effected by how protesters act is not in any way shape or form saying our men and women in the service are pussies, because they are nothing of the sort, but they are human and do have a conscience.

I don't believe a lack of morale makes them weak, but it does strengthen the resolve of the enemy if the dissent bolsters their desire to fight harder against us.
As i have said many times before, it isn't about protesting, it's about how one protests and the things they say that can and does increase the danger our troops face in battle.

If people can forget the politics long enough to really think about that they will come to the same conclusion on their own because THAT is the real problem here, politics.

Do any of you honestly think that anyone who has jumped on Mrs. Sheehans bandwagon really gives a damn about her or her son?

Hell no they don't, but i damn sure bet those who fought beside Casey do and most likely know that he wouldn't be happy with what his mother is being used for, and i don't blame Cindy Sheehan for any of this.
The woman lost her son, and she is not being supported in that grief she is being credited with starting an Anti-War movement that no longer resembles what she initially started out to do.

This has been politicized for reasons that have not a damn thing to do with her or her son and every report on this issue further proves that.

If any of those soldiers had been drafted, then all of this would be warranted, but they weren't drafted, they went to the recruiters office of their own accord and signed up.

And to address a comment about if the soldiers were given a choice to be there or at home with their families.
They joined the service, didn't they?
Then they pretty much said, "Send me wherever i am needed, I am here to serve"
Any soldier who signed the dotted line without giving serious thought to the fact that he may be sent to a war and not come home didn't think things through properly and has only themselves to blame.

I don't support Bush so don't go thinking me a neocon shitbag, but people should have their priorities straight before letting the tongue fly without responsibility or the possible consequence it could have for our soldiers in battle.

They are there in battle every second of every day, some people need to shut up or at least think before speaking in their protest because it does have an effect on not only the soldiers, but the civilian population AND the enemy as well.

This isn't Vietnam where the majority were stripped from their lives, it is a volunteer military today, hello, is anybody listening here?

Every soldier in theater "chose" to serve, and not one soldier in history has ever had a choice about where they were sent or for how long.

If Capt. Lewis can convince Mrs. Sheehan to respect her sons choices and sacrifice she may then be able to start the grieving process and learn to move on and remember her son for what he is, a hero.

FORD
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
......but i damn sure bet those who fought beside Casey do and most likely know that he wouldn't be happy with what his mother is being used for,

Just so happens that a guy who served with Casey Sheehan, and who was there when he was killed called into the Randi Rhodes show on Air America about a half hour ago. And guess where he was this past weekend?

That's right. Crawford. Camp Casey. Supporting Cindy Sheehan. Who was very happy to meet with him and hear his account of what happenned that day her son was killed.

By the way, here's a fact that I hadn't realized myself until this guy said it on the air..... the reason Casey's unit was in Sadr City that day was in retaliation for those fucking mercenary Blackwater pieces of shit who got strung up from the freeway bridges or whatever. So not only can Bush NOT give Cindy Sheehan a "noble cause" but as the reality turns out, it might have all been over some fucking nazi shitbags who got exactly what they deserved and shouldn't have been there to begin with.

I feel for any troops and their families, Democrat, Republican, or whatever, but I do not and will not extend the same courtresy to those soulless mercenary bastards who are terrorists as surely as Al Qaeda is. And to think Casey Sheehan or any other Americans died defending those worthless fucks is beyond sickening. :mad:

Cathedral
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
That was a very informative post, Ford.
Again, it appears i'm behind the information curve ball, this time on the Sheehan issue.

But the general point of my previous post still stands as far as the way some people choose to protest.

But you are right, the mission he was killed on was hardly noble given the facts, i can't argue that.

diamondD
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Wonder why you point out that one of his soldier buddies was there, but you don't mention her own kids that are living don't support what she is doing? Think they may know that Casey wouldn't have approved and are disgusted by what she's doing?

FORD
08-29-2005, 08:15 PM
What pissed me off just as much, is that this guy who served in Iraq with Sheehan, was saying that he was driving through Crawford on his way to the camp. No signs or stickers on his car to paint him as a "liberal", but easily identifiable as a soldier from his appearance. and he was getting dirty looks and the finger from Busheep.

The pro war right wingers flipping off and otherwise dissing a soldier who just recently got back from the war?? What the fuck's up with that?

Cat, I know YOU have woken up to the reality of this war and this Fraudministration. What the Hell does it take to get through to some of these people? :confused:

Hardrock69
08-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Cleaning toilets does not count, and you do not know what you are talking about...as usual.

Speak for yourself, ignorant one. Get back to licking that toilet bowl.

You are not a veteran, you are an IDIOT, and a first rate one at that.

You are speaking to yourself again.

You have no clue what you are talking about. You toe the Republican Party line, with no concept of reality, doing nothing but suck the shit of Chimpzilla's ass and scream propaganda.

I am a veteran, retired from the military, so bend down, grab your ankles, reach around, and KISS YOUR OWN ASS.

You are not a veteran, you are an IDIOT, and a first rate one at that.

You, motherfucker, don't have any fucking corner on the market to military knowledge around here.

Neither do you dumbass.

You're just pissing in the wind.

Coming from you that is a real laugh. You are desperately smoke-screening, avoiding the point, simply because you lack the intellect to actually make a credible case.

Rightful dissent is one thing, but being used by the media and Far Leftist Political organizations like this woman is being used for is another.

Rightful dissent is one thing, but the point (if you are able to actually read and comprehend English), is that by stating her rightful dissent, she is not endangering the lives of ANY U.S. Military Personnel. You are unable to deny that with a valid argument, because there exists NO POSSIBLE valid argument to do so.

She is a tool of the anti-Bush establishment...nothing else.

Just as Bush Supporters (terrorist sympathisers) such as yourself are unwitting tools of the BUSH CRIMINAL EMPIRE.

You post on here about how our Armed Forces are somehow lacking, that they are worthless and weak, and have the NERVE to talk smack about a woman whose son has been killed in combat that way.

You are worse than scum. You are a traitor. GO turn yourself into the FBI, and tell them that you are an Iraqi sympathizer and that you want to join Al Queda.

It must be truly gratifying to know that you are a tool of a fascist asshole hell-bent on the destruction of the free world.

But then, you and your Christian Exodus butt-buddies are all about creating a Fascist State, where anyone who is not a Conservative Christian must be sent to a Koncentration Kamp.

Hell, the original post in this thread was straight off the Christian Wire Service. They would not DARE to create a press release that actually showed any concern for an anti-war protestor, no matter who she was, or what the circumstances are that led her to where she is now.

That goes against everything the Fascist Manifesto stands for.

:gun:

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Cat, I know YOU have woken up to the reality of this war and this Fraudministration. What the Hell does it take to get through to some of these people? :confused:

In my case it was as simple as having a vested interest in some key issues that went against what i was conditioned to expect from Bush.

Some people are more forgiving than i am, though i am eventually forgiving to everyone.
But what burns my crawl doesn't even turn the heads of many, but i still respect all viewpoints, even those i don't agree with.

But if i had to take a stab at it, i would say that a lot of the problem is straight party thinking, it's the same as wearing blinders, or at least it was for me.

Terri Schiavo had a major role in removing the blinders i will admit.
I watched state's right's get trampled, I watched a Guardian get slandered by DeLay with some pretty harsh and mean comments, not to mention the Constitution basically get thrown out the window when the Bush Bros. tried to interfere in personal family matters and alter the judgement of someone who should have been supported by the Government he serves, even though i am not fond of Judges in general.

I am a legal guardian, as we already know i'm sure, so it could have very well been me or anyone of us.

And the list goes on, but the above was the clencher, Bush can kiss my ass eternal.

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Oh, I almosty forgot, lol.

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Oh, I almost forgot, lol.

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Note to self: Never try to correct a typo after hitting submit. :)

Damn double post....

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys, I guess what I really want to know is whether *most* honorably discharged veterans are "decorated" in some way, or whether it's a rare honor. In other words, is it a feather in this guy's cap to say that he's decorated, or is it a pretty common thing.

They give that stuff away like candy now. It used to be tough to get medals and win awards in the ARMY, as opposed to the AIR FORCE which traditionally hands out medals for proper toilet training, but uniform decorations are one thing. Now, a lot of these guys get Bronze Stars for doing their jobs, I knew guys from the GULF that were issued Bronze Stars as a virtual unit citation, the Bronze Star is an indication of valor, it's not supposed to be not a merit badge. A lot of WWII members would rollover in their graves....

It was around VIETNAM where medal awards became politicized for PR...Compare the Medal of HONOR winners from both WWII and VIETNAM, and you'll find a far higher percentage of winners in WWII were posthumous. It was just a lot harder to win awards at one time, but the standard has fallen to the point in which it really means little when someone is "highly decorated," many are getting awards for just doing their jobs rather than going above and beyond...

Hardrock69
08-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, while I have been researching and copying and pasting, Nick beat me to the punch! :D

You win medals, commendations, awards, honors, etc. for going "above and beyond the call of duty". Acts of heroism, bravery, etc. with no regard for your own safety or life.

Read about the stuff Audie Murphy did.

He was a true hero.

For instance, here is what he did to win the Congressional Medal Of Honor, America's highest possible award for valor, bravery, and general asskicking against the enemy:

"2d Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by 6 tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to prepared positions in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, 1 of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machine gun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from 3 sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective."

Now, consider he was given a shitload of awards, etc. for his service to the US and every other Allied country he fought in during WWII.

The Medal Of Honor was only one medal. Think of all the other shit he did to win the rest of the stuff.

Another Medal Of Honor recipient who was a resident of the state I live in, Tennessee: Sgt. Alvin C. York.

If you ever want to see the true story of Sgt. York, see the movie of that name: "Sargent York" starring the great actor Gary Cooper.

Here is his true story...some of it told in his own words:

Alvin York's appointment with destiny came on the morning of October 8, 1918 in the Argonne forest of France. It was the first offensive battle of the Argonne, and his battalion was one of the attacking battalions. Orders came down on the night of October 7th for them to take Hill 223 on the morning of the 8th, then drive across a narrow valley surrounded on three sides by hills fortified by German machine guns. Their mission was to destroy the machine gun nests and press on to the Decauville Railroad which was their objective.

The attack bogged down under the withering fire from their front and both flanks. A hurried conference decided the only way to continue the advance was to knock out the machine gun nests on the hill to their left. A detachment of one non-commissioned officer and sixteen men were detailed to circle around the end of the hill and attack the machine gun nests from the rear. Alvin York, then a corporal, was one of these seventeen men. Crawling through the undergrowth, they succeeded in passing around the German flank and getting behind their lines.

Now let Alvin tell the rest of the story in his own words. In his diary under the date of October 8, 1918:

"....there was 17 of us boys went around on the left flank to see if we couldn't put those guns out of action. So when we went around and fell in behind those guns, we first saw two Germans with Red Cross bands on their arms. So we asked them to stop and they did not. So one of the boys shot at them and they run back to our right. So we all run after them, and when we jumped across a little stream of water that was there, they was about 15 or 20 Germans jumped up and threw up their hands and said, 'Kame rad!' So the one in charge of us boys told us not to shoot; they was going to give up anyway. (These prisoners included a major and two other officers). By this time some of the Germans from on the hill was shooting at us. Well, I was giving them the best I had, and by this time the Germans had got their machine guns turned around and fired on us. So they killed six and wounded three of us. So that just left 8, and then we got into it right by this time. So we had a hard battle for a little while, and I got hold of the German major and he told me if I wouldn't kill any more of them he would make them quit firing. So I told him all right if he would do it now. So he blew a little whistle and they quit shooting and come down and gave up. I had killed over 20 before the German major said he would make them give up. I covered him with my automatic and told him if he didn't make them stop firing I would take his head off next. And he knew I meant it. After he blew his whistle, all but one of them came off the hill with their hands up, and just before that one got to me he threw a little hand grenade which burst in the air in front of me. I had to touch him off. The rest surrendered without any more trouble. There were nearly a 100 of them. We had about 80 or 90 Germans there disarmed, and had another line of Germans to go through to get out. So I called for my men, and one of them answered from behind a big oak tree, and the others were on my right in the brush. (All the non-commissioned officers had been killed or severely wounded except York. This left him in command). So I said, 'Let's get these Germans out of here.' One of my men said, 'It is impossible.' So I said, 'No; let's get them out of here.' So when my man said that, the German major said, 'How many have you got?' And I said that, 'I have got plenty,' and pointed my pistol at him all the time. In this battle I was using a rifle and a .45 Colt automatic. So I lined the Germans up in a line of two's, and I got between the ones in front, and I had the German major before me. So I marched them straight into those other machine guns and I got them. So when I got back to my major's P.C. (post of command) I had 132 prisoners."

Throughout the investigation that followed York's fight in the Argonne, he consistently played down the importance of the action. In his diary he sums up the fight in which he killed more than twenty men and captured 132 with this line : "So we had a hard battle for a little while." No boasting in that simple statement. When he marched his prisoners back to the battalion post of command, Brigadier General Lindsey said to him, "Well, York, I hear you have captured the whole German army," to which York replied modestly, "No, I only have 132." He seemed almost apologetic for bringing in a mere handful of prisoners.

The next morning twenty-eight dead Germans were found at the scene of the fight. York says that is the number of shots he fired. They also found thirty-five German machine guns and a lot of other small arms and ammunition.

The officers of the 82nd Division made this official report to General Headquarters: "The part which Corporal York individually played in the attack (the capture of the Decauville Railroad) is difficult to estimate. Practically unassisted he captured 132 Germans (three of whom were officers), took about thirty-five machine guns, and killed no less than twenty-five of the enemy, later found by others on the scene of York's extraordinary exploit. The story has been carefully checked in every possible detail from headquarters of this division and is entirely substantiated. Although York's statement tends to underestimate the desperate odds which he overcame, it has been decided to forward to higher authorities the account given in his own name. The success of this assault had a far-reaching effect in relieving the enemy pressure against American forces in the heart of the Argonne Forest."

Now...one last story-tale of bravery, and then I will shut the fuck up (as BigBadBrucie would have me do anyway :D ):

Joe Hooper was the most decorated soldier during the Vietnam War

He walked as tall as Alvin York and Audie Murphy. But they earned their combat records in World Wars I and II. Joe earned his medals in that unpopular war. That place called Vietnam.

At the age of 17 Joe enlisted in the Navy. He liked the service life and planned a military career. But when it was time to reenlist in 1961, he changed to the Army. Joe ended up with the 101st Airborne Division and went to Vietnam where he earned The Congressional Medal of Honor.

...Company D. was assualting a heavily defended enemy position along a river bank when it encountered a withering hail of fire from rockets, machine-guns and automatic weapons. He rallied several men and stormed across the river, over running several bunkers on the opposite shore.

.....With utter disregard for his own saftey, he moved out under the intense fire again and pulled back the wounded, moving them to saftey...Joe was seriously wounded, but refused medical aid and returned to his men. With the relentless enemy fire disrupting the attack, he single-handedly stormed three enemy bunkers, destroying them with hand grenades and rifle fire, and shot two enemy soldiers who had attacked and wounded the Chaplin....

Finding his men under heavy fire from a house to the front, he proceeded alone to the building, killing its occupants with rifle fire and grenades By now his initial body wound had been compounded by grenade fragments, yet, despite the multiple wounds and loss of blood, he continued to lead his men against the intense enemy fire....

He gathered several grenades and raced down a small trench which ran the length of the bunker line, tossing grenades into each bunker as he passed by, killing all but two of the occupants... He then raced across an open field, still under enemy fire, to rescue a wounded man who was trapped in a trench. Upon reaching the man, he was faced by an armed enemy soldier whom he killed with a pistol... He neutralized the final pocket of enemy resistance by fatally wounding three North Vietnamese officers...

Joe was wounded seven times that day. But he wouldn't allow himself to be removed from the battlefield until all his men were safe. He finally passed out from loss of blood.

He regained consiousness in a field hospital. But Joe was still worried about his men, young men who depended upon the experience of the 29 year old sargent.

The next day he stole a rifle and hitched a ride back to his outfit. Technially, he was AWOL. But by the time the Army found him two days later, Joe had been wounded again.

President Richard Nixon pinned the Medal of Honor on Joe, who had been comissioned a 2nd Lt. He went on a speaking tour across the nation.

Then he asked to go back to Vietnam.

After two combat tours in the war, Joe had received 37 medals. They included two Silver Stars(one of them had started out as another recommendation for a second Medal of Honor), six Bronze Stars and eight Purple Hearts.

Joe returned to duty at Fort Polk, La. where he was training recruits. But he didn't fit in well with stateside duty and he resigned his comission in 1972.

Joe was disillusioned by the Army and its lack of discipline. He believed that discipline and training were what paid off in combat. His wife said he cried that day as he watched the news films showing the last of the American forces being pulled out of Vietnam. He told her all those lives and all those broken bodies had been wasted. He said we had accomplished nothing.

Joe made many speeches about his combat experiences. He told a reporter he could smell the enemy. If someone asked, he would tell them about the day he won The Medal of Honor, "I had no choice that day, " Joe would say, "I did what I had to do."
That was Joe Hooper's philosophy in life. You do what you have to do at the time and face tomnorrow when it arrives.

Joe was in Louisville, Kentucky for the running of the Kentucky Derby, when he died on May 5,1979. He was found in a hotel room. He was 40 years old. He died a quiet death from a cerebral hemorrage while sleeping.

The above posts by all concerned should explain to everyone who reads this what heroism and bravery are all about.

These guys went out and kicked motherfucking ass!!!

I have no doubt there are a shitload of people in Iraq right now who actually are kicking serious ass, though as Nick said, soldiers these days get called heroes for doing almost nothing. Certainly when compared to the three brave soldiers mentioned above.

I am against war.

Always.

Certainly when it is another Vietnam. Based upon lies, and just merely a creation of the powers that be running the U.S. Government.

The soldiers who have gone overseas to fight deserve high praise. As with Vietnam, it is not their fault that there is so much corruption, evil, and high-level manipulation of world events going on.

They are just doing their job.

And I certainly hope that they can survive to come home to their families and friends.

Thus endeth the lecture.

:cool:

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Damn, my mouth got dry by the time i finished reading that post, lol.

But at least i read it... ;)

Warham
08-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Oh, I almosty forgot, lol.

LMAO!

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 09:00 AM
It's not good for morale when you know the populace is not behind you. When they don't support your mission.
Or when the soldiers don't know their mission. That kills morale.

This is America. When the populace, THE PEOPLE, are not "behind" you, and when the populace, THE PEOPLE, don't support or even know your mission then that's a clear sign in a democratic republic you don't belong activated for war. That's how America is supposed to work.

But that's not a soldiers problem, BBB.

In the military, discipline and training should over ride any second thoughts about if you will obey orders regardless if they are right or wrong (barring a blatant criminal order in your face to shoot a baby, burn the village, etc.)

And the fact that REAL soldiers obey their orders "right or wrong," is what's the American populaces' problem.

Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, and Cheney are the only ones who know why the U.S. is at war in Iraq. Bush is nothing more than a mouthpiece for this illegal invasion and U.S. build up of bases in Iraq. Rice and Ashcroft and the rest are the perfect peons.

As for anybody who WANTS to call themselves a soldier, before you enlist you should find out who your leaders are, what their politics are, and if they are in line with your politics. If they are then join up and who cares what people say if you're trained, willing volunteer soldiers? And just follow those orders blindly.

:spank:

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, while I have been researching and copying and pasting, Nick beat me to the punch! :D

You win medals, commendations, awards, honors, etc. for going "above and beyond the call of duty". Acts of heroism, bravery, etc. with no regard for your own safety or life.

Read about the stuff Audie Murphy did.

He was a true hero.

For instance, here is what he did to win the Congressional Medal Of Honor,
I know what you mean, Hardrocks69. Ever since Jessica Lynch the words "DECORATED VET" means nothing anymore to me with regards to Iraq.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Dear friend,

When it comes to Iraq, it's a pretty common thing.

What's rare is the guy who really jumped in the Humvee and grabbed a machine gun to fire on three hostile positions that ambushed his company while his men evac'd. He's dead. He was killed doing that deed -- for his friends on the battlefield. He didn't do it for me. He didn't do it for my freedom. He did't do it for you. He did't do it for his nation. He didn't do it for freedom.

I have less freedom now to speak my mind out without a "Homeland Security" visit for just speaking or posting something on a message board than I did before this war for my freedom.

In order to unravel this globalist, socialist "Homeland" state the U.S. civilian leadership hierarchy is heading the country to I think there can be nothing short of a civil war to reverse all of this, since voting for a two party system where BOTH parties are owned by the globalists cannot reverse it.

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 10:38 AM
LMAO!

Awesome, looks great as an avatar...enjoy!

Guitar Shark
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
They give that stuff away like candy now.

Thanks Nick, that's kinda what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Warham, love the avatar :D

Warham
08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I defend Bush most of the time, but it was too good to pass up. LOL