PDA

View Full Version : Scary-Ass Howl!!

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 03:47 AM
This shit gave me goosebumps, and I'm not squeamish!:confused:
I have no idea what the hell this is...

Listen (http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/daytondailynews/audio/0816woodsnoise.mp3)

Link (http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/videos/0816woodsnoise.html) for non-Quick-Time.

Howl in the night stumps Liberty

By William G. Schmidt

For the Dayton Daily News

JEFFERSON TWP., Montgomery County | It is a sound that's likely to cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up.

It's an eerie howl that has been waking some residents in a rural area just south of Liberty this summer. It's turned a few heads of residents coming home late at night.

The question in everyone's mind: what is it?

The source of the ghostly wail, at least, is pretty well pinpointed to between Liberty-Ellerton Road and Germantown-Liberty Road — a very natural area with a stream flowing from it into Bear Creek. It's a perfect wildlife habitat.

Rob Seiter, 55, who lives on the west side of the area, describes being awakened between 3 and 4 a.m. He and his wife, Mary, also have heard the sound earlier at about 11 p.m. — but always at night.

"We thought it was a bird," he said. "Then it sounded like something ripping something apart."

Bravely, Seiter decided to see if he could uncover the cause.

"I went out one night and there were two of whatever it is. I never saw them but they were definitely on the ground."

Being close to the source, Seiter said he heard the "call" end with a gurgle, even a 'baby growl.' "

Is it frightening?

"Oh, yeah!" Seiter said. Mary Seiter even obtained a copy of a tape, from a neighbor, with the shrieking sounds.

The Montgomery County sheriff's office reported no calls from residents frightened about the sound.

Doug Horvath, a naturalist at Germantown MetroPark Nature Center said he is stumped. It doesn't sound like any bird he's heard. He said there have been bobcat sightings in the area but it doesn't sound like that either.

Betty Ross, the director of the Glen Helen Raptor Center in Yellow Springs said, "Sounds human-like to me. The next closest would be coyotes, but even that doesn't fit, except for someone imitating them. It definitely doesn't sound like any birds I know, especially not raptors, and they are the ones I am most familiar with."

A neighbor to the east, Bonnie Maschino, 53, has heard it twice and thought it sounded like an injured animal. Still, although she's seen deer, raccoon, even a blue heron in the area, none seem to fit the bill.

Her next-door neighbor Bill Schlater, 54, says he thinks he knows what it is: a red fox.

"I got on the Internet and found a red fox warning sound. It was real faint but it's got the same sound," he said.

Schlater said he's seen young foxes in the area and even filmed them playing in his yard. He raises chickens for meat and that, he said, may explain some of the attraction to the area for the foxes.

While Schlater hasn't heard the wails since June 19, Seiter said he was still hearing them in early August, though fainter.

Schlater said even when the sounds were going full-throttle, he could go outside and clap his hands and get them to stop.

He took it all in stride as simply a hazard of living in the country.

"We get lots of noises."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/localnews/daily/0816howl.html

Matt White
08-30-2005, 12:44 PM
When you live out in the sticks....werid noises at night are kinda common place.....

Have a deer snort at you from close range...when your not expecting it or have any idea what it is.....kinda makes 'ya jumpy!!!

Jimmy Jingles
08-30-2005, 12:46 PM
I think it's Jesterstar getting ass fucked by his brother!

Fuck that is scary!

Soul Reaper
08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
erm...is that a wolf?

Matt White
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
They don't know yet.......

I've trailed deer in the dark...and jumped up animals in couldn't see....

They make some WEIRD noises........

Nice adrenaline rush.....

I know first hand what FRED BEAR was talking about in the Nugent song of the same name......

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
When you live out in the sticks....werid noises at night are kinda common place.....

Have a deer snort at you from close range...when your not expecting it or have any idea what it is.....kinda makes 'ya jumpy!!!

Oh yeah man...I heard this last night on Coast to Coast AM, and I was tired and loopy, and you hear that howl, it's pretty unnerving.

Matt White
08-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Ever heard a rabbit in pain?!?!

Scare 'ya half to death!!!:D

larbo
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
I know what every animal in the woods sounds like but this don't match anything known. this sound was caught on tape a long time ago and a zooligist analyzed it and could'nt come up with a match. could be the famed skunk ape?

Jesterstar
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
That shit is sort of fucked up sounding. Being a amature CRYPTOZOOLOGIST MYSELf I remember a story about some swamp man or something living in southern swamps or something that was sparking legends year ago back in 93 94

larbo
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
btw, there are a lot of great reports on this and other unknown phenomena at the good but liberal site - rense.com.

What are the undisputed facts about the bigfoot / sasquatch mystery?
It's a fact that for more than 400 years people have reported seeing large, hair-covered, man-like animals in the wilderness areas of North America.

It is a fact that sightings of these animals continue today. Real or not, these reports are often made by people of unimpeachable character.

It is a fact that, for over seventy years, people have been finding, photographing, and casting sets of very large human-shaped tracks. Most are discovered by chance in remote areas. These tracks continue to be found to this day.

It is a fact that the cultural histories of many Native American and First Nation peoples include stories and beliefs about non-human "peoples" of the wild. Many of these descriptions bear a striking resemblance to the hairy man-like creatures reported today.

These are some of the facts. There is, however, much disagreement as to what these facts mean.

Jesterstar
08-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I saw a cool story about bigfoots and how this one woman got some hairs and said the the bigfoot come and borrow food from her sometimes. It was crazy.