PDA

View Full Version : Where are they???

scamper
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
How many of these great countries around the world are going to come the the aid of the USA after Katrina beat the shit out of the southern part of our country. I'm guessing none....

thome
08-30-2005, 08:50 AM
You guessed rite!

Seshmeister
08-30-2005, 08:59 AM
If the US would start taking some responsibility for the huge harm she's doing to the worlds environment maybe you wouldn't get one of these storms every fucking year these days.

scamper
08-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
If the US would start taking some responsibility for the huge harm she's doing to the worlds environment maybe you wouldn't get one of these storms every fucking year these days.

Yeah because these storms never happened before the US became industrialized.

Seshmeister
08-30-2005, 09:17 AM
You don't think that they are a lot more common now?

scamper
08-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Most Hurricanes per year

12 1969
11 1916, 1950, 1995
10 1887,1893,1933,1998
9 1955,1980,1996

This is not the point of this thread anyway, the point is when something happens anywhere else in the world, we are expected to step up and help out, but if something happens here, everyone acts like we deserved it. Wait a minute you just proved my point....thanks.

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 09:41 AM
They were trying to hit New Orleans and create as much damage and death as they could.

Maybe next time! Marshal Law, FEMA, "your papers," it's all by plan.

See here:

www.cuttingedge.org/articles/weather.cfm

:spank:

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM

That's not true, I heard yesterday that global warming would have nothing to do with this. Warmer water temps. don't necessarily make for more hurricanes. This is more likely a decade cyclical thing.

I agree with your points to an extent on the environment and all, but I do believe that US emissions laws for autos are far more stringiant than the UK's, then again, you guys don't care cause all your shit just blows over to FRANCE.:)
But I could have sworn that you've stated in the past you don't believe in global warming....or in the KYOTO Treaty.

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by scamper
How many of these great countries around the world are going to come the the aid of the USA after Katrina beat the shit out of the southern part of our country. I'm guessing none....

Well seeing as we're the richest nation that has ever existed on the face of the EARTH, I'm guessing we can handle it ourselves....

The scale of human and property loss is nothing compared to the tsunami....

BTW, you can donate to the RED CROSS Relief fund (http://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_3132,00.html) if you want.
http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7497&stc=1

Seshmeister
08-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That's not true, I heard yesterday that global warming would have nothing to do with this. Warmer water temps. don't necessarily make for more hurricanes. This is more likely a decade cyclical thing.

I agree with your points to an extent on the environment and all, but I do believe that US emissions laws for autos are far more stringiant than the UK's, then again, you guys don't care cause all your shit just blows over to FRANCE.:)
But I could have sworn that you've stated in the past you don't believe in global warming....or in the KYOTO Treaty.

Actually I was just pushing buttons with that post...:)

And now we have Phil appearing with his magical wind making machine again...:)

The US does create half of all the greenhouse gasses in the world which is no mean feat for 4% of the worlds population.

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
We've got Indians over here. They've been here a long time. They do rain dances! We can't talk about it on this message board. Sit back and smoke 'em peace pipe if you got 'em. December 21, 2012, it's all over.

scamper
08-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Well seeing as we're the richest nation that has ever existed on the face of the EARTH, I'm guessing we can handle it ourselves....

BTW, you can donate to the RED CROSS Relief fund (http://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_3132,00.html) if you want.
http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7497&stc=1

Everyone knows we can take care of our own, but you would think someone would at least offer up some physical assistance, maybe help with some cleanup. Hey maybe some of those giving hollywood actors could help out too.

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Everyone knows we can take care of our own, but you would think someone would at least offer up some physical assistance, maybe help with some cleanup. Hey maybe some of those giving hollywood actors could help out too.
There are white caps on that street.:eek:

BigBadBrian
08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Actually I was just pushing buttons with that post...:)

The US does create half of all the greenhouse gasses in the world which is no mean feat for 4% of the worlds population.

It's all the hot and spicy food we eat.

Bobby Flay, Mark Miller, and other great Southwestern Cuisine chefs all have us eating warm and toasty. yum yum. Gotta go harvest my chiles now.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 12:10 PM

I'm sure there are a lot of MEXICAN Nationals that will do it for $5 an hour.:)

This shit's heading right my way...:(
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT12/refresh/AL1205P_sm2+gif/144557P_sm.gif

Guitar Shark
08-30-2005, 12:13 PM

While it may not affect the frequency (and I just don't know), I'm pretty sure that warmer water temps increase the severity and ferocity of hurricanes.

knuckleboner
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM

U.S.A.!! U.S.A.!! U.S.A.!! ;)

and as to the meat of the thread;

nick is right. the U.S. gives physical and financial aid to countries that have had a disaster hit, that don't have the ability to do it themselves.

the U.S. does. we can make the search and rescues. and we can rebuild the infrastructure and take care of the victims.

honestly, if russia said, "we'd like to send a search and rescue team," we would politely decline. the world's greatest S&R teams are already here.

mind you, if the damage was widespread enough, we'd accept help. and i'm sure it would be offered.

but as bad as the damage and the loss of life is here, it's small potatoes to us, country-wide.

Cathedral
08-30-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't want their fucking help. they'd only bitch because we took it or worse, think we owe them something.

No Thanks, we'll take care of our own problems and continue letting them owe us.

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
and as to the meat of the thread;

nick is right. the U.S. gives physical and financial aid to countries that have had a disaster hit, that don't have the ability to do it themselves.

the U.S. does. we can make the search and rescues. and we can rebuild the infrastructure and take care of the victims.

honestly, if russia said, "we'd like to send a search and rescue team," we would politely decline. the world's greatest S&R teams are already here.

mind you, if the damage was widespread enough, we'd accept help. and i'm sure it would be offered.

but as bad as the damage and the loss of life is here, it's small potatoes to us, country-wide.
This is absolutely true. We don't need the help. And with all of the insurance policies in the world's largest economy and with the new $2 an hour illegal Mexican labor there's actually going to be a short term economic boom in the south.

m_dixon1984
08-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Please...Canada always helps out...we helped during 9/11 both here (letting redirected flights land at Canadian airports) and NYC (firefighters and rescue workers helped out - arriving from all over the country but mostly Quebec and Ontario).

When Ivan struck there were large contigents of Canadians that volunteered for cleanup and worked with the Red Cross.

Trust me, if Katrina has done the damage it seems to have done, Canadians will be there to help.

M

Phil theStalker
08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Please...Canada always helps out...we helped during 9/11 both here (letting redirected flights land at Canadian airports) and NYC (firefighters and rescue workers helped out - arriving from all over the country but mostly Quebec and Ontario).

When Ivan struck there were large contigents of Canadians that volunteered for cleanup and worked with the Red Cross.

Trust me, if Katrina has done the damage it seems to have done, Canadians will be there to help.

M If I had a neighbor like you've got, on 9/11 I'd have called the cops on them. And, I'd keep my eye on them after that one, indeed.

Seshmeister
08-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
This is absolutely true. We don't need the help. And with all of the insurance policies in the world's largest economy and with the new $2 an hour illegal Mexican labor there's actually going to be a short term economic boom in the south.

Exactly, Bush will just borrow another $10 billion from the Chinese and the problem is solved.

The $10 billion will be recycled into $9 billion of reconstruction work plus $1 billion in campaign funds for the Republicans from the companies that get the work.

The taxpayer then pays back the Chinamen.

That's the way the system works.

Cheers!

:gulp:

m_dixon1984
08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
We haven't learnt a thing from 9/11. Seriously, I was returning from the US a few weeks ago and a friend I met came back with me (US citizen, no passport, only an Arizona driver's license and some Virginia ID with a current mailing address). Didn't matter anyway...the Canadian Customs agent didn't ask either of us for ID. A few questions (where were you? why? where you going? how long for?), then we were let through. I couldn't believe it!! 4 years after 9/11 and people can still get through a Canadian border crossing without showing any ID. I don't need to keep an eye on the US I need to keep that eye trained on my own front door.
M

BTW - for those interested in coming up, that was the Vermont border crossing, I91 North.

Phil theStalker
08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
We haven't learnt a thing from 9/11. Seriously, I was returning from the US a few weeks ago and a friend I met came back with me (US citizen, no passport, only an Arizona driver's license and some Virginia ID with a current mailing address). Didn't matter anyway...the Canadian Customs agent didn't ask either of us for ID. A few questions (where were you? why? where you going? how long for?), then we were let through. I couldn't believe it!! 4 years after 9/11 and people can still get through a Canadian border crossing without showing any ID. I don't need to keep an eye on the US I need to keep that eye trained on my own front door.
M

BTW - for those interested in coming up, that was the Vermont border crossing, I91 North.
I don't know if anybody noticed, like Germany Homeland Security, but there are these big lakes in North America between the American and Canadian borders. I own a beach on an island in Lake Erie and my whole life I've been crossing the border in a small boat to do my fishing. Back and forth, back and forth, all day long I go wherever the fish are and I never see even a game warden. That's important too, because I've never had a fishing license in my entire life. Fuck authority.

QUESTION:

Hey, who are the freaks of the world who want to sneak into the U.S. or Canada and they see the north and south land crossing borders wide open, the Great Lakes water borders are wide open, and the east and west coast lines without anybody there to "search" you for thousand of miles of coast line of these borders and then somebody who really wants to "sneak" in goes through a fucking airport that's loaded with cameras everywhere and a cadre of $7 an hour imperial forces who were flipping burgers before they got those jobs and municipal city police, maybe a few reservists with M-16's -- for your little daughter and son to see the FREEDOM in the land where their fathers died, land of the Pilgrims pride? Yes, this is a question. Do you see the question mark? A long sentence question.

Anybody got any answers?

Phil theStalker
08-31-2005, 03:35 AM
The answer is, the REAL America, the American PEOPLE, are going to realize they (not Bush and Cheney whose friends need the bases, and they have UK "friends," too, i.e., BP) don't need ANY bases in the Iraq just like they don't need ANY bases in Vietnam or there is going to be WWIII this time around.

Where are the lessons learned of Vietnam to the American people? Where are the lessons learned of Vietnam on America to the UK people?

Vietnam was a growing pain of the new nuclear age, and of the American people. If they have not learned anything from those disastrous times and at the price and cost of human lives on both sides of the war, then they will make the mistake again by letting corporate politicians put bases in foreign lands for profits and not liberty, while all the while claiming democracy is coming to Vietnam or Iraq just to fool the foolish a little longer, who believe the altruistic, unselfish, need for ultimate sacrifice lies about these wars.

These people who seize power for gains and ambitions are people of destruction and profits and the best thing I can say about them is that we have trials and prisons waiting for them. That's what I say, while others may and will say, line them up against a wall and shoot them.

Reality and history confirm both will happen whenever the people have been unjustly taken advantage of their lifes, limbs, and property by a despot or despotic, authoritarian government that circumvents the will of the people.

The American people want peace. They want cheap fuel. They want prosperity again and not an oligarchy economy and government. They will get what they want, peace and prosperity (life, limb, and proptery), be at friendship with their neighbors fellow nations of the earth, and the getting on of the business of staying away from wars while dealing with opposing ideologies.

That's a successful outcome of good government (peace and prosperity).

War is a failure of government.

We now have a failure in government in the U.S..

The UK also has a failure in it's government.

And we're all going to have to start fixing it.

If you think things are bad now just wait until the people move on this failure of government in the U.S. in a major way.

DrMaddVibe
08-31-2005, 06:50 AM

That's not even funny.

You'd bleed your heart and blather on about tsunami aid to island nations where most wore coconut bras and didn't have a transistor radio to listen to to alert themselves to the "big wave" and berate others about how we're supposed to open up our wallets and give while we faced hurricanes in Florida...now you have the "courage" to state we can suck it up because we're rich.

Fuck you commie bastard!

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
That's not even funny.

You'd bleed your heart and blather on about tsunami aid to island nations where most wore coconut bras and didn't have a transistor radio to listen to to alert themselves to the "big wave" and berate others about how we're supposed to open up our wallets and give while we faced hurricanes in Florida...now you have the "courage" to state we can suck it up because we're rich.

Fuck you commie bastard!

Wow Ms.FagVibbe, wrong on so many levels...as usual. Typical racist, ignorant blather from an AMERICAN IDOL watching fuck bag...

Gee, I guess radio warnings are really useful when nobody can afford a radio, but I digress...

When did I berate anybody from "opening their wallets" for FLORIDA? I just berated you for being such a whiny bitch...

Say cunt, why don't you further go rationalize why 40% of our Guardsmen/Reservists are in the Middle East, which is hampering the relief effort? No, it's all my fault...

I didn't say anything of the kind, I merely stated a fact. We are far richer than any other nation on earth ever has been. So how is money an issue?

I can tell you're really outraged over this, so here is something to make you feel better..

http://entimg.msn.com/i/200/mu/Clay_Aiken_color_2_hi_res_200x250.jpg

BTW idiot, who posted the RED CROSS donation link, so even foreigners can donate? It wasn't you dick bag. So fuck off! I can tell how concerned with things you really are...

Cathedral
08-31-2005, 10:31 AM
It really isn't worth arguing over, guys!
How many other countries so far have offered up anything anyway?

None yet that i know of, but we'll see if that changes in the next day or two.

Only 20% of the people in N'awlen's had flood insurance so the tax payer, that's you and I, will be footing the brunt of this bill on top of finally peaking and possibly shooting way over $3 bucks a gallon for gas.

The only plus is that there is so much needed to rebuild, it may actually help generate jobs and revenue before it's over.

We are Americans and our ability to bounce back is as strong today as it ever was.
FTW (Fuck the World), if they send aid, fine.
If they don't then that's fine too.

scamper
08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Only 20% of the people in N'awlen's had flood insurance

Amazing, but not surprising

Cathedral
08-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Amazing, but not surprising

I agree, cause the shit is very expensive in areas below sea level, and worse still at the coast lines.
And after the payout here those premiums will go higher still.

I can't get flood insurance here where i am, it isn't offered.
But i live on a wooded hill so my priority was Tornado and Fire Insurance.
i just wish i wasn't so close to the damn Golf Course, lol.

Some people really need to work on their swings.

DrMaddVibe
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Typical commie shitbag response nick the dick!

DLR'sCock
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Most Hurricanes per year

12 1969
11 1916, 1950, 1995
10 1887,1893,1933,1998
9 1955,1980,1996

This is not the point of this thread anyway, the point is when something happens anywhere else in the world, we are expected to step up and help out, but if something happens here, everyone acts like we deserved it. Wait a minute you just proved my point....thanks.

Table 3: The 30 costliest tropical cyclones to strike the U.S. mainland, with addendum for Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Damages are listed in US dollars and are not adjusted for inflation.

1 Andrew (SE FL, SE LA) 1992 5 26,500,000,000
2 Charley (SW FL) 2004 4 15,000,000,000
3 Ivan (AL/NW FL) 2004 3 14,200,000,000
4 Frances (FL) 2004 2 8,900,000,000
5 Hugo (SC) 1989 4 7,000,000,000
6 Jeanne (FL) 2004 3 6,900,000,000
7 Allison (N TX) 2001 TSa 5,000,000,000
8 Floyd (Mid-Atlantic & NE U.S.) 1999 2 4,500,000,000
9 Isabel (Mid-Atlantic) 2003 2 3,370,000,000
10 Fran (NC) 1996 3 3,200,000,000
11 Opal (NW FL, AL) 1995 3 3,000,000,000
12 Frederic (AL, MS) 1979 3 2,300,000,000
13 Agnes (FL, NE U.S.) 1972 1 2,100,000,000
14 Alicia (N TX) 1983 3 2,000,000,000
15 Bob (NC, NE U.S.) 1991 2 1,500,000,000
16 Juan (LA) 1985 1 1,500,000,000
17 Camille (MS, SE LA, VA) 1969 5 1,420,700,000
18 Betsy (SE FL, SE LA) 1965 3 1,420,500,000
19 Elena (MS, AL, NW FL) 1985 3 1,250,000,000
20 Georges (FL Keys, MS, AL) 1998 2 1,155,000,000
21 Gloria (Eastern US) 1985 3 900,000,000
22 Lili (SC LA) 2002 1 860,000,000
23 Diane (NE U.S.) 1955 1 831,700,000
24 Bonnie (NC, VA) 1998 2 720,000,000
25 Erin (NW FL) 1995 2 700,000,000
26 Allison (N TX) 1989 TSa 500,000,000
27 Alberto (NW FL, GA, AL) 1994 TSa 500,000,000
28 Frances (TX) 1998 TSa 500,000,000
29 Eloise (NW FL) 1975 3 490,000,000
30 Carol (NE U.S.) 1954 3 461,000,000
Addendum (Rank is independent of other events in group)
15 Georges (USVI, PR) 1998 3 1,800,000,000
15 Iniki (Kaua'i, HI) 1992 Unknown 1,800,000,000
17 Marilyn (USVI, PR) 1995 2 1,500,000,000
21 Hugo (USVI, PR) 1989 4 1,000,000,000
26 Hortense (PR) 1996 1 500,000,000

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Typical commie shitbag response nick the dick!

Go burn a cross FaggVibe...

DrMaddVibe
08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Generalizing again?

Won't work moron!

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Generalizing again?

Won't work moron!

Ahaha!

DrMaddVibe
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
So when are you gonna start the telethons for Katrina victims?

Have you finished up cleaning the tsunami yet?

What was the total amount given by the US?

We could probably use that right here.

It's sad that your kind like to blab about how wrong the US is and when any other fucked up nation sneezes or burps you all want to run and wipe their noses and pat their backs. When it happens here on our soil you have your little jokes by putting a Red Cross vehicle submerged and say donate.

Class act.

scorpioboy33
08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
you see your guessing wrong
Canadian relief agencies start to help Katrina victims

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/08/31/Canadian_relief_Katrina20050831.html

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
So when are you gonna start the telethons for Katrina victims?

Never started a telethon genius...I posted a couple links, and your tampon became bloody over it.

Have you finished up cleaning the tsunami yet?

I dunno, it' didn't hit me...

What was the total amount given by the US?

Who gives a fuck?

We could probably use that right here.

Gee ASSVIBE, I been saying that about IRAQ everyday? We given them more money than we have the tsunami...

It's sad that your kind like to blab about how wrong the US is and when any other fucked up nation sneezes or burps you all want to run and wipe their noses and pat their backs. When it happens here on our soil you have your little jokes by putting a Red Cross vehicle submerged and say donate.

Class act.

How was I making a joke? Again, your a complete idiot. I showed the destructivness of it...

Actually, you're the one that made the joke:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=672564#post672564

Of course, you're only comment on this is that your pissed ELVIS isn't here to be your little right wing Mod...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=672910#post672910

Keep making your self the joke of the Forum AssVIbe...;)

Unchainme
08-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
you see your guessing wrong
Canadian relief agencies start to help Katrina victims

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/08/31/Canadian_relief_Katrina20050831.html

God Bless Canada!!!, We never did get a chance to thank you For RUSH,, Canada has always been there with us, I hope we can be as supportive of you as you have been with us the next time you guys experience a Diaster like this.

scorpioboy33
08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
despite the retoric we love our brothers and sisters to the south...

:)

ODShowtime
08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
God Bless Canada!!!, We never did get a chance to thank you For RUSH,, Canada has always been there with us, I hope we can be as supportive of you as you have been with us the next time you guys experience a Diaster like this.

Heaven forbid we don't say "thank you" to the polite Canadians :rolleyes:

then again Rush does kick ass!:D

scorpioboy33
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
It's a strange truth but we are a polite obsessed people...I'm Canadian and I see it but I think it's a good thing!

ODShowtime
08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
It's a strange truth but we are a polite obsessed people...I'm Canadian and I see it but I think it's a good thing!

Hey I'm a very polite person, and I enjoyed Canadian manners in Toronto. I was just busting Angel's balls.

scorpioboy33
08-31-2005, 10:10 PM
:)...yah I know....and THANK YOU for telling me that and SORRY for jumping to the wrong conclusion.....HAVE A GREAT DAY EH? and THANKS for reading this

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 10:23 PM
:)...yah I know....and THANK YOU for telling me that and SORRY for jumping to the wrong conclusion.....HAVE A GREAT DAY EH? and THANKS for reading this

You eat French fries smothered in gravy...

scorpioboy33
08-31-2005, 10:26 PM
gravy and cheese actually...it's funny when I go to rest. in the states and ask for Gravy for my fries . You guys have biscuits with Sausage gravy...I freaking love em

Romeo Delight
08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Canada's coming...We got your back!!

B.C. urban rescue team headed to Louisiana
CTV.ca News Staff

A specialized urban search and rescue team from Vancouver will be joining the rescue efforts in Louisiana in the wake of hurricane Katrina.

B.C. Solicitor General John Les said the province decided to send Vancouver Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) after officials in Louisiana asked for help.

"We're the first non-U.S.-based team to be requested," said Les. "They're going to be helping as many people as they can."

CTV Vancouver has learned that the team will board a plane Wednesday night heading to Lafayette, Louisiana, where local authorities will direct them to devastated areas.

Tim Armstrong, USAR's task force leader, said he's spoken with Louisiana authorities.

"The last conversation that I had with them, they're in a bit of a crisis management mode trying to figure out where the need for teams is, and where the resources are going to be best used," he said.

The 45- person team -- which was dispatched to Southeast Asia after the Boxing Day tsunami -- is equipped to provide emergency room doctors, building engineers and swift water rescue personnel.

Earlier Wednesday, Canadian officials said they're prepared to send whatever type of aid the U.S. needs.

"We want to reassure the president and the people of the United States that we are their best friends and their neighbour, and we will be there to help them in a situation that truly is without parallel in our country or theirs,'' said Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan.

She added that on Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Human Health Services contacted Canada's public health agency, asking for an inventory of emergency supplies that Canada could send at a moment's notice.

That inventory was completed Wednesday.

McLellan said U.S. officials are still assessing their needs, but Canada will be prepared to send everything from water purification systems to the Canadian military's Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART).

Prime Minister Paul Martin was set to speak by phone Thursday with U.S. President George W. Bush about what Canada can do to help the reconstruction effort.

Elsewhere in Canada, Ontario is looking into whether its medical and hydro workers can help, and Premier Dalton McGuinty spoke to the U.S. ambassador to Canada asking what the province can do.

"We stand at the ready to assist,'' said McGuinty, who added Ontario could help with its Emergency Medical Assistance Team.

Relief efforts by Canadians in disaster zones are largely organized in Ottawa, but McGuinty said he wants to know from Ambassador David Wilkins what specifically Ontario can do.

Manitoba Premier Gary Doer said officials with Manitoba Hydro have also offered to send staff to the affected areas to help restore power.

Canadian Red Cross spokesperson Suzanne Charest said lists of volunteers experienced in large-scale disasters were being assembled.

"If you look at the impact of hurricane Katrina, we'll be sending well over 100 Canadian Red Cross workers in the coming weeks,'' Charest told Canadian Press from Ottawa.

Most of the volunteers will help spell off exhausted American relief workers in the coming months, she said.

With a report from CTV Vancouver's St. John Alexander

Nickdfresh
08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
gravy and cheese actually...it's funny when I go to rest. in the states and ask for Gravy for my fries . You guys have biscuits with Sausage gravy...I freaking love em

What's even funnier is the GERMANS eat fries with mayo. Strange, but good...

scamper
09-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Table 3: The 30 costliest tropical cyclones to strike the U.S. mainland, with addendum for Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Damages are listed in US dollars and are not adjusted for inflation.

1 Andrew (SE FL, SE LA) 1992 5 26,500,000,000
2 Charley (SW FL) 2004 4 15,000,000,000
3 Ivan (AL/NW FL) 2004 3 14,200,000,000
4 Frances (FL) 2004 2 8,900,000,000
5 Hugo (SC) 1989 4 7,000,000,000
6 Jeanne (FL) 2004 3 6,900,000,000
7 Allison (N TX) 2001 TSa 5,000,000,000
8 Floyd (Mid-Atlantic & NE U.S.) 1999 2 4,500,000,000
9 Isabel (Mid-Atlantic) 2003 2 3,370,000,000
10 Fran (NC) 1996 3 3,200,000,000
11 Opal (NW FL, AL) 1995 3 3,000,000,000
12 Frederic (AL, MS) 1979 3 2,300,000,000
13 Agnes (FL, NE U.S.) 1972 1 2,100,000,000
14 Alicia (N TX) 1983 3 2,000,000,000
15 Bob (NC, NE U.S.) 1991 2 1,500,000,000
16 Juan (LA) 1985 1 1,500,000,000
17 Camille (MS, SE LA, VA) 1969 5 1,420,700,000
18 Betsy (SE FL, SE LA) 1965 3 1,420,500,000
19 Elena (MS, AL, NW FL) 1985 3 1,250,000,000
20 Georges (FL Keys, MS, AL) 1998 2 1,155,000,000
21 Gloria (Eastern US) 1985 3 900,000,000
22 Lili (SC LA) 2002 1 860,000,000
23 Diane (NE U.S.) 1955 1 831,700,000
24 Bonnie (NC, VA) 1998 2 720,000,000
25 Erin (NW FL) 1995 2 700,000,000
26 Allison (N TX) 1989 TSa 500,000,000
27 Alberto (NW FL, GA, AL) 1994 TSa 500,000,000
28 Frances (TX) 1998 TSa 500,000,000
29 Eloise (NW FL) 1975 3 490,000,000
30 Carol (NE U.S.) 1954 3 461,000,000
Addendum (Rank is independent of other events in group)
15 Georges (USVI, PR) 1998 3 1,800,000,000
15 Iniki (Kaua'i, HI) 1992 Unknown 1,800,000,000
17 Marilyn (USVI, PR) 1995 2 1,500,000,000
21 Hugo (USVI, PR) 1989 4 1,000,000,000
26 Hortense (PR) 1996 1 500,000,000

I would like to see these numbers after they are adjusted for inflation.

scamper
09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
and adjusted for population growth

Phil theStalker
09-01-2005, 11:10 AM
What's even funnier is the GERMANS eat fries with mayo. Strange, but good... Potato salad, nicky..

www.indepthinfo.com/potato

Romeo Delight
09-02-2005, 02:35 AM
USAR (Urban Search and Rescue) left for New Orleans Wednesday night.

According to their team leader, they were unable to attempt rescues due to unrelenting gunfire. They were being targeted and so those trapped and in need of medical assistance are stranded.

They are trained for just this type of scenario http://www.can-tf1.org/

Fuck!! Need to get some order down there. Is it those who are looting who want to keep the authorities away?

FORD
09-02-2005, 02:58 AM
What's even funnier is the GERMANS eat fries with mayo. Strange, but good...

I used to eat french fries with Bleu Cheese dressing. Chili cheese fries are great too, but I don't eat those very often anymore. It would send my blood pressure through the ceiling faster than the last 2 Chimp press conferences.

(As Mick Jagger once said - in his mid 20's no less - "What a drag it is getting old")

ashstralia
09-02-2005, 03:13 AM
i just saw on the news that we're sending 10 mil.

i know it ain't much, but when the appeals kick in

i'm sure there'll be more.

MAX
09-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
i just saw on the news that we're sending 10 mil.

i know it ain't much, but when the appeals kick in

i'm sure there'll be more.

Oz kicks ass and that's why you are the best mates around!!!