PDA

View Full Version : Outta Love again

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Outta love again is one of the BEST VH songs ever??

Jérôme Frenchise
08-30-2005, 09:24 AM
No, you aren't!:D

The main riff is huge and Dave's vocals are amongst his very best. VHII is often mentioned here as the most exciting album, by an inch...

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 09:36 AM
absolutly brother! His vocals STILL give me the chills. Alex's drums? Stellar

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 09:46 AM
I would give anything to see and hear Dave back in the day..74 through 85...man!

DABSR
08-30-2005, 12:46 PM
YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!!

Van Halen II is a phenominal album and "outta Love Again" ... awesome ...just awesome. And although I've been seeing them every time they've come to the area beginning with WACF, I've never seen them do it live.

But I will say, for those of you lucky enough to have caught the tours from the first 5 albums ....unreal. There was NO band that could touch them. (And I only list the first 5 because talking started to take the place of a lot of lyrics during the "1984" tour ...sad but true)

Hopefully someday someone will put together a live video compilation of their perfomrances through the years so everyone can see what they did ...which was quite simply ....REIGN !!!

I won't get into a pissing match about this singer, that singer blah blah blah ... but the music world needs the original line-up back together so that "Me Wise Magic" can be be expanded upon.

They might fight, but soemthing happens when these guys get together ...something that could once again ...be unstoppable.

just sayin'

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Dabsr..you rule my man. I wish i could've been there! I saw Roth and Spammy on tour back in 2002. Roth was amazing..he didnt stop moving once..spam? Sat on his ass sweating the whole time. There is just NO comparison...

DABSR
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Well, although I know I'm not in the majority as far as these forums are concerned, but from day 1 I've been an Edward Van Halen fan ...period. So whoever HE comes with, I will go to see whenever they come to the area.

But I also believe in some truths, whether I share them alone or not, I believe them to be true.

Edward changed how the guitar is played forever, as Jimi did. Edward is yet another innovator. No, he didn't create hammer-ons and pull-offs, but he incorporated them into a full blown style.

David is an unbelievable lyricist and quite possibly the best front man of all time.

Sammy is a good, vanilla flavored rocker that churns out good, safe and predictable tunes ...that sell. They aren't necessarily better than David's, but they got more radio play.

Fine.

Van Halen albums may have sold more with Sammy than David, but anyone with a level head will agree ... the David years, more specifically for me, the first 4 albums .... are as legendary as the band was. And the last 2 albums were great, but for various reasons, for me, show a decline in the machine.

I've heard David has put some great stuff out, which I have to admit, I haven't heard. But thanks to this forum and some level headed members, I will be checking some of his stuff out.

In the meantime ....here's hoping the original four eventually work things out !!!

DavidLeeNatra
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DABSR
Van Halen albums may have sold more with Sammy than David...

ok...rookie...now go to the blackboard and write a 1000 times...

"dave era outsold hagar era 2:1 and number #1 records don't mean 'more sold' records"

ben halen
08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Outta Love Again is a great, great song. The whole band is just clicking on all gears.

Van Halen II is a fucking beast!

Romeo Delight
08-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by ben halen
Outta Love Again is a great, great song. The whole band is just clicking on all gears.

Van Halen II is a fucking beast!

It is too bad that the sonic quality of VH II is so shitty.

By far the worst sounding recording...paper thin drums, thin guitar (for the most part)

I haven't bought re-mastered one yet...

Such a shame

Dirty Duck
08-31-2005, 09:52 AM
davidflamma...buy the remasters....i think you'll be pleased.

Dirty Duck
08-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Let's also not forget "light up the sky"...

Dirty Duck
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
...and D.O.A

DABSR
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
And "Women in love"

DABSR
08-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Phenominal vocals on "Women in love" as well

DABSR
08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
And leenatra ... so sorry to get that wrong. I don't follow the chart success (obviously) just the music, more importantly Edward. And I refuse to get into it with you about David vs Edward and all the boring shit.

lets face it, there are only 4 people who REALLY know what went down with the original line up. The rest of us speculate and enjoy the rumor mills too much.

Not me. Don't care.

Bring back the original line up. IF they don't, Edward ALex and Michael should create the power trio to end all power trios.

Just sayin

Dirty Duck
08-31-2005, 10:51 AM
I agree...

Nitro Express
09-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Those early VH shows were phenominal, legendary shows. I saw VH in 84 and you're right, the early energy and abandon was gone.

I think Eddie Van Halen is shot. They guy could play during the VH3 tour very well but after his chemotherapy he's toast. Eddie was a headcase before but now he's like insane. Naw, Van Halen is done. We've seen and heard everything Eddie had to offer and now he's slipping into obscurity. Sadly, the bands disfunction has hurt it's mainstream image so bad, that Eddie isn't even sometimes considered one of the world's greatest guitarists. It's sad. Eddie is a ledgend for people who know but to the mainstream, he's fading.

DABSR
09-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Yea ... I'm sure there are a few knuckleheads out there that don't think much of Edward or his playing. But the truth is he's the best guitarist of the past 30 something years.

As Jimi changed guitar playing by utilizing feedback, which he didn't invent, Edward changed guitar playing by utilizing hammer-ons, pull-offs etc, which HE didn't invent.

But if it weren't for Edward, regardless of what's on his mind right now, the whole 80's music scene would have been much weaker than people view it as now. All those players ... man ... they may have figured out what Edward was doing, but no one but him forged the way.

And when he dies, then and only then will his genius be the focal point.

They may very well be done, which is sad, but crazier resurrections have happened before

:cool: