PDA

View Full Version : Worst Van Hagar/Cherone Song.

WARF
08-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Here's the nominees!

bigc
08-30-2005, 03:57 PM
feels so good.

so cheesy

and so cheesily bad.

WARF
08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
it's too bad I didn't have more poll options.

I'd name the whole catelogue!

bigc
08-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I just thought feels so good was just....totally abysmal.

the lowest point on the worst album of the "Van Hagar/Cherone" era

WARF
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
I've heard worse.

But yeah it's pretty bad.

Not as bad as the newest rock concept.... THE FOOD BALLAD

UP FOR BREAKFAST! LOL

Dirty Duck
08-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Worst? When it's love. I want to throw up every time I hear it? Did you see the video? Christ...He actually tries to do KICKS like dave...pathetic.

bigc
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
argh.that put me off eating breakfast...FACT

and do you know what happened cos I stopped eating breakfast...due to me having crap blood..I was draining myself of some mineral/vitimins, and potentially making myself quite ill.

so Van Hagar made me ill..bastards

Guitar Shark
08-30-2005, 04:24 PM
How Many Say I, without a doubt.

WARF
08-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Personal attack towards band members will not be tolerated.

I hope you consider this in the future.

One karma point will be deducted.

Thank-you!

Guitar Shark
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Personal attack towards band members will not be tolerated.

I hope you consider this in the future.

One karma point will be deducted.

Thank-you!

Moving to the Watering Hole...

WARF
08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Moving to the Watering Hole...

Where the thread will never be found again! LOL

I kinda miss the dome... as much as I hated it. LOL

"no news is good news...."

Big Fat Sammy
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Gotta go with Up For Breakfast

As far as cheesiest goes...Feels So Good

Saw the video on VH1 Classic the other day...Unbelievably gay.

ben halen
08-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Why Can't This Be Love?

Not just for the obvious grossness, but I vividly remember listening to a dj excitedly introducing "new" Van Halen and then playing it.
I still get the same pit in my stomach just thinking about it.

Big Fat Sammy
08-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ben halen
Why Can't This Be Love?

Not just for the obvious grossness, but I vividly remember listening to a dj excitedly introducing "new" Van Halen and then playing it.
I still get the same pit in my stomach just thinking about it.

I remember that as well...then the DJ played the "new" David Lee Roth.

Yankee Rose! ;)

Wonder Twins
08-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Not even close How many Say I I cant believe a song like In A simple Rhyme is in the same fucking catalogue as that work of shit.

Wawazat
08-31-2005, 02:43 AM
Itīs impossible to vote.

Those are not songs :confused:

zeronumber
08-31-2005, 05:13 PM
I go with How many say I, mostly because it's by far the gayest van halen song I ever heard, if not...the gayest song ever.

You know, I was always interested to hear what ed's singing voice would be like, as well as exactly how gay would a van halen duet be.

Well, needless to say, my therories were correct.

Polk High
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
i went w/ its about time in place of the obvious how many say i.

I don't consider that to be VH

nosuchluck
09-01-2005, 01:11 PM
love walks in

theicecreamman
09-01-2005, 01:17 PM
New World and Josphenia was a terrible song. VH3 was a terrible album that made Sammy's singing actually seem mediocre.

DavidLeeNatra
09-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't know most of the songs but voted for "how many say I"...and warf...this thread does definitely NOT belong in the song-forum :D

audiospectrum
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Top Of The World.

The video, the chorus, the riff!!!! Ah Van Hagar, sold out to the max.

SammySucks1984
09-01-2005, 11:18 PM
its about time was only because hagar thought that he could make a song that is the magnitude of Me wise magic.

spmusicplyr
09-01-2005, 11:24 PM
learning to see and how many say i.

i liked without you...josephina, one i want was close but no cigar...those songs are a little drawn out if they were maybe 3 1/2 min each they would have been ok

DrMaddVibe
09-01-2005, 11:56 PM
All of them sucked!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE

zeronumber
09-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by theicecreamman
New World and Josphenia was a terrible song. VH3 was a terrible album that made Sammy's singing actually seem mediocre.

The track was called "Neworld", and it was an instrumental track.:rolleyes:

Buford Pusser
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Up for Breakfast has to be the dickcheesiest song that I have ever heard,How Many say I would be next on the list,...

Matt White
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
All of them sucked!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE

Thank you Good DR!!!!

"Shite" is "Shite"

Dave's Bitch
06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
up for breakfast. could you imagine dave singing these lyrics?

She put the cream in my coffee (first thing in the morning)
Put that butter on my biscuit (honeydew my melons)
Cherries on bananas (gonna need a second helpin')
You know I'm up for breakfast so early in the morning

VanHalenFan5150
06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Anything off any Hagar album sucks. 5150 is only barely listen-able... If it was an instrumental only album then i'm sure it'd be great but otherwise Van Hagar sucks. I gotta say though, I really happened to like Van Halen 3... No matter how bad people think it was

Onofrio
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Cant Stop Loving You is their cheesiest by far, makes me cringe. And the video is embarrassingly bad: newlywed midgets! old people cuddling! The lead singer is overweight and wearing a sweater! I mean, didn't three of these guys once make Hot For Teacher?

VAiN
06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm gonna toss 'Source of Infection' in there as well... truly a piece of shit song. The riffs ain't bad, but it's a classic example of fucking spambo ruining a tune with his 3rd grade level lyrics....

sadaist
06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Anything off any Hagar album sucks. 5150 is only barely listen-able... If it was an instrumental only album then i'm sure it'd be great but otherwise Van Hagar sucks. I gotta say though, I really happened to like Van Halen 3... No matter how bad people think it was

I actually liked 5150. Best Journey album we had gotten in a while ;)

I saw that tour and I have to say...the band was pumped. Really out to prove they didn't need Dave. I also saw the EEAS tour, and same thing with Roth out to prove he didn't need VH. My issue is I feel like I was cheated. Eddie on 5150 tour was just WOW! Dave on EEAS just WOW! They should have been like that together in 1986-87 dammit. Both in their best prime, but not together. Bullshit.

Anyways, I used to think How Many Say I was the worst...but Up For Breakfast is really bad.

Really, really bad.

sadaist
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Cant Stop Loving You is their cheesiest by far, makes me cringe. And the video is embarrassingly bad: newlywed midgets! old people cuddling! The lead singer is overweight and wearing a sweater! I mean, didn't three of these guys once make Hot For Teacher?

I kinda like the guitar into though. But yeah, after that 30 seconds is passed...blech!

Catfish
06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
They're all bad songs.

This is a terrible thread.

Hardrock69
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I did not vote in the poll originally. I did now. I selected "Other Please Explain", though no song by that title exists. :hee:

The reason I chose "Other Please Explain" is that ALL Flatulus and Gay Cherub material sucks fucking ass.

hambon4lif
06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
....it's like lining up piles of shit and trying to figure out which pile stinks the least!

FTW!

twonabomber
06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
They're all bad songs.

and why was it brought back from the dead, and most of all...why the fuck is it still in Main?

Catfish
06-30-2010, 02:32 PM
LOL! This thread's 5 years old.

ThrillsNSpills
06-30-2010, 02:37 PM
They're all bad songs.

exactly. Why be reminded?

all these people who claim to hate it yet know the songs a little too well.

Catfish
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
exactly. Why be reminded?

all these people who claim to hate it yet know the songs a little too well.

Yes, the descriptions of each song (and sometimes the accompanying video) at the start of this thread frightens me.

Little Texan
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Worst Van Hagar/Cherone Song?

ALL of them.

SNIPER
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Mine All Mine is not only the most gay tune ever, but then put it as the first song on an album? WTF were they thinking. Some kind of new wave electro shit!!!

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-01-2010, 12:37 AM
What else can we dig up from the past. Old members?

hambon4lif
07-01-2010, 12:54 AM
What else can we dig up from the past. Old members?....well, we could start by digging up WARF and arresting him for treason for starting this stupid fucking thread, but I'm not sure what the statute of limitations are....

TwoFools is in tha' house!!!

WTF's been goin' on?

Nitro Express
07-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Mine All Mine is not only the most gay tune ever, but then put it as the first song on an album? WTF were they thinking. Some kind of new wave electro shit!!!

"You got Allah in the east Jesus in the west, Christ what is a man to do?" 100% Sammy lyric shit. First of all Jesus was from the east because ancient Palestine where he lived is in Asia. All Abrahamic religions (Judism, Christianity, and Islam) all came from western Asia. The west is Europe and North America which created lot's of Christian derived religions and a few crackpot ones like Scientology.

Nitro Express
07-01-2010, 02:35 AM
When Love comes Walking In still has to be the gayest. Aliens and love entering an opening all sounds like Sammy got anal probed or anal probed and alien.

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-02-2010, 01:00 AM
....well, we could start by digging up WARF and arresting him for treason for starting this stupid fucking thread, but I'm not sure what the statute of limitations are....

TwoFools is in tha' house!!!

WTF's been goin' on?

Nuthin' Just raising my family, going to college, that sort of stuff.

GreenBayLA
07-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I voted How Many Say I, and a lot of us did too. But at least that song doesn't haunt me on the radio...

Terry
07-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I just thought feels so good was just....totally abysmal.

the lowest point on the worst album of the "Van Hagar/Cherone" era

That WAS definitely one of the lowest points of Van Halen.

It's like, by the second album with Hagar, Van Halen were already ripping off stuff they did on the first album with Hagar (a lot of the synth melodies in the tunes So Good and Why Can't This Be Love sound very similar to these ears).

Golden AWe
07-04-2010, 04:12 PM
"Can't Stop Loving You" makes Bon Jovi sound like a rock band...

hambon4lif
07-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Nuthin' Just raising my family, going to college, that sort of stuff.Cool! Keep on keepin' on.

I'm just sitting here tripping out after finding out what happened to LOC....

.....life has a harsh way of reminding us that we're not invincible.

It's actually made me re-think my hedonistic lifestyle.

Right now I'm just keeping J in my hopes and prayers......it just goes against the laws of the universe that he has to go through that shit.

Fuckinay!

steve
07-05-2010, 12:52 PM
"Feelin" off Balance... it takes it self soooo seriously, only to build to lyrics like "John Paul's all bulletproof...and it puts me through the roo - oof (notice the breaking of roof into two syllables).

FORD
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
When Love comes Walking In still has to be the gayest. Aliens and love entering an opening all sounds like Sammy got anal probed or anal probed and alien.

Not to mention Eddie's not even playing guitar on the fucking shitty song. The Cheddar Peddling tequila salesman is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvri_da8_E

By Hagar's own admission, this was the first song he wrote with Eddie. It should have been the last....:puking-smiley:

78/84 guy
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
That VH 3 disc is a complete joke !!

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 12:02 AM

yes, i fully agree.
i voted for this also.
look, i love to hear eddie kick fucking mad ass on the guitar, but this song proves two things very clearly about the man.
1.He is an excellent pianist.
2.there is a very good fucking reason he is not the lead vocalist. his voice sucks donkey balls,
worse than me, cherone, and hagar combined.
not quite as bad as ethyl mermon or william hung, though...........

CROWBAR
02-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this music.

What was the question again?

:biggrin:

SunisinuS
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Ballot or the Bullet. And like most times I vote...my candidate is a write-in.