PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite CVH Song,and Why

Buford Pusser
09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Mine is "Dirty Movies" Because of the line that says "Whos that Babe with the Fabulous Shadow"..It reminds of this girl I fell in love with:D

Big Bad Bill
09-01-2005, 06:16 PM
D.O.A becouse the way Dave sings it and the rest swings it

audiospectrum
09-01-2005, 07:43 PM
That is a fucking great Dave pic. Thanks.

Matt White
09-01-2005, 11:56 PM
I dig "UNCHAINED"

"Blue-eyed murder in a size 5 dress"

Reminds us all to leave those blue-eyed "Heifers" alone!!!;)

ben halen
09-02-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm the One, because "Bop Bada Shooby Doo Wah".

golden boy
09-02-2005, 03:28 AM
Hear about it later because ed and dave ran down the runway together and they really looked happy when ed played that solo. those were the days.

canadiandlrgirl
09-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Dance the night away...becauz it always makes me feel cheerful
like i wanna grab someone and dance;)
Panama is also my favorite becauz it makes me wanna reach down between my legs eaze the seat back:D
and i also like unchained...and i don't need a reason that song just kicks ass:)

Jahuli
09-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
That is a fucking great Dave pic. Thanks.

I agree that is a fucking great pic.

Buford Pusser
09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
Dance the night away...becauz it always makes me feel cheerful
like i wanna grab someone and dance;)
Panama is also my favorite becauz it makes me wanna reach down between my legs eaze the seat back:D
and i also like unchained...and i don't need a reason that song just kicks ass:) Im infatuated:D

canadiandlrgirl
09-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Buford Pusser
Im infatuated:D
:p

Buford Pusser
09-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
:p :spank:

Wonder Twins
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I have always thought "in a simple rhyme" was there best song. I dig it because lyrically it just reminds me of teen years for some reason.

Franken-Charvel
09-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Romeo Delight. That entire record is just SO raw. To me it was VH in their top form. Its just dirty, raw and in your face. Not 2 mention, Eds tone on that record is just jawdropping.

guitarboy5150
09-02-2005, 06:02 PM
my fave is Girl Gone Bad because its a great song to just crank up and jam to!

rustoffa
09-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Hmm....great thread. Moving to SONGS and Albums.

Here comes Shane Lechler......

*PUNT!*

diamondsgirl
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Buford Pusser
Mine is "Dirty Movies" Because of the line that says "Whos that Babe with the Fabulous Shadow"..It reminds of this girl I fell in love with:D

Right now mine is Me Wise Magic

hey that would be a cool screen name wouldn't it? :D

Loons The Great
09-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Ice Cream Man...'nuff saysed.

cdwillis
09-03-2005, 06:52 PM
On Fire

The totally random harmonic in the beginning is badass, and I love the part right before the chorus where you can hear Dave say "Good God Y'All!"

"Turn your radios on, I'll appear right there... yes I will." What a perfect opening line.

theicecreamman
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
"Hot for Teacher" I remember when I started to listen to Van Halen in high school this song was my favortite, because it reminded me of the hottest teacher at my high school. Also that song is just bad ass. Great intro and solo.

Big Troubles
09-03-2005, 08:18 PM
I like them all for the most part. No fav's as every day is a different day. Today is Panama, tommorow, could be And the Cradle... I litterally go from song to song like that. or album to album, but I'll get hooked on one song over and over again... Blah....

I'M VAN HALEN-IZED!

diamondsgirl
09-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Me too BT

whatever tune is blaring out of my speakers at the moment is my favorite :)

I do have a thing for So This is Love cos Dave sang that one to me back in the day :cool:

Big Troubles
09-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Me too BT

whatever tune is blaring out of my speakers at the moment is my favorite :)

I do have a thing for So This is Love cos Dave sang that one to me back in the day :cool:

I remember you telling me that. Or was that someone else too? But Very cool! My Dave dream come true would be to have him at my place, the fridge stocked with beers and whiskey shot, and just play out some tunes. Have him sing some classics. :D

Now if you were Jester, it would be the same, but make Dave naked and change his name to Joe. :D

audiospectrum
09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Wonder Twins
I have always thought "in a simple rhyme" was there best song. I dig it because lyrically it just reminds me of teen years for some reason.

Originally posted by Franken-Charvel
Romeo Delight. That entire record is just SO raw. To me it was VH in their top form. Its just dirty, raw and in your face. Not 2 mention, Eds tone on that record is just jawdropping.

Clappy clap. Yes yes yes, this album is just the greatest!!! In a simple rhyme has got to be probably my favourite CVH song, although NOTHING chills me like Light Up The Sky, and Me Wise Magic, and Can't Get This Stuff No More, oh man I'm sold. Van Halen will ALWAYS be my favourite band. I made that pact long ago.

WinstonMarshall
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I love Beautiful Girls. Mainly because the whole band is very appealing and no one is being too flashy or anything. It has great back vocals. The guitar is extremley pleasing, as normal for Eddie's playing. Dave's voice seems to shine really well too. And Alex and Mike show some more of their talents and provide a perfect rhythm section.

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Loss Of Control, just because it kicks total fucking ass!

vh rides again
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
women in love just flows and has this great line in it. plus you can hear dave crackin up while saying it.

but honey, if your needin a woman' just as bad as me ya ought'ta be goin'

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Poundcake that song rules ;)

Nah kidding the best in my opinion right now is Aint talkin bout love. That song makes you want to get up, go crazy and smash shit up :)

Big Troubles
07-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Push Comes to Shove has been getting the treatment lately. I like Daves range. Same with Ed's.

Big Troubles
07-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Poundcake that song rules ;)

Nah kidding the best in my opinion right now is Aint talkin bout love. That song makes you want to get up, go crazy and smash shit up :)

ATBL is my ringtone.

Meanstreet intro is my text alert

SomeBody Get me a Dr is an email alert. lol

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2010, 01:34 PM
One im pretty fond of at the moment is the demo version of house of pain from the gene simmons demos.I the lyrics are different and its a fantastic vocal job by dave

Starwood
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Simple Rhyme. Why? Cause Starwood says it is.

Axl S
07-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Aint talkin' bout Love. classic intro and dave's vocals are top class

Ruprecht
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Romeo's Delight was always a favorite.

SunisinuS
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Secrets.

And I have only told one other person why....

Big Troubles
07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bh_6ex_ax_o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bh_6ex_ax_o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Whiteflag
07-23-2010, 04:32 PM
probably something from one of their albums that went number 1!!!!!!

Platinum Pete
02-14-2012, 12:58 AM
In A Simple Rhyme. It came at the point where they were starting to evolve, but still had one foot it their initial style.