PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue With John Corabi

Dirty Duck
09-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I love Old School Motley..Love em' But has anyone heard The album with John? Let me tell you..give it a listen. It's bad asssssssss. Holigans holiday/Uncle jack/Smoke the sky...anyone dig this?

VanJay011379
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
"Bad Apples" and "Til Death Do Us Part" rule.

Its actually the best Motley album. Most of their other albums have one or two good tunes and the rest are crap. This one actually holds your attention.

Ironically, it sounds nothing like the Crue.

Dirty Duck
09-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Please dont get me wrong...I truly Love old CRUE. But the album with Corabi is really tight. They just shouldve NEVER called it Motley crue....

Dirty Duck
09-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Bad apples does kick ass...Death to us part...damn right! I just didnt know how people would react to the thread....look how we get over Sammy hagar!!

Dirty Duck
09-02-2005, 04:57 PM
I love John's voice....Anyone knows what he's been up too?

Mezro
09-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Holigans holiday/Uncle jack/Smoke the sky...anyone dig this?

Yes.

Mezro...I dig that CD very, very much...John Corabi has an amazing voice...if you don't own this thing people, pick it up...think they have it on iTunes...

Mr. Vengeance
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Please...the album sucks major ass. Same as Van Hagar. It's just putrid. There are some people you cannot replace in a band and Vince Neil is one of those guys, just like DLR, although I would never put Vince on the same level as DLR.

Hooligan's Holiday is the only tune I can stomach from that abomination.

Keeyth
09-02-2005, 05:18 PM
O.K. people, listen up. If you are even a remote fan of John Corabi, then you MUST get the album The Scream, by his former band of the same name.

Man in the Moon, and Mother Father are two of the really true greats on the album, and possibly of all time, but it has many more.

When I heard he was going to front Motley Crue, I knew Nikki Sixx must have chosen him due to his work on this album. He has an absolutely AMAZING voice.

If you haven't heard the album by The Scream, Johns first band, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Keeyth
09-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Some great lyrics on it too. One of my favorite lines:

I like it alone 'cause no one ever complains... ...and I don't confuse the names. :D

Mr. Vengeance
09-02-2005, 05:27 PM
The Scream is good, but he's not a match in MC, same way he's not a fit in the current joke that passes for Ratt.

Keeyth
09-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I must admit, I was an old school Motley fan and never did hear the Corabi Crue, as I heard nothing but bad reviews by other people. BUt I will definitely go and check it out now. Thanks for the tip.

Keeyth
09-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
The Scream is good, but he's not a match in MC, same way he's not a fit in the current joke that passes for Ratt.

Wh-wh-WHAT??? He's in Ratt right now? I hadn't heard that. What happened to Steven Pearcy?

VonHalen
09-02-2005, 09:35 PM
great fucking cd, also check out the jap version of quaternary- its got unreleased tunes on it, very cool

Unchainme
09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
I Love The Crue, SHOUT AT THE DEVIL Is crealy Their Best album out of all of them, Its Pre-Hair Metal Crue, Check it out Good Stuff. Corabis album was intresting, I kind of gives the Velvet Revolver Vibe to it, Which is good.

Mr. Vengeance
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Wh-wh-WHAT??? He's in Ratt right now? I hadn't heard that. What happened to Steven Pearcy?

Pearcy left years ago, and the band has been fighting in court ever since. Robin Crosby of course died of aids, so you have the terrrific Warren DiMartini, and Bobby Blotzer left from the original band. Then Corabi and I believe Jizzy Pearl. My understanding is that Corabi doesn't sing lead, he plays guitar and backgground vocals. I forget who the bass player is these days. It's not Juan Crousier.

ALinChainz
09-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Robby Crane I believe is the bassists name.

The self titled MC album with Corabi is damn good, and with Mick, Nikki, and Tommy playing like I never heard them.

Loveshine, Poison Apples, Misunderstood, Hooligan's, Uncle Jack, Til Death Do us Part ... but my fave was Welcome to the Numb.

No where near as bad as Van Hagar, no where.

monkeythe
09-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Great album. I understand why the Crue faithful hate it, but it really is kickass. If you buy the album expecting it to sound like Crue, you will be disappointed. It's not like the New Tattoo album that sounded like Motley with a new drummer, this one sounds like a totally different band in every possible way. I especially love the song Uncle Jack, you can really feel the hatred that John has for this guy (which is based on a trrue story)

MK5150
09-03-2005, 07:24 AM
My favourite song off the album is Smoke the sky, but I do prefer the original Crue, I don't think it's anywhere as good as Too Fast For Love or Shout at the devil

BruinJer
09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I have heard the CD... great stuff. Holligan's Holiday is one of my fav Motley tunes

Mr. Vengeance
09-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Anyone who digs that album is on crack...just my opinion.....

DlocRoth
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Anyone who digs that album is on crack...just my opinion.....

Tell us how you really feel, homes. :D

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for all the info guys..I'll be sure to check out those CD's.

Rikk
09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Never liked this album. Just doesn't do anything for me. Really, I just don't like his voice or the vibe on the album. Too bluesy...and I'm not a big blues person. The only song on the album I like is MISUNDERSTOOD...I picked up the album used a few years back just after seeing an old re-run of the MISUNDERSTOOD video, but it was the only song I really dug on the record.

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
We all have our tastes...SMOKE THE SKY and keep on rockin and rollin!!!

Kermit The Frog
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
motley with crabs is killer

corabi fans also check out 'union', crabs band with bruce kulick. the album is 'the blue room'.

that is all, carry on

Dirty Duck
09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks Kermit!