PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West

POJO_Risin
09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Whatever his fucking name is...he just went the fuck off on this NBC concert for the hurricane...

about how the media is portraying the black man as looters...

and he finished with...

"George Bush hates Black People..."

before they shut him down...

Mike Myers standing next to him...thinking..."WTF?"

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 08:52 PM
The last week hasn't exactly been a shining moment for the Black race. Cameras don't lie. This Kanye West is just embarrassed.

:gulp:

DLR'sCock
09-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Bullshit, he told the fucking truth. Bravo!

squib
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Kind of like (yes I'll admit I watch it) on Rock Star when the mohawked theatrical goofy guy, who happened to be black, got booted from INXS blamed it on racism...sad

FORD
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Kanye West is known for speaking his mind. I'm sorry I missed it.

blueturk
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Bush doesn't hate black people or poor people. He just has no use for them. They aren't part of his base.

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Bullshit, he told the fucking truth. Bravo!

You're an idiot. Go back to your idiot and get back on that short bus. They miss you.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Statements like this aren't helping anything at this point...

POJO_Risin
09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
He was on the verge of tears...and just started blathering about how "we" are being treated like looters, while the "whites" are looking for water and food.

Mike Myers is staring at the camera...not flinching...

Kanye stops to take is breath...and Myers begins to talk off the cue cards again...he stops...takes a deep breath...and Kanye blurts out...

"George Bush hates blacks..."

Myers looks over at him for the first time...with the look...on his face...

it really was a priceless moment...

POJO_Risin
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I agree Nick...but regardless of what side of the fence you fall on...unrest is coming from more than the people directly involved. I don't know that sides will matter if the economy has to support the burden that this is going to cause...without providing any answers...

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
He was on the verge of tears...and just started blathering about how "we" are being treated like looters, while the "whites" are looking for water and food.

According to BRIAN, this is only racist when the FRENCH mention that White people are "gathering food" while African-Americans are "looting.":)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26714

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 09:27 PM
He never said that...

POJO_Risin
09-02-2005, 09:28 PM
oui oui

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I agree Nick...but regardless of what side of the fence you fall on...unrest is coming from more than the people directly involved. I don't know that sides will matter if the economy has to support the burden that this is going to cause...without providing any answers...

The silver lining will be all of the construction jobs and engineering projects coming out of this. Start your firms now people...

FORD
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, all the racism is coming from the French :rolleyes:

Well it wasn't our resident Frenchmen who were throwing the word "******" around like they were at a goddamn cross burning party earlier today, was it?

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
No, It was me...

FORD
09-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The silver lining will be all of the construction jobs and engineering projects coming out of this. Start your firms now people...

Doesn't matter. Halliburton has all of the bids lined up already.

POJO_Risin
09-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Well...now I'm curious...obvious we have some undertones a brewin' here...

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm not about to hold my tongue...

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 09:49 PM
According to BRIAN, this is only racist when the FRENCH mention that White people are "gathering food" while African-Americans are "looting.":)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26714

No, it's racist when dumb-ass actors do it also. Especially when he's degrading his own race.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
No, it's racist when dumb-ass actors do it also. Especially when he's degrading his own race.

It's only rascist when you have political capital to gain...

FORD
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM

How, exactly, is he "degrading his own race" by simply speaking the truth?

The BCE has been so pathetically slow in responding to this crisis, and the only logical conclusion one can reach is because the majority of those affected are poor and African American.

If this kind of damage happenned in Virginia Beach, you really think it would take them 5 fucking days to send help??

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
It's only rascist when you have political capital to gain...

...or want to make a name for yourself on national TV and pander to the liberal elite. It still won't matter, though....he's the wrong color.

diamondD
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD

The BCE has been so pathetically slow in responding to this crisis, and the only logical conclusion one can reach is because the majority of those affected are poor and African American.

That's ridiculous. No one is intentionally dragging their feet because of who they are. How do you explain the idiots hampering rescue efforts by shooting at the people trying to rescue them?

Nothing like this has ever happened in modern times. That city was just sitting there waiting to be destroyed and it isn't the fault of the fucking BSCE. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 10:15 PM
How, exactly, is he "degrading his own race" by simply speaking the truth?

If this kind of damage happenned in Virginia Beach, you really think it would take them 5 fucking days to send help??

Pat Robertson always "prays" away the major hurricanes from VB.

:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
That's ridiculous. No one is intentionally dragging their feet because of who they are. How do you explain the idiots hampering rescue efforts by shooting at the people trying to rescue them?

Nothing like this has ever happened in modern times. That city was just sitting there waiting to be destroyed and it isn't the fault of the fucking BSCE. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of cities below sea level around the world. New ORLEANS' catastrophe was not inevitable. Yeah the "BCE" didn't do this intentionally. But their incompetence WAS a major factor!

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, maybe there is some racism going on in New Orleans.

EXCLUSIVE: BRITS' HELL INSIDE THE TERROR DOME
TERRIFIED British students tell of dead bodies, rape, crack, gunshots, filth and a sickening stench filling the thick air.
From Ryan Parry, Us Correspondent, Inside The New Orleans Superdome

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/m2/sep2005/0/2/000ED6B6-F256-1317-A9AA0C01AC1BF814.jpg
BRITISH students told yesterday how they stepped out of the horror of Hurricane Katrina into the hell of their Superdome "shelter".

A place of refuge became a terrifying trap, where knives and guns, crack cocaine use, threats of violence and racial abuse were rife.

Jamie Trout, 22, who kept a record of his four days there, said: "It was like something out of Lord of the Flies - one minute everything is calm and civil, the next it descends into chaos."

In one diary entry, he said: "A man has been arrested for raping a seven-year-old in the toilet, this place is hell, I feel sick. The smell is horrendous, there are toilets overflowing and people everywhere."

As the evacuation of the 70,000- capacity arena continued yesterday, the swamped city of New Orleans descended into near barbarism.

The looting and carjacking of recent days showed no sign of slowing. Gunfire was aimed at police and helicopters attempting to ferry the sick from hospitals, accompanied by shouts of: "You better come get my family."

Ten thousand National Guardsmen were sent in from across the US to the flood-ravaged Gulf coast.

At least seven bodies lay unclaimed in the streets around the New Orleans Convention Centre - one a woman in a wheelchair covered by a blanket.

Daniel Edwards, 47, pointed at her and said: "I don't treat my dog like that...I buried my dog."

Amid criticism of government inaction, he added: "You can do everything for other countries but you can't do nothing for your own people.

"You can go overseas with the military but you can't get them down here."

Thousands of storm refugees massed outside the convention building, waiting for buses that never came. They had no food, water or medicines.

The Rev Issac Clark, 68, said: "We are out here like pure animals. We don't have help."

In what may be America's worst natural disaster for a century, 80 per cent of a city of 500,000 people was under water up to 20ft deep. Thousands could be dead.

At the Superdome, at least 25,000 people were moved out yesterday as New Orleans Mayor Nagin vowed: "Come hell or high water we will evacuate people today, I'll march them out if I have to." Soldiers with M16 assault rifles and grenade launchers tried to control crowds desperate to get out.

At least one person died in the arms of a soldier. A National Guardsman was wounded in the leg by his own gun in a struggle with two men and a military helicopter was shot at while ferrying away a casualty.

Brit diary-writer Jamie had been coaching football to disabled children as part of the Camp America scheme.

Jamie, who was with two friends, said: "We were in Miami for three or four days when Katrina first hit.

"We rode that storm out and then decided to go to New Orleans. We didn't realise the storm was heading that way."

He said of his eventual Superdome refuge: "There was a lot of heat from the people in there, people shouting racial abuse about us being white.

"The army warned us to keep our bags close to us and to grip them tight."

Jamie, an economics student from Sunderland, said he saw crack cocaine being used in the filthy toilets, youngsters breaking into soft drink machines and men brawling. Urine and excrement spilled into corridors where they were sleeping.

At one point, up to 30 British students gathered in the dome were so terrified of attack when the power went down that they set up a makeshift security cordon.

Zoe Smith, 21, from Hull, said: "All us girls sat in the middle while the boys sat on the outside, with chairs as protection.

"We were absolutely terrified, the situation had descended into chaos, people were very hostile and the living conditions were horrendous.

"We had to wash with tiny bottles of water, the sink was blocked and full of gunk. Even when we offered to help with the cleaning, the locals gave us abuse."

Some students said they saw an 18-inch knife confiscated from one man and many others had guns and other weapons.

Marisa Haigh, 23, from Guildford, who is studying at Birmingham University, and Claire Watkins, 23, a student from Bradford, had arrived in New Orleans last Saturday after a trip across the US.

Claire said: "We went out drinking on Saturday night and had an awesome time.

"On Sunday we had hangovers and hadn't heard or read anything about the hurricane coming in. We only realised there was something wrong when we went out in the street and no one was around, everywhere was shut or boarded up."

They were in the Superdome when Katrina hit. Marisa said: "There was a series of almighty bangs when the roof went and a panel flew off.

"There was a woman screaming, 'We're gonna die, we're all gonna die'."

Eventually many of the students were moved to the nearby basketball arena, thanks to Sgt Garland Ogden, a full-timer with the National Guard.

Jane Wheeldon, 20, said: "He went against a lot of rules to get us moved."

Yesterday Texas was ready to house 50,000 flood refugees - 25,000 of them in the Houston Astrodome, 350 miles away. The rest will go to San Antonio.

Rescue in some areas was suspended as looters ran amok.

Coast Guard Lt Cmdr Cheri Ben-Iesan said at emergency HQ: "Hospitals are trying to evacuate. At every one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people are shooting at them, telling them, 'You better come get my family'. City leader Mitch Landrieu toured stricken areas and was besieged by rescued people begging him to pass information to their families.

His pocket was full of scraps of paper on which he had scribbled down their phone numbers.

He contacted a woman whose father had been saved and told her: "Your daddy's alive, and he said to tell you he loves you."

Landrieu added: "She just started crying. She said, 'I thought he was dead'."

In Britain, worried relatives of the Superdome students were told by the Mirror their loved ones were safe.

From details given to our reporters at the scene, we passed on messages to families nationwide.

Zoe Smith's mother Sharon said in Hull: "That's brilliant. It's been horrendous not knowing what on earth has happened to her. I have barely slept."

Fine art publisher Janet Murray, 55, from Frome, Somerset, whose daughter Hannah was stranded, said: "I had not heard anything, thanks so much for letting me know."

Link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15922236&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=exclusive--brits--hell-inside-the-terror-dome-name_page.html)

Unchainme
09-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I just think there are Stupid White People (White Trash, Hillybillies.) and There are normal intelligent white people (Average Joe.). There are also Stupid Black People (Like those involved with looting in Missippippi,The types of people who wuld go on Jerrry Springer.), And very normal intelligent black people (Again Average Joe.). The problem is that the only image that is ever shown on TV, Are the stupid people Like Rappers, (Watch MTV, These Guys truly act like Idiots.), The Afermentioned Jerry Springer Crowd, and the Street Thugs. this would be like the equivlent of Them thinking of us as a bunch of Rednecks, and Hillbillies.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Jamie Trout, 22, who kept a record of his four days there, said: "It was like something out of Lord of the Flies - one minute everything is calm and civil, the next it descends into chaos."

An excellent allusion...

Warham
09-02-2005, 10:42 PM
NBC will probably have to issue an apology because of Kanye's comments.

Nickdfresh
09-02-2005, 10:42 PM
He said of his eventual Superdome refuge: "There was a lot of heat from the people in there, people shouting racial abuse about us being white.

Save the White people! Even though most evacuated before the hurricane were whites, hence some of the bitterness...

Warham
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Kanye said that they were shooting at blacks. Gee, you don't think that would have anything to do with them running around murdering, raping, and plundering gangland style, would it?

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Not to a liberal...

Warham
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
This just in....

In a statement, NBC said, "Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks.

"It would be most unfortunate," the statement continued, "if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Fuck him

Unchainme
09-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF HIP-HOP. HEY KANYE IF YOU AMD THE OTHER CRAPPERS ARE TRYING TO BE A "VOICE OF A GENERATION", WHY NOT LEARN TO PALY AFUCKING GUITAR, STOP WRTING ABOUT BITCHES AND HO'S, AND QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU ARE MORE SUPERIOR THAN US. I truly hate how we have to be all serious whenever these idiots talk, They to be all serious, and think they can make a difference in their communties and all this stuff, and then you watch in thier videos and its then same stuff over and over Cristol, Bitches and Ho's ad how its Grate in the ghetto. No I'm not Racist, I have good taste in Music, Their are Tons Of Black Artists Living Colour, (You can really hear a CVH influence in their music, Plus Lryics were intelligently written.) Hendrix (Only the Gratest Guitarist To Ever Exist, A true music Talent who influence is still felt today.) Earth Wind And Fire, (I'm A huge Fan Of Funk/70's-80'sR&B Music, I liked how they used Jazz and Combined it with Funk.) And Public Enemy (I Love this Group because This Band Auctually Met Issues Head First in Their music and didn't have to sing about Bitches and Ho's, Plus They used Anthrax in thier music, One of the only good Rap-Metal songs to ever be realeased in my opinion.) Theres more but i'll spare you, Bottom line:Hip-Hop Sucks, Old school Rap, Funk and The Band Living Colour all kick major ass.

FORD
09-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Fuck him

I might have thought you were a fan of his music, Greg?

Surely you have heard his biggest hit single.........

"Jesus Walks"

Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me with me with me [fades]

You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless Niggaz might snatch your necklace
And next these Niggaz might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these Niggaz who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Yall eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke rental car from Avis
My momma used to say only Jesus can save us
Well momma I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone til November I got packs to move I Hope

[Hook x2]
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
(jesus walks with them)
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
(jesus walks with them)
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)
The only thing that that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now

franksters
09-03-2005, 01:46 AM
it think kanye's right...

blueturk
09-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I'm not about to hold my tongue...

And yet you want others to hold theirs...

Big Train
09-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Two things:

Kanye is MUCH better than the average rapper these, and he sells boatloads of records (which makes me happy). However, his mouth is guaranteed at some point to embarass him and ruin his career. He is arrogant beyond belief and at some point that is really going to bite him in the ass.

I think all this race stuff in New Orleans is pure speculation and predjudice coloring their worldview. I judge a devil by his deeds: In my world, there is no black and white, there are nice people and assholes.

The response the entire way was fucked up. Did you see on the drudge report the yard FULL of school buses that are now just wrecked? They weren't deployed WHY, Mr. Mayor? They could have gotten another 50-100k people out. Where is the criticism of that Kanye? Or can black people not hate black people too?

This was a perfect storm from a weather and political point of view as well. GW you can hold accountable somewhat (for the funding issues and the slow National Guard response, if that was the case...I think they did a great job, if they showed up half assed, wouldn't that be worse?). The local government though HAS to be held accountable for not having the proper plans for all the known issues. It wasn't like a hurricane was NEVER going to come again. Why didn't they have their shit together?

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 11:29 AM
One point I'd like to make is that I DO believe that the media could show some of the sort of Life affirming things that must be happening in the black community instead of wholey concentating on the bad

bueno bob
09-03-2005, 11:45 AM
The whole thing is fucking stupid and shows his intelligence level.

Here he is, performing during a benefit for ALL the people, BLACK AND WHITE AND OTHER, who are suffering, and he's gotta throw the race card up so that the "devil white man" feels guilty about being so "hateful" towards black people. Real fucking classy.

If he wants to spew out his "I'm an oppressed black man" bullshit, he should do it on his own fucking website and spare the rest of the country the grief.

Fucking prick. I am SO fucking sick of this shit.

bueno bob
09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
...there is no black and white, there are nice people and assholes.

The response the entire way was fucked up. Did you see on the drudge report the yard FULL of school buses that are now just wrecked? They weren't deployed WHY, Mr. Mayor? They could have gotten another 50-100k people out. Where is the criticism of that Kanye? Or can black people not hate black people too?

This was a perfect storm from a weather and political point of view as well. GW you can hold accountable somewhat (for the funding issues and the slow National Guard response, if that was the case...I think they did a great job, if they showed up half assed, wouldn't that be worse?). The local government though HAS to be held accountable for not having the proper plans for all the known issues. It wasn't like a hurricane was NEVER going to come again. Why didn't they have their shit together?

EXACTLY.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
The whole thing is fucking stupid and shows his intelligence level.

Here he is, performing during a benefit for ALL the people, BLACK AND WHITE AND OTHER, who are suffering, and he's gotta throw the race card up so that the "devil white man" feels guilty about being so "hateful" towards black people. Real fucking classy.

If he wants to spew out his "I'm an oppressed black man" bullshit, he should do it on his own fucking website and spare the rest of the country the grief.

Fucking prick. I am SO fucking sick of this shit.

Exactly.

White people all over America that were just about to donate just put their wallets and checkbooks away when he did his little rant.

bueno bob
09-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Exactly.

White people all over America that were just about to donate just put their wallets and checkbooks away when he did his little rant.

I'm all for helping EVERYBODY down there, black, white or otherwise. The fuck with race. This isn't a fucking race issue. Christ, my wife's Uncle lived about two blocks away from one of the levees that broke. We were hit by it personally.

This is not a fucking opportunity to "awaken America to the injustices done to black people", this is an opportunity to step up to the plate and get those people OUT OF TROUBLE.

But apparently not to Kanye West, millionaire rapper whose life is SO hindered because he's black, right?

I'd love to debate that prick right now, seriously.

FORD
09-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Exactly.

The "white people" who haven't figured out yet that George Bush is a heartless bastard wouldn't have donated anyway.

They showed their true colors when they stood across the street from Cindy Sheehan and screamed "We don't care" in her face. Because those zombies don't care. Not about Americans dying in Iraq. Not about Americans dying in New Orleans. They're the perfect followers of the Idiot Son of an Asshole, as completely devoid of human feelings as he himself is.

bueno bob
09-03-2005, 12:02 PM
The "white people" who haven't figured out yet that George Bush is a heartless bastard wouldn't have donated anyway.

They showed their true colors when they stood across the street from Cindy Sheehan and screamed "We don't care" in her face. Because those zombies don't care. Not about Americans dying in Iraq. Not about Americans dying in New Orleans. They're the perfect followers of the Idiot Son of an Asshole, as completely devoid of human feelings as he himself is.

Cindy Sheehan is the woman whose kid died in Iraq, right? She's the one asking for a personal meeting with George?

Sorry, I'm not entirely up to speed.

Cathedral
09-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Shit, in this world it is every man for themselves. The government won't protect you, they can't protect you, not from a damn thing.

I come from a highly racist redneck hillbilly family, the family reunion i attended two weeks ago reminded me of that since it was the first time in 10 years i have been.
I heard the "N" word numerous times, most of it from my Dad's mouth and he's supposed to be all saved -n- shit.

Skin color doesn't remove the fact that all people are our brothers and sisters in Christ.
But i won't judge people for their views, it's their free will to do and think as they choose and it isn't me they will answer to for it.

It is however unfortunate that all the people that live there culdn't get out, it is unfortunate that the response took forever because the proper actions weren't taken 2 days before the storm hit because it certainly would have ben much easier to get the people out before hand and not after.
I heard how some people were poor and had no means to leave, THAT'S when the troops should have been rolling in to remove them and take them to the same shelters they are dying to make it to now.

What was i heard a General say? "We don't stage our troops in harms way in these situations and couldn't react until there was something to react to, we thought it had missed us"
Yeah, but you left the people you are sworn to protect in the path of it and the effort should have started BEFORE the storm hit shore.

It's easy math, the levee's couldn't deal with more than a Cat-3, it was a Cat-5 and only diminished to a Cat-4 before hitting....The people in charge, namely the Mayor, dropped the fucking ball and carnage is the result.
Bush is responsible because this shit happened on his watch, period.

It isn't about race, but you can't tell that to the people that see it that way. All they know is that it's day 6 and they still haven't been saved.
and those who want to walk out of there aren't permitted to because they are turned back and told they can't leave.

I'll say this, a soldier would have to flat out shoot my ass to keep me from walking past him.

But for us to sit here and get absorbed into all of this shit that should not even be an issue is fucked.
There will be time enough later for talking and politicizing and finger pointing, GET THE PEOPLE OUT OF THERE!

Send money, send clothes, send food, send water....But everything else is bullshit.

If someone has a gun and shoots at you...shoot back.
What if you don't have a gun?
That doesn't confront me because I DO have guns and WOULD BE shooting back.
We are responsible for ourselves and must use common sense or we're fucked.

Big Train
09-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree cathedral. Spare me your talk about GW, spare me the talk about who should have been where whe, spare me Kanye in general, and let's focus on doing what Americans do: Let's kick some ass down south and save these people. NOW..

POJO_Risin
09-03-2005, 12:16 PM
1. I agree with whoever said that a bunch of white people put away their wallets last night...but more than likely reopened it today for someone else collecting money...

2. Who cares if the fucking guy used this moment to say what he wanted to. You can choose to listen to it, or not.

3. And to all of you fucking people that are honestly trying to say that it's NOT a fucking race issue is just plain burying your fucking head in the sand. Horseshit. I don't know what planet you live on...or what fucking storybook you are reading out of...but you can bet your ass that it's a race issue...maybe not 100%...but trust me...those people being black is at least 50%...with the guns about 40%...and the conditions about 10%. I'm so fucking sick of the denials that race isn't part of it.

Kanye West can goto hell...he certainly shouldn't be the spokesperson...because he is a fucking hypocrit...but it doesn't mean that whatever he said wasn't true...

POJO_Risin
09-03-2005, 12:19 PM
The response was slow for whatever reason...and it should have been quicker...

to be honest...the problem started before the storm...I think the US has gotten to fucking slack with these hurricanes to be honest...

They were showing a line of people...obviously poor...waiting for busses the government wer supposed be bringing in to get rid of hundreds if not thousands of the folk that are stuck there...the busses never came...

bad planning...

blame it on whoever you want...but someone fucked up...

POJO_Risin
09-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Here's an article on it...

Kanye West's Torrent of Criticism, Live on NBC

By Lisa de Moraes

Saturday, September 3, 2005; Page C01

Why We Love Live Television, Reason No. 137:

NBC's levee broke and Kanye West flooded through with a tear about the federal response in New Orleans during the network's live concert fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Katrina last night.

The TV Column
Kanye West's Torrent of Criticism, Live on NBC

The rapper was among the celebs and singers participating in the one-hour special, produced by NBC News and run on the NBC broadcast network, as well as MSNBC and CNBC, because, hey, the numbers couldn't be any worse than usual on a Friday night and hopefully they'd raise a chunk of change for a good cause, the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.

Among the performers, Faith Hill sang "There Will Come a Time," which included the lyrics, "The darkness will be gone, the weak shall be strong. Hold on to your faith." Aaron Neville performed Randy Newman's "Louisiana 1927" with its chorus: "They're trying to wash us away, they're trying to wash us away."

West was not scheduled to perform; he was one of the blah, blah, blahers, who would read from scripts prepared by the network about the impact of Katrina on southern Louisiana and Mississippi.

West and Mike Myers had been paired up to appear about halfway through the show. Their assignment: Take turns reading a script describing the breach in the levees around New Orleans.

Myers: The landscape of the city has changed dramatically, tragically and perhaps irreversibly. There is now over 25 feet of water where there was once city streets and thriving neighborhoods.

(Myers throws to West, who looked extremely nervous in his super-preppy designer rugby shirt and white pants, which is not like the arrogant West and which, in retrospect, should have been a tip-off.)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors' will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn't care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

At which point someone at NBC News finally regained control of the joystick and cut over to Chris Tucker, who started right in with more scripted blah, blah, blah.

"Tonight's telecast was a live television event wrought with emotion," parent company NBC Universal said in a statement issued to the Reporters Who Cover Television after the broadcast.

"Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks. It would be most unfortunate if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

West's comments would be cut from the West Coast feed, an NBC spokeswoman told The TV Column. (The Associated Press later reported that only his comment about the president was edited out.) The show was live on the East Coast with a several-second delay; someone with his finger on a button was keeping an ear peeled in case someone uttered an obscenity but did not realize that West had gone off-script, the spokeswoman said.

POJO_Risin
09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Watching Myers really was priceless...and he really did fuck up as well...cutting back to Kanye after the fuck up...

and when Kanye blurted out..."George Bush hates black people..."

Myers ripped his head sideways like someone slammed him with a sledgehammer...lmfao...

it really had a sick sort of humor to it...

bueno bob
09-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Ah, whatever. Fuck Kanye and his billions of dollars he had handed to him for doing nothing musical, anyway.

The point is, these people need to get the fuck out of there, period. We've done our bit to help, EVERYBODY here should also.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

Good point.

The mayor of New Orleans is partly to blame, as well as the Governor, for this tragedy as well as the Federal government.

The buses. The school buses. WTF?

New Orleans was bragging about how they had "dodged the bullet" on Tuesday morning, the day after the storm. The levees gave way a few hours later. Whet were the people still doing at the Superdome? The mayor bears SOME responsibility for not evacuating his people.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 01:13 PM

Geez FORD, where in the hell do you come up with this crap? :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't think this New Orleans fiasco started out as a race issue.

I really don't.

Too many people have also been neglected all along the Gulf Coast and inland. A lot of these people are white.

I do, however, think it was a major fuck-up on the part of the Mayor of New Orleans, the Governor of Louisiana and the other States, and the Federal Government. Like Pojo said, nobody was prepared. NOBODY. The body count is going to be enormous as a result.

That being said, this IS quickly escalating into a race issue with all of the statements being hurled in the media. I've been listening to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Carol Mosely Braun all spew their venom in the media just making me ill. Anything to get their time on CNN, I guess.
:(

FORD
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Geez FORD, where in the hell do you come up with this crap? :rolleyes:

http://www.freerepublic.com

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com

Uh huh.

:rolleyes:

The_KiD
09-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Kayne West gives himself too much credit. I honestly cannot stand the PDIDDY wanna be. If he really cared he would make a substantial contribution, let the press talk about that. The Race Card is getting stale, really stale.

Musicians and Politics just don't mix for me..

Hopefully the people there are getting relief...Such a shame..

KiD

DLR'sCock
09-03-2005, 02:02 PM
double post....

DLR'sCock
09-03-2005, 02:03 PM
West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors' will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn't care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

Well, Mr West is partially right, and he chose to air a grievance to which many millions of people in the US believe was the case. To think that racism and classism is not a part of the decision making process is well naive.

So many people here are to blame yes, the mayor, the Governor, the Federal Gov't, GWB, and everyone. We did this to ourselves. What the fuck about the LEVEE'S???? They could only withstand a Cat 3 hurricane???? WTF????? The fact is the decision to make those Levee's only a Cat 3 storm proof because of the almighty $$$$$ is more about human nature and what is wrong with people at it's finest. And you Bush sheep defending dumbya can keep going on burying your heads in the sand. The fact is he and his Admin. made it worse by cutting the funding to the Hurricane Levee project since 2001 when he took over the top job. Maybe just maybe the walls would have held if they were properly maintained over the last 4 to 5 years.

I truly feel compassion for everyone who has lost from this horrific American tragedy, why the fuck won't they let those people leave? I know someone who was able to get the fuck out of New Orleans by tuesday, thank God!!!!

I plan on donating to President Carter's Habitat for Humanity.

People will need homes.

http://www.habitat.org/

FORD
09-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't think this New Orleans fiasco started out as a race issue.

I really don't.

OK then, it's a class issue. The real problem is that they're poor. The fact that they also happen to be black is just easier to see on your TV. Funny how the only house Junior seems committed to rebuilding is Trent Lott's.

Too many people have also been neglected all along the Gulf Coast and inland. A lot of these people are white.

Probably so. But probably not in the concentration of people in New Orleans and probably not with the additional problems of corpses in the street. One thing that hasn't been made clear in the news report is that not ALL the corpses floating around are "fresh" ones. Because New Orleans cemeteries often buried people above ground - due to the unusual water table - some of these crypts opened up in the flood, and the old stiffs started swimming.

I do, however, think it was a major fuck-up on the part of the Mayor of New Orleans, the Governor of Louisiana and the other States, and the Federal Government. Like Pojo said, nobody was prepared. NOBODY. The body count is going to be enormous as a result.

And here it comes.... the KKKarl Rove spin department is already going at full steam trying to blame the "Democrats" for Bush's fuckups.

It was the BCE who cut the Army Corps of Engineers.

It was the BCE who cut the funds that were meant to be spent on rebuilding the levees, despite the repeated objections of Senator Mary Landrieu. BTW, I'm hardly a fan of Landrieu, since the "D" after her name isn't reflected in her voting record 95% of the time.

It was the BCE who sent the National Guard to the other side of the planet to fight an illegal, immorral war, so that they weren't able to deploy quickly and effieciently to handle this kind of emergency, which (unlike combat) they were trained to do.

It was the BCE who delayed their response so the Chimp could fly in for his photo ops. Not like it was his "base" that was dying by the thousands.

There is NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL that Chimp is going to pass the buck on this one. Even the media whores are on to him. And it's too damn bad that thousands had to die before that happenned.

That being said, this IS quickly escalating into a race issue with all of the statements being hurled in the media. I've been listening to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Carol Mosely Braun all spew their venom in the media just making me ill. Anything to get their time on CNN, I guess.
:(

As opposed to Shit Hannity spewing hatred on FAUX to the point where even his own co-workers tell him to shut the fuck up.

Mezro
09-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey Kayne: more than just George Bush hates black people - a majority of the country does... but only a small percentage of people have the balls to say it.

Hard working people who obey the law, pay their taxes on time, raise good kids and do the right things to achieve the american dream are sick and fucking tired of paying your way!

Images of looting and lawlessness only further separate society; oh yeah, keep pushing that racial divide - keep biting the hand that feeds you.

Here is a novel idea: try acting like respectable humans, people would treat you in kind and show a hell of a lot more compassion.

I am sick of having to hand hold a certain segment of society. I am sick of affirmative action and welfare. I am sick of frivolous lawsuits where lazy people try to play the race card and I am fucking sick of the "gang ******" who wants to intimidate and enslave an entire community with guns and drugs. Enough...ENOUGH.

My heart goes out to the innocent people that got caught in the hell of Katrina but if this is what it takes to start thinning the herd then so be it.

Being poor is not a crime but being too fucking lazy to do anything about it is. Why the fuck do I want to rebuild for people who will only go right back to destroying?

So Kayne, enjoy your millions; you made it my hypocrite nigga!

Mezro...oh, and Kayne...did you give a fuck about poor people while you were balling, jetting, pimping and slipping all that rented bling on?...no...then shut the fuck up and count your sores...bitch...

DrMaddVibe
09-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I can't believe I NEVER gave YOU a 5 star vote!

BOO-FUCKIN'-YAAAAA!

Preach on Brother Mez!

Mezro
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I can't believe I NEVER gave YOU a 5 star vote!

BOO-FUCKIN'-YAAAAA!

Preach on Brother Mez!

Mezro...right back at you DMV...

krcampbell
09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Hey Kayne: more than just George Bush hates black people - a majority of the country does... but only a small percentage of people have the balls to say it.

Hard working people who obey the law, pay their taxes on time, raise good kids and do the right things to achieve the american dream are sick and fucking tired of paying your way!

Images of looting and lawlessness only further separate society; oh yeah, keep pushing that racial divide - keep biting the hand that feeds you.

Here is a novel idea: try acting like respectable humans, people would treat you in kind and show a hell of a lot more compassion.

I am sick of having to hand hold a certain segment of society. I am sick of affirmative action and welfare. I am sick of frivolous lawsuits where lazy people try to play the race card and I am fucking sick of the "gang ******" who wants to intimidate and enslave an entire community with guns and drugs. Enough...ENOUGH.

My heart goes out to the innocent people that got caught in the hell of Katrina but if this is what it takes to start thinning the herd then so be it.

Being poor is not a crime but being too fucking lazy to do anything about it is. Why the fuck do I want to rebuild for people who will only go right back to destroying?

Mezro...oh, and Kayne...did you give a fuck about poor people while you were balling, jetting, pimping and slipping all that rented bling on?...no...then shut the fuck up and count your sores...bitch...

Ignorant words from an ignorant jackass.

Most of America doesn't hate black people, most of America hates people who take advantage of "the system", whether they're white, black, green, blue, or what have you. You're the only one dumb enough to flaunt your hatred

I'm a white American male and I like black people...I like all races as a whole. What I don't like are people who don't try to make their way. For as many black people who sit back and let you "pay their way", there are just as many (if not more) white, Asian, Mexican or any other kind of people doing just the same.

Was Kanye West wrong for taking that TV time for his own agenda? Maybe...but he's got a point. White jackasses like yourself or even the president only care about the white hurricane victims, the white troops, and the white people.

Maybe you should take a second to think before you start spewing such obnoxious, ignorant shit.

Fuck you.

DrMaddVibe
09-03-2005, 03:09 PM
You need to reread what he wrote pal!

frets5150
09-03-2005, 03:14 PM
I'M pretty sure it was that reporter chic neville that was looking for her aunt and she finally found her at the SuperDome.When she inteviewed her aunt she said she was swimming to saftey and 2 black punks swam up to her and said do you want to buy some sneakers that they had just stolen.The right thing to do would be to give them to someone who were walkin around without shoes.Then they wonder why they get a bad rap.And I bet afrter of all the media hype this will turn into another RACE WAR you will see. :rolleyes:

Mezro
09-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
Ignorant words from an ignorant jackass.

Maybe you should take a second to think before you start spewing such obnoxious, ignorant shit.

Fuck you.

Fuck me? An ignorant jackass? I see...well my little white trash bottom feeder, I stand behind what I say. Black people have painted themselves into a corner; feel free to try and spin the truth.

I work, I have never milked the system and I sure as hell would never sit around in poverty waiting for a handout. I believe in hard word...not endless excuses.

If you love black people so much go out and support a few...nevermind... you already do through ever increasing taxes.

Mezro...and I bet if we peek into your past krc there are plenty of times you leaned on a state or federal program to help you get by...

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 03:51 PM
just curious what does it mean when you type

mezro.....

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I wonder if there was this type of looting during the after math of the tsunami

Mezro
09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
just curious what does it mean when you type

mezro.....

Just a closing sig I have been using since the DLRML days.

Mezro...it really means nothing...more of a style thing...

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 04:10 PM

Mezro
09-03-2005, 04:10 PM

No.

The international media is really chopping our balls over how uncivilized a certain segment of our society is acting.

Mezro...we look like fools to the world...yet again...

ashstralia
09-03-2005, 04:13 PM

you can bet plenty of coconuts were stolen...:rolleyes:

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
you can bet plenty of coconuts were stolen...:rolleyes:

I ment re: rape. violence etc

krcampbell
09-03-2005, 04:39 PM

Mezro...and I bet if we peek into your past krc there are plenty of times you leaned on a state or federal program to help you get by...

Oh yeah, in my nearly 21 years, I've had ample opportunities to live off of federal programs. All I've got is the $40,000+ in loans that I've taken out to fund my world class education.

You could definitely afford to spend a few bucks, judging from what I've read. Go ahead and sit behind your little computer and pretend like you know what you're talking about. Meanwhile, this "white trash" will continue working his way to a degree that will be worth more than anything you've got.

DrMaddVibe
09-03-2005, 04:46 PM
http://neworleans.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/09/kanye_benefit.wmv

Look at Mike Myers' face when that talking piece of shit goes on his bender.

Priceless!

Chris...take it away!

http://shagpro.com/Lise/AP/idiots.wav

Mezro
09-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
Oh yeah, in my nearly 21 years, I've had ample opportunities to live off of federal programs. All I've got is the $40,000+ in loans that I've taken out to fund my world class education.

You could definitely afford to spend a few bucks, judging from what I've read. Go ahead and sit behind your little computer and pretend like you know what you're talking about. Meanwhile, this "white trash" will continue working his way to a degree that will be worth more than anything you've got.

Lets see, after boot strapping my first company at 22, launching two other start ups in the last three years, sitting on the advisory board of another, having a limited ownership stake in a sports supplement company, developing brands and award winning ad campaigns for Fortune 500 companies and having been the President of a product development and branding firm that brought over $36 million worth of products to market, I think I know a bit more about certain aspects of life and business than you.

Mezro...so sit behind your computer and get that home work done...:rolleyes:...oh, and I can clearly see where your degree will be worth more than anything I have got...

Warham
09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey Mez,

Is that limited ownership in Balco? ;)

Mezro
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
http://neworleans.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/09/kanye_benefit.wmv

Look at Mike Myers' face when that talking piece of shit goes on his bender.

Priceless!

Chris...take it away!

http://shagpro.com/Lise/AP/idiots.wav

Mezro...this is the first time I saw this...classic...LOL...

Mezro
09-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Hey Mez,

Is that limited ownership in Balco? ;)

LOL...I am no Victor Conte:D

Mezro...selling a bag full of magic is not my game...

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 05:16 PM
hey Mezro....
so your like rich! good for yoU!...I own my house and it's payed off. a bit in the bank..and enough for a bag on the weekend and to give nice things to my girls ..good enough for me but I do respect someone who accomplishes stuff!

Mezro
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
hey Mezro....
so your like rich! good for yoU!...I own my house and it's payed off. a bit in the bank..and enough for a bag on the weekend and to give nice things to my girls ..good enough for me but I do respect someone who accomplishes stuff!

I live in the Bay Area scorpio: rich is considered making about a mil a year. I do well though and feel lucky that my hard work is paying off.

Mezro...good job on your home!...pride of ownership is a wonderful thing...keep working hard scorpio and taking care of your girls...I respect you big time...

scorpioboy33
09-03-2005, 05:27 PM
:) thanks man

Unchainme
09-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I just find it funny that Hip-Hop AND Black Culture have a chance to make an Impact on Culture thatcould be felt for years to come and instead want to make as much money as possible, They truly don't care about the fans. Their is no Rock And Roll spirit in it at all, That Imagined people felt back in the 50's and 60's when Rock And Roll was starting to become extremely popular, It was never about Money, Cash Bitches, Ho's liv ing in the ghetto, Etc. It was about the Music.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Interesting.

BigBadBrian
09-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Real Interesting.

BITEYOASS
09-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Here's the video link:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Kayne-West-Bush-Black-People.wmv

Kristy
09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Doesn't matter. Halliburton has all of the bids lined up already.

It does make one wonder. After all, Louisiana is a major oil refining state and I'm sure a lot of Bush's corporate buddies will take over the land where the "poor" once lived, level it, put their own high rise offices where they can build them.

Whoever said in this thread that Bush had no use for poor people is right. No one will ever know the exact number of the dead (and how I wish the stench of a decaying corpse could fill the nostrils of Bush on his Crawford ranch) but Bush really doesn't care. All he knows he that there is a lot less of them just "existing" day to day on welfare, impoverished housing, and again, I'm sure Bush's cronies can't wait to overrun that real estate down there. Why else did he let so many of them die? Oh, and them killing each probably gives that fucker a major hard on as well.

Bush needs to go - either by impeachment for just being the inept monkey he is or by revolution.

Big Train
09-06-2005, 03:04 AM
I guess Mayor Naglin had no use for them either right?