PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton hired for storm cleanup

BigBadBrian
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Halliburton hired for storm cleanup

The Navy has hired Houston-based Halliburton Co. to restore electric power, repair roofs and remove debris at three naval facilities in Mississippi damaged by Hurricane Katrina. ADVERTISEMENT

Halliburton subsidiary KBR will also perform damage assessments at other naval installations in New Orleans as soon as it is safe to do so.

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process. The company is not involved in the Army Corps of Engineers' effort to repair New Orleans' levees.

Link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/3335685)

Little Texan
09-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Cheney's wallet just keeps getting fatter by the day.

ELVIS
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok, you come and rebuild something...:rolleyes:

FORD
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Goddamn it, this is a FUCKING OUTRAGE!!

Nickdfresh
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

These corrupt bastards can't even rebuild IRAQ correctly, or on bid....

blueturk
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Business as usual for this administration...

Big Train
09-03-2005, 11:29 AM
An outrage? How so? DO YOU guys have the equipment and experience at the ready to do this job today? No and no other company is big enough and ready enough to do it. An outrage would be sending in Johnny's electric company and Chuck's general contracting, hoping they can figure it out...

There is money in construction and disasters, maybe we should all look into it.

Phil theStalker
09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Yes, they're called the Dutch, ELVIS. They build the best dikes in the world. Where are all the Halliburton dikes? I thought so.

Look, people, you've seen it on TV. Purchase and learn about the manuel of firearms TODAY.

GO OUT TODAY AND SHOP FOR GUNS AT K-MART. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING, JUST START ASKING QUESTIONS. IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. AND THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU HOLD DEAR TO YOU.

P

FORD
09-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
An outrage? How so? DO YOU guys have the equipment and experience at the ready to do this job today? No and no other company is big enough and ready enough to do it. An outrage would be sending in Johnny's electric company and Chuck's general contracting, hoping they can figure it out...

Especially when the disasters just happen so conveniently for these criminal pieces of shit.

Phil theStalker
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM

There is money in construction and disasters, maybe we should all look into it. Yes, it is an OUTRAGE. I just pointed out the Dutch have it in their blood. Why a "Halliburton" contract so quickly?

Those Halliburton contracts should be frozen when congress comes back immediately... or a civil war could erupt.

Before the hurricane oil companies were making record profits year after year up to today. We need another WINDFALL PROFITS TAX on all profits earned since the hurricane and for 6 months thereafter IMMEDIATELY.

We need to have no more "just in time" refined oil for the people of the U.S., and this power must be taken out of the hands of the oil companies and refineries.

Much more needs to be done to avert a war in the U.S..

:spank:

Phil theStalker
09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Especially when the disasters just happen so conveniently for these criminal pieces of shit.
Don't forget HAARP. And the Chinese "haarp" and the Russian "haarp" that started in 1976 SEARCH: WOODPECKER GRID.

A meteorologist pointed out that a "never seen before" development of a high pressure area formed in Texas just west of the hurricane before it hit land and the "never seen before" high pressure pushed the hurricane right over the path it took.

The hurricane also built up more energy than a "normal" hurricane.

There is a war going on above our heads in more ways than o1ne.

:spank:

Nickdfresh
09-03-2005, 12:44 PM

BULLSHIT!! There are plenty of companies that have experience at this sort of thing...

In fact, they'd do it for cheaper than Corruptaburton...

There are Engineering companies all over America that can serve as general contractors.

Funny how the lowest bidder principle applies to everything except for when it involves Halliburton.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I posted this article to simply push some buttons.

It worked. :)

Many construction companies all over the South will be doing quite well for years to come because of this disaster.

:gulp:

Big Train
09-03-2005, 01:41 PM
No shit...i bought stock in KB homes yesterday.

All sorts of American companies are going to profit from this, not just Halliburton. There may be people qualified in specific areas Nick, but they couldn't coordinate the total effort, which Halliburton has a lot of experience in.

The only outrage is not to help those people at all. I really don't give a flying fuck who does it, you shouldn't either, as long as it gets done quick.

Cathedral
09-03-2005, 02:03 PM
No shit...i bought stock in KB homes yesterday.

All sorts of American companies are going to profit from this, not just Halliburton. There may be people qualified in specific areas Nick, but they couldn't coordinate the total effort, which Halliburton has a lot of experience in.

The only outrage is not to help those people at all. I really don't give a flying fuck who does it, you shouldn't either, as long as it gets done quick.

This is kind of what i'm thinking too.
The article is only talking about Naval facilities, not the populated civilian areas.
Construction Companies from all over the nation are going to be involved in this.
Ask Elvis, the scope of what it's going to take is huge and it will take years to complete.

Sad to say it, but it will create a localized construction boom that generates tax revenue nationwide from all the outside support that will be flowing into the state.
Phase One: Clean-Up........Bulldozers and Heavy Machinery mow down what's destroyed and on to phase 2...Construction.

DrMaddVibe
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Kick 'em while they're up...kick 'em when they're down.

I concur...bring your big-mouthed asses down here with a tool belt and fix it your damn selves!

Mezro
09-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Well...at least Halliburton knows where to look for cheap, unskilled day labor...

Mezro...the Superdome...

Big Train
09-03-2005, 03:15 PM
There will be plenty of days of labor ahead my friend..

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Well...at least Halliburton knows where to look for cheap, unskilled day labor...

Mezro...the Superdome...

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet some companies are setting up boothes right now in refugee centers for unskilled labor.

Mezro
09-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet some companies are setting up boothes right now in refugee centers for unskilled labor.

But you know what BBB, a job booth would really separate the people who want a better life from the lazy, shit talking assholes.

Mezro...some might seize the opportunity...sadly, it would be only a few...

BigBadBrian
09-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
But you know what BBB, a job booth would really separate the people who want a better life from the lazy, shit talking assholes.

Mezro...some might seize the opportunity...sadly, it would be only a few...

Yeah.

Sadly, some will just wait it out just to "go home."

:rolleyes: