PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Costs

Don Corleone
09-04-2005, 01:56 PM
In the UK petrol prices are now in excess of 90p per litre. A barrel of crude costs $60, the cost to produce 1 litre is approx 8p. Tax added on to fuel by the UK Government is 80% - then at the pump you are also paying an extra 17.5% VAT on the petrol you have bought.

Is it time to take a stand?

Does any one care?

And one last thing - Up Yours Alex you Cunt.

flappo
09-04-2005, 02:33 PM
my car's diesel , so that should help

Mr Grimsdale
09-04-2005, 04:47 PM
you big girl!

Reverberator
09-04-2005, 07:02 PM
my car has been converted to run on spunk ... so therefore I am finding that the running costs are reasonable .

Mind you , I have had to have skin grafts on me coch , but who cares ? , I'm saving a bundle .

Mr Grimsdale
09-05-2005, 03:26 PM
my dog's got no nose

Don Corleone
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
How does he smell?

Mr Grimsdale
09-06-2005, 04:29 PM
With great difficulty actually.

franksters
09-06-2005, 08:32 PM
it's sad to see that no one really seems to cares,

Don is it just you and me that would like to see a revolution???

it's like my business / networking thread, the second it went up, people just kill it...

twonabomber
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by franksters
it's sad to see that no one really seems to cares,

i dunno about that...$60 to fill up my little Jeep is a shock. on the other hand, right now i don't have any huge monthly bills, so i'm not so crimped...yet.

i'd move closer to work before i got rid of either of my Jeeps.

Don Corleone
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
In the UK fuel protests are planned for next week (About bloody time to).

The Government has 1 week to either cut the price of tax on fuel - which they won't as Gordon Brown is dick with his head up his own arse, or to force the oil companies to lower the price - which they won't either.

The solution is compramise - the oil companies up production to bring down the cost per barrel, and the Government cut the outragious tax we pay.

Don Corleone
09-07-2005, 01:00 PM
US light crude fell 16 cents to $65.80 a barrel on Wednesday, after a $1.61 drop on Tuesday, while London Brent crude shed 14 cents to $64.52 a barrel.

Prices have now fallen more than $5.00, or 7%, from the record-high of $70.85 reached last Tuesday after the full impact of Hurricane Katrina came to light.

So how come the price of petrol is continuing to rise if the cost of oil has fallen???

scamper
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Don't forget as the price of gas goes up so does the price of everything, shipping, airlines, production on 99 percent of the goods we manufacture, it all takes fuel.

Mr Grimsdale
09-07-2005, 03:09 PM
...and that means the inflation rate goes up which means interest rates rise, houses are repossessed and i can buy them on the cheap.

hooray!

Mr Grimsdale
09-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
The solution is compramise - the oil companies up production to bring down the cost per barrel, and the Government cut the outragious tax we pay.

and pigs might fly

Susie Q
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i dunno about that...$60 to fill up my little Jeep is a shock. on the other hand, right now i don't have any huge monthly bills, so i'm not so crimped...yet.

i'd move closer to work before i got rid of either of my Jeeps.

I hear ya on the fill up Twona. My Durango takes like $80 for a fill up. But....I have seen the prices drop since the labor day weekend has come and gone. It's down to $3.39 a gallon right now.

franksters
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I think the only way for people to slowdown the pollution and to switch to a different alternative is if the price of gas keeps going up,simply because it shows success in life when you drive a BIG truck...

like let's face it, if you don't have a construction company that really need these truck, you shouldn't have one, period.

and if you really want the motherfuckin hummer to show off, pay a polluting tax on your license and pay 3$ a litre, that's it that's all!

Mr Grimsdale
09-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey Don,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/business_petrol_pricing/html/1.stm

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 03:36 AM

like let's face it, if you don't have a construction company that really need these truck, you shouldn't have one, period.

land of the free, baby. you wanna drive a little sissy car, go ahead. i just bought a truck that got 11 mpg city/13 highway when it was new 18 years ago...and if someone doesn't like it, they can lick my sweaty nutsack.

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I hear ya on the fill up Twona. My Durango takes like $80 for a fill up.

i've been topping off the tank more, instead of waiting until it's empty. if i only spend $10 at a time i won't notice it as much.

scamper
09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
I think the only way for people to slowdown the pollution and to switch to a different alternative is if the price of gas keeps going up,simply because it shows success in life when you drive a BIG truck...

and if you really want the motherfuckin hummer to show off, pay a polluting tax on your license and pay 3$ a litre, that's it that's all!

This is a bullshit statement that is not thought out. You don't know what driving conditions or requirements other people have.

Susie Q
09-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by scamper
This is a bullshit statement that is not thought out. You don't know what driving conditions or requirements other people have.

That's the thing Scamper. I live in a city filled with hills, and let me tell you...when the snow starts coming....it don't stop. Before I bought the Durango last year, I had a Dodge Neon. I couldn't even make it down my STREET let alone to work, the stores, etc. While it was great on gas, I felt as though it was a death trap. Plus, the car don't fit in with my lifestyle as in playing "Soccer Mom". With all the shit I have to cart around, plus the kids....it gets a little cramped. Last snow season...I saw a LOT of cars and even TRUCKS sliding down the hills, stopped sideways, and my truck made it no matter where I had to go. Of course, it depends on your skills as a driver as well. I haven't even used the 4 wheel drive on that thing yet either. I kept it in all wheel drive. I feel so much safer in that truck.

:)

Susie Q
09-08-2005, 08:46 AM

My truck is not about "status" as it is about Safety. When I go out on the road, I wanna know that my vehicle will make it through anything. I want to know that when I cart my kids around, they will be safe. I'm not going to apologize for having a nice truck. I work my ass off for it. It don't come free, ya know. What's to say if I got a Dodge Caravan, that's a BIG vehicle too. That would fit my lifestyle. But, it's not what I preferred. Why not buy what I want?

franksters
09-08-2005, 01:46 PM
did you ever consider a volvo, safest car on the face of the earth...

good on gas, and don't worry you will get where you want...

I live in canada, i don't know a lott off places that gets more snow than here, besides the northern countries of europe and russia, and I can swear to you that they don't have any durango overthere...

and btw my statement is legit, those gas guzzler vehicule pollute the air I breath more than anything else, you are the one talking about the safety of your kids...

you should worry about the air they breath, and the water they drink , not to mention the genetically modified everything else...

ever heard about cancer?

do you smoke in the house?

don't make me go there... you know I'm right and if you want to convince yourself that your vehicle is not a polluting machine fine...

but don't blame me and don't try to justify your shameless actions based on the security of your kids...

now that is bullshit for real!

I hope the price reach 5 $ a gallon, just for your safety...

franksters
09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
i've been topping off the tank more, instead of waiting until it's empty. if i only spend $10 at a time i won't notice it as much.

I see that you are extremely good in math, you should be saving WAY MORE like that...
maybe you should consider going back to school instead of topping off the tank more...

franksters
09-08-2005, 01:54 PM
land of the free, baby. you wanna drive a little sissy car, go ahead. i just bought a truck that got 11 mpg city/13 highway when it was new 18 years ago...and if someone doesn't like it, they can lick my sweaty nutsack.

your freedom stop where mine begin, you wanna pollute the air with your big truck, go ahead.

but pay the fuckin price and shut the fuck up.

franksters
09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.californialung.org/spotlight/zev.html

Mr Grimsdale
09-08-2005, 04:48 PM

what a tempting offer

who's first?

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 05:25 PM
your freedom stop where mine begin, you wanna pollute the air with your big truck, go ahead.

but pay the fuckin price and shut the fuck up.

like i said, it's not crimping me at all. no cashflow problem here. thr $60 fillup was only a shock cmpared to when i bought it, i think i could fill it up for $22. that one gets 17 MPG.

i'm gonna drive my 13 MPG truck up there and park it right on your little sissymobile. :D

franksters
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
who says I have a sissy mobile...

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 07:28 PM
i bet your license plate reads "sandyvag"

franksters
09-08-2005, 08:01 PM
no it actually says

USTINK

:lol:

scamper
09-09-2005, 08:20 AM
and btw my statement is legit, those gas guzzler vehicule pollute the air I breath more than anything else

that remark in itself shows how much you know

scamper
09-09-2005, 08:23 AM

oops forgot this statement, another brilliant one

franksters
09-09-2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/vehicles_health/light-trucks-and-air-pollution.html

just you little scamper...btw i'm not the one that comes up with the statistic, what part of gas emission don't you understand?

franksters
09-09-2005, 08:45 AM
I know you will not read it so i post it just for you scamper:

An Air Pollution Liability

Today most light trucks are used as basic transportation by their owners, while the largest truck categories--those most likely to be used as work vehicles--comprise only one-third of the light truck market. In fact, a study by the former American Automobile Manufacturers Association found that only 15 percent of all sport-utility vehicles are ever used for towing. Light trucks are the new passenger cars of choice, representing half of new vehicle sales.
This trend toward light trucks has resulted in significant erosion in the benefits of government efforts to reduce air pollution from motor vehicles. UCS analysis shows that the light-truck loopholes, coupled with booming sales of sport-utility vehicles, have resulted in an additional 5,000 tons per day of smog-forming pollutants in our air during the summer smog season. This is equivalent to the pollution from 40 million cars, five times the number of cars sold last year.

Susie Q
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM

I live in canada, i don't know a lott off places that gets more snow than here, besides the northern countries of europe and russia, and I can swear to you that they don't have any durango overthere...

and btw my statement is legit, those gas guzzler vehicule pollute the air I breath more than anything else, you are the one talking about the safety of your kids...

you should worry about the air they breath, and the water they drink , not to mention the genetically modified everything else...

ever heard about cancer?

don't make me go there... you know I'm right and if you want to convince yourself that your vehicle is not a polluting machine fine...

but don't blame me and don't try to justify your shameless actions based on the security of your kids...

No, I wouldn't consider a volvo. Those cars are not big enough for my needs. This city that I live in is nothing but hills, a truck gets me to where I want to be, AND it is safe enough for me and the kids.

Pollution is not caused only by someone having a big truck. Try ANY form of transportation...Bus, Trucks, Cars, Boats, Airplanes....anything that runs on fuel. We can go on a debate team for the life of you and myself about "Pollution" and their causes.

Sure, I know about cancer. I had several people die that have been close to me through different types of cancer. I'm not ignorant.

I don't smoke, do drugs, and drink minimally at best. How about yourself? How about YOUR car being a Pollution machine? EVERY vehicle that is out there takes up quality air. I'm not a martyer and don't profess to be completely schooled on our enviornment. I will leave that up to the ones that are obsessed with it.

You seem like a angry person who needs to "help the enviorment" a bit more with the conservation of "hot air". I think, just possibly you are running around with a inferior vehicle that makes you upset that you don't have something that won't break down in the middle of nowhere. Work a bit harder, strive for a better enviorment for YOURSELF.

People don't get handed nice things, they work hard for them. It's not about status, its about what I like. It's like choosing Helmans Mayonaise comparable to store brand Mayonaise. Of course, I look at cost when I am getting something. But, if I want something that I consider the 'best' for me or my family....I'll get it no matter the cost. Whether it be a $3.00 jar of mayonaise or a $1.59 jar of mayonaise. You see where I am going with this?

I don't know where all your hate is coming from, honestly.

Susie Q
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
P.S. ;)

Durango features patented crush initiators in the octagonal front frame rail tips that are designed to absorb frontal impacts more effectively and consistently than other designs. In fact, Dodge Durango has received a five-star rating—the government's highest frontal crash test rating—for both driver and front-passenger safety.

Durango features an advanced air bag system that includes multistage front air bags along with an occupant classification system (OCS)* for the passenger-side front air bag; in addition, an available side-curtain air bag system helps protect all three rows of seating.

franksters
09-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
No, I wouldn't consider a volvo. Those cars are not big enough for my needs. This city that I live in is nothing but hills, a truck gets me to where I want to be, AND it is safe enough for me and the kids.

ok now a volvo station wagon is not big enough please...

Pollution is not caused only by someone having a big truck. Try ANY form of transportation...Bus, Trucks, Cars, Boats, Airplanes....anything that runs on fuel. We can go on a debate team for the life of you and myself about "Pollution" and their causes.

exactly govn and city vehicle should show the example first with vehicle that exceed standards...

Sure, I know about cancer. I had several people die that have been close to me through different types of cancer. I'm not ignorant.

I don't smoke, do drugs, and drink minimally at best. How about yourself? How about YOUR car being a Pollution machine? EVERY vehicle that is out there takes up quality air. I'm not a martyer and don't profess to be completely schooled on our enviornment. I will leave that up to the ones that are obsessed with it.

You seem like a angry person who needs to "help the enviorment" a bit more with the conservation of "hot air". I think, just possibly you are running around with a inferior vehicle that makes you upset that you don't have something that won't break down in the middle of nowhere. Work a bit harder, strive for a better enviorment for YOURSELF.

you don't know what vehicle I own and how much I make, I made the change because I have a conscience...

People don't get handed nice things, they work hard for them. It's not about status, its about what I like. It's like choosing Helmans Mayonaise comparable to store brand Mayonaise. Of course, I look at cost when I am getting something. But, if I want something that I consider the 'best' for me or my family....I'll get it no matter the cost. Whether it be a $3.00 jar of mayonaise or a $1.59 jar of mayonaise. You see where I am going with this?

you are obviously making the wrong choice for the futur...

I don't know where all your hate is coming from, honestly.

have you ever heard of human stupidity? cause that's where my choice come from, I don't have hate, I know I'm right, that is why kyoto exist...

but as long as people like you won't decide to make a change in there habit, we can sit back and relax while the decline of the environment is happening...

franksters
09-09-2005, 09:37 AM
so I guess that to close the subject:

we should use and buy more gas, so prices can keep rising.

and it's just GR8 to see that by doing this we all keep on polluting!!

isn't that GR8!!

so Don to answer your question, yes you are alone and there is nothing to do about fuel cost...

scamper
09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
have you ever heard of human stupidity? cause that's where my choice come from

enough said

Susie Q
09-10-2005, 07:50 AM
have you ever heard of human stupidity? cause that's where my choice come from, I don't have hate, I know I'm right, that is why kyoto exist...

but as long as people like you won't decide to make a change in there habit, we can sit back and relax while the decline of the environment is happening...

I know about the greenhouse effect. If I need to get rid of my truck, why don't you get rid of your car? Lets go back to horse and buggy days and only have the emergency vehicles use the big trucks?

I can make a change in my enviornment through other ways, ie. not use hairspray, recycle, etc.

Besides, armmegedon is coming soon enough. I am going to enjoy what I can before the shit hits the fan ;)

Susie Q
09-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by scamper
enough said

:D

franksters
09-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't want you to get rid of your truck, I want to get rid of our dependency to fuel...

it's not you and your own truck,

it's all of the bigs rigs on the road, the govn.and city vehicle, bus, taxi, heating ect...

the switch to cleaner energy as to happen, so we can simply live better without being dictated by the gas magna...

and for that to happen it as to start somewhere, maybe your next vehicle will be a better one, maybe you will have more choice to choose from.

it is not against you Susie Q, it is against the oil company, that is the only thing we can do to get rid of them, and we would kill to birds with one stone, pollution and gas prices.

don't you agree?

BITEYOASS
09-10-2005, 10:04 AM

ever heard about cancer?

Got that right, are people to scared or lazy to tie all that stuff on the roof of the car and tarp it up. Plus some companies are making plastic compartments that can be fastened or fixed to the roof. And my tip on buying a small sedan is don't buy american! Get something Japanese like a Mazda, which is the brand I have. That 98 Protege I have is still running even after being in Iraq for 6 months. As for fuel it only costs me $30 to fill up the tank. And if I really feel like gas is a crunch, then I just use my Raleigh mountain bike for transportation. Plus it helps to live nearby where you work or go to college at.

Don Corleone
09-11-2005, 06:02 AM
so Don to answer your question, yes you are alone and there is nothing to do about fuel cost...

Except I'm not. I don't know whats happening in the US, but here in the UK we've got Fuel Protests starting up this Wednesday.

Basically what will happen here is that the truckers are going to blockade all the oil refineries here and bring the place to a stand still - no fuel will reach the pumps (this happened once before in 2001). It is an attempt to make our Government listen and to cut the "Fuel Duty" that we currently pay.

Here's the business side for you: Each time the cost of petrol rises, fuel duty and tax inadvertly rise with it. Governements will tell you that "we have not raised the tax on fuel for X amount of months". They haven't need to to. As they refuse to make fuel duty a fixed amout (say 30p per litre), then the duty is continually sliding in a trend that is favourable to them, and less favourable to us (the public).

Financially many government could (if they so choose to) lower fuel tax/duty in order to bring the cost of petrol down and still be on target for a record fiscal year from Fuel revenue.

Incidently why do you think "Alternative Fuel Sources" aren't too well funded??? I mean, yes it would save the planet, but the multy billion dollar oil industry might suffer though for reduced sales figures.

As for "Gas Guzzlers" I drive one (Ferrari 360 Spider - looks nice, drinks like EVH on a hot day)

franksters
09-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I just learn that there will be the same kinda protest here in quebec today!

they want people to go gas 10 cent and pay with credit card, and then do it again and again.

big rigs will also block some roads around the refineries and so forth.

franksters
09-11-2005, 12:54 PM
i still think on the long term we need to go green.

Don Corleone
09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
In the long term we should, but with the money the oil industry generates for both themselves and the various Governments, then no one is really going to be in a big rush to develope the technology and do themselves out of a Billion Dollar industry (it's there, and it's being held back by funding issues).