PDA

View Full Version : Is Bush really such a dickhead?

DavidLeeNatra
09-05-2005, 07:42 AM
I hope that you all know that I don't have anything against foreign countries (you always have to add that as a german, speaking about other countries) but:

we already sent a lot of first aid and food packages to the people that suffer from the hurrican. now our government offered to send another 50 tons of food and water for the people in new orleans. the stuff is already stored in the air base of rammstein. US forces-planes that come from iraq could carry them but fly EMPTY back to the us instead of packing in all the stuff that seems to be desperately needed in the hurrican area...they say that they think about it and have to check it first...

we offered to send a flying hospital, too but again they say "no thanks"

WTF...it's for the people!!! is that just because bush is too proud to accept help from outside???

Seshmeister
09-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I dunno the details but the US has accepted the UK's offer of 1/2 million ration packs.

DlocRoth
09-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Dubya doesn't like saurkraut.

:)

Phil theStalker
09-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I hope that you all know that I don't have anything against foreign countries (you always have to add that as a german, speaking about other countries)...
HAHAHAAA!!!

Thank you for the big laugh, DLN.:D

:spank:

Wawazat
09-05-2005, 10:32 AM
free of charge i guess

and it´s Sauerkraut goddammit.

:D

DavidLeeNatra
09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I dunno the details but the US has accepted the UK's offer of 1/2 million ration packs.

yes, they accepted a "first wave" but now they hesitate to take more. it is all ready to go and the people who are in the area, helping and try to clear the situation say they'd NEED water and food NOW and the us-government is not able to send as much as needed...

DavidLeeNatra
09-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
HAHAHAAA!!!

Thank you for the big laugh, DLN.:D

:spank:

you're welcome... :D

FORD
09-05-2005, 11:35 AM
They have also turned back the Red Cross and even refused semi trucks full of water from the ultra right wing Wal Mart corporation.

The Bush Criminal Empire is truly living up to the Criminal part of their name this time, in their gross incompetence in handling the crisis themselves and the blatant fucking arrogance of refusing help from those who offer it.

franksters
09-05-2005, 12:35 PM
i think canada is waiting for an ok to send food and peace keeper to help as well...

their float of boat is waiting in a port on the east coast of canada...

i just don't get it.

blonddgirl777
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I am in France right now and the news are just blasting Bush and his outragous non sense...

Nickdfresh
09-05-2005, 02:29 PM
http://vn.kominet.ru:8101/Pic/bush-chimp.jpg

Little Texan
09-05-2005, 02:36 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/AssesOfEvil.png

Hardrock69
09-05-2005, 04:41 PM
The BCE needs to be removed from office. That is putting it nicely.

DavidLeeNatra
09-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD
They have also turned back the Red Cross and even refused semi trucks full of water from the ultra right wing Wal Mart corporation.

The Bush Criminal Empire is truly living up to the Criminal part of their name this time, in their gross incompetence in handling the crisis themselves and the blatant fucking arrogance of refusing help from those who offer it.

and it seems to be that there is only one general that is able to coordinate and organize everything...I mean, gimme a fucking break...this is america and not bangladesh and bush is not able to get things clear and water and food to the people and now blames it on the local government....it seems to be much easier to bomb the shit out of bagdad than to care for your own country...

we had a flood three years ago and people lost their homes and everything. the army was there in time, people came to help and there was a huge sum of money donated for the people...

franksters
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
same here with the ice storm in winter about 6 years ago...

I think bush should quit his job, or commit suicide, that would rock...

Nitro Express
09-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Niether the Republican or Democratic partiies are worth dung anymore. I would like to see the decent people in both parties make a third party.

Yeah the Dept. of Homeland Security is refusing all foriegn aid including the field hospitals Israel said they could have here and set up in 25 hours.

A lot of people died that didn't have to. What we are finding is the directors of these govt. agencies got their jobs because they knew someone. The director of FEMA was a horse show director who got fired from that job because he was incompetant in that role.

Nitro Express
09-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Bush will go down as one of the most incompetant presidents in history. Getting us bogged down in Iraq and the Katrina fiasco. One thing Bush is good at. Filling body bags.

DavidLeeNatra
09-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
One thing Bush is good at. Filling body bags.

if this is from you...get a copyright on this one...

BigBadBrian
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Does anyone in here know anything about supply chain management or just in time (JIT) inventory?

How about resource utilization or operations management?

Hmm?

Nitro Express
09-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I took production management in college. JIT makes sense when producing electronic consumer goods that become obsolete in six months. It's a good way of keeping the variable costs lower and not getting stuck with unwanted inventory.

JIT is tottaly stupid when it comes to emergency supplies. One thing that tends to go to hell in an emergency is transportation and when you need the goods, you need them NOW! By the time the suppliers manufacture and supply you, it's too damn late.

Nitro Express
09-07-2005, 02:07 AM
How about common sense? That's what gets you through an emergency. Even a efficient buerocracy is still a buerocracy and the main responsibility falls on the local govt. dosen't it? Even with that it was a no brainer that New Orleans was incapable of helping itself and would need federal assistance.

Operations Management ultimately means leadership and Resource Allocation means assessing what's available and giving it to the highest priority first. Why do we have one man as an entire branch of govt.? Because in a national emergency the buck has to stop with somebody and that somebody is the President of the United States. He is given great authority because in times of emergency we don't have the time for congressional debates. The buck stops at the president and it's his responsibility to assess the situation. If the military is fucking up or the Department of Homeland Security which includes FEMA is fucking up, he's the man that makes the call. He's captian of the country.

Sure you can't evacuate a city the size of New Orleans immediately but you sure as hell can make emergency food, water, and medical drops. You can drop in armed troops to stop the lawlessness. If people are shooting at the helecopters, you shoot back. A M-60 machine gun will snuff out the random small arms shit the gang thugs are using.

No leadership is having the balls to take command. There's no reason why those people had to go through days of what they went through when the govt. has so many aircraft available. It's the president's responsibility to assess the situation and make calls to the variouse people in charge.

Why in the hell a horse show director was made director of FEMA with no experience for the job during a time when terrorists could hit us big at any time is unbelievable. I guess that is the problem in general with the United States. There is no leadership anymore.

BigBadBrian
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Yeah, I took production management in college. JIT makes sense when producing electronic consumer goods that become obsolete in six months. It's a good way of keeping the variable costs lower and not getting stuck with unwanted inventory.

JIT is tottaly stupid when it comes to emergency supplies. One thing that tends to go to hell in an emergency is transportation and when you need the goods, you need them NOW! By the time the suppliers manufacture and supply you, it's too damn late.

That's my point. You don't want the supplies to just sit on an airbase tarmac which seems to be the case in Germany. The supplies don't do a whole lot of good if they have to wait for long. I don't know how they are doing their supply structure in this entire rescue operation, but transportation is in short demand right now. I'm not making excuses...I just don't know the details of the issue.

Right now, plucking living, breathing human bodies out of flooded houses out of New Orleans and flying them to evacuation shelters have the priority over everything. Read the next story concerning the US policy on international aid.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Rice says no foreign aid will be refused
Dozens of countries offer help to U.S.
By Barry Schweid
Associated Press
September 1, 2005

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a dramatic turnabout, the United States is now on the receiving end of help from around the world as some two dozen countries offer post-hurricane assistance.

Venezuela, a target of frequent criticism by the Bush administration, offered humanitarian aid and fuel. Venezuela’s Citgo Petroleum Corp. pledged a $1 million donation for hurricane aid.

The United Nations informed U.S. Ambassador John R. Bolton it was prepared to support the relief effort “in any way possible.” Under Secretary-General Jan Egeland said his office had offered the services of the U.N.’s disaster assistance and coordination teams to the U.S. Agency for International Development.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon sent a letter to President Bush offering hundreds of doctors, nurses, technicians and other experts in trauma, natural disasters and public health.

“We also offer field hospitals, medical kits and equipment for temporary housing, reinforcement for hospitals, or any assistance that you may require,” Sharon wrote.

He said the teams and equipment could be ready in 24 hours.

With offers from the four corners of the globe pouring in, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has decided “no offer that can help alleviate the suffering of the people in the afflicted area will be refused,” State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said today.

However, in Moscow, a Russian official said the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency had rejected a Russian offer to dispatch rescue teams and other aid.

On Tuesday, President Vladimir Putin sent condolences to Bush and said Russia was prepared to help if asked.

Boats, aircraft, tents, blankets, generators, cash assistance and medical teams have been offered to the U.S. government in Washington or in embassies overseas.

Offers have been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, NATO and the Organization of American States, the spokesman said.

Still, Bush told ABC-TV: “I’m not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn’t asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country’s going to rise up and take care of it.”

“You know,” he said, “we would love help, but we’re going to take care of our own business as well, and there’s no doubt in my mind we’ll succeed. And there’s no doubt in my mind, as I sit here talking to you, that New Orleans is going to rise up again as a great city.”

Historically, the United States provides assistance to other countries experiencing earthquakes, floods and other disasters.

Germany, which was rebuilt after World War II largely by the U.S. Marshall Plan, offered its help in a telephone call to Rice.

“The German Government is prepared to do all that is humanly possible,” the German embassy said. In his call, German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer assured Rice of Germany’s solidarity with its American friends in a difficult time, the embassy said.

Israeli Ambassador Daniel Ayalon called Wednesday at the State Department to offer condolences and assistance. Israel is the largest recipient of U.S. aid, about $2.2 billion a year.

“The hearts and prayers of Israel’s people are with the people of the United States and the many millions who are suffering in the regional devastation resulting from hurricane Katrina,” the Israeli embassy said in a statement.

LINK (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?submitdate=20059115312)

franksters
09-07-2005, 09:08 AM
does anyone know if that would be a first for Israel?

Dave IS VH
09-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
Is Bush really such a dickhead?

YESSS!!!!

He started a war with Iraq and doesn't know when to end it, they got Saddam, so why the Hell do we still have our young men and women over there dieing, Gas prices are the worst they are ever been and he isn't doing a Damn thing about it, the delay reaction to help the people in NO after one of the worst hurricane in history, we got our own people going without food and water dieing in the streets from hunger, thrust and dieses, but lets send more young people over seas to get killed, sorry I guess I'm getting carried away, and might affined a few folks.

Dave IS VH
09-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Another thing about Bush why are focussing on Iraq?, What about Alkida and Bin Ladden, which is still alive running around?, he is truly responsible for 9/11, not Saddam. There I got my 2 cents in. ;)

franksters
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
BUSH Is just another way to say CUNT!

Little Texan
09-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
YESSS!!!!

He started a war with Iraq and doesn't know when to end it, they got Saddam, so why the Hell do we still have our young men and women over there dieing, Gas prices are the worst they are ever been and he isn't doing a Damn thing about it, the delay reaction to help the people in NO after one of the worst hurricane in history, we got our own people going without food and water dieing in the streets from hunger, thrust and dieses, but lets send more young people over seas to get killed, sorry I guess I'm getting carried away, and might affined a few folks.

Same reasons I can't stand him. You know, the reason he doesn't do anything about these high gas prices is he still has alot of money tied up in oil stocks from when he was an oilman, which are making him a shitload of money. Why stop the cash flow? Same with Cheney - Haliburton.