PDA

View Full Version : Def Leppard Movie On Vh1....yuck!

jcook11
09-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Did anyone else try to watch this krapp?:o

Seshmeister
09-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Saw it a while ago, it's not good...

bueno bob
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Who would fucking care, anyway?

Susie Q
09-07-2005, 07:25 PM
I watched it, but thought it was third rate at best.

FORD
09-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I watched it, but thought it was third rate at best.

Just like every Def Leppard album after Pyromania......

flappo
09-08-2005, 08:00 AM
or before

Susie Q
09-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Just like every Def Leppard album after Pyromania......

I agree. I dunno what happened to them, really. I would still like to see them in concert before I croak.

Seshmeister
09-08-2005, 09:25 AM
I've seen them a couple of times in the last few years and they still put on a good show.

4 or 5 tedious ballads also gives you plenty of time to go and get the beers in...

FORD
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I agree. I dunno what happened to them, really. I would still like to see them in concert before I croak.

They're touring minor league baseball parks this year with the other wussed out hasbeen Bryan Adams. And they released a new single which is a cover of the old Badfinger song "No Matter What", which proved that indeed they still suck.

bueno bob
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM

Don't get your hopes up...shy of "Photograph", you won't hear anything prior to the Hysteria album...so you might want to bring someone with you to keep you awake...

Seshmeister
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
The gigs I saw there were still doing maybe 4 pre Hysteria songs and they shone out as easily the best stuff.

I would pay to see them just play the whole of Pyromania.

EbDawson
09-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
Did anyone else try to watch this krapp?:o

Was this the one with Anthony Michael Hall as Mutt Lange?

Seshmeister
09-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280754/

mako_kimura
04-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Oh, for crying out loud, why the Def Lep ripping? If you guys liked them before, you would've stayed loyal and stuck with em no matter what. Hell, I personally liked them during the mid and late 80's, and in the early 90's. If you were such loyal fans in their NWOBHM days, you wouldn't accuse them of this "sellout" bullshit that you file em under now

FORD
04-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
Oh, for crying out loud, why the Def Lep ripping? If you guys liked them before, you would've stayed loyal and stuck with em no matter what. Hell, I personally liked them during the mid and late 80's, and in the early 90's. If you were such loyal fans in their NWOBHM days, you wouldn't accuse them of this "sellout" bullshit that you file em under now

You mean after almost 800 posts on this board you haven't figured out that most of us don't like it when former hard rock bands sell out to cheese factories?

Def Leppard post Pyromania is the British Van Hagar. Only it was firing a guitarist that ruined their band, rather than a singer.

RuzDNailz
04-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Truth is, they lost both their guitar players over time. Steve succumed to a mix of drugs and alcohol and Pete was let go. Sadly, Pete Willis never really went anywhere afterwards except a project with ex-Iron Maiden lead singer Paul DiAnno.

Terry
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Dug High N' Dry...Pyromania was a good, solid rock rock album...Hysteria was a bunch of overproduced riffs and cliches cobbled together that made for a few good moments (Gods Of War...and if you give me a week maybe I can think of another one)...what the fuck came after Hysteria...oh yeah, Adrenalize...yeah, that one sucked balls. Since then they've had Viv Campbell in the band (what a fucking waste he has been in Leppard, too)...

For me, doesn't really follow that I'm gonna automatically like everything ANY band does...even Zeppelin put out a few dud tracks I wouldn't bother with.

Having said all of that, I am going to see Leppard in July with Journey (hey, the missus informed we that she wanted to see a concert this summer, and the choices were either Lep/Journey or Sam Hagar...you can imagine how tough THAT choice was...), haven't seen Leppard since 1988, so it'll be interesting, although I'd be willing to bet Elliot couldn't hit the high notes in Photograph now even with his balls in a lobster claw cracker. Am wondering if he'll even TRY to, NOT try at all, or wuss out and do sing them in a lower key.