PDA

View Full Version : Opeth Chart Positions for "Ghost Reveries"

bueno bob
09-07-2005, 10:33 AM
OPETH's 'Ghost Reveries' Enters BILLBOARD Chart At No. 64! - Sep. 7, 2005

OPETH's latest album, "Ghost Reveries", has sold just under 15,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release (according to Nielsen SoundScan) to debut at position No. 64 on next week's The Billboard 200 chart. This is substantially more than the first-week tally of the band's previous album, "Damnation", which shifted a little over 5,000 copies upon its release in 2003.

"Ghost Reveries" has entered the national charts in the following countries:

#11: Finland
#21: Norway
#35: Australia
#62: U.K.
#64: USA

As previously reported, OPETH's video for the track "The Grand Conjuration", featuring a special guest appearance by STRAPPING YOUNG LAD drummer Gene Hoglan, has been posted online at Roadrun.com. The song comes off "Ghost Reveries", which was mastered on June 16 at the Cutting Room facilities in Stockholm and features a running time of 66 minutes.

OPETH utilized the services of Hoglan during the bulk of the recently completed Sounds of the Underground tour after the group's regular skinsman, Martin Lopez, went back to Sweden for treatment of a rare blood disorder he's had for most of his life. The band have since enlisted Martin Axenrot (BLOODBATH, WITCHERY, NIFELHEIM) to take over Lopez' duties until he's fully recovered.

A full OPETH biography, discography and global gig guide can be found at Rockdetector.com.

nosuchluck
09-07-2005, 01:47 PM
wow! thats some achievement - finally got my hands on the album and its as brilliant as everyone says it is (though "Still Life" still remains the definitive Opeth album for me)

didn't know about Martin Lopez' condition - hope he pulls through...

Last_Child
09-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Opeth is an Amazingfuckingly Graate band.!

The little problem for me is the Fucking Cookie monster Vocals that pop in...:mad:

I hate that sort of "singing".. Can't fucking stand it..