PDA

View Full Version : Oprah

scamper
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
What she found, she said, surprised her: "Nothing I saw on television prepared me for what I experienced on the ground," she said on the show. While she stopped short of overt criticism of the relief efforts, she said later: "This makes me so mad. This should not have happened." And after hearing descriptions of people dying unattended in the streets, she said, "I think we all - this country owes these people an apology."

I know I'm sorry, it was all my fault.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/07/arts/television/07opra.html

ELVIS
09-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry a killer storm came...

twonabomber
09-07-2005, 02:31 PM
i'm sorry Oprah wasn't trapped in Nawlins.

Mezro
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Mezro...I am sorry Oprah will not be able to eat a bucket of crawfish for lunch today...

Warham
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
She ate Stedman the other day.

DrMaddVibe
09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Stedman...the other white meat.

Nitro Express
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Well Oprah is a billionare, open your wallet and help those poor people. Hire them, give them jobs in your business Oprah.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Well Oprah is a billionare, open your wallet and help those poor people. Hire them, give them jobs in your business Oprah.

That's a really good point...

FORD
09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
I'd be surprised if she hadn't contributed some money already.

And to give credit where it's due, Celine Dion contributed $1 million to the cause, AND was outspoken against the BCE's failures. It's not enough to make me buy her music, but it's appreciated nevertheless :)

ELVIS
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Did you hear the stupid woman justify the looting ??

FORD
09-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

No, but if she was referring to someone taking food, clothing, or other staples, I would probably agree with her. Which is kinda scary....

ELVIS
09-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Celine quote:
"Maybe those people are so poor, some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once."

:elvis:

ELVIS
09-07-2005, 11:09 PM
:monekyl:http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/images/people/celinedionAP.JPGhttp://www.nrk.no/img/432426.jpeg:monekyr:

:uck:

FORD
09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Was she volunteering her mansion? Of course, I think they oughta bus all these folks to Kennebunkport & Crawford and let them evict the BCE from their houses.

ELVIS
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah, you're crazy...;)

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Was she volunteering her mansion? Of course, I think they oughta bus all these folks to Kennebunkport & Crawford and let them evict the BCE from their houses.

let 'em move to the White House...after all, it's the "people's house."

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 03:42 AM
better idea! send 'em to Gitmo!

Nitro Express
09-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Oprah may be annoying at times but my mom says she's actually very nice. She ran into Oprah up in Sun Valley, Idaho and Oprah came over to her table and asked what they were eating and what was good. No shit. True story. My mom said Oprah was very nice and pleasant to talk to.

Nobody gave Oprah anything. She took what opportunities she had and became successful. Not bad for a poor, sexually abused, black girl from Mississippi who suffered from low esteem. If all those welfare rats in New Orleans were more like Oprah, that city would be way better off. The country would be better off.

twonabomber
09-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Oprah is responsible for forcing Dr. Phil upon the world. she must be destroyed. :D

fryingdutchman
09-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Sorry that the inadequate, century-plus old levee system failed, Oprah.

She's a gunt.

Stop giving away free cars to suburban soccer moms and step up for people that actually NEED help.

DrMaddVibe
09-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Maybe Oprah will donate one of her many homes to the displaced flood victims. Let's see...which one...the mansion in the Keys or the chateau on St. Barts?

Decisions decisions.

ashstralia
09-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Stop giving away free cars to suburban soccer moms and step up for people that actually NEED help.

she didn't pay for those cars, mate.

and as much as she annoys the fuck outta me,

and what twona said, i have to agree with nitro (again!).

i hate how these talk show hosts exploit their guests,

but what she's achieved for herself is admirable to me.

fryingdutchman
09-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
she didn't pay for those cars, mate.

and as much as she annoys the fuck outta me,

and what twona said, i have to agree with nitro (again!).

i hate how these talk show hosts exploit their guests,

but what she's achieved for herself is admirable to me.

I hear ya Ashstralia...and I don't begrudge Oprah the success that she's created for herself. And I also agree with Nitro, who expressed the notion that the multi-billionaires like Oprah should crack open their wallets.

But regardless of who paid for the cars, my point is that her focus is/was "off" a bit.

Rampant poverty and despair in New Orleans have been a fact of life for decades. It didn't just "happen" after Hurricane Katrina.

I'm just saying that perhaps Oprah should have dealt with that issue instead of giving away cars...again, regardless of who paid for them. She shouldn't come out with this attitude of being "shocked and appalled by what she saw" in a post-Katrina visit. Because conditions there were probably very sad, blighted, and desperate BEFORE all the water came rushing in.

Now it's just much, much worse.

ashstralia
09-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
I hear ya Ashstralia...and I don't begrudge Oprah the success that she's created for herself. And I also agree with Nitro, who expressed the notion that the multi-billionaires like Oprah should crack open their wallets.

But regardless of who paid for the cars, my point is that her focus is/was "off" a bit.

Rampant poverty and despair in New Orleans have been a fact of life for decades. It didn't just "happen" after Hurricane Katrina.

I'm just saying that perhaps Oprah should have dealt with that issue instead of giving away cars...again, regardless of who paid for them. She shouldn't come out with this attitude of being "shocked and appalled by what she saw" in a post-Katrina visit. Because conditions there were probably very sad, blighted, and desperate BEFORE all the water came rushing in.

Now it's just much, much worse.

i hear you too, mate, and i completely agree with your post.

DrMaddVibe
09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
The fact she's rich and successful doesn't bother me in the slightest. I applaud ANYONE that works hard. What I find offensive is what she does with her fame...that saying "sorry" bit...how does one accept responsibility for a natural disaster? Especially one that the city KNOWS could potentially wipe it from the face of the Earth!

scamper
09-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
She ran into Oprah up in Sun Valley, Idaho and Oprah came over to her table and asked what they were eating

That doesn't surprise me

blueturk
09-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Celine Dion is a stupid white bitch!