PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondria

SensibleShoes
03-23-2004, 02:35 AM
This is my FAVORITE shit - call from the OBGYN's office - two weeks after the pap smear - saying "please call us immediately, and we'll be back in the office Wednesday."

Why do they pull that shit? I can work myself into a major lather by then!!!!!

Dr. Love
03-23-2004, 01:06 PM
LOOK OUT, IT'S A VIRUS!!

Mr Grimsdale
03-23-2004, 01:19 PM
ooh er
a lather

WOOF!

Switch84
03-24-2004, 12:38 AM
;) It's always "urgent" when the doc wants to see you on their terms, then they leave you hanging for an appointment time/date. If you cancel an appointment you made, the doc's office will get their panties in a knot and charge you a $50 fee for the cancellation.

Bastards!

Mr Grimsdale
03-24-2004, 05:39 AM
the doc wears panties? is he a woofter or just a tranny?

Angel
03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
I know how you feel hon! I've been told that I have a large polyp in my uterus (don't you love how they don't use the word tumour anymore?) My appt with the OBGYN was for JUNE! - But being a smart canuck, I know to get on cancellation lists. I go see him next week instead!

What worries me is that I had cancerous cells frozen off my cervix in '83! Oh well, all I can do is hope it's benign, but dammit I've sure been worrying a lot!

My guess on your PAP? It's probably come back as "not normal". If that is the case, they will re-do the test. Following that, if necessary, they will send you for a colposcopy to take a closer look at the cells in question. If necessary, they'll freeze or burn off the applicable cells. Then, you have the joy of a PAP every 6 months for a couple of years!!! Hang in there and DON'T WORRY! If you have your PAP done every year, and this year there is a change, chances are you have cells that are "changing", and they will get rid of them before they can become a problem!

:angel:

DLRSLAVE
03-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
;) It's always "urgent" when the doc wants to see you on their terms, then they leave you hanging for an appointment time/date. If you cancel an appointment you made, the doc's office will get their panties in a knot and charge you a $50 fee for the cancellation.

Bastards!

Switch change doc's no one has to put up with shit like that. I know I
work in the medical field. I pay no one $ for cancellation or my bad no
show and I have an HMO. And I only see the MD no F'in PA OR NP I
work to hard for my heath insurance to be handed over to some wanna
be can't be.

seenbad
03-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Angel
I know how you feel hon! I've been told that I have a large polyp in my uterus (don't you love how they don't use the word tumour anymore?)

.....OMG. You have to be fuckin kidding me. Are you seriously talking about polyps on your uterus on the world wide fucking web? What in the HELL is the matter with you? :confused:

EWwwwwwwwWWWWwwwWWWwWwWwWww.

Dr. Love
03-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Don't you talk about your uterus on the web?

Mr Grimsdale
03-26-2004, 09:52 AM
i take mine for walks in the park