PDA

View Full Version : The Mayor of New Orleans: Was this all a setup?

rustoffa
09-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't mean for this to seem like a spam-type thread, I'm just whackedoutofmybrain.

I was listening to NPR the other day, and that "Fresh Air" programming was on...if you've ever heard it, it's like this smarmy bitch interviewing people. That's a pretty low-brow description, but I think it works.

Anyway, she was interviewing Chuck D from Public Enemy...the interview was from a few years back. It was basically whatever. However, he flippantly remarked about the newly-elected mayor of New Orleans. Something to the effect of: "There's a new sheriff in town", or some shit.

Did anybody else catch that?

Wot a load of crap.

fryingdutchman
09-08-2005, 05:21 AM
The Mayor of New Orleans should be ashamed of himself.

Instead of stepping up and being a strong leader, he took the easy way out with a series of profanity laced tirades blaming everybody and anybody he could get his hands on.

There's plenty of time to assign blame, Mayor Asshole. Shut your cakehole and start helping.

"New Sheriff" in town, eh? Real nice. Is that supposed to make us "honkies" start quaking in our boots.

Seems like an unfortunate trend with African-American Mayors in major cities.

Up here...'round Philadelphia way....the illustrious Mayor John Street caused quite a fervor a few years back when he stepped up to a press conference microphone and stated that "Now the brothers and sisters are running the city."

Hey....Kanye West....sounds like Mayor Street hates white people.

But that notion is apparently socially acceptable....for some odd reason.