PDA

View Full Version : TV commercials that you absolutely hate

Little Texan
09-08-2005, 06:13 PM
I hate those Vonage commercials...I cringe every time I hear that hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo...I can't grab the remote quick enough! :mad:

lionsfan
09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
The Pepto Bismol commercials. I can not believe that crap is still on the air.

"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea! Yay, Pepto Bismol!"

:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
All of them.
This is why I do not listen to the radio. To listen to 10 minutes of commercials and then hear 1 or 2 songs followed by 10 more minutes of advertising is intolerable.

To say these stations have some kind of 'format' is laughable.

There is no difference.

They are all the same format: 24/7 advertising. They just use different forms of music to dilute the advertising....

But then, the music is advertising. It's sole purpose in being played on the radio is to sell more records.

FUCK RADIO.

Radio sucks fucking ass and has for decades.

Little Texan
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Those Geico commercials are really starting to get under my skin as well. They were alright at first, and had some clever ideas for their ads, but lately they have gotten really lame, like the advertising agency has run out of decent ideas. The "I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico" ad campaign has long since run it's course.

ThrillsNSpills
09-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I've donated my tv to people who watch TV.

guitar is much more rewarding

blueturk
09-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Those fucking Ovaltine commercials! I love the hell out of the stuff, but where the HELL did they get those "actors"? Are they related to Ovaltine's CEO?!

guitarboy5150
09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
i cant stand those new quiznos commercials...that baby is so annoying. i wonder why they took away those rat lookin things...

EAT QUIZNO'S SUBS

FORD
09-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
All of them.
This is why I do not listen to the radio. To listen to 10 minutes of commercials and then hear 1 or 2 songs followed by 10 more minutes of advertising is intolerable.

To say these stations have some kind of 'format' is laughable.

There is no difference.

They are all the same format: 24/7 advertising. They just use different forms of music to dilute the advertising....

But then, the music is advertising. It's sole purpose in being played on the radio is to sell more records.

FUCK RADIO.

Radio sucks fucking ass and has for decades.

Think about XM. All the music channels are commerical free. And on the talk radio channels, they still have all the breaks, because many of the shows also air over AM/FM markets, but they usually substitute their own content for the commercials. Tech updates, trivial news things and the like. Some are even kind of interesting, although you often here the same one several times a week if you listen regularly. But it does beat commercials :)

FORD
09-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by guitarboy5150
i cant stand those new quiznos commercials...that baby is so annoying. i wonder why they took away those rat lookin things...

EAT QUIZNO'S SUBS

Because they fucking caused nightmares!

But if you check Main, apparently Quiznos is selling a Sammy Hagar Cabo Wabo sub now, so you might want to avoid them anyway.

But then Subway is sponsoring REICHSTOCK 2005 on Sunday, so I guess I'm gonna stop eating fucking subs altogether.

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 07:02 AM
here's one:

A ring ding ding ding d-ding baa aramba baa baa barooumba

A ring ding ding ding ding
A Ring Ding Ding Dingdemgdemg
Ring ding
Baa-Baa

Ring ding ding ding ding
a Bram ba am baba weeeeeee

that was a number one single as well in England. Stupid people.

BITEYOASS
09-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
here's one:

Ring ding
Baa-Baa

Ring ding ding ding ding

are you talking about that fuckin crazy frog? God damn it's so awful that I'd rather listen to Coldplay or some other lame Emo band that the UK tends to churn out every month or so.

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
are you talking about that fuckin crazy frog?

...yes...

Little Texan
09-10-2005, 03:57 PM
here's one:

Ring ding
Baa-Baa

Ring ding ding ding ding

I've never seen that one, but it sounds extremely annoying. What company is it for?

Unchainme
09-10-2005, 03:58 PM
...yes...

Why the hell is the big deal with that Frog thing anyways, When I first saw the commerical for the ringtone, I thought what the hell is the point I'd rather stick with my CVH Ringtone.

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Why the hell is the big deal with that Frog thing anyways, When I first saw the commerical for the ringtone, I thought what the hell is the point I'd rather stick with my CVH Ringtone.

made by 15 year olds, I think....

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
That fucking commercial with the dude looking into the mirror and his fucking eyelid starts talking to him.

FasterPussycat
09-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Some dude in a higher-up got itch balls!!! :rolleyes:

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:19 PM
adverts when the speaking doesn't match the mouth movement piss me off...

DrMaddVibe
09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Any commercial with an alarm clock or a pager going off!

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
AARRGGHHH!!!

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:25 PM
why can't they have a seperate channel JUST for adverts?

FasterPussycat
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
why can't they have a seperate channel JUST for adverts?

Your statement says how immature you are...
Would you watch that “advertising only channel?” Oh wait, we already have those type of channels; we call that Home Shopping Network or QVC!!! :rolleyes:

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
Your statement says how immature you are...
Would you watch that “advertising only channel?” Oh wait, we already have those type of channels; we call that Home Shopping Network or QVC!!! :rolleyes:

well if you'd rather watch adverts on normal channels...fine....but how does that make me immature?....

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by guitarboy5150

EAT QUIZNO'S SUBS

nice avatar guitarboy! :cool:

http://www.themodernword.com/joyce/music/syd.JPG

Nitro Express
09-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Those Pepto Bismol commercials where the people do the dance makes me want to take an AK-47 and hose the motherfuckers down into a big pile of hamburger, take a big coal shovel and feed the slop to the pigs.

Soul Reaper
09-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Those Pepto Bismol commercials where the people do the dance makes me want to take an AK-47 and hose the motherfuckers down into a big pile of hamburger, take a big coal shovel and feed the slop to the pigs.

it's worse over here......people dancing over a bottle of shampoo....

Lloyd Anger
09-11-2005, 09:36 AM
This one makes me want to take a baseballbat and stick it in his ass. You'll know who I mean.

"Thank you Moka-Coca. Dodge,Jeep and Chrysler come up on boo-koo awards".

"I got the hook, nephew"

"Fo shizel, Icazizle".

"If the ride is mo fly, you mus buy".

And this type of ignorant basterd is the roll models of todays youth. Fucker don't even speak no good English. Where is this country headed?

Makes me pissed and sad at the same time.

guitarboy5150
09-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
nice avatar guitarboy! :cool:

http://www.themodernword.com/joyce/music/syd.JPG

thank u

Soul Reaper
09-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Lloyd Anger
This one makes me want to take a baseballbat and stick it in his ass. You'll know who I mean.

"Thank you Moka-Coca. Dodge,Jeep and Chrysler come up on boo-koo awards".

"I got the hook, nephew"

"Fo shizel, Icazizle".

"If the ride is mo fly, you mus buy".

And this type of ignorant basterd is the roll models of todays youth. Fucker don't even speak no good English. Where is this country headed?

Makes me pissed and sad at the same time.

....erm....is it George Bush?!

:D

Nitro Express
09-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I would like to shove George Bush up Snoop Dog's ass.

Nitro Express
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Of course putting Dubba's brain inside Snoop would niether raise the intelligence or correct the speach. He just would sound like John Wayne with a tight ass.

Nitro Express
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Of course I meant to type speech not speach. Too many Corona's today.

BenJammin
09-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I let most commercials go by without much notice. But what really pisses me off is when there are so MANY of the FUCKERS in a row that I FORGET what it was that I was WATCHING in the first place!!!

Soul Reaper
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I would like to shove George Bush up Snoop Dog's ass.

strange thought.....

Soul Reaper
09-12-2005, 11:46 AM
....but make a note of it

CROWBAR
09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Those stupid ass Geico.com commercials where the guys are dressed up like cromagnons.

bueno bob
09-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
Those stupid ass Geico.com commercials where the guys are dressed up like cromagnons.

Fuck, I know...those aren't even vaguely funny in the most remote sense of the word...

I also hate those "It's all about the O" overstock.com commercials...I can't stand the bitch in those ads, she just fucking annoys the shit out of me for some reason.

I keep trying to force-choke her and get depressed when I realize it's just a recording.

Dave's Bitch
09-19-2005, 03:38 PM
here's one:

Ring ding
Baa-Baa

Ring ding ding ding ding

i hate that commercial soooooo effin much omfg i hate it

Little Texan
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Those E-Harmony.com commercials are really starting to annoy the shit out of me now. Seems most ad agencies now try to create the most annoying, irritating commercials possible, because most of the ones currently on tv are that way.

Little Texan
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Had to dig up this old thread since there are a fresh new batch of irritating ad campaigns on tv right now, namely the new Geico ads with the stupid stack of cash with eyeballs and that shitty 80's song as background music. God I hate these new ads!

Hardrock69
08-15-2009, 02:20 AM
That makes two of us again lol.

We will never be free of them.

AIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!

FORD
08-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Geico needs to stick with the gecko. All their other ads (cavemen/money with eyeballs/etc) pretty much suck.

They did dump the Glenn BecKKK show though (along with most of his other sponsors) so I can't be too mad at them right now.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I hate those progressive commercials with that goofy bitch Flo.

Terry
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM

That cunt is annoying.

Little Texan
08-19-2009, 03:38 AM

I thought she was kinda hot at first, so I tolerated those stupid commercials and her goofiness, but since then they have gotten progressively more stupid and she's gotten progressively more annoying to the point that I can't hardly stand her anymore! Although, I would still grudge fuck her! :biggrin:

Little Texan
08-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Another ad campaign I can't stand are the freecreditreport.com ads with that group of fudgepackers that "sing" a different annoying ass song every commercial, and they just keep getting worse and worse! I HATE those fuckers!

Little Texan
08-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Geico needs to stick with the gecko. All their other ads (cavemen/money with eyeballs/etc) pretty much suck.

They did dump the Glenn BecKKK show though (along with most of his other sponsors) so I can't be too mad at them right now.

You have to wonder, if their insurance is as cheap as they say it is, then how is it that they are able to run these commercials on tv almost non-stop, 24-7? Those advertising dollars have to be coming from somewhere?

Kristy
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Those Geico commercials are really starting to get under my skin as well.

The most annoying overkill commercials/advertising, ever. Love to stick that pseudo limey-speaking lizard in a blender and frappe* on high.

*whatever the hell frappe means.

Anonymous
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Dunno if you get them in the US, but out here, the most annoying/stupid/annoyingly stupid commercial are for women's that-time-of-the-month parafernalia.

Here's an example... believe ot or not, it's NOT the worst. Not even close.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vOjJsl3qgo&hl=pt-br&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8vOjJsl3qgo&hl=pt-br&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Cheers! :bottle:

ELVIS
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
This is actually a topic on a DLR site ??

Anonymous
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, in NON-RELATED.

Unless you believe everything unrelated to VH/DLR must be about your fuckin' god.

*queue hip/god joke*

Cheers! :bottle:

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I also hate the drug companies peddling there shit on tv. If there is something wrong with me, I'll go to the doctor and determine what should be done. There are so many people that are easily influenced and start believing they need this or that to make them better when there is a more effective alternative without taking a magic pill that makes you dizzy, retarded, blind, deaf, and irrateable. Oh, and you can bet you'll have a sore throat.

Guitar Shark
08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
The one I hate the most is the one with the duck that they show during baseball games.

AFLAC!!

Ugh.

FORD
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
The one I hate the most is the one with the duck that they show during baseball games.

AFLAC!!

Ugh.

The most annoying thing about the duck is that they hired Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice. Why would you hire the most annoying voice on the goddamn planet to do voice work? (OK, that's a little subjective.... Sammy Hagar and Fran Drescher are also strong contenders, but he's definitely in the top 3)

Though in the latest one where the duck is singing the lullaby it actually sounds more like Peter Griffin from Family Guy, so maybe they told Gilbert to quack off?

ZahZoo
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Nascar has Hagar advertising the next race at Fontana in So Cal... it's more irritating than the Aflac duck shit.

At first I thought Castrol Edge commercials with a crazy Scotsman who reminds me of Sesh... goes around smacking people with a dipstick yelling "That's thinkin with your dipstick, Jimmie" was funny... it's irritating now.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mj5ms9PJDNY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mj5ms9PJDNY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Nascar has Hagar advertising the next race at Fontana in So Cal... it's more irritating than the Aflac duck shit.

At first I thought Castrol Edge commercials with a crazy Scotsman who reminds me of Sesh... goes around smacking people with a dipstick yelling "That's thinkin with your dipstick, Jimmie" was funny... it's irritating now.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mj5ms9PJDNY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mj5ms9PJDNY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's a pretty retarded commercial, especially since the product is just a cheapened, second rate offering compared to what "Edge" is in Europe/Asia...