PDA

View Full Version : Mission Accomplished? (again)

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Another reality check for the Busheep (http://www.wiseass.org/files/katrina1.swf)

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Bullshit...

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
:D

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Those are the facts. You see the results. And unfortunately, you get to see them closer than the rest of us.

Guitar Shark
09-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Thank God we have another thread on this topic!!

This couldn't have been put in the "Katrina Timeline" thread or anything like that. ;)

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Thank God we have another thread on this topic!!

This couldn't have been put in the "Katrina Timeline" thread or anything like that. ;)

The sheep in denial ruined that thread. I'm really tempted to break out the weed eater in that one.

I didn't think this should be buried under 4 pages of AssVibe's desperate breakdowns (due to the fact that his faith in the Chimp has been shatterred)

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Break out the weed eater ??

You can't do that...

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Break out the weed eater ??

You can't do that...

It's a tool I wouldn't want to use except in the most extreme of circumstances. You missed the AssProwler mess we had in here a few weeks ago.

If we had the merge and split functions it would be easier. Just move all the crap posts to a seperate thread and send it to the Dump. And then combine some of the relevant threads into one. Unfortunately that's a discussion that has to wait for Sarge to return from Iraq, since he's apparently the only one who is able to modify the V bulletin software.

BTW, I put this post in "invisbility mode", as it's a moderator discussion and irrelevant to the rest of the thread.

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I think Bush is really bald. He only wears his toupe in public but in private he sits in a secret bunker, with his bald head, stoking a cat while sitting in a huge chair. When one of his henchmen at the board room table has a great evil idea, Bush krackles with an evil laugh.

bueno bob
09-09-2005, 01:25 PM
You know...on a personal note, and maybe it's just me, but had I been in New Orleans when word of Katrina had come around, I wouldn't have sat on my ass and waited for Uncle Sam or the city government to save my life - I'd have been a bit more proactive, myself.

I'm not saying the government's not to blame for dragging it's feet, but I think that people who decided to wait it out and "see what would happen" were really kinda stupid. If that makes me sound callous, I apologize, because I'm really not. We had family down there that decided to stick it out, too, and I thought that was likewise stupid, so I'm not just talking out of my ass, here.

Personal responsibility for your own safety and the safety of your family has to start somewhere and pointing fingers at the government after ignoring the warnings days in advance just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

scamper
09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't see the point in the thread, the people for Bush see it as bullshit, the people against Bush see it as truth, its not swaying anybody.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You know...on a personal note, and maybe it's just me, but had I been in New Orleans when word of Katrina had come around, I wouldn't have sat on my ass and waited for Uncle Sam or the city government to save my life - I'd have been a bit more proactive, myself.

I'm not saying the government's not to blame for dragging it's feet, but I think that people who decided to wait it out and "see what would happen" were really kinda stupid. If that makes me sound callous, I apologize, because I'm really not. We had family down there that decided to stick it out, too, and I thought that was likewise stupid, so I'm not just talking out of my ass, here.

Personal responsibility for your own safety and the safety of your family has to start somewhere and pointing fingers at the government after ignoring the warnings days in advance just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Good post!

I'm no hero, but I decided to get out of harms way, and I volunteered to evacuate our nursing home...

I was on the phone with friends who stayed calling them idiots...

Nickdfresh
09-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Good post!

I'm no hero, but I decided to get out of harms way, and I volunteered to evacuate our nursing home...

I was on the phone with friends who stayed calling them idiots...

It is a good post. People certainly should have been more proactive regarding their own safety. Especially since I think most that had a clue knew the likelihood of a hurricane laying waste to New ORLEANS....

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 02:01 PM
So many people ride these storms out hoping for the best...

I've done it myself...

Never again!

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
So many people ride these storms out hoping for the best...

I've done it myself...

Never again!

:elvis:

The local news had some idiot from BUFFALO, and his wife (from Louisiana), on last night. He just had gotten out of New Orleans (after visiting relatives) because he decided to stay there during the hurricane because he was a "storm chaser." Apparently the fact that he survived disproves the theory of Darwinism.;)

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Yep...

Disproven!

FORD
09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
The irony here is that, despite all their pandering to the religious wrong, the BCE has given Darwinism credibility by putting a Chimp in the White House.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
You mean he has evolved ??