PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Foghat open for Blue Oyster Cult tonight!

rustoffa
09-09-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.amphitheater.org/

Apparently I'm gonn'a be chauffered to the event in a golfcart. Gee, I wonder if I'll catch any sort of buzz? I'm gonna be high on nostalgia!!!

It's grate to be me.

bueno bob
09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Indeed! I hope for your sake that BOC plays "I Love the Night" so that you can get a little more intimate with...well, anyone...

rustoffa
09-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Indeed! I hope for your sake that BOC plays "I Love the Night" so that you can get a little more intimate with...well, anyone...

"The Revenge Of Vera Gemini" has a panty-removing effect as well!

Hooray!!

ThrillsNSpills
09-09-2005, 02:09 PM
scream for more cowbell

bueno bob
09-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Whee!

Let's all go sailing now.

ThrillsNSpills
09-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Hopefully Eddie won't be driving the golf cart.

Mr. Vengeance
09-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Saw Foghat as one of the opening acts for Alice Cooper a couple of years ago. There's like one guy left from the original band....The singer was younger than I am!!!!

rustoffa
09-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Foghat had the original drummer & a semi-original bassist. The dude on slide guitar was a Molly Hatchet veteran. Lonesome Dave was replaced by some dude from Humble Pie that did a marginal job. "Fool For The City" lacked the luster.

As far as B.O.C. goes....welp, it's still the same. If you're a member of an aspiring garage/progressive/metal/no direction band, go see them.

That's some weird fucking shit man. Attention to detail. Buck Dharma set the shit on flame with rock and ro-ooo-ol.

ThrillsNSpills
09-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I gotta say it....if the drummer is the only legit original member.....should be game over...Rod Price on slide guitar and Dave P. on vox is the only way. (impossible as it might be)

But BOC can get another cowbell player and its ok.

diamondsgirl
09-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Blue Fog was one of my first concerts back in 1981 :cool:

I'm going to see BOC next week

rustoffa
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I'm going to see BOC next week

BOC is a true anamole in the world of hard-rockin' fuckers. They wrote songs about Elrich and shit. These dudes are smarter than the average telepath. Buck Dharma is probably the most underrated guitarist to survive the psychic wars. Watch how the guitar and drum techs make a list and check it three times before they hit the stage....a fucking wall of sound will show up a bit later.

Post a review!
:)

Rikk
09-11-2005, 11:30 PM
BLUE OYSTER CULT. Easily one of the best hard rock bands to come out of the 1970s. And I'm too young to remember 'em, but I got into 'em a few years ago and think they're amazing.

MAX
09-11-2005, 11:39 PM
DUNUM DUM DA DUM Oooooooooh.....

SLOW RIDE!!! TAKE IT EASY!!! :killer:

Hardrock69
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I had several BOC albums back in the 70s...finally met Buck Dharma in the mid-90s.....

Awesome fucking band.

One of the hottest tunes they have come up with recently is one called "I'm Still Burning". It kicks motherfucking ass, live...

Hardrock69
09-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh and I sawe Foghat on their live album tour in July of 1978 at the Seattle Center Colisuem....taped the show and it turned out great but got stolen the following year...