PDA

View Full Version : Attention Right Wingers: Your worst nightmares are coming true in New Orleans

FORD
09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
All through the 1990's the right wing had hysterical fantasies about that "communist" Bill Clinton confiscating their guns and making them live in a police state.

Facts are that given 40 years of Democrats in control of congress, there was never an attempt to confiscate guns or any police state.

The reports I hear coming out of New Orleans today are truly frightening....

As those BLACKWATER NAZIS, the same thugs responsible for Abu Ghraib are now assigned to patrol the streets of an American city, homeowners who are NOT affected by the flood are being told to leave their homes, AND their guns are being confiscated.

That's right, paranoid right wingers. The evil nazi sons of bitches that you voted for out of paranoia that "Al Gore was going to steal your guns" have done exactly that.

New Orleans is now a Fascist police state in the hands of the same "private contractors" who are destroying America's world wide reputation by their treatment of the Iraqi people.

And it's only the beginning.

These Blackwater pieces of shit are not Americans. If I ever catch one "patrolling" my street, I'll give them an express lane to Hell and won't think twice about doing so.

BigBadBrian
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
http://www.blackwaterusa.com/images/logo/logo.jpg

Warham
09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
We need some valium in here. Elvis, do you have access?

Warham
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD

These Blackwater pieces of shit are not Americans. If I ever catch one "patrolling" my street, I'll give them an express lane to Hell and won't think twice about doing so. [/B]

Very Christian of you, 'Jesus'.

BigBadBrian
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
http://www.blackwaterusa.com/images/flash/gulfrelief.gif

Blackwater USA responds to the call for assistance in the Gulf region.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 01, 2005

BLACKWATER JOINS HURRICANE KATRINA RELIEF EFFORT!

This morning (September 1, 2005), Blackwater USA joined the ongoing relief effort in the Gulf Region devastated by Hurricane Katrina by dispatching a SA-330J Puma helicopter to help assist in evacuating citizens from flooded areas.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Erik Prince stated, “At this time, all Americans should band together and assist our countrymen who have been struck by this natural disaster.”

The following services are available:

Airlift Services

Security Services

Communication Support

Crowd Control

Humanitarian Support Services

Logistics and Transportation Services

Anyone having a security or evacuation request may call
(252) 435-2488. All requests shall be prioritized and acted upon as quickly as possible.

We would also like to thank Iridium Satellite www.iridium.com for providing satellite phones for our relief efforts due to Hurricane Katrina.

FORD
09-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Denial ain't a river in Egypt, Brian.

The next time they stage a "terra-ist" attack in DC, all of Virginia is probably going to be under martial law. What will you do when a Blackwater Nazi Thug shows up at YOUR door and demands your weapons?

Warham
09-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I wan't proof. I don't want some copy and paste from Democratic Underground either.

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Ford you really are jumping off the deep end here...

BigBadBrian
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Denial ain't a river in Egypt, Brian.

The next time they stage a "terra-ist" attack in DC, all of Virginia is probably going to be under martial law. What will you do when a Blackwater Nazi Thug shows up at YOUR door and demands your weapons?

I don't have any to give. ;)

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
FORD, I have a new image for you if you are so worried about people not having their firearms. Display it proudly. Here it is: :D

http://www.gohotsprings.com/usa/images/guns/gun5.jpg

kentuckyklira
09-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
FORD, I have a new image for you if you are so worried about people not having their firearms. Display it proudly. Here it is: :D

http://www.gohotsprings.com/usa/images/guns/gun5.jpg Don´t take much more than carpet cutters to start a war!

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/catalog/iltow_back_optimized.jpg

FORD
09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Given the PNAC/Likud component in the current fascist state, that's an ironic illustration, although not an invalid one.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Dude, you're delusional...

FORD
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dude, you're delusional...

It should be easy enough for you to find out. Ask around.....

1) Are Blackwater thugs in New Orleans?

2) Are they "evacuating" non-flooded areas?

3) Have they "confiscated" any legally owned weapons?

If the answer to #1 is "yes", then WHY are they there? If the answer to #2 is "yes", then WHY are homeowners being evacuated if they are not in danger? If the answer to #3 is "yes", than how the fuck do you justify that??

Warham
09-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Homeowners are being evacuated because of the inherent health risks.

New Orleans is a toxic stew right now.

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I think forced evacuations on private property is illegal. Home ownership is central to the values the US Constititution was founded on. The govt. does have the responsibility to warn citizens of any danger but govt. does not have the right to force someone out of their home at gunpoint no matter what the reason is.

Years ago the US Forrest Service showed up to our cabin. They told us it would be a good itdea to evacuate because of a forrest fire and if we stayed, they couldn't guarentee our safety. That is what the govt.'s role is. Holding an M-16 on us while they force us out to save us is some scary shit.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 04:52 PM
They are evacuating because it is literally unlivable and dangerous!

The only homes with power are the ones on line with the hospitals...

Trees are down literally everywhere!

You cannot buy gas or food!

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Confiscating weapons is another issue. I can see securing them so they done fall into the hands of roaming thugs, but you know damn well those people won't get their guns back and they will go to a govt. chop shop. I feel sad for the people that lose their grandfathers shotgun, or the old Winchester that has been in the family for years. Someone will sell these expensive old guns and make $$$$ or some shit head will destroy them.

Guitar Shark
09-09-2005, 04:56 PM
FORD, how many times have I reminded you not to break your Prozac tablets in half. Take the FULL DOSE, dude.

FORD
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
They are evacuating because it is literally unlivable and dangerous!

The only homes with power are the ones on line with the hospitals...

Trees are down literally everywhere!

You cannot buy gas or food!

How far are you from the flood? Obviously you're doing OK. What would YOU do if some Blackwater thugs showed up at your door?

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 05:04 PM
The bottom line is this:

If KERRY were President and the same shit was going on in NO that is going on now, the liberal media would be praising his efforts, loving the fact that the Gov't was helping to reduce the spread of disease by forcing the residents of NO to get out, and he would be praised for using force to take up the guns so as to stop violence....

The Democrats would be all over the media saying we love black people and thats the fact....they would also make sure that America knew if the Republicans were in power NOTHING would be going on...

The fact is that the Democratic mayor and governor failed miserably and have nothing left to do but blame Bush....that dog doesn't hunt...

And yes I am Rick James, bitch!

:)

FORD
09-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
FORD, how many times have I reminded you not to break your Prozac tablets in half. Take the FULL DOSE, dude.

This ain't funny Matt. You are witnessing the beginning of the BCE's martial law fascist police state.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm 20 miles from the nearest flooding...

I'm right outside the GNO area...

Warham
09-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm still waiting for the Men In Black to show up at my door after the years of studying I've done on the interweb about UFOs.

Warham
09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
This ain't funny Matt. You are witnessing the beginning of the BCE's martial law fascist police state.

So what happens when Bush leaves office in two years?

FORD
09-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
The bottom line is this:

If KERRY were President and the same shit was going on in NO that is going on now, the liberal media would be praising his efforts, loving the fact that the Gov't was helping to reduce the spread of disease by forcing the residents of NO to get out, and he would be praised for using force to take up the guns so as to stop violence....

The Democrats would be all over the media saying we love black people and thats the fact....they would also make sure that America knew if the Republicans were in power NOTHING would be going on...

The fact is that the Democratic mayor and governor failed miserably and have nothing left to do but blame Bush....that dog doesn't hunt...

And yes I am Rick James, bitch!

If Kerry were President, FEMA would have gone into action within hours, not 6 days later.

If Gore were in his second term as President, there would have been no cuts to the Army Corps of Engineers projects, and the levees would have been reinforced by now.

Either scenario would be better than this shit.

Guitar Shark
09-09-2005, 05:09 PM

What I am witnessing is your normal "the sky is falling" routine which happens every once in a while. While I was obviously kidding about the prozac, I also haven't seen any proof of the things you are alleging.

FORD
09-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Once the fascist police state goes national, that's no longer an issue.:(

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Your Democrats failed dude, not Bush...

Ford remember this: if the info you get is already in-line with what you believe to be true, are you really ever learning anything?

Your info is wrong and extremely biased....I am not asking you to convert to the Republican party, just read some more balanced stuff!

Warham
09-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Once the fascist police state goes national, that's no longer an issue.:(

Bush doesn't have the power to implement a police state.

You'd have to have such a MASSIVE conspiracy going on, it would require every branch of the government to be involved. You can't shut up that many people.

It's not happening dude.

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I still think forcing people out of their homes is unconstitutional. Warn them and leave them. If the die of disease later, then that was their choice.

It's putting officers at risk. Many people don't trust the govt. and hell, many who stayed home were better off than going to the govt. for help at the Superdome weren't they? These people are paranoid and some my fire on the cops busting through the door. I think it's a foolish policy.

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 05:16 PM

You'd have to have such a MASSIVE conspiracy going on, it would require every branch of the government to be involved. You can't shut up that many people.

It's not happening dude.

That's the problem with all of this stuff...more fantasy than a Dio album!

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I still think forcing people out of their homes is unconstitutional. Warn them and leave them. If the die of disease later, then that was their choice.

It's putting officers at risk. Many people don't trust the govt. and hell, many who stayed home were better off than going to the govt. for help at the Superdome weren't they? These people are paranoid and some my fire on the cops busting through the door. I think it's a foolish policy.

Good points...

ODShowtime
09-09-2005, 05:19 PM
The bottom line is this:

If KERRY were President and the same shit was going on in NO that is going on now,

No. The people Kerry would have put in charge of FEMA, a cabinet post, would have been much more competent.

Warham
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM

What if they are poor and do not have health insurance to pay for the care required if they have cancer later? You think Medicaid should pay for that? Taxpayer dollars that could have possibly been saved if they would have evacuated NO years earlier?

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM
You don't become Adolf Hitler by camping out at your private ranch and riding your bicycle for three hours during prime working hours. No, Bush is too inept to become Die Fuer. Bush is a delegator. Hitler was a micro manager who worked his ass off. Hitler was a workaholic who even took methemphetamine. Bush is a spoiled rich kid who likes his ugle ranch and bicycle rides.

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 05:22 PM

It still comes back though to the Gov'ts responsibility to all...

Letting some stay, although I too value rights over Gov't intrusion, means others could be introduced to disease down the road...

It is the many vs. the few argument...which is better one right or the rights of the whole?

I don't dare speak as if I know all the answers, but I understand the evacuation policies in regards to NO

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I see what you are saying. They are saying New Orleans is worse than Love Canal. Getting the water out won't rid the toxins, they will be in the soil. Many experts are saying the city really is toast and will be uninhabital for years to come.

It's a fucking mess. It's a war zone really. But in such cases lies the opportunity to declare a state of emergency and take people's rights away. I don't car how you vote , that's something everyone should always be worried about.

Nitro Express
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Poor people typically have poor ways. Especially in the United States where there's more opportinities than lets say Haiti. Still, a govt. that just lets the poor sit in a shitpile because they couldn't get out is no better than a place like Somolia.

There's going to be a ton of work needed in the cleanup of the gulf states. Some of these people with no money or jobs could be used. The govt. could runs camps, pay the people, and provide additional education opportunities. My welfare program would have no free handouts. That only keeps people poor. It would provide a way to work your way out of the hole and provide needed services to the community. Of course people would call me a racist for making people work. LOL!

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm getting in line to buy property!

DR CHIP
09-09-2005, 05:48 PM
The fact is that people all over the Gulf Coast are in need, not just N.O....

I wish someone would stand up and call it for what it was...

I live in Sarasota and just South of me (20 miles) are immigrant workers housed in FEMA trailers, houses still have tarps on them because roofs can't get replaced, etc. from hurricane Charley...

Where was the media for these workers? They didn't give a shit! Mexican immigrant workers don't resound as well as poor black people...

Where were their $2,000 debit cards, national guard, press corps...no where to be found...

Did the immigrant workers loot, shoot at helicopters, grab guns...NO

This N.O. thing is a media driven frenzy...there are SO many other people in need in our country...but black people make for a great polarization for the Democratic party....

The Dems love it, because they can inject race into a polarized country...

The bottom line is that shit happens in this life. Death occurs. It is NOT everybody's right to have the Gov't bail them out when they decide to make bad choices...the people in N.O. have only themselves to blame....

Please let's start taking some responsibility for our actions and stop expecting the gov't to bail everyone out....

Entitlement programs have wrecked our country!

frets5150
09-09-2005, 05:49 PM
[B]I think forced evacuations on private property is illegal. Home ownership is central to the values the US Constititution was founded on.
:mad:

Keeyth
09-09-2005, 06:32 PM

Ah, so you admit you think he'll be impeached before he completes his term?

My calendar shows three years if he were to remain in office under the current term. Do you have some good news we don't know about??:D

Keeyth
09-09-2005, 06:37 PM
You don't become Adolf Hitler by camping out at your private ranch and riding your bicycle for three hours during prime working hours. No, Bush is too inept to become Die Fuer. Bush is a delegator. Hitler was a micro manager who worked his ass off. Hitler was a workaholic who even took methemphetamine. Bush is a spoiled rich kid who likes his ugle ranch and bicycle rides.

It has been documented that Bush has done/does cocaine, so what?

Keeyth
09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

It's not happening dude.

The fact that Bush is in office at all is already proof that the MASSIVE conspiracy is possible, and that that many people HAVE been shut up.:mad:

It's already happened, dude. Where have you been?

Warham
09-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Put that foil beanie back on, Keeyth.

Bush won by four million votes last year. That's why he's in office. Not because of some massive government conspiracy.

DLR'sCock
09-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I have been saying that NO is toast as well.....good bye big easy, i loved you so....

Angel
09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
FORD, stop watching that CTV news! These guys want the "spin", not the truth!

FORD
09-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Angel
FORD, stop watching that CTV news! These guys want the "spin", not the truth!

I don't get CTV down here. Only CBC. They took CTV off the cable back in the 80's.

Keeyth
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Put that foil beanie back on, Keeyth.

Bush won by four million votes last year. That's why he's in office. Not because of some massive government conspiracy.

Oh really? You got any proof of that? I'll believe that when I see the physical paper trail evidence... ...which the Chimp made sure there would be none of so that he could steal this election too.

I think your tin foil beanie is sparking there, Warham. Stop putting pennies in the electric outlets...

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I have been saying that NO is toast as well.....good bye big easy, i loved you so....

Yeah right, have you ever been here ??

New Orleans will be better than ever!

:elvis:

FORD
09-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah right, have you ever been here ??

New Orleans will be better than ever!

When those Halliburton fucks rebuild it as Branson-Vegas II? Yeah right?

Kelly_Clark
09-09-2005, 09:09 PM
The fact is that people all over the Gulf Coast are in need, not just N.O....

I wish someone would stand up and call it for what it was...

I live in Sarasota and just South of me (20 miles) are immigrant workers housed in FEMA trailers, houses still have tarps on them because roofs can't get replaced, etc. from hurricane Charley...

Where was the media for these workers? They didn't give a shit! Mexican immigrant workers don't resound as well as poor black people...

Where were their $2,000 debit cards, national guard, press corps...no where to be found...

Did the immigrant workers loot, shoot at helicopters, grab guns...NO

This N.O. thing is a media driven frenzy...

Exactly!

John Tesh was on CNN last night...but now I don't remember where he was at... with his family helping one of the smaller communities trying to rebuild and pointing out the exact same thing.

Katrina was a terrible thing... but what was worse than the damage Katrina did was the damage the victims did to other victims and to themselves.

One can't help but be saddened by such massive loss and devastation...its a terrible thing. and so much of it could have been handled so much better...

But, ultimately, its about people helping people... and that begins at home. I keep hearing how there are good stories about what happened in New Orleans as well as all the bad ones.... but the one thing that I have seen that proves it is there was a man on tv with one of the reporters and he was holding a baby. You watched him throughout the segment... and then at the end, they asked him if relief was being given...if they were getting food and water etc... he said no. If they were being given food and water, he wouldn't be holding that baby in his arms because it wasn't his. The baby belonged to a woman he didn't even know who had passed out due to exhaustion/dehydration/whatever. And that was all that was said about it. He didn't ask for any special favors for caring for a baby that didn't belong to him... he did it because it needed to be done. And thats what its all about.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 09:12 PM
When those Halliburton fucks rebuild it as Branson-Vegas II? Yeah right?

Gotta do something with those poor crime infested neighborhoods...

Those people are not going to be able to afford to return...

Smokey McPot
09-09-2005, 09:29 PM
All through the 1990's the right wing had hysterical fantasies about that "communist" Bill Clinton confiscating their guns and making them live in a police state.

Facts are that given 40 years of Democrats in control of congress, there was never an attempt to confiscate guns or any police state.

The reports I hear coming out of New Orleans today are truly frightening....

As those BLACKWATER NAZIS, the same thugs responsible for Abu Ghraib are now assigned to patrol the streets of an American city, homeowners who are NOT affected by the flood are being told to leave their homes, AND their guns are being confiscated.

That's right, paranoid right wingers. The evil nazi sons of bitches that you voted for out of paranoia that "Al Gore was going to steal your guns" have done exactly that.

New Orleans is now a Fascist police state in the hands of the same "private contractors" who are destroying America's world wide reputation by their treatment of the Iraqi people.

And it's only the beginning.

These Blackwater pieces of shit are not Americans. If I ever catch one "patrolling" my street, I'll give them an express lane to Hell and won't think twice about doing so.

I said this first!

Told you so

Cathedral
09-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
No. The people Kerry would have put in charge of FEMA, a cabinet post, would have been much more competent.

First of all, I haven't seen or heard anything about people being disarmed that weren't shooting at people or brandishing a weapon while the authorities were trying to talk them out.

Secondly, It IS unconstitutional to force a person from their homes and Mayor Nagin is slowly understanding that he has no right to do so, especially without the Gov. signing off on it.

Thirdly, Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin, both Democrats mind you, refused to give FEMA authority to do their jobs, so the incompetence begins with those two right there...did i mention they are both Democrats?

Fourthly, No soldier can be used as a police officer and they wouldn't be the one's removing people from their homes anyway.

New Orelans is a sewer right now and with each passing day becomes more toxic. that is why they want the people out because the receeding water doesn't mean things ar alright.
As the water dries these bacteria will become airborne in the dirt and dust that is surely going to be kicked up.
But even still, the constitution protects people in their own homes and the only way that will change is if the laws are changed with AFTER the constitution is ammended to do so.

Kerry or Gore would have done better?
In your dreams, as i said before the incompetence began on the state and local level in New Orleans, not in Washington, but FEMA is a joke in my opinion in the first place.

You all forget that the Federal Government has no power until certain things play out. Now if Bush had over stepped his constitutional authority on Monday, we'd all be posting about how he broke the law no matter how many lives would have been saved and the calls for "Impeachment" would have been louder than ever.
He didn't do that and knew that the Gov. Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans were NOT in sync with each other at all.
They didn't follow their evacuation plan at all, in essence, THEY left those hold-outs to die, obstructed the Red Cross and started screaming foul because neither of them were competent to begin with.

Tell me why those fucking school buses never moved?
Tell me that if any one of us were in his position that they wouldn't have?
I know for damn sure, 3 days prior to the storm making landfall a bus would have gone street by street taking those who wanted out but couldn't get out, out.

Those that stayed i would have told, "You are on your own if you stay and help may be days, even weeks to respond here....You still want to stay?"

You all making this such a political stink with cross hairs set on Bush are unfortunately missing the target, again.
You want to grant a pass to the two people responsible for this failure in the first place, but kill the guy who constitutionally had no power until the state and local government failed or were overwhelmed by the situation.

You can't pick and choose when to follow the Constitution you know, or maybe you don't, but you need an education before jumping on any band wagons in this disaster if that is the case.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but dammit, start at the beginning even though that means jumping on your own party members, it is simply the right thing to do.

The system is broken, the whole entire system not just your side or mine, the whole system.

And this fascist police state shit is only a DU members wet dream, get fucking real.
And that is what makes the DU so dangerous because they actually want this stuff to happen just to prove a point.

Fact is, Bush couldn't have done anything right no matter what he did. and it pisses me off that you all make me come off as defending the dumbfuck.
But as a tax paying American of this country I have to point out where i see injustice being done to people based on opinion and/or assumptions.
Every citizen is innocent until proven guilty, and that includes the President also.

Liberal Democrats and even some Conservative Republicans have skewed ideas of what Right's our Constitution actually affords each and every one of us in this country.

We took Clinton to the mat over a fucking blowjob, but of all these fantastic things Bush has supposedly done and you cannot even ruin his day?

Get the fuck outta here!

You don't hold our values as a nation at heart, your just a back biting bitch artist with a loud voice backed by corporations with money and are just as mental as the rest of you.

You scream things like BCE, police state, fascism, Nazi's, all the while you trample on people's Constitutional Right to "Due Process".

If the man is guilty of all the fabulous crimes you accuse him of, why haven't you seen them through to criminal charges??????????

And if he is so skilled at pulling the wool over your eyes, how can anyone think that YOUR leadership can be trusted to see facts in front of your face?

I swear, I don't get it at all.

It is very clear why i don't support Bush anymore, but my descent was based on facts, not what i heard on an Uber Political website full of twisted mouthpieces and conspiracy artists dreams of what they want to be true.

Todays Democrat is nothing short of dangerous to anyone who disagree's with them.

If you want to place blame on someone then start where it started, at the state and local level of Government in Louisiana.
You don't hear a Fed saying people will be removed by force there do ya?
Hell no, you hear a Democrat saying it and he doesn't even have the authority to order such a thing on his own, Constitutionally or otherwise.

Pull your heads out of the clouds, or your ass, whichever is the case, and understand what the rest of sane America understands.

Our government failed on all levels, there is not just one person to blame in all of this.
To persue Bush and Bush alone will fuck you all come election day, mark my words on that.

Seshmeister
09-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

http://www.gohotsprings.com/usa/images/guns/gun5.jpg

That's a pile of crap as usual.

Are you saying that if the Jews in Nazi Germany had guns they would never have been persecuted? They would have beaten the German State? Like they did in Warsaw?

What a fucking crock.

It's getting to the point where your posts are just too dumb to respond to.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Tell me why those fucking school buses never moved?
Tell me that if any one of us were in his position that they wouldn't have?
I know for damn sure, 3 days prior to the storm making landfall a bus would have gone street by street taking those who wanted out but couldn't get out, out.

Your post is Grate Cat, but...

People in this area have been riding these storms out for years, many of them were not about to go anywhere...

As soon as the storm hit, over 90% of all communication was knocked out. Land line phones didn't work, not to mention cell phones...

The Mayor and the Governor were left defenseless to help anyone...

They did plenty wrong and I'm not arguing in their defense, but the truth is the truth...

I at least partly blame the storm...;)

Some good will come out of all of this...

Cathedral
09-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Your post is Grate Cat, but...

People in this area have been riding these storms out for years, many of them were not about to go anywhere...

As soon as the storm hit, over 90% of all communication was knocked out. Land line phones didn't work, not to mention cell phones...

The Mayor and the Governor were left defenseless to help anyone...

They did plenty wrong and I'm not arguing in their defense, but the truth is the truth...

I at least partly blame the storm...;)

Some good will come out of all of this...

I agree, but at least those buses would have been moving and they would have been able to make the choice to stay.
But even you have to agree that if they were told that help may not reach them for days or weeks in the event they need it...I think more would have left initially.

Surviving storms of the past surely created an arrogance among the people, but all people learn sooner or later that luck does run out from time to time.

All that is known of the levee system would have been enough to send me to Ohio to visit the family for awhile.

It's the lack of action by the Mayor and the Governor that just fires me up.
Neither one is competent enough to continue in their positions if you ask me. they lack professionalism and common sense.
Now i don't know what they were actually thinking before this storm hit, but it doesn't appear they were thinking of their people in the capacity they were expected to.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 10:58 PM
They probably thought like alot of people, the storm will come and go and that will be it, like recent storms of the past...

Even if warned of the greatest danger, some people would have chosen to stay...

I got the heck out!

:D

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Cat, how many times have you believed the lies of the Bush Fraudministration, only to admit you were wrong later?

Have you read the factual timeline I posted? This was a FEDERAL fuckup since 3 days before the levee broke. While Junior was running around the country being a chickenshit and hiding from Cindy Sheehan, he left an incompetent horsegroomer in charge of FEMA, and a sleazeball lawyer in charge of him.

FEMA stands for Federal Emergency Management Agency, and these feds failed to manage the emergency. It was FEMA who turned back the Red Cross. It was FEMA who turned away the WalMart trucks with water on them, and it was FEMA who either refused firefighters and EMT's from other states outright, or misused them for propaganda purposes. And it was that idiot horse groomer who didn't even know that thousands of people were in the fucking convention center.

And this isn't even counting the budget cuts which enabled the disaster in the first place.

Read the timeline. Not what the whore media is saying NOW.

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 11:08 PM
The liberal whore media ??

FORD
09-09-2005, 11:12 PM
The liberal whore media ??

There is no such thing. That's the point. These fuckers were so shocked by the BCE's negligence that they were actually being honest for once, last week. I'm guessing when Cheney finally came out of his coffin he made a few phone calls, and now they're back to their typical Pravda selves :(

ELVIS
09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Hmmm...

Seshmeister
09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
The thing about the buses is that 300 buses with 40 people on each is still only 12000 people.

I'm not saying it's not a big issue but it still wouldn't have got everyone out plus a lot of them wouldn't have gone anyway as Elvis said.

Just like how everyone in the second tower on 9-11 sat watching the other tower on fire shit like this happens the first time, it won't happen again I guess.

Cathedral
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Cat, how many times have you believed the lies of the Bush Fraudministration, only to admit you were wrong later?

Have you read the factual timeline I posted? This was a FEDERAL fuckup since 3 days before the levee broke. While Junior was running around the country being a chickenshit and hiding from Cindy Sheehan, he left an incompetent horsegroomer in charge of FEMA, and a sleazeball lawyer in charge of him.

FEMA stands for Federal Emergency Management Agency, and these feds failed to manage the emergency. It was FEMA who turned back the Red Cross. It was FEMA who turned away the WalMart trucks with water on them, and it was FEMA who either refused firefighters and EMT's from other states outright, or misused them for propaganda purposes. And it was that idiot horse groomer who didn't even know that thousands of people were in the fucking convention center.

And this isn't even counting the budget cuts which enabled the disaster in the first place.

Read the timeline. Not what the whore media is saying NOW.

I hear ya, bro...But this time around i am not buying into any sides bullshit. I'm just calling it like i saw it.
So please don't post down to me as though i'm drinking Kool Aid again, lmmfao.

Bush didn't have any power 3 days before the storm hit though, the Constitution is very clear on the balance of power in things like this.

I concede however that Bush could have taken over and done what needed to be done, but stepping on the State and Local Governments toes is a No-No, Constitutionally speaking.

He still should have done that anyway, but hindsight is always 20/20.

This isn't a case where i'll be retracting anything though, because my point of view was formed by the one's who did have the power to react, but didn't.
All of them spineless opportunist politicians are to blame, from the Louisiana City Council right up to the Oval Office.

I don't have a side in this really, I just don't care for the way Bush haters are using it to promote a political agenda.

There is time for this talk later, after things are settled down and people are out of danger.

The only thing i have even payed attention too from the Administration was today when they sent Brownie packing and put a real crisis management professional on the job.

By the way, I love General Honore, lol...The dude has a bitchin' attitude and he GOT SHIT DONE!.

rucalobe
09-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Poor Republicans, they can't properly handle the Katrina recovery efforts. They had to call back the emergency management experts from the Clinton administration to make this thing work.

For all of you swing voters:

Look at the facts:

1- Under Republican "leadership" (GWB), the Nation has suffered two (2) massive national catastrophes that have caused significant loss of life and property. Both events could've been prevented. However, Mr. Bush has been too busy vacationing and doesn't have the brains to understand the details and thus refuses to do his best to protect the Nation and its citizens.

2- Under Bush/Cheney, the United States is poorer, less secured, and is hated all over the globe.

I could go on forever but the point is: remember all the pain and suffering caused by the incompetence of Republicans during the last five years.

Remember the pain and sorrow because you have the power to change things.

How can we change things?

For starters, make Republicans pay for their lack of leadership by voting them out of office during next year's Congressional elections.

AND

Register early and take the Republican trash out of the White House during the November 2008's Presidential election.

Remember: The Nation is in survival mode and all of those things that are causing it harm (such as the ruling Republican Party), like a cancer, need to be removed without hesitation.

Cathedral
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Question: How can FEMA have turned away all this help when they were never officially given any authority by the Governor?

That just doesn't jive...

Besides, it was the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security that turned away the Red Cross, not FEMA.

That wasn't printed in any pretty articles, that came from the sources mouth's.

Let's do the math here...

Nagin says repeatedly, "We want those people out of the Superdome so no assitance will be allowed in".
He is shortly after that screaming about where the help is?
That still doesn't make any sense to me, so something is fishy and I have some questions I'd like to put to Mayor Nagin myself.

The Red Cross says, "We were ready, but were not allowed in"
And they claim it was the Department of Homeland Security IN Louisiana that refused them passage.

Nagin said it was the Department of Homeland Security that made that call too, and he then went on, after he was calm, and explained that they didn't want people coming to the Superdome so they withheld the Red Cross to prevent that from happening.

Problem is, people that desperately needed help DID NOT GET IT!

My view point doesn't have a fucking thing to do with liberal or conservative media spin...
And the number of directions this has spawned off on politically is confusing to say the least.
Republicans follow the chain of failures while Democrats march straight to the top after Bush's head when there were plenty more key people at fault below his level.

Get them all, but once it started looking like another witch hunt focusing on Bush being the big bad culprit in it all....as it was said before...That dog won't hunt.

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by rucalobe
Poor Republicans, they can't properly handle the Katrina recovery efforts. They had to call back the emergency management experts from the Clinton administration to make this thing work.

For all of you swing voters:

Look at the facts:

1- Under Republican "leadership" (GWB), the Nation has suffered two (2) massive national catastrophes that have caused significant loss of life and property. Both events could've been prevented. However, Mr. Bush has been too busy vacationing and doesn't have the brains to understand the details and thus refuses to do his best to protect the Nation and its citizens.

bullshit. no-one can predict the actions of fundamental fuckwit dickheads,
as proved in ny, bali, madrid, and london.
and read phil's posts about the 'phantom wind machines'. puhleeze!!!

2- Under Bush/Cheney, the United States is poorer, less secured, and is hated all over the globe.

not by this fuckin australian, but the tree huggin fuckin liberal (small l) idiots, who hate capitalism,
but love free shit (i.e. welfare) probably do.

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Question: How can FEMA have turned away all this help when they were never officially given any authority by the Governor?

That just doesn't jive...

Besides, it was the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security that turned away the Red Cross, not FEMA.

That wasn't printed in any pretty articles, that came from the sources mouth's.

Let's do the math here...

Nagin says repeatedly, "We want those people out of the Superdome so no assitance will be allowed in".
He is shortly after that screaming about where the help is?
That still doesn't make any sense to me, so something is fishy and I have some questions I'd like to put to Mayor Nagin myself.

The Red Cross says, "We were ready, but were not allowed in"
And they claim it was the Department of Homeland Security IN Louisiana that refused them passage.

Nagin said it was the Department of Homeland Security that made that call too, and he then went on, after he was calm, and explained that they didn't want people coming to the Superdome so they withheld the Red Cross to prevent that from happening.

Problem is, people that desperately needed help DID NOT GET IT!

Get them all, but once it started looking like another witch hunt focusing on Bush being the big bad culprit in it all....as it was said before...That dog won't hunt.

bingo. that nagin tool is ineptitude personified.

FORD
09-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Getting off the Rove spin bullshit and back to the original topic of this thread, I'd like to know why none of our right wing, gun loving friends have any opinions on THE **REPUBLICAN** GOVERNMENT CONFISCATING WEAPONS FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS.

If Bill Clinton did something like this in the state of Oklahoma after Timmy McVeigh's little temper tantrum, we would have never heard the end of it.

Where's the NRA?? Where's Charlton Heston screaming about his cold dead hands??.

As I've said several times now, New Orleans is the great petri dish of fascism. This is the test case for the future of the fascist police state in America. And so far, you Busheep are playing right into it.

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 01:56 AM
back to the original topic of this thread, I'd like to know why none of our right wing, gun loving friends have any opinions on THE **REPUBLICAN** GOVERNMENT CONFISCATING WEAPONS FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS.

As I've said several times now, New Orleans is the great petri dish of fascism. This is the test case for the future of the fascist police state in America. And so far, you Busheep are playing right into it.

sorry, ford, my bad for going off topic.
in my defense, i reckon i know a shitload more about your
politics than you do about mine. google 'martin bryant'.

and yes, new orleans is a petri dish,
but not of fascism. it's a stinky horrible soup
of the once living.

that's tragic.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 01:57 AM
First, they'll take the guns.

Then, they'll take the land. [ pennies on the dollar ]

Then, they'll take the votes.

You know things are FUBAR when Wal-Mart looks like the good guys down there.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia

and yes, new orleans is a petri dish,
but not of fascism. it's a stinky horrible soup
of the once living.

God knows I'm no engineer or biologist......

But WHY the FUCK are they pumping that petri dish back into the Lake????

[ off topic, I know, but WTF ]

My Bush "shit detector" [ pun intended] is going off the scale.

I can't help but think EVERYTHING comes down to money and Electoral College with these Cons.....:mad:

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
God knows I'm no engineer or biologist......

But WHY the FUCK are they pumping that petri dish back into the Lake????

i'm fuckin with ya lounge,

but what else could you possibly do with it?
pump it back into the sea? that's about your options.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States’’

— Noah Webster, 1888

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States’’

— Noah Webster, 1888

but you still ended up with the 'right to bear arms'.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:14 AM
i'm fuckin with ya lounge,

but what else could you possibly do with it?
pump it back into the sea? that's about your options.

Given those 2 options, then YES

Diluted into a few trillion gallons as opposed to a few million?

Stands to reason.

Where's George Costanza when ya need 'im?

He's a Marine Biologist :cool:

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:17 AM
What I find very amusing in this thread is this: Ford is ALWAYS jacking off about how Bush is a "jackbooted Nazi fascist etc"...Yet in this instance he is calling Bush to task for NOT being a jack booted fascist in time, rolling over the constitution and the balance of power....C,mon pal, I love to listen to your wacky timelines and predictions, but pick a path and be consistent at least...

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:17 AM
but you still ended up with the 'right to bear arms'.

Therein lies the rub.

I'm a pacifist.

I'm PRO gun control.

But I'm highly suspicious when well known "gun nuts" suddenly want to disarm people.

Like I said, my shit-detector is in the red.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
, I love to listen to your wacky timeline

Nothing "wacky" about FORD's timeline on the FEMA FUCKUP

Put down your copy of My Pet Goat long enough to see the CHIMP once again was AWOL :rolleyes:

C'mon, BT

Even the Cons in here agree FEMA was FEEBLE

Where does the buck stop, again???

FORD
09-10-2005, 02:22 AM
What I find very amusing in this thread is this: Ford is ALWAYS jacking off about how Bush is a "jackbooted Nazi fascist etc"...Yet in this instance he is calling Bush to task for NOT being a jack booted fascist in time, rolling over the constitution and the balance of power....C,mon pal, I love to listen to your wacky timelines and predictions, but pick a path and be consistent at least...

Wanna translate that into English? I'm not sure what you're complaining about, exactly?

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I know you wouldn't be able to see that. Bush had to wait until the southern numbnuts got their thumbs out of their asses to get the proper authority to send in FEMA and all the other shit. If Bush just said "fuck you, we are going in now", like you seem to feel he should have done, that would be grounds for santions or straight impeachment. You actually WANTED him to act like a facist Nazi and "seize control" ...

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Where's George Costanza when ya need 'im?
He's a Marine Biologist :cool:

the sea was angry that day, my friends.

:D

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Nothing "wacky" about FORD's timeline on the FEMA FUCKUP

Put down your copy of My Pet Goat long enough to see the CHIMP once again was AWOL :rolleyes:

C'mon, BT

Even the Cons in here agree FEMA was FEEBLE

Where does the buck stop, again???

Sorry, your article is this month's issue on your road travels to gloryholes was fascinating...:rolleyes:

I NEVER said there wasn't plenty of blame to go around at the federal level, but if you want to know where the buck stops, it is at the local level, with a retard mayor and governor. That is the bottom line, those people are there DIRECT responsibility every day of the week. The buses didn't roll, they made bad choices regarding aid and they generally fucked up all proper planning which was in place in writing. You want to dig to find the truth, start there.

FORD
09-10-2005, 02:34 AM
I know you wouldn't be able to see that. Bush had to wait until the southern numbnuts got their thumbs out of their asses to get the proper authority to send in FEMA and all the other shit. If Bush just said "fuck you, we are going in now", like you seem to feel he should have done, that would be grounds for santions or straight impeachment. You actually WANTED him to act like a facist Nazi and "seize control" ...

Junior was authorized to send in FEMA on August 26th. That's Friday. The levee didn't break until the following Monday. The governor alerted Chimpy, based on predictions at the time that the hurricane itself was going to decimate New Orleans. It would have been very easy for FEMA to spend the weekend mobilizing. Hell, they could have backed the levee up with sandbags or something. Concrete barriers or whatever. They had three days before, and yet it took them until 6 days after. 9 days for a response?? We had people in goddamned Indonesia before that and that was during the Christmas holiday season, for fucks sake!!

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Sorry, your article is this month's issue on your road travels to gloryholes was fascinating...:rolleyes:

It must suck to strive for humor, yet fall so short. ;)

Look, Bro, I agree there were mistakes locally.

But if you're trying to DEFEND Bush [golfing, birthday cake, guitar] Cherthoff, or Brownie in all of this you're fucking nuts.

"nobody could have forseen the breech of the levees" ?????????????

The Chimp is a dolt.
His regime corrupt.

You're much brighter than that.

:cool:

FORD
09-10-2005, 02:39 AM
And just in case anybody thought I was pulling the original topic of this thread completely out of my ass, here it is, from "the paper of record"......

NY Times
September 9, 2005
Police Begin Seizing Guns of Civilians
By ALEX BERENSON and JOHN M. BRODER

NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here, as President Bush steeled the nation for the grisly scenes of recovering the dead that will unfold in coming days.

Police officers and federal law enforcement agents scoured the city carrying assault rifles seeking residents who have holed up to avoid forcible eviction, as well as those who are still considering evacuating voluntarily to escape the city's putrid waters.

"Individuals are at risk of dying," said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of the New Orleans police. "There's nothing more important than the preservation of human life."

Although it appeared Wednesday night that forced evacuations were beginning, on Thursday the authorities were still looking for those willing to leave voluntarily. The police said that the search was about 80 percent done, and that afterward they would begin enforcing Mayor C. Ray Nagin's order to remove residents by force.

Mr. Bush, in Washington, urged the nearly one million people displaced by the storm to contact federal agencies to apply for immediate aid. He praised the outpouring of private charity to the displaced, but said the costs of restoring lives would affect all Americans, as would the horror of the storm's carnage.

"The responsibility of caring for hundreds of thousands of citizens who no longer have homes is going to place many demands on our nation," the president said in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. "We have many difficult days ahead, especially as we recover those who did not survive the storm."

As Mr. Bush spoke, Vice President Dick Cheney was touring Mississippi and Louisiana, in part as an answer to the critics who have said that the administration responded too slowly and timidly to the epic disaster. At a stop in Gulfport, Miss., a heckler shouted an obscenity at the vice president. Mr. Cheney shrugged it off, saying it was the first such abuse he had heard.

Also on Thursday, Congress approved a $51.8 billion package of storm aid, bringing the total to more than $62 billion in a week. The government is now spending $2 billion dollars a day to respond to the disaster.

The confirmed death toll in Louisiana remained at 83 on Thursday. Efforts to recover corpses are beginning, although only a handful of bodies have been recovered so far. Official estimates of the death toll in New Orleans are still vague, but 10,000 remains a common figure.

Mississippi officials said they had confirmed 196 dead as of Thursday, including 143 in coastal areas, although Gov. Haley Barbour said he expected the toll to rise.

"It would just be a guess, but the 200 or just over 300 we think is a credible and reliable figure," the governor said on NBC's "Today" show.

He also said electricity would be restored by Sunday to most homes and businesses in the state that could receive it.

No one would venture a prediction about when the lights would come back on in New Orleans.

The water continued to recede slowly in the city 10 days after Hurricane Katrina swept ashore and levees failed at several points, inundating the basin New Orleans sits in.

The Army Corps of Engineers has restored to operation 37 of the city's 174 permanent pumps, allowing them to drain 11,000 cubic feet of water per second from the basin. When all the pumps are working, they can remove 81,000 cubic feet of water per second, said Dan Hitchings of the engineering corps.

It will be months before the breadth of the devastation from the storm is known. But a report by the Louisiana fisheries department calculated the economic loss to the state's important seafood industry at as much as $1.6 billion over the next 12 months.

Louisiana's insurance commissioner, J. Robert Wooley, said the state had barred insurance companies from canceling any homeowner's insurance policies in the days immediately before the storm hit and afterward.

"All cancellations will be voided," Mr. Wooley said.

Across New Orleans, active-duty soldiers, National Guard members and local law enforcement agencies from across the country continued door-to-door searches by patrol car, Humvee, helicopter and boat, urging remaining residents to leave.

Maj. Gen. James Ron Mason of the Kansas National Guard, who commands about 25,000 Guard troops in and around New Orleans, said his forces had rescued 687 residents by helicopter, boat and high-wheeled truck in the past 24 hours.

General Mason said Guard troops, although carrying M-16 rifles, would not use force to evict recalcitrant citizens. That, he said, was a job for the police, not members of the Guard.

"I don't believe that you will see National Guard soldiers actually physically forcing people to leave," General Mason said.

Mr. Compass, the police superintendent, said that after a week of near anarchy in the city, no civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns, or other firearms of any kind. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

That order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16s and other assault rifles.

Mr. Compass said that he was aware of the private guards but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.

New Orleans has turned into an armed camp, patrolled by thousands of local, state, and federal law enforcement officers, as well as National Guard troops and active-duty soldiers. While armed looters roamed unchecked last week, the city is now calm.

The city's slow recovery is continuing on other fronts as well, local officials said at a late morning news conference. Pumping stations are now operating across much of the city, and many taps and fire hydrants have water pressure. Tests have shown no evidence of cholera or other dangerous diseases in flooded areas.

With pumps running and the weather here remaining hot and dry, water has visibly receded across much of the city. Formerly flooded streets are now passable, although covered with leaves, tree branches and mud.

Still, many neighborhoods in the northern half of New Orleans remain under 10 feet of water, and Mr. Compass said Thursday that the city's plans for a forced evacuation remained in effect because of the danger of disease and fires.

Mr. Compass said he could not disclose when residents might be forced to leave en masse. The city's police department and federal law enforcement officers from agencies like United States Marshals Service will lead the evacuation, he said. Officers will search houses in both dry and flooded neighborhoods, and no one will be allowed to stay, he said.

Many of the residents still in the city said they did not understand why the city remained intent on forcing them out.

Alex Berensonreported from New Orleans for this article, and John M. Broder from Baton Rouge, La. Reporting was contributed by Sewell Chan from New Orleans, Jeremy Alford and Shaila Dewan from Baton Rouge and Ralph Blumenthal from Houston.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 02:41 AM
READ BROWNIE'S OWN MEMO TO CHERTHOFF FOR CHRIST'S FUCKING SAKE!!!!!!

He gave FEMA "workers" 2 FUCKING DAYS TO GET THERE!!!!!!! [ so much for pre-planning, as they needed "training" ]

BTW, whre IS Brownie, BT ???

Oh yeah, relieved of duties.

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:48 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26799

Why is Cock's .pdf dated the 28th then?

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:53 AM
It must suck to strive for humor, yet fall so short. ;)

Look, Bro, I agree there were mistakes locally.

But if you're trying to DEFEND Bush [golfing, birthday cake, guitar] Cherthoff, or Brownie in all of this you're fucking nuts.

"nobody could have forseen the breech of the levees" ?????????????

The Chimp is a dolt.
His regime corrupt.

You're much brighter than that.

:cool:

Yet it so easy to be a douche who can't take an insult, yet wants to dish them out all day long.

Who the fuck said I was defending anyone? All I have said from the very start (I really don't know why you think I'm such a Bush loyalist...I'm a republican, but I do think for myself, thank you), is that if you want to get to the bottom of it, you need to start with the people who were in charge from the get go. Regardless of who comes to save who later on, they fucked up their own plans to save themselves.

From what I gather FEMA was a fucked up agency, that really never saw any real action like this. But in a time of crisis, I believe you need to start at the beginning and those fucking buses not rolling in unacceptable and criminal.

FORD
09-10-2005, 02:54 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26799

Why is Cock's .pdf dated the 28th then?

Good question. Actually, I was going by the BCE's own dates...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html

I guess the Chimp could have back dated his order, but since that just makes him and FEMA look worse, I'm not sure why.

Big Train
09-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Yea, I"M ABSOLUTELY SURE they want to look worse Ford....c,mon please...

It is now down to "They are trying to make themselves look worse" to cover holes in this theory?

FORD
09-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Yea, I"M ABSOLUTELY SURE they want to look worse Ford....c,mon please...

It is now down to "They are trying to make themselves look worse" to cover holes in this theory?

I didn't say that's what they did. Geezus. It's also just as likely that the Governor sent an ammended request to the White House, after the actual damage. That doesn't change the fact that the intial request was made on the 26th, and that despite this amount of time, FEMA failed to act until 6 days after the failure of the levee.

Nitro Express
09-10-2005, 03:26 AM
The problem with New Orleans is not having people interested in living there again. It's the long-term contamination. I could see the French Quarter and Garden District comming back since those weren't flooded and they are key historical nieghborhoods.

I don't think New Orleans will be a ghost town either. I think what you will have is a smaller and hopefully better city. Hopefully, the welfare rats won't return and what will be the result of all of this is a city with less crime that is industriouse instead of just a party town full of a bunch of deadbeats robbing and killing each other.

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Geezus.

Thou shouldst not take Thy Alias in vain.

FORD
09-10-2005, 03:58 AM
Verily...

astroboy
09-10-2005, 04:41 AM
GuitarShark: "While I was obviously kidding about the prozac, I also haven't seen any proof of the things you are alleging."

What kind of proof are u talking about? I saw this happen on Finnish television on several channels (public and commercial) yesterday evening in the news, people being forced out of their houses at gunpoint, handcuffed with those white plastic thingies.

DLR'sCock
09-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by astroboy
GuitarShark: "While I was obviously kidding about the prozac, I also haven't seen any proof of the things you are alleging."

What kind of proof are u talking about? I saw this happen on Finnish television on several channels (public and commercial) yesterday evening in the news, people being forced out of their houses at gunpoint, handcuffed with those white plastic thingies.

I saw that today on CNN here in New Jersey!!!

ashstralia
09-10-2005, 08:00 AM
usually, people with the 'plastic thingies' have been arrested for a reason.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Yet it so easy to be a douche who can't take an insult, yet wants to dish them out all day long.

I CAN TAKE 'EM JUST FINE, BUT "GLORYHOLE" IS SO JESTERSTAR. I EXPECT BETTER INSULTS FROM YOU.

Regardless of who comes to save who later on, they fucked up their own plans to save themselves.

AGREED

From what I gather FEMA was a fucked up agency,

NOT UNTIL THE CHIMP FOLDED IT INTO DOHS AND APPOINTED UNQUALIFIED HORSE GROOMING CRONIES TO RUN IT.

those fucking buses not rolling in unacceptable and criminal.

AGREED

LoungeMachine
09-10-2005, 09:26 AM
usually, people with the 'plastic thingies' have been arrested for a reason.

You're thinking of Pre-Patriot Act America, my friend.

Now anything goes