PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite VH/DLR albums in order?

WARF
09-09-2005, 05:58 PM
This has been done 30 millon times... so anyways...

1- Fair Warning
2- VH II
3- Diver Down
4- 1984
5- Eat Us And Smile
6- Van Halen I
7- DLR Band
8- Women And Children First
9- Your Filthy Little Mouth
10- Skyscraper
11- A Little Ain't Enough
12- Crazy From The Heat
13- Diamond Dave

atomicpunk88
09-11-2005, 02:39 AM
1. Fair Warning
2. 1984
3. Van halen
4.Van Halen 2
5.Women And Children First
6.Diver Down

UGS
09-11-2005, 09:01 AM
FW
WACF
VHI
VHII
DD

zeronumber
09-12-2005, 03:45 AM
1- Fair Warning - Best fucking DLR/CVH ever...undisputed. If you do not think that this is the greatest compilation of compositions known to man...I...WILL....FIGHT...YOU!!!
Fav Song: Mean streets

2- Van Halen I - Origin of VH, awesome record.
Fav Track: Jamies Cryin

3- DLR band - The Fair warning of DAve's solo, my personal fave.
This record simply kicks your moma's ass. It kicked Marching to mars ass, It kick Red vodoo's ass, it kicked VH3's ass.
Fav Song : Counter Blast

4- Van Halen II - Another awesome record...my only beef is that it's kind of short.
Fav song: Dance the Night Away.

5- Sky Scraper: My second fave DLR record. It's hard rocking, at the same time, poped filled. You can disect this cd, and rock your ass off with a bunch of your drunk ass budies in the garage, or, You can listen to the pop tracks, while you're lounging in a beach chair, holding a umbrella drink, while toasting your girlfriend.
Fav Song: Stand up.

6- Eat 'em and Smile: Another good DLR release, hard rocking...but nothing as great as skyscraper, but great none the less.
Fav song: Yankee Rose

7- 1984: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. This record has it's fair share of fillers, but also showcases some of vh's most memorable work. It's legacy lives on as the last CVH cd, so that's worth something.
Fav song: Drop Dead Legs.

8- A little Aint Enough: This is a good cd, with much better guitar work than sky scraper and EEAS, But, this is another cd that I found a bit dissapointing. This had the energy of DLR band, just not the clear amount of focus, and ass kicking mentality.
Fav Song: A little ain't enough

9- Women and Children First: Good albulm, but I can't deny that there are a few skip worthy tracks
fav track: ...And the cradle will rock

10- Diver Down: Meh...It's a good cvh albulm, but, way too many covers.
Fav Song: Happy Trails.

11-Your Filthy Little Mouth: I guess this is an aquired taste of dlr albulms. IMO, this albulm blows chunks, however, it has a few good songs.(big emphasis on "few"). I have no particular favorites for this cd.

12-Diamond Dave: This albulm sucks. The only reason why it out ranks CFTH was because it has a few good songs(Originals out of mostly covers)
Fav song: Sho Bop

13-CFTH- It's only 4 songs, and it's all covers. I don't think it's fair to rank it any higher, espesially with other albulms that have original material. It's good, but I honeslty can't rank it above any other dlr or cvh release.

Big Troubles
09-12-2005, 10:11 AM
"10- Diver Down: Meh...It's a good cvh albulm, but, way too many covers.
Fav Song: Happy Trails."

and yet you pick a cover tune?

"12-Diamond Dave: This albulm sucks. The only reason why it out ranks CFTH was because it has a few good songs(Originals out of mostly covers)
Fav song: Sho Bop"

again? you like the covers. I know you do. :D

zeronumber
09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
"10- Diver Down: Meh...It's a good cvh albulm, but, way too many covers.
Fav Song: Happy Trails."

and yet you pick a cover tune?

"12-Diamond Dave: This albulm sucks. The only reason why it out ranks CFTH was because it has a few good songs(Originals out of mostly covers)
Fav song: Sho Bop"

again? you like the covers. I know you do. :D

Well, the whole thing was about being as objective in my choices as much as possible, While lists are subjective, I have my reasonings for my choices, I didn't go too much on a tangent though mostly because I wanted to keep my points short and sweet.

As for the issue with covers,
I don't hate covers, yet I don't particularly like them either.
I feel that making covers is a way of passing off the effort for a filler track but present it as a single. Done right, it's enjoyable, like for example "Blinded by the light" cover, was better than the original, as thought of by many. Done wrong you get something like "Bringing on the heartbreak" by mariah scarey...er....I mean carey.

anyway, long story short, I feel its sort of unfair to put material that is covered over original material, espesially on albulms that are have original material thats better than the covered.

As for Diver down, it's a good albulm, but let's face it, it was mostly covers, and the original stuff (while good) wasn't as great as some of the covers that they put on it.

As for diamond dave...The albulm sucks, plain and simple, theirs only 2 worth while songs on that entire abulm with sho bop and thug pop. The rest is utter crap. Dave butchered the rest of the songs he covered(and his choice of covers sucked as well). And to tell the truth, I like dave's cover better than the original steve miller version.

While it's still crap, and one could say that all the covers in crazy from the heat were enjoyable, and albulm wise, you could vote it higher...but still, the fact that dave put in effort for original material(though few of it) to make diamond dave, it should get that rank, that was just that much higher.

Again it's all about being objective.
I actually liked Garage inc by Metallica, somewhat more than fuel, master of puppets, and so on...but, I'd still put those albulms higher.
Get where I'm comming from?

Dirty Duck
09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Van Halen (1984) ..the first album I ever heard from them. I was 10 years old and It changed my life forever...best quote? "You gotta roll with the punches to get to what's real." Girl Gone Bad is without a doubt the best and most underrated song on that album.

Van Halen II..this album get's a lot of play in my Chevy and apartment. Light up the Sky is one hell of a song "...ooh mama see the firelight..." Outta Love Again...the BEST Dave vocals in my book. His classic scream kills me in this one. Dance the night away....any girl that I want to get into Old VH (I like the young ones) I play them this song. They are always like:" Oh my god..like..i love this song! This is VH?" Classic VH Baby...

Van Halen I...Running with the Devil is classic..period! Eruption...still gives me chills. Atomic Punk...nobody rules these streets at night but me...stellar! Fuck..i love it ALL!!!!!!!!

Fair Warning...when I was younger I used to always wish the intro was longer. Love that song! Unchained...what a song! Eddies guitar..dave's vocals...wow. Sinner's Swing...Hear about it later...Shall I say more.??

Woman and Children first....Everybody wants some!! Say's it all....the album is one of my faves. Fools...romeo delight (one hard rocker!) and Simple Rhyme...i love dav's vocals at the break..."she makes the mountains sing..words against an icy sky...Stellar! Have you seen juniors grades?

Diver Down....my favorite songs: Full bug...Hang Em' high..Little guitars
Good album but It always seemed rushed to me..

I love em all people....that's why I'm here!!! Quack Quack!

Dirty Duck
09-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Error..for Fair warning i MEANT the INTRO for Mean Street

bigc
09-20-2005, 07:21 AM
WARF...how comes the lil' respect for ALAE?

jero
09-20-2005, 07:37 AM
FW
VH2
ALAE
Skyscraper
WACF
EAS
VH1
DLR BAND
Diver down
YFLM