PDA

View Full Version : Tin Cup (LISTEN TO IT HERE!)

WARF
09-09-2005, 06:26 PM
David Lee Roth's Tin Cup!

It was recorded around 2003 I believe.... should have been on Diamond Dave.

Click Here! (http://www.dlrband.net/audio/WRIF-TIN%20CUP.mp3)

Jérôme Frenchise
09-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Thank you!

Sounds great, very direct. Must be a rehearsal. There are a couple of gals on backing vocals.
Very classic ballad, but so much Diamond in it... Super!:)

WARF
09-09-2005, 06:40 PM
It's pretty good song... not my favorite.... but better than anything from the Diamond Dave album which sucks ass.

ThrillsNSpills
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks Warf

sounds good

mattiew23m
09-09-2005, 07:00 PM
it wasen't a rehersal.. It was when dave toured around to different radio stations right before the sam and dave tour :) I got a couple different versions of it..

mattiew23m
09-09-2005, 07:01 PM
no gals on back vocals lol that's his band rotfl

Jérôme Frenchise
09-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
it wasen't a rehersal.. It was when dave toured around to different radio stations right before the sam and dave tour :) I got a couple different versions of it..

no gals on back vocals lol that's his band rotfl

OK, OK, no more beer for me tonight, all right, all right...:D

Roth Renegade
09-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I HAVE THIS SONG IN MY CAR CD, AND I DRIVE AROUND AND BLAST IT IN MY 67' CORVETTE STINGRAY, SO THE WORLD WILL KNOW WHO THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 03:45 PM
With one song, Roth proves for the 1000th time that he is bettah than Sambo...Sambo is such a Buffett wanna be...an' Roth struts in and just makes this toon hiz own...cheers to the man,our fearless leader...Yez. Yez. Yez!

bigc
09-10-2005, 06:57 PM
tin cup?

is this the cup eddie referred to?hehe

HuckFinn
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I assume everyone knows that "Tin Cup Chalice" is song written and performed by Jimmy Buffett?

WARF
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by HuckFinn
I assume everyone knows that "Tin Cup Chalice" is song written and performed by Jimmy Buffett?

It's one thing to cover Jimmy Buffet...

It's another thing to steal his persona...

BenJammin
09-11-2005, 09:34 PM
A very good song to showcase Dave's range and phrasing.

VonHalen
09-12-2005, 07:02 PM
have it already, but thanks for posting

diamondsgirl
10-20-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not real crazy about this tune in general, but Dave sounds mint, IMO.

Nigel
10-21-2005, 05:42 PM
You people have to be KIDDING! Does this really beat anything on any CVH album?

I'm a HUGE fan, but c'mon not even close to Don't Piss Me Off, Goin Places etc etc. Hell, most of Diamond Dave is better than this drivel. Even if you crank it up, how can a song called Tin Cup sound like anything you'd ever want to hear again?

The best part is when he says "C'mon Ray count it off"

Kilkmaru
10-23-2005, 10:53 PM

Marlowe01
06-14-2009, 05:38 PM
David Lee Roth's Tin Cup!

It was recorded around 2003 I believe.... should have been on Diamond Dave.

Click Here! (http://www.dlrband.net/audio/WRIF-TIN%20CUP.mp3)

Could you e-mail me that "Tin Cup Chalice" cover? Back in high school I found it on here and am dying to here. Seems like all of the upload links to it are dead, especially davidleeroth free music download roth at dlrband.net

FORD
06-14-2009, 08:42 PM
If Van Halen does a cover song on their 7th album, this might be a good choice.

And they could work it into an acoustic set on the tour, along with "Could This Be Magic", "Take Your Whiskey Home" and "Going Places" from the DLR Band album.

thome
06-14-2009, 09:55 PM
If Van Halen does a cover song on their 7th album, this might be a good choice.

And they could work it into an acoustic set on the tour, along with "Could This Be Magic", "Take Your Whiskey Home" and "Going Places" from the DLR Band album.

Who thinks a DLR Solo tune is a good choice for, what we may have; a tour with Dave, Ed, Al and Wolf..?

I see nothing wrong with it, Dave can promote himself and it is acceptable behavior. In my mind, lots of bands are groups of other bands and honor the players individual history within the new band perhaps live only.

I wouldn't want Ed and Dave and VH to redux...-Hina- for example, and put it on a new CD ....or maybe I would...could be a excellent idea ...? hmmm..???

Paul Rogers sings a couple Bad Co tunes and he is the lead singer of Queen as of recent,(semi recent) due to Freddies passing.

Paul wasn't even in Queen before , so it is a little different than Dave singing back with his first original band, the mighty Van Halen.

Ed has only played within his own personal musical boundries (like a sole prorietorship business aproach and that is very cool control wise) he has played on a Michael Jackson tune and that is about it.

What I am leading up to is.... could Ed request Dave sing "Beat It".

A solo / compilation tune of Ed's, if Dave can be given the ability to bring his solo work into Ed's band..?

I know he wouldn't, I have just stated a few "poderables".

Ed would never ask that and MJ wouldn't let it happen..I'm just say'n.

I really don't believe there is as much backbiting within the band as we all discuss around here, but a DLR tune could open the doors of Dave singing Sam tunes ...I just don't think Dave should do his Solo with Van Halen.

But, can you imaging how great Ed's treatment of some of Dave's solo would be..?

Or Daves treatment of -Rings VH- music..?

That's Beautifull Baby..

fwacf
06-15-2009, 07:01 AM
It's one thing to cover Jimmy Buffet...

It's another thing to steal his persona...

And my I add know the difference between a BUFFET and Jimmy Buffett? LOL LMFAO!