PDA

View Full Version : I just saw Megadeth & Dream Theater

UGS
09-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Saw them last week in TO. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat show. Megadeth is quite possibly the best live band I've ever seen. They played amazing, extrememly tight. The new guitar player nailed all of Marty and Poland's solos. Mustaine was dead on too. . .his sense of rhythm is retarded, and he manages to sing over all that crazy shit too. Unreal.

The highlight: Wake up Dead. . .Hangar 18 was crazy-good too.

Pissed circles around Metallica live.

Dream Theater was awesome too.

I'd highly reccomend both bands.

Soul Reaper
09-10-2005, 08:08 AM
sounds cool....unfortunately, i don't think the UK get these two playing together....if they were they wouldn't come near Huddersfield, would they?!

PHOENIX
09-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by UGS
Saw them last week in TO. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat show. Megadeth is quite possibly the best live band I've ever seen. They played amazing, extrememly tight. The new guitar player nailed all of Marty and Poland's solos. Mustaine was dead on too. . .his sense of rhythm is retarded, and he manages to sing over all that crazy shit too. Unreal.

Dream Theater was awesome too.

I'd highly reccomend both bands.

Why would a Maritimer go all the way to T.O. to see Megadeth?

You could have come seen them in Montreal. Much better city if you ask me. :D

UGS
09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Why would a Maritimer go all the way to T.O. to see Megadeth?

You could have come seen them in Montreal. Much better city if you ask me. :D

Hahah, for sure. . .Toronto is one of my least favourite cities, I just happened to already be there visiting people. Montreal is indeed a gorgeous town.

Dave's Bitch
09-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by UGS

My thoughts exactly when i saw them.they are the best band i've ever seen ;ive without a doubt

nosuchluck
09-11-2005, 02:06 PM
would've loved to have watched both these bands in 1992/93...

Mr Grimsdale
09-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
sounds cool....unfortunately, i don't think the UK get these two playing together....if they were they wouldn't come near Huddersfield, would they?!

I saw Megadeth in London back in February and am seeing Dream Theater next month also in London.

So they're sort of together... ish.

VonHalen
09-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Megadeth! Great Band!

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 04:21 PM
My buddy paul caught the show at Jones Beach Theater on L.I. Said it was really good but there was a problem with the sound so the vocals were all screwed up at times. Other then that and the fact that Dave was the only orginal member he said it was a good show.