PDA

View Full Version : You're No Good

Unchainme
09-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, I never knew this was a Linda Ronstadt song, WOW!, They took a lame song and MADE IT KICK SERIOUS ASS. Just amazing proof that DLR can take anyfucking song and make it kick ass.

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 02:12 PM
this tune was originally recorded by Betty Everett in the 60's

LR's version was OK, a little too poppy for me

I dig the Van Halenized deal :cool:

ThrillsNSpills
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
60's huh

before my time

diamondsgirl
09-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Dave's screams are mint in this tune :cool:

nosuchluck
09-10-2005, 02:18 PM
one of Ed's best ever solos too, imo

awesome song...

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, that sho' ain't Linda Ronstadt style I say!!

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 05:52 PM
The live version is off the charts...

From '79 I think.

DABSR
09-20-2005, 12:35 PM
And that beggining that just slowly fades in ... sounds like Michael but Edward may have opted for the 4 string to start this one.

A truly classic cover.

I wonder what they have in the vault, as far as covers, that were as good as this and "You really got me" ???

Maybe someday we'll find out

Romeo Delight
09-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DABSR
And that beggining that just slowly fades in ... sounds like Michael but Edward may have opted for the 4 string to start this one.

A truly classic cover.

I wonder what they have in the vault, as far as covers, that were as good as this and "You really got me" ???

Maybe someday we'll find out

Cream's "I'm So Glad" was meant for 1984, but they were worried about sonic quality on vinyl disk (not enough space)

They played it live on US festival

Little Texan
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
"You're No Good" is awesome, no doubt, but I thought they should have recorded the original song (Down In Flames) the music came from, instead.

DABSR
09-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey D-Flamma,

I don't know how many different covers they've done, but you said they covered Cream's "I'm so glad". I would have LOVED hearing them cover Cream's version of Booker T.'s "Born under a bad sign" ....man that would have been so damn heavy after they got through with it !!!

But for all the covers they've recorded after VH II's "You're no good" I would trade'em all for original stuff.

As for live ... I'm sure they enough covers recorded to release an awesome "Van Halenized tunes" double album.

Imagine .....