PDA

View Full Version : Goddammit!

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok everybody knows the mighty Van Halen was the greatest musical entity in the universe.....

And every once in a while it hits you in the face like a fuckin brick...and all you can say is GODDAMMIT!

So I'm watching the Largo vid today with DLoc jr......

....during the breakdown in the middle of "Everybody Wants Some" when the band just stops, even Alex, to listen to the crowd....they're going nuts..the place is nuclear, off the map....

The band can't believe the noise...they all have the biggest smiles on their mugs.....

I got goosebumps....

And so I have my moment...

GODDAMMIT!

End of rant.

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I say God damn...God damn that bible pushin' man...

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 06:35 PM
And it's at these moments when you want to turn to a Hagar-YentlHalen fan and smack them directly upside the head and say,

"You see, this is the difference between the greatest rock and roll band probably ever, and a bunch of boys playing music like Girls."

It is extremely frustrating because for many of us, Van Halen was just reacing their fucking prime when they split--and their prime was HUGE.

Most people don't remember just how big they were from 80-85, and the scary and most frustrating thing is that they would have been a shitload bigger.

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Good post, Clint! It makes me sick when clowns start rappin' about how Sammy made the band better, etc. etc. Those folks needs to SHUT THEIR BIG YAPPER!

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 06:38 PM
So true....

Just think of all the hair bands that would have never got off the ground because the VH vaccuum would have sucked em in.....

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
So true....

Just think of all the hair bands that would have never got off the ground from because the VH vaccuum would have sucked em in.....

Instead of touring with Extreme and Cinderella, Van Rothin' would have DESTROYED THEM. YEZ YEZ.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Do you guys remember walking into the record store in 1984? You remember walking in, and looking around, and the only thing you saw was that smoking baby. Up on the walls, on pins, on the people working in the store, lifesize cutouts, hanging from strings on the ceiling--

So THAT was Magic.

It's impossible to explain to people how big they were, and how they have never come close to it since. The only band since that I can think of that was THAT big was perhaps Guns N' Roses, which was the Rock band that swallowed that vacuum you talked about Mr. Roc.

Van Halen was without a doubt the biggest band in the world when the parted ways, and it had nothing to do with being #1, and everything to do with what Roth did best--

Create the Buzz.

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 06:48 PM
They made the music, the Jew sold it.

Shit, I was 9 when '84 came out, and hell yes I remember walking into the record store and seeing nothing but VH...and rightly so.

Not only was it the best music out there, Dave fucking knew it, and handed you a fucking copy anyway...

It wasnt.."Have you heard the new Van Halen?

It was..."Here, listen to this, motherfucker!"

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
When I was a youngin' an' any party you went to in the neighborhood...always kicked of with a lil' 1984 an' a bunch of loons and goons launching themselves off of furniture, etc. Ahhhh, the good ol' days nah...

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 06:53 PM
LOL

Yeah, there were far too many little boys doing split kicks off the drum riser, er...I mean the back of the couch.....

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 06:55 PM
It wasn't even "Here, listen to it Motherfucker!"

You'd walk in the store, and get bitchslapped right upside your head with it, and ask for more.

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
It wasn't even "Here, listen to it Motherfucker!"

You'd walk in the store, and get bitchslapped right upside your head with it, and ask for more.

HA!

So the 1984 intro is just the ringing in my ears.....makes sense to me.

Loons The Great
09-10-2005, 07:01 PM
LOL

Yeah, there were far too many little boys doing split kicks off the drum riser, er...I mean the back of the couch.....

Now fast forward about twenty years an' I got hammered at a watering hole on Jack shots and Guiness an' sang karate-okie to,"Jump." Started feelin' all young, impulsive and badass and tried to launch off of the drum riser, er some table...suit pants split, snaked the crowd, won the 100$ contest, threw up in some bushes outside my crib and passed out. That's what happens when you jus' say,"What the hell would Roth do??"

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Loons, old boy.....

That is the best thing I've heard all day, bar none.

"New Year's Eve? Try a typical Tuesday..."

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
And as your laying in the bushes in your own throw-up--$100 gone from buying a round for the bar, and a $20 to the waitress to see her tits--passed out, dreaming of that day when you were 10, jumping off the couch--

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
And as your laying in the bushes in your own throw-up--$100 gone from buying a round for the bar, and a $20 to the waitress to see her tits--passed out, dreaming of that day when you were 10, jumping off the couch--

Boom. And it all makes sense.

TheManWithNoName
09-10-2005, 07:17 PM
It's funny. I remember during the Sam and Dave show, waiting in line for tickets. I'm standing next to this Hagar fan. I'm there with my girl at the time, a Saturday morning, jeans and a VH t-shirt, the VH in the 80's, Heaven Help us All shirt.

This tool next to me has a poster with Sam version VH all over it.

and boxing gloves around his neck.

I said to him, why do you have all that stuff? He told me he was going to have Sam sign it. Now, I need to remind you that it was more than a month from the show.

He said he was going to leave it at the box office for him.

Then he proceeded to tell me about the first time he saw Van Hagar. This whole time, I'm just shaking my head. Finally, I tell him that Hagar ruined the band. I didn't get pissed, I just said, Hagar ruined the band. This guy, he looks at me, and starts crying. I get the, "I'm so mad I'm sad," crap.

My girl looks him dead in the eyes, and this chick was bad ass, hot and tough. She looks at him and says, quit sniveling like a little girl, christ. And he literally walked back to the end of the line.

Can that sum it up any better?

Cherrie, I sure as hell miss that chick.

DlocRoth
09-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Sam signing boxing gloves is like Bea Arthur hosting Miss America....

Loons The Great
09-11-2005, 01:17 PM
This a here thread is tremendous. 'Nuff said.

This thread right here reminds me that Van Rothin' opened for the Rolling Stones in 1981 and Van Hagar opened for Bon Jovi in 1995.

Last_Child
09-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Well I say..

Goddamn I'ts a Shame I don't have a FUCKING clue on how to burn DVD's--
:mad:

Northern Girl
09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Goddammit!

CVH Rulz
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
So I'm watching the Largo vid today with DLoc jr......

Good dad! :D

DlocRoth
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz
Good dad! :D

Thanks! He's 5, but does a pretty good split kick...

Dirty Duck
09-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Clint...you're right on the money my man. It's sad to think that one time Classic VH ruled the airwaves and the teens brains. What rules the airwaves now? Untalented hacks that say they're rock n roll...but are about as Rock n Roll as Sammy hagar...

God dammit!!!!!!!

Loons The Great
12-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Bump!!