PDA

View Full Version : From A To F How Would You Rate Americas Response To Katrina And Why?

jcook11
09-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Given all the intangibales Igotta say B+ Since thisis the worst national disaster we have ever seen not to mention the animals as along with the humans that came out B+ Semms about right to me

FORD
09-12-2005, 01:19 AM
America's response? Defined as what, exactly?

The BCE? They get an F.

FEMA D-

State/Local C-

Corporate Media B- (at least the first week, when they couldn't gloss over the horror, and before Cheney made the phone calls to "get back in line")

Red Cross, WalMart, various fire departments, Toyota, and other companies and organizations who TRIED to respond in a timely fashion, (but were BLOCKED by the BCE) get an A for effort.

This also goes for any and all individuals who have contributed to whatever charities and/or relief organizations. (at least the ones that aren't fronts for African diamond mines)

And our own Elvis & his crew get an A+ for the successful evacuation of 85 senior citzens from a flooded nursing home. ( I think that was the right number. Correct me if otherwise)

Overall picture - fucking pathetic. There simply is no way around it, at least for the first week.

jcook11
09-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by FORD
America's response? Defined as what, exactly?

The BCE? They get an F.

FEMA D-

State/Local C-

Corporate Media B- (at least the first week, when they couldn't gloss over the horror, and before Cheney made the phone calls to "get back in line")

Red Cross, WalMart, various fire departments, Toyota, and other companies and organizations who TRIED to respond in a timely fashion, (but were BLOCKED by the BCE) get an A for effort.

This also goes for any and all individuals who have contributed to whatever charities and/or relief organizations. (at least the ones that aren't fronts for African diamond mines)

And our own Elvis & his crew get an A+ for the successful evacuation of 85 senior citzens from a flooded nursing home. ( I think that was the right number. Correct me if otherwise)

Overall picture - fucking pathetic. There simply is no way around it, at least for the first week.

Well how many natural disasters of this magnitude have you or any of the rest of us have tried to manage....Real easy to Monday morning Q.B. this one.

FORD
09-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by jcook11
Well how many natural disasters of this magnitude have you or any of the rest of us have tried to manage....Real easy to Monday morning Q.B. this one.

Actually, it's impossible to Monday Morning QB this one. Because when the 17th street levee was tackled and left to die on the floor of the Superdome on Monday morning, Team BCE didn't even suit up and take the field until 5 days later.

Now what kind of ball game is that?

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Given all the intangibales Igotta say B+ Since thisis the worst national disaster we have ever seen not to mention the animals as along with the humans that came out B+ Semms about right to me

Drunk again?

Semms about right, considering the intangibales

LoungeMachine
09-12-2005, 02:32 AM
and I give the federal response the same I give this thread.

F

I give the KKKarl Rove spin a D- He's losing his touch.

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Well how many natural disasters of this magnitude have you or any of the rest of us have tried to manage....Real easy to Monday morning Q.B. this one. You are caught in the trap of your own small view of the world.

When a major city like New Orleans isn't protected by a world class levee, canal, dike system is only part of the big picture you may never see.

Not because you are not smart enough to see the big picture, but because you ain't gonna have the time, BAYBEE!

After this winter's frozen thaw and many questions are asked there's going to be hell to pay, this time by the media too unlike after 9/11, because they wouldn't look patriotic exposing the monstrous failures of our elected leaders. Now the media can expose failure, graft, corruption, and so on.

I think from out of those questions a civil war will erupt in the U.S. in 2006, probably after spring when people get back out in the streets and when it nears summer in June.

And it won't be a civil war where 80k are killed in a day at Gettysburg based on the past.

It will look like a series of JFK's and Waco's around the country.

You're not going to have the time to grasp the big picture unless you do some fast catching up, brother.

:spank:

Warham
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
State - F
Local - F
Federal - D
Media - B
Kanye West - F-

Phil theStalker
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Warham
State - F
Local - F
Federal - D
Media - B
Kanye West - F-
I can't grade Kanye. I don't even know what he said and I've listened to it many times.

:spank: